Kylie's Lean Years 1992-6/2000! - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Mar 15th, 2002, 09:34 AM   #1
AUSBOY

AUSBOY has a brilliant future AUSBOY has a brilliant future AUSBOY has a brilliant future AUSBOY has a brilliant future AUSBOY has a brilliant future AUSBOY has a brilliant future AUSBOY has a brilliant future AUSBOY has a brilliant future AUSBOY has a brilliant future AUSBOY has a brilliant future AUSBOY has a brilliant future
Kylie's Lean Years 1992-6/2000!

To All those Kylie fans that think she has always been the biggest Australian Female Artist ever both internationally and domestically

Hear are her Chartifacts fresh from ARIA (Australian Record Industry Association)

AUSTRALIAN - KYLIES CHARTING HITS (1992-6/2000)

DEBUT DATE HIGHEST ARTIST - TITLE

02/02/1992 #23 Kylie Minogue and Keith Washington - IF YOU WERE WITH ME NOW
12/04/1992 #24 Kylie Minogue - GIVE ME JUST A LITTLE MORE TIME
05/07/1992 #60 Kylie Minogue - FINER FEELINGS (BROTHERS IN RHYTHM MIX)
27/09/1992 #17 Kylie Minogue - WHAT KIND OF FOOL (HEARD ALL THAT BEFORE)
13/12/1992 #21 Kylie Minogue - CELEBRATION
11/09/1994 #1* Kylie Minogue - CONFIDE IN ME
11/12/1994 #11 Kylie Minogue - PUT YOURSELF IN MY PLACE
27/08/1995 #31 Kylie Minogue - WHERE IS THE FEELING?
15/10/1995 #2* Nick Cave and Kylie Minogue - WHERE THE WILD ROSES GROW
12/10/1997 #27 Kylie Minogue - SOME KIND OF BLISS
21/12/1997 #15 Kylie Minogue - DID IT AGAIN
26/04/1998 #23 Kylie Minogue - BREATHE
18/10/1998 #39 Kylie Minogue - COWBOY STYLE
29/11/1998 #50 Towa Tei featuring Kylie Minogue - G.B.I.

** Only 2 Top Ten hits in 8.5 years!!!!**

USA - KYLIES CHARTING HITS (1992-6/2000)

Ooops I forgot there are none!

UK - Can someone fill me in?????

28/02/1992 #6 Kylie Minogue - GIVE ME JUST A LITTLE MORE TIME

Nothing else went top 20 up until 12/93 Don't have information after that.

Confide in me was top 3????

Anyone??????
AUSBOY is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Mar 15th, 2002, 10:39 AM   #2
Kart

Kart is an unknown quantity at this point
In UK, off the top of my head :

Celebration made top 20 - about no. 15.

Confide in me got to no. 2.

Put yourself in my place got to no. 6, I think.

Some kind of bliss made top 40, but I don't think it got any higher than 34 or 35 ish.

Sorry but that's about all I remember.
Kart is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 15th, 2002, 11:07 AM   #3
Adrian
Team WTAworld

Adrian has a little shameless behaviour in the past
So do you want an award Ausboy?. Why is every post of yours trying to bring someone down?. your a sad ass that gives lousy head, get over it and stop trying to bring everyone down to your sorry ass level.
Adrian is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 15th, 2002, 11:44 AM   #4
country flag TS

TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute
OK....in defense of Kylie

Most of those songs u mentioned that didnt chart very well, were either like the 5th or 6th singles of an album, or weren't promoted well at all...namely "Finer Feelings", Where Is The Feeling", "If You Were With Me Now" and "German, Bold, Italics" (that shouldnt even be listed as she was only the guest vocalist )

The "Impossible Princess" album (titled "Kylie Minogue" in the UK, in case UK posters are wondering) wasnt a complete flop like so many people are quick to dismiss...considering it was more 'alternative' than the Kylie everyone was used to, and considering she wrote most of it herself (which was a risk well taken IMO), it was a hit in its own right and very well received by critics. Personally it is my fave Kylie album, and considering it was released at a time when pop was back with a bang (see Spice Girls et al ) most of the singles performed very well! For a performer of many years, surely we cant expect every hit to go top 10? The fact remains, she had a number 1 hit in 94 with "Confide In Me"...a top 5 collaboration with Nick Cave in 95...a big radio (and chart) hit with Did It Again in 98...and a sellout tour in 98! That aint half bad
Even if some of the songs she released werent huge hits, they were great songs and helped give her the credibility that she now enjoys. Some of her audience weren't ready for her change in style, and maybe some people just wouldnt buy it and remained cynical...thats fine. To me she 's always been great and I have no hesitation in calling her the greatest Australian female performer of *my* time ...Olivia never did it for me

So, in the past 2 years, Kylie has racked up hit after hit after hit...who cares if some of the songs she released in that time period u specified werent top 10 hits? I'm sure U2, Michael Jackson, Madonna and the like, have had a few *lean* years too

Go Kylie!
TS is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 15th, 2002, 02:50 PM   #5
country flag rightous

rightous has a reputation beyond repute rightous has a reputation beyond repute rightous has a reputation beyond repute rightous has a reputation beyond repute rightous has a reputation beyond repute rightous has a reputation beyond repute rightous has a reputation beyond repute rightous has a reputation beyond repute rightous has a reputation beyond repute rightous has a reputation beyond repute rightous has a reputation beyond repute
Ok I think these are right they are off the top of my head

#6 Kylie Minogue and Keith Washington - IF YOU WERE WITH ME NOW
#6 Kylie Minogue - GIVE ME JUST A LITTLE MORE TIME
#12 Kylie Minogue - FINER FEELINGS (BROTHERS IN RHYTHM MIX)
#2 Kylie Minogue - CONFIDE IN ME
#11 Kylie Minogue - PUT YOURSELF IN MY PLACE
#12 Nick Cave and Kylie Minogue - WHERE THE WILD ROSES GROW
#23 Kylie Minogue - SOME KIND OF BLISS
#12 Kylie Minogue - DID IT AGAIN
#12 Kylie Minogue - BREATHE

U

Ooops I forgot there are none!
Old Mar 15th, 2002, 04:33 PM   #6
AUSBOY

AUSBOY has a brilliant future AUSBOY has a brilliant future AUSBOY has a brilliant future AUSBOY has a brilliant future AUSBOY has a brilliant future AUSBOY has a brilliant future AUSBOY has a brilliant future AUSBOY has a brilliant future AUSBOY has a brilliant future AUSBOY has a brilliant future AUSBOY has a brilliant future
Thanks Rightous

Interesting to see nearly every song Kylie released in this period was bigger in the UK than in her home country!!!

I find that really strange! Says a lot I think!

Still she is a fantastic ambassador for Australia, hope her success continues to flurrish America like Kasey Chambers and Keith Urban have in recent times!
AUSBOY is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 15th, 2002, 06:15 PM   #7
country flag MLF

MLF has a reputation beyond repute MLF has a reputation beyond repute MLF has a reputation beyond repute MLF has a reputation beyond repute MLF has a reputation beyond repute MLF has a reputation beyond repute MLF has a reputation beyond repute MLF has a reputation beyond repute MLF has a reputation beyond repute MLF has a reputation beyond repute MLF has a reputation beyond repute
These are the official UK positions for Kylie in that period according to the Guinness Book of Hit Singles:

If You Were With Me Now #4
Give Me Just A Little More Time #2
Finer Feelings #11
What Kind Of Fool #14
Celebration #20
Confide In Me # 2
Put Yourself In My Place #11
Where Is The Feeling #16
Where The Wild Roses Grow #11 ( with Nick Cave
Some Kind Of Bliss #22
Did It Again #14
Breathe #14
GBI #63 ( Towa Tei featuring Kylie Minogue )

Albums:

Let's Get To It #15
Kylie Minogue '94 #4
Impossible Princess #10

Certainly not peak period Kylie positions but definitely far superior to any other Aussie act in the same period of time.
MLF is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 16th, 2002, 02:49 AM   #8
country flag Shane54

Shane54 is a splendid one to behold Shane54 is a splendid one to behold Shane54 is a splendid one to behold Shane54 is a splendid one to behold Shane54 is a splendid one to behold Shane54 is a splendid one to behold Shane54 is a splendid one to behold Shane54 is a splendid one to behold Shane54 is a splendid one to behold Shane54 is a splendid one to behold Shane54 is a splendid one to behold
Thanks Ausboy for the facts. Kylie is a great talent. By I will take OLIVIA anyday!!! Livvy Rules!!!

#1: "Have you ever been mellow","I Honestly Love you", "You're the One that I want", "Magic", "Physical"

Top 5: "If you love me", "Please Mr Please", "Hopelessly Devoted to You", "Little More Love", "Make a move on me", "Heart Attack", "Twist of Fate", "Summer Nights"

Not to mention one of the all time greats: "GREASE"
Shane54 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 16th, 2002, 08:54 PM   #9
country flag rightous

rightous has a reputation beyond repute rightous has a reputation beyond repute rightous has a reputation beyond repute rightous has a reputation beyond repute rightous has a reputation beyond repute rightous has a reputation beyond repute rightous has a reputation beyond repute rightous has a reputation beyond repute rightous has a reputation beyond repute rightous has a reputation beyond repute rightous has a reputation beyond repute
Ausboy as you say its strange that she has had better success in the UK than in OZ but I think people here see her as being form the UK , just one of their own.