Britney Formalizes Marriage, Splits with Manager - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Reply

Old Oct 9th, 2004, 06:21 AM   #1
country flag tennisIlove09
Senior Member
 
tennisIlove09's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Posts: 44,079
tennisIlove09 has a reputation beyond repute tennisIlove09 has a reputation beyond repute tennisIlove09 has a reputation beyond repute tennisIlove09 has a reputation beyond repute tennisIlove09 has a reputation beyond repute tennisIlove09 has a reputation beyond repute tennisIlove09 has a reputation beyond repute tennisIlove09 has a reputation beyond repute tennisIlove09 has a reputation beyond repute tennisIlove09 has a reputation beyond repute tennisIlove09 has a reputation beyond repute
Britney Formalizes Marriage, Splits with Manager

Britney Formalizes Marriage, Splits with Manager

Thu Oct 7, 8:54 PM ET
Entertainment - Reuters



By Steve Gorman

LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - Pop star Britney Spears (news) formalized her union with dancer Kevin Federline on Thursday just as she parted ways with the manager who had been guiding her career since she was 13, her spokeswoman said.


Reuters Photo

AFP Slideshow: Britney Spears


"All the proper paperwork was dealt with today, filed, done. It's all legal," Spears' publicist, Leslie Sloane, told Reuters when asked whether the singer's marriage license had been filed.



Spears, 22, and Federline, 26, exchanged vows in a secret wedding ceremony in Los Angeles last month. But as People magazine published exclusive photos of event, rival magazine US Weekly cast doubt on the legitimacy of the nuptials, reporting it had obtained documents showing the whole ceremony was fake.



Spears acknowledged then that the couple had yet to file a marriage license -- as California law requires within 90 days of the ceremony -- but insisted their wedding was real.



She told People they had been legally advised to wait for a grace period after finalizing their prenuptial agreement.



Also on Thursday, Spears' longtime manager, Larry Rudolph, announced that he and the singer had "mutually agreed not to renew their nine-year management relationship."



Rudolph is credited with discovering the Louisiana native when she was just 13 years old, helping guide her early career and building her into one of the most successful recording stars in recent years.



Spears has sold more than 60 million albums since she shot to fame with her 1999 debut, "... Baby One More Time." With the subsequent releases of "Oops! ... I Did It Again" and "Britney," Spears became the first female performer in the history of Billboard magazine to have her first three albums open at No. 1 on the pop album chart.



In a statement, Rudolph said, "Britney and I simply realized what we have done all we can do together."



Sloane said the split was amicable and added no decisions had been made about future management for Spears.

Rudolph said he would be teaming up with the family-owned Maloof Entertainment company, which owns and operates the Palms Resort & Casino Hotel in Las Vegas to produce TV projects.

tennisIlove09 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 

Old Oct 9th, 2004, 06:08 PM   #2
country flag Bacardi
Senior Member
 
Bacardi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Raccoon City's Hive
Posts: 14,742
Bacardi has a reputation beyond repute Bacardi has a reputation beyond repute Bacardi has a reputation beyond repute Bacardi has a reputation beyond repute Bacardi has a reputation beyond repute Bacardi has a reputation beyond repute Bacardi has a reputation beyond repute Bacardi has a reputation beyond repute Bacardi has a reputation beyond repute Bacardi has a reputation beyond repute Bacardi has a reputation beyond repute
I hear someone's career going down the toilet.
__________________
I'm BACK & SINGLE. So lock up all the hotties!
Bacardi is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 9th, 2004, 06:28 PM   #3
country flag Helen Lawson
Senior Member
 
Helen Lawson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Waiting for Shirley
Posts: 18,089
Helen Lawson has a reputation beyond repute Helen Lawson has a reputation beyond repute Helen Lawson has a reputation beyond repute Helen Lawson has a reputation beyond repute Helen Lawson has a reputation beyond repute Helen Lawson has a reputation beyond repute Helen Lawson has a reputation beyond repute Helen Lawson has a reputation beyond repute Helen Lawson has a reputation beyond repute Helen Lawson has a reputation beyond repute Helen Lawson has a reputation beyond repute
We can only hope that she pulls a Greta Garbo and wants to be alone, very, very soon.
__________________
They should take the reporters from the National Enquirer, the Star, and USWeekly and make them hunt down the terrorists. They would find the terrorists. All of them.
Helen Lawson is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 9th, 2004, 10:27 PM   #4
country flag BritneySpearsIsHot
Senior Member
 
BritneySpearsIsHot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Detective Land
Posts: 13,216
BritneySpearsIsHot has a brilliant future BritneySpearsIsHot has a brilliant future BritneySpearsIsHot has a brilliant future BritneySpearsIsHot has a brilliant future BritneySpearsIsHot has a brilliant future BritneySpearsIsHot has a brilliant future BritneySpearsIsHot has a brilliant future BritneySpearsIsHot has a brilliant future BritneySpearsIsHot has a brilliant future BritneySpearsIsHot has a brilliant future BritneySpearsIsHot has a brilliant future
Another error from the totally adorable pop babe.

When she comes home tonight, i'll be having a word or two
BritneySpearsIsHot is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 9th, 2004, 10:29 PM   #5
country flag AjdeNate!
I'm so current, I'm tomorrow.
 
AjdeNate!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: The City by the Lake.
Posts: 49,171
AjdeNate! has a reputation beyond repute AjdeNate! has a reputation beyond repute AjdeNate! has a reputation beyond repute AjdeNate! has a reputation beyond repute AjdeNate! has a reputation beyond repute AjdeNate! has a reputation beyond repute AjdeNate! has a reputation beyond repute AjdeNate! has a reputation beyond repute AjdeNate! has a reputation beyond repute AjdeNate! has a reputation beyond repute AjdeNate! has a reputation beyond repute
He's not even that cute. I dunno.... JT and Hubby #1 were much cuter. And of course, being completely superficial as I am, that's all that really matters.

(Jokes, peeps, jokes)
AjdeNate! is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 9th, 2004, 10:30 PM   #6
country flag Barrie_Dude
Senior Member
 
Barrie_Dude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Fenway Park
Posts: 131,069
Barrie_Dude has a reputation beyond repute Barrie_Dude has a reputation beyond repute Barrie_Dude has a reputation beyond repute Barrie_Dude has a reputation beyond repute Barrie_Dude has a reputation beyond repute Barrie_Dude has a reputation beyond repute Barrie_Dude has a reputation beyond repute Barrie_Dude has a reputation beyond repute Barrie_Dude has a reputation beyond repute Barrie_Dude has a reputation beyond repute Barrie_Dude has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bacardi
I hear someone's career going down the toilet.
Well, that explains the loud flushing sound I hear when her name is mentioned! It also explains the loud farting sound I hear everytime she sings!
__________________
Barrie_Dude is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 9th, 2004, 10:33 PM   #7
country flag Barrie_Dude
Senior Member
 
Barrie_Dude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Fenway Park
Posts: 131,069
Barrie_Dude has a reputation beyond repute Barrie_Dude has a reputation beyond repute Barrie_Dude has a reputation beyond repute Barrie_Dude has a reputation beyond repute Barrie_Dude has a reputation beyond repute Barrie_Dude has a reputation beyond repute Barrie_Dude has a reputation beyond repute Barrie_Dude has a reputation beyond repute Barrie_Dude has a reputation beyond repute Barrie_Dude has a reputation beyond repute Barrie_Dude has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Helen Lawson
We can only hope that she pulls a Greta Garbo and wants to be alone, very, very soon.
Yes,but Garbo had the talent and was missed. Britney has no talent, no sense and no class.
__________________
Barrie_Dude is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 9th, 2004, 10:36 PM   #8
country flag lizchris
Senior Member
 
lizchris's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Bergen County
Posts: 20,954
lizchris has a reputation beyond repute lizchris has a reputation beyond repute lizchris has a reputation beyond repute lizchris has a reputation beyond repute lizchris has a reputation beyond repute lizchris has a reputation beyond repute lizchris has a reputation beyond repute lizchris has a reputation beyond repute lizchris has a reputation beyond repute lizchris has a reputation beyond repute lizchris has a reputation beyond repute
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bacardi
I hear someone's career going down the toilet.
lizchris is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 10th, 2004, 01:24 AM   #9
country flag Athena
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 476
Athena is a jewel in the rough Athena is a jewel in the rough Athena is a jewel in the rough Athena is a jewel in the rough Athena is a jewel in the rough Athena is a jewel in the rough Athena is a jewel in the rough Athena is a jewel in the rough Athena is a jewel in the rough Athena is a jewel in the rough Athena is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by tennisIlove09
Britney Formalizes Marriage, Splits with Manager

Thu Oct 7, 8:54 PM ET
Entertainment - Reuters



By Steve Gorman

LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - Pop star Britney Spears (news) formalized her union with dancer Kevin Federline on Thursday just as she parted ways with the manager who had been guiding her career since she was 13, her spokeswoman said.


Reuters Photo

AFP Slideshow: Britney Spears


"All the proper paperwork was dealt with today, filed, done. It's all legal," Spears' publicist, Leslie Sloane, told Reuters when asked whether the singer's marriage license had been filed.



Spears, 22, and Federline, 26, exchanged vows in a secret wedding ceremony in Los Angeles last month. But as People magazine published exclusive photos of event, rival magazine US Weekly cast doubt on the legitimacy of the nuptials, reporting it had obtained documents showing the whole ceremony was fake.



Spears acknowledged then that the couple had yet to file a marriage license -- as California law requires within 90 days of the ceremony -- but insisted their wedding was real.



She told People they had been legally advised to wait for a grace period after finalizing their prenuptial agreement.



Also on Thursday, Spears' longtime manager, Larry Rudolph, announced that he and the singer had "mutually agreed not to renew their nine-year management relationship."



Rudolph is credited with discovering the Louisiana native when she was just 13 years old, helping guide her early career and building her into one of the most successful recording stars in recent years.



Spears has sold more than 60 million albums since she shot to fame with her 1999 debut, "... Baby One More Time." With the subsequent releases of "Oops! ... I Did It Again" and "Britney," Spears became the first female performer in the history of Billboard magazine to have her first three albums open at No. 1 on the pop album chart.



In a statement, Rudolph said, "Britney and I simply realized what we have done all we can do together."



Sloane said the split was amicable and added no decisions had been made about future management for Spears.

Rudolph said he would be teaming up with the family-owned Maloof Entertainment company, which owns and operates the Palms Resort & Casino Hotel in Las Vegas to produce TV projects.

Love makes the world go round and round indeed.
Athena is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 10th, 2004, 01:26 AM   #10
country flag Bacardi
Senior Member
 
Bacardi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Raccoon City's Hive
Posts: 14,742
Bacardi has a reputation beyond repute Bacardi has a reputation beyond repute Bacardi has a reputation beyond repute Bacardi has a reputation beyond repute Bacardi has a reputation beyond repute Bacardi has a reputation beyond repute Bacardi has a reputation beyond repute Bacardi has a reputation beyond repute Bacardi has a reputation beyond repute Bacardi has a reputation beyond repute Bacardi has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Athenaeum
He's not even that cute. I dunno.... JT and Hubby #1 were much cuter. And of course, being completely superficial as I am, that's all that really matters.

(Jokes, peeps, jokes)
Ya know, when I was younger, I was told "becareful of the company you keep, and the things you do. Because if you keep the wrong ones, and do too damn much, nobody's going to want you but the ugly ones". I guess Brit got around a lil too much, and no one with a brain wants her. That and I'm sure Federline likes that "cha-ching" in her bank account.
__________________
I'm BACK & SINGLE. So lock up all the hotties!
Bacardi is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 10th, 2004, 02:53 AM   #11
Steam
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 6,247
Steam is a splendid one to behold Steam is a splendid one to behold Steam is a splendid one to behold Steam is a splendid one to behold Steam is a splendid one to behold Steam is a splendid one to behold Steam is a splendid one to behold Steam is a splendid one to behold Steam is a splendid one to behold Steam is a splendid one to behold Steam is a splendid one to behold
Obviously Rudolph could no longer approve of her actions and decided to split from her. Her career and fan base are drastically shrinking. Hell, she isn't even that hot anymore. I'm disappointed.
Steam is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


Copyright (C) Verticalscope Inc
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
vBCredits v1.4 Copyright ©2007, PixelFX Studios