What slam is Amelie, #1 player in the world, most capable of winning? - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Sep 28th, 2004, 03:50 PM   #1
country flag TennisVSTennis
Banned

TennisVSTennis will become famous soon enough TennisVSTennis will become famous soon enough TennisVSTennis will become famous soon enough TennisVSTennis will become famous soon enough TennisVSTennis will become famous soon enough TennisVSTennis will become famous soon enough TennisVSTennis will become famous soon enough TennisVSTennis will become famous soon enough TennisVSTennis will become famous soon enough TennisVSTennis will become famous soon enough TennisVSTennis will become famous soon enough
What slam is Amelie, #1 player in the world, most capable of winning?

French Open. Comparing all slams, she performs the worst on clay.
For 5 out of the 9 times she plays, she failed to reach 3R, unable to win more than 2 matches.
However, now that she has become #1 in the world, things will change.

Her game flows the best on clay, out of the 5 Tier I titles she won, 3 are on clay, the others are in Montreal.
And she choked in slams because she had a lack of confidence, with the experience of being #1 player in the world, she'll start to have the belief in herself again, and even more if she ends 2004 as #1.

She wont choke next year and she'll win French Open 2005.
TennisVSTennis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Sep 28th, 2004, 03:52 PM   #2
country flag kabuki

kabuki has a reputation beyond repute kabuki has a reputation beyond repute kabuki has a reputation beyond repute kabuki has a reputation beyond repute kabuki has a reputation beyond repute kabuki has a reputation beyond repute kabuki has a reputation beyond repute kabuki has a reputation beyond repute kabuki has a reputation beyond repute kabuki has a reputation beyond repute kabuki has a reputation beyond repute
Sorry, none. Barring France starting WWIII, all other countries boycotting the FO, and all the other French players getting food poisoning for two weeks.
kabuki is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 28th, 2004, 03:55 PM   #3
country flag brickhousesupporter

brickhousesupporter has a reputation beyond repute brickhousesupporter has a reputation beyond repute brickhousesupporter has a reputation beyond repute brickhousesupporter has a reputation beyond repute brickhousesupporter has a reputation beyond repute brickhousesupporter has a reputation beyond repute brickhousesupporter has a reputation beyond repute brickhousesupporter has a reputation beyond repute brickhousesupporter has a reputation beyond repute brickhousesupporter has a reputation beyond repute brickhousesupporter has a reputation beyond repute
The number 1 ranking will be even more of a curse now. If she thought she had pressure to wina grandslam, it will be even more now that she is number 1 in the rankings.
Old Sep 28th, 2004, 03:57 PM   #4
country flag saki

saki has a reputation beyond repute saki has a reputation beyond repute saki has a reputation beyond repute saki has a reputation beyond repute saki has a reputation beyond repute saki has a reputation beyond repute saki has a reputation beyond repute saki has a reputation beyond repute saki has a reputation beyond repute saki has a reputation beyond repute saki has a reputation beyond repute
Wimbledon, I think. She and Justine are the best grass-courters after Serena. With a bit of luck and Serena taken out by injury or someone else, I think she'd have a shot. Whether she'll get that luck is up to the gods.
saki is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 28th, 2004, 04:00 PM   #5
country flag Crazy_Fool

Crazy_Fool is just really nice Crazy_Fool is just really nice Crazy_Fool is just really nice Crazy_Fool is just really nice Crazy_Fool is just really nice Crazy_Fool is just really nice Crazy_Fool is just really nice Crazy_Fool is just really nice Crazy_Fool is just really nice Crazy_Fool is just really nice Crazy_Fool is just really nice
Yeh wimby or AO, French Open is probably her best surface, but her nerves won't stand it there.
Crazy_Fool is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 28th, 2004, 04:32 PM   #6
country flag swiss

swiss has much to be proud of swiss has much to be proud of swiss has much to be proud of swiss has much to be proud of swiss has much to be proud of swiss has much to be proud of swiss has much to be proud of swiss has much to be proud of swiss has much to be proud of swiss has much to be proud of swiss has much to be proud of
ALL OF THEM
she is excellent for all surfaces, but I think she is the best player of the world
on clay (with Justine) but she must win over her emotions
she 'll do it sometimes
swiss is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 28th, 2004, 04:34 PM   #7
country flag jimbo mack

jimbo mack has a reputation beyond repute jimbo mack has a reputation beyond repute jimbo mack has a reputation beyond repute jimbo mack has a reputation beyond repute jimbo mack has a reputation beyond repute jimbo mack has a reputation beyond repute jimbo mack has a reputation beyond repute jimbo mack has a reputation beyond repute jimbo mack has a reputation beyond repute jimbo mack has a reputation beyond repute jimbo mack has a reputation beyond repute
Australian open definitely

the surface and conditions really seem to suit her
jimbo mack is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 28th, 2004, 04:35 PM   #8
country flag Harju.
Ferosh Warrior ♥

Harju. has a reputation beyond repute Harju. has a reputation beyond repute Harju. has a reputation beyond repute Harju. has a reputation beyond repute Harju. has a reputation beyond repute Harju. has a reputation beyond repute Harju. has a reputation beyond repute Harju. has a reputation beyond repute Harju. has a reputation beyond repute Harju. has a reputation beyond repute Harju. has a reputation beyond repute
She plays best in clay but ironically Roland Garros seems to be that GS she just can not get.

IMO, her grass play is wonderful, so I think Wimbledon will be her second GS after AO. Well, hopefully

Harju. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 28th, 2004, 04:37 PM   #9
country flag jimbo mack

jimbo mack has a reputation beyond repute jimbo mack has a reputation beyond repute jimbo mack has a reputation beyond repute jimbo mack has a reputation beyond repute jimbo mack has a reputation beyond repute jimbo mack has a reputation beyond repute jimbo mack has a reputation beyond repute jimbo mack has a reputation beyond repute jimbo mack has a reputation beyond repute jimbo mack has a reputation beyond repute jimbo mack has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by saki
Wimbledon, I think. She and Justine are the best grass-courters after Serena. With a bit of luck and Serena taken out by injury or someone else, I think she'd have a shot. Whether she'll get that luck is up to the gods.
dont forget venus!! at her best, she's the best grasscourter out there

lindsay deserves a mention too
jimbo mack is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 28th, 2004, 04:40 PM   #10
country flag Helen Lawson

Helen Lawson has a reputation beyond repute Helen Lawson has a reputation beyond repute Helen Lawson has a reputation beyond repute Helen Lawson has a reputation beyond repute Helen Lawson has a reputation beyond repute Helen Lawson has a reputation beyond repute Helen Lawson has a reputation beyond repute Helen Lawson has a reputation beyond repute Helen Lawson has a reputation beyond repute Helen Lawson has a reputation beyond repute Helen Lawson has a reputation beyond repute
She made the finals of Australian and last year was looking good and relaxed before the injury, so I have to go with that one. That's also the "least prestigious" Slam, or so they say, and it's at the start of the year and there's slightly less hype to it, so with the mental aspect, that might be her best shot.

The French, forget it, even if she can get over her nerves, that one's too much to ask unless she has like a total brain transplant. I've not seen a choke-job from her at Wimbledon, but Serena's a tough order, and Serena will be there at least several more years. Not sure about the US Open.
Old Sep 28th, 2004, 04:43 PM   #11
KV

KV has a reputation beyond repute KV has a reputation beyond repute KV has a reputation beyond repute KV has a reputation beyond repute KV has a reputation beyond repute KV has a reputation beyond repute KV has a reputation beyond repute KV has a reputation beyond repute KV has a reputation beyond repute KV has a reputation beyond repute KV has a reputation beyond repute
Think Australian Open
KV is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 28th, 2004, 04:49 PM   #12
country flag Shenanigans

Shenanigans has a reputation beyond repute Shenanigans has a reputation beyond repute Shenanigans has a reputation beyond repute Shenanigans has a reputation beyond repute Shenanigans has a reputation beyond repute Shenanigans has a reputation beyond repute Shenanigans has a reputation beyond repute Shenanigans has a reputation beyond repute Shenanigans has a reputation beyond repute Shenanigans has a reputation beyond repute Shenanigans has a reputation beyond repute
She is capable of winning any GS slam but as far as competition from other players in GS's, so many of the players are a bit suspect on grass, Wimbledon would be the one slam that would be the least toughest on paper.
Shenanigans is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 28th, 2004, 04:54 PM   #13
country flag Linnie
drinking

Linnie has a reputation beyond repute Linnie has a reputation beyond repute Linnie has a reputation beyond repute Linnie has a reputation beyond repute Linnie has a reputation beyond repute Linnie has a reputation beyond repute Linnie has a reputation beyond repute Linnie has a reputation beyond repute Linnie has a reputation beyond repute Linnie has a reputation beyond repute Linnie has a reputation beyond repute
She was interviewed on a French radio station last week, and said her best prospects were the Aussie and Wimbledon. I'll have to go with one (or both ) of those, too

Linnie is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 28th, 2004, 04:58 PM   #14
country flag Sally Struthers

Sally Struthers has a reputation beyond repute Sally Struthers has a reputation beyond repute Sally Struthers has a reputation beyond repute Sally Struthers has a reputation beyond repute Sally Struthers has a reputation beyond repute Sally Struthers has a reputation beyond repute Sally Struthers has a reputation beyond repute Sally Struthers has a reputation beyond repute Sally Struthers has a reputation beyond repute Sally Struthers has a reputation beyond repute Sally Struthers has a reputation beyond repute
Maybe she'll prove me wrong but I see Amelie going the Pam Shriver route and being slamless
Old Sep 28th, 2004, 05:06 PM   #15
country flag Helen Lawson

Helen Lawson has a reputation beyond repute Helen Lawson has a reputation beyond repute Helen Lawson has a reputation beyond repute Helen Lawson has a reputation beyond repute Helen Lawson has a reputation beyond repute Helen Lawson has a reputation beyond repute Helen Lawson has a reputation beyond repute Helen Lawson has a reputation beyond repute Helen Lawson has a reputation beyond repute Helen Lawson has a reputation beyond repute Helen Lawson has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sally Struthers
Maybe she'll prove me wrong but I see Amelie going the Pam Shriver route and being slamless
Sally!!! I know you have two Emmys, hon, so it's easy to call 'em as you see 'em, but have some charity for others, Sal, I mean you do campaign for charity each day.