Iroda’s like me, a petrolhead!
She once got pulled over by American Cops for underage/unlicensed driving!
It’s all in this Avtoolam interview
Mobile Person: Iroda Tulyaganova. "I can not resist the temptation ..."
One day ... in 1997, somewhere far away in America, a policeman stopped rushing at the speed of the car. To the surprise of the guards about the car, behind the wheel was a very young girl, who at 15 has never had a driver's license, but was possessed by a desire to quickly learn how to drive a car. In addition, the youngest was a talented tennis player narushitelnitsa, who came to America to compete. Without thinking twice, police released an avid racer, taking the girls promise to no longer get behind the wheel until adulthood, and in addition - an autograph. Today the winner of the prestigious tournaments - the Uzbek tennis player Iroda Tulyaganova recalls with a smile this case it is recognized that until now could not resist the temptation to drive a car.
- Herod, now you do not see on sports tournaments. It is assumed that a career in the big tennis is over?
- Yes, at the moment I left the professional game. It happened a couple of years ago for health reasons. Today I also appear on the court, but as a sportsman stride. In addition, the past 2 years I have been with a girl, which stands for Uzbekistan. She was 16 years old and at a recent tennis tournament in Tashkent, it showed good results. The plans - will soon open a sports school in Fergana, which I hope will give way to all young and talented tennis players.
- You have won Wimbledon and reached the rank of 16th rackets in the world. Certainly miss the competitive atmosphere?
- Frankly, sport - it's hard work, today I have no regrets about his decision. Of course there are moments when I miss my victories, watching the battles which unfold on the tennis tournaments. And sometimes it seems that if I left now, then surely all would be defeated. But I've played her. If you could go back, only to the level at which a. And it is - heavy and long-term work, and my health is no longer pull it. All in good time today I have a rich and interesting life. Of course, if one day come a time when I really want to go back to the sport, I'm going, I will come on the court and start working. And nothing I will not stop. But so far I have very different plans. I am happy to do coaching, travel the world and relax with friends.
- It is said that you - a big fan of cars. It has long been behind the wheel?
- Yes, I'm behind the wheel for a long time - 13 years and has seen a lot of cars. First, I will gladly drove to the Nexia (Daewoo)
then, when it became the 16th tennis player, a tournament for personal use were given to me Porsche Boxster
. As I have often practiced in America, where I had a Mercedes ML
, in Russia, I went to the Audi S8
, and on his return to Tashkent decided to buy a Chevrolet Captiva
- Apparently, you will quickly adapt to road traffic in other countries?
- Very. I love cars, one time I lived in Miami, and I had the wonderful opportunity to enjoy high-speed highways, on which I could ride for hours on end. Perhaps that is why I can easily guided on the road in different countries. I practically memorized by heart by many foreign roads, and now, with the advent of browsers, I sometimes get bored while driving, I'm starting to get confused, and finally trust in the way only my memory and practice. My only problem is - do not remember the names of streets, and often only way to learn visually.
- So, the navigator in your car - something useless. And without which you can not do?
- The main thing for me as a driver - it's comfort. Whoever claimed that the car for us - it's just a vehicle, every person strives for convenience. I can not get by without air conditioning in the car, without a beautiful, comfortable cabin, and almost always ride with the windows closed, because, to my surprise, I often find out, even on the road.
- Find out mostly fans or employees GRSP?
- And those and others. On the highway, close to where I live, many of the traffic police are already aware of my car, and so rarely stop. Smile, and it is very nice. At other intersections is such that, for minor violations may be stopped. One time in my life have I even had a case where the employee GRSP robbed me of my right to drive - not a very pleasant situation, but what to do: I broke the rules, and this - his work ...
She had her licence revoked? Something that’s happened to me too
and more than once
Kind of goes with the territory of being a London despatch rider, which I was for several years.
- At our meeting you have arrived at the Nexia bright green color. Love the car stand out in a number?
- At this Nexia - another story. It was donated to sponsor me after my win at the Wimbledon Championships. At that time it was a very fashionable color, and now from time to time I go on it, despite the fact that no one had time to change the car. And if we talk about colors, I believe that each machine has its own color. Ferrari - red, Lamborghini - yellow, Nexia - silver, and Porsche Cayenne should be white, with white leather upholstery and will certainly look luxurious!
- This is the dream car Iroda Tulyaganova?
- Yes! Most recently, I saw this car at his close friend and literally "sick" of it. In truth, I love the luxurious, beautiful cars, and when any new model comes out, I just can not stand in front of her.
I agree with Iroda. If you’re going to spend on a car, might as well get it in the right colour. I'm not sure about a white Cayenne though? When it comes to Porsches in the right colour, a GT2 RS in black does it for me, or Carrera GT in black, or how about a Cayman R in green...
Cooler than a penguins underpants.
What would you wish for all motorists in our country?
- I wish that every man, sitting behind the wheel, first of all think about their safety. Today young people are often satisfied with the race on a bet, and this may lead to the most terrible consequences. I also love to drive fast, but in any case not within the busy highways. Our life is beautiful, and not worth it to jeopardize for the sake of some five minutes of fame, so all the street-racing driver, I would advise to compete outside the city limits on special tracks and official events. But the rest - do not get behind the wheel drunk and abide by the rules of the road. [/END]
Sensible girl, but Irodas petrolhead can turn her into a mean girl! There was picture on facebook, showing her friend and little boy standing by a Xmas tree - as usual the comments were untranslatable transliterated Russian, but what I think Iroda was suggesting, was that the Mother (Iroda’s friend) should get the little boy to ask Santa, not for little boy toys, like TellyTubbies, but for what Mum really wants, an BMW X5!
She sure does love her SUV’s.