WTA Ameliorations - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Sep 30th, 2004, 08:02 AM   #1
country flag MrSerenaWilliams
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

MrSerenaWilliams has a reputation beyond repute MrSerenaWilliams has a reputation beyond repute MrSerenaWilliams has a reputation beyond repute MrSerenaWilliams has a reputation beyond repute MrSerenaWilliams has a reputation beyond repute MrSerenaWilliams has a reputation beyond repute MrSerenaWilliams has a reputation beyond repute MrSerenaWilliams has a reputation beyond repute MrSerenaWilliams has a reputation beyond repute MrSerenaWilliams has a reputation beyond repute MrSerenaWilliams has a reputation beyond repute
WTA Ameliorations

Here is the post for things you would like to see changed in the WTA.

POSITIVE COMMENTS ONLY. All cynical and negative posters will recieve negative rep. points.

EIGHTEEN GRAND SLAMS
LaReina Jameka Williams
MrSerenaWilliams is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Sep 30th, 2004, 08:05 AM   #2
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

MrSerenaWilliams has a reputation beyond repute MrSerenaWilliams has a reputation beyond repute MrSerenaWilliams has a reputation beyond repute MrSerenaWilliams has a reputation beyond repute MrSerenaWilliams has a reputation beyond repute MrSerenaWilliams has a reputation beyond repute MrSerenaWilliams has a reputation beyond repute MrSerenaWilliams has a reputation beyond repute MrSerenaWilliams has a reputation beyond repute MrSerenaWilliams has a reputation beyond repute MrSerenaWilliams has a reputation beyond repute
I'd like to see the WTA Championship final, along with Tier I finals and Grand Slam Finals, be best 3 out of 5 sets, not just 2 of 3.

EIGHTEEN GRAND SLAMS
LaReina Jameka Williams
Old Sep 30th, 2004, 08:42 AM   #3
country flag switz

switz has a reputation beyond repute switz has a reputation beyond repute switz has a reputation beyond repute switz has a reputation beyond repute switz has a reputation beyond repute switz has a reputation beyond repute switz has a reputation beyond repute switz has a reputation beyond repute switz has a reputation beyond repute switz has a reputation beyond repute switz has a reputation beyond repute
i would change nothing besides chanda rubin being guaranteed a top 10 position no matter her points.
switz is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 30th, 2004, 09:18 AM   #4
country flag esquímaux
Team WTAworld

esquímaux has a reputation beyond repute esquímaux has a reputation beyond repute esquímaux has a reputation beyond repute esquímaux has a reputation beyond repute esquímaux has a reputation beyond repute esquímaux has a reputation beyond repute esquímaux has a reputation beyond repute esquímaux has a reputation beyond repute esquímaux has a reputation beyond repute esquímaux has a reputation beyond repute esquímaux has a reputation beyond repute
"恐れてはいけない. 私は最初であり, 最後である"
esquímaux is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 30th, 2004, 11:15 AM   #5
country flag Mariangelina

Mariangelina has much to be proud of Mariangelina has much to be proud of Mariangelina has much to be proud of Mariangelina has much to be proud of Mariangelina has much to be proud of Mariangelina has much to be proud of Mariangelina has much to be proud of Mariangelina has much to be proud of Mariangelina has much to be proud of Mariangelina has much to be proud of Mariangelina has much to be proud of
More mixed doubles, and maybe have rankings. Mixed doubles is fun.

Make some rule making top 20 players play a certain number of doubles events. Regular doubles is fun too.

Make some extensive knowledge and verbal skills test for former players who wish to commentate. Tracy Austin is not fun.
And I buy the bar a double round of crown
And everybody's getting down
And this town ain't never gonna be the same.
Cause I saddle up my horse and I ride into the city
I make a lot of noise
Cause the girls, they are so pretty...

All
ez Amélie!

"My coach told me I had to expect, you know, some long rallies and stuff. So, you know, I was ready for this."
--Amelie Mauresmo breaking down the intricate nature of Team Mauresmo coaching strategies.
Mariangelina is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 30th, 2004, 11:44 AM   #6
country flag Lemonskin.

Lemonskin. has a reputation beyond repute Lemonskin. has a reputation beyond repute Lemonskin. has a reputation beyond repute Lemonskin. has a reputation beyond repute Lemonskin. has a reputation beyond repute Lemonskin. has a reputation beyond repute Lemonskin. has a reputation beyond repute Lemonskin. has a reputation beyond repute Lemonskin. has a reputation beyond repute Lemonskin. has a reputation beyond repute Lemonskin. has a reputation beyond repute
Abolish the cap on how many tourneys younger players can play.
grumblemeyer-spelterwasser-kurstlich-himbleeisen-bahnwagen-gutenabend-bitte-ein-
nürnburger-bratwustle-gerspurten-mitz-weimache-luber-hundsfut-gumberaber-shönedanker-
kalbsfleisch-mittler-aucher von Hautkopft of Ulm?
Lemonskin. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 30th, 2004, 12:07 PM   #7
country flag azmad_88

azmad_88 has a reputation beyond repute azmad_88 has a reputation beyond repute azmad_88 has a reputation beyond repute azmad_88 has a reputation beyond repute azmad_88 has a reputation beyond repute azmad_88 has a reputation beyond repute azmad_88 has a reputation beyond repute azmad_88 has a reputation beyond repute azmad_88 has a reputation beyond repute azmad_88 has a reputation beyond repute azmad_88 has a reputation beyond repute
make a camera or a tv or wateve 4 the umpire to see the close calls
this is very important
so the players will shut up
sometimes
they argue something that is out
but SOMETIMES
and what serena did was correct
she deserved the point so much!!
argHH!!!!!

Petra Kvitova - Svetlana Kuznetsova - Li Na - Sloane Stephens - Madison Keys

Will Always Love Kim Clijsters and Elena Dementieva
azmad_88 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 30th, 2004, 01:38 PM   #8
country flag lindsayno1

lindsayno1 has a brilliant future lindsayno1 has a brilliant future lindsayno1 has a brilliant future lindsayno1 has a brilliant future lindsayno1 has a brilliant future lindsayno1 has a brilliant future lindsayno1 has a brilliant future lindsayno1 has a brilliant future lindsayno1 has a brilliant future lindsayno1 has a brilliant future lindsayno1 has a brilliant future
i agree, womens finals should be out of 4/5 sets. people like the williams sisters, davenport etc could cope with that

Jelena Jankovic
Mary Pierce MARTINA HINGIS! Kim Clijsters Ana Ivanovic
lindsayno1 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 30th, 2004, 01:47 PM   #9
country flag Kelly

Kelly has much to be proud of Kelly has much to be proud of Kelly has much to be proud of Kelly has much to be proud of Kelly has much to be proud of Kelly has much to be proud of Kelly has much to be proud of Kelly has much to be proud of Kelly has much to be proud of Kelly has much to be proud of Kelly has much to be proud of
the season end should be joint with the mens...the womens attendances at the season end are shocking....it was aflop in munich...LA doesnt care..it should have stayed in new york....or be played in a major city in a different country each year but they to promote it more which if someone isnt a huge tennis fan they are not going to know aout it. the wta moan that players need to promote the sport more but wta need to promote the players for it to work.

TOWER OF POWER 2006

Kelly is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 30th, 2004, 03:00 PM   #10
country flag kabuki

kabuki has a reputation beyond repute kabuki has a reputation beyond repute kabuki has a reputation beyond repute kabuki has a reputation beyond repute kabuki has a reputation beyond repute kabuki has a reputation beyond repute kabuki has a reputation beyond repute kabuki has a reputation beyond repute kabuki has a reputation beyond repute kabuki has a reputation beyond repute kabuki has a reputation beyond repute
Shortened season
Increased participation in Tier 1's by the top 20
Return Fed Cup to a one week event
Lengthen Grass season (move RG up one week, Wimbledon back one week)
INSTANT REPLAY
kabuki is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 30th, 2004, 04:11 PM   #11
country flag martirogi

martirogi has a reputation beyond repute martirogi has a reputation beyond repute martirogi has a reputation beyond repute martirogi has a reputation beyond repute martirogi has a reputation beyond repute martirogi has a reputation beyond repute martirogi has a reputation beyond repute martirogi has a reputation beyond repute martirogi has a reputation beyond repute martirogi has a reputation beyond repute martirogi has a reputation beyond repute
join the tier 1s into a tennis master series type thing
2011- KVITOVA???

Honorable Mention: GOLOVIN, SAFAROVA, CIRSTEA
martirogi is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 30th, 2004, 04:31 PM   #12
country flag TomTennis

TomTennis has a reputation beyond repute TomTennis has a reputation beyond repute TomTennis has a reputation beyond repute TomTennis has a reputation beyond repute TomTennis has a reputation beyond repute TomTennis has a reputation beyond repute TomTennis has a reputation beyond repute TomTennis has a reputation beyond repute TomTennis has a reputation beyond repute TomTennis has a reputation beyond repute TomTennis has a reputation beyond repute
tier 1 finals 3/5 sets.

NO--- dont let the umpires have instant repley tv's, this will take away the "ohh.was it in or not" and all the arguements between players and umpires, why people want to take away the only thing that attratcs people to watch the sport is beyond me!

join mens and womens championsips together...how grea would it be if both were in China this year. ....the chines are crazy tennis fans!!!
TomTennis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 1st, 2004, 04:58 AM   #13
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Everyone, for the most part, has had some GREAT IDEAS!! Good job!

EIGHTEEN GRAND SLAMS
LaReina Jameka Williams
Old Oct 1st, 2004, 05:02 AM   #14
country flag Lemonskin.

Lemonskin. has a reputation beyond repute Lemonskin. has a reputation beyond repute Lemonskin. has a reputation beyond repute Lemonskin. has a reputation beyond repute Lemonskin. has a reputation beyond repute Lemonskin. has a reputation beyond repute Lemonskin. has a reputation beyond repute Lemonskin. has a reputation beyond repute Lemonskin. has a reputation beyond repute Lemonskin. has a reputation beyond repute Lemonskin. has a reputation beyond repute
A lot more grass events!!! For mine, grass is the best surface! It's the most traditional!!! The players could be made to wear white at all grass events too.
grumblemeyer-spelterwasser-kurstlich-himbleeisen-bahnwagen-gutenabend-bitte-ein-
nürnburger-bratwustle-gerspurten-mitz-weimache-luber-hundsfut-gumberaber-shönedanker-
kalbsfleisch-mittler-aucher von Hautkopft of Ulm?
Lemonskin. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 1st, 2004, 05:04 AM   #15
country flag AjdeNate!
I'm so current, I'm tomorrow.

AjdeNate! has a reputation beyond repute AjdeNate! has a reputation beyond repute AjdeNate! has a reputation beyond repute AjdeNate! has a reputation beyond repute AjdeNate! has a reputation beyond repute AjdeNate! has a reputation beyond repute AjdeNate! has a reputation beyond repute AjdeNate! has a reputation beyond repute AjdeNate! has a reputation beyond repute AjdeNate! has a reputation beyond repute AjdeNate! has a reputation beyond repute
Masters Series type events for Tier Is, which ALL top players are entered.
Get rid of byes.
Move YEC to rotating, non-already-tennis-tournament-having cities.
More marketing of the game and it's rivals, not just it's tennistas of the moment.

And my #1 thing:
Put commit/entry lists on WTATour.com website so all player's schedules can be known with easy reference. Make them available to the vox populi.
AjdeNate! is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote