Tennis Forum banner

** Forum Renaming - Vote is finished - Results + lots of BS in here! **

8K views 439 replies 34 participants last post by  Sweep 
#1 · (Edited)
Since Frank has temporarily forgotten how to post, ill do it :lol: :p

After much discussion regarding peoples like/dislike for the name of this forum, and with the help of Frank, here is the chance for everyone to vote on their prefered name, which may lead to us asking for the name be changed.
Please post your 3 top preferences in order of most prefered.
A 1st preference will get 3 votes, 2nd preference will get 2 and the 3rd will get 1 so think carefully before you vote ;)

The final choices as discussed in the "forum name elections" thread are as follows:

Supernova Sharapova - (stay as it is now)
Maria Sharapova - (return to the original)
Ave! Maria
Maria Full of Grace
The Queen of Hearts
The Siberian Tigress
Queen Maria
Shining Star Maria Sharapova
The Shark Tank
Siberian Siren
(or one of your choice)

We will close the vote next Monday the 4th October and add the votes up.

Please only post your 3 preferences here any discussion can go in the off topic thread or wherever else :D
No propaganda!!! :lol:

See less See more
#9 ·
1.(or one of your choice)<of my choice eh..in that case..the "i love andy mac" forum
2.Ave! Maria
3.(or one of your choice)<<<<<"andy is god" forum

#10 ·
Reactions: !!!--Duiz™--!!!
#13 ·
Dan23 said:
Since Frank has temporarily forgotten how to post, ill do it :lol: :p

After much discussion regarding peoples like/dislike for the name of this forum, and with the help of Frank, here is the chance for everyone to vote on their prefered name, which may lead to us asking for the name be changed.
Please post your 3 top preferences in order of most prefered.
A 1st preference will get 3 votes, 2nd preference will get 2 and the 3rd will get 1 so think carefully before you vote ;)

The final choices as discussed in the "forum name elections" thread are as follows:

Supernova Sharapova - (stay as it is now)
Maria Sharapova - (return to the original)
Ave! Maria
Maria Full of Grace
The Queen of Hearts
The Siberian Tigress
Queen Maria
Shining Star Maria Sharapova
The Shark Tank
Siberian Siren
(or one of your choice)

We will close the vote next Monday the 4th October and add the votes up.

Please only post your 3 preferences here any discussion can go in the off topic thread or wherever else :D
No propaganda!!! :lol:

You forgot one that I gave out... please restart this poll... I gave Supernova Shrieking Sharapova!

#14 ·
Siberian Siren
Supernova Sharapova
Queen of Hearts

#15 ·
cry duiz serious........shreiking one isnt that great man sorry...and it looks like the maria sharpova is winnin neways

#19 ·
Siberian Siren and Supernova Sharapova are the only two there I like at all.

#20 ·
lakan kildap said:
no more stupid than Supernova Shrieking Sharapova, IMO
NOt everybody is catholic in here... including a couple members tha I know from this forum... and they know I am talking about them since they are some of your friends.. (I won't say names)... Also it woudld be disrespectful since Maria is Orthodox and not Catholic... and she woldn't liek that....

To add more stuff... why are you replying if you are the one who gave the stupid idea of Super sexy sonething???

#22 ·
Dan23 said:
Ok fellas no discussions in here or we'll lose track of the voting...
feel free to vote for your own ideas but plz dont tell everyone else what they should or shouldnt vote...:D
my last post, just to clear matters up...

I'll behave Dan, as long as the 16 year old keeps it civil. the thing is, he keeps on shooting off with words like "stupid, idiotic, pathetic loser" etc. then once people react to it, he conveniently apologizes to those he offends by using as excuse this problem he has with his English. I don't think English, or spelling for that matter, is his problem. It's his brain and mouth, of which his typing fingers are an extension.

On the forum name issue, I think I made it clear in my posts that the name is NOT IMPORTANT to me, since I've bookmarked the site. All suggestions I gave were given in jest, and therefore shouldn't be taken seriously. If, as it turns out, you've taken them seriously and even included them in the poll, then I ask they be withdrawn. When Duiz here keeps on rubbing it with the Ave Maria thing, that just ticks me off.

I know Maria is not Catholic, I just don't know, and wouldn't assume, that she's Orthodox. If she's Orthodox, then so she is, it doesn't matter to me. But I know enough about Catholic-Orthodox history to know that the two don't really mix together. Like I said, all in jest, and offending her and her family is the last thing in my mind. At the same time, I'd like to remind Duiz that Maria does not want to talk about her vocal calisthenics on court, so "Shrieking" isn't exactly appropriate, either, is it?

And what's wrong with Ave Maria? Even though I don't know Spanish, I know it means Hail Mary. Do American broadcasters and writers offend the majority of non-Catholic Americans when they say a quarterback just threw a "Hail Mary pass", or a player just made a "Hail Mary shot"?

#23 ·
Dan has his Sensible hat on ^_^

Maybe we should make an "Argument" thread... nearly all these threads here have arguments!!! They can argue thier little bums off in there and not annoy others by flooding threads!!!

#25 ·
lakan kildap said:

I'll behave Dan, as long as the 16 year old keeps it civil. the thing is, he keeps on shooting off with words like "stupid, idiotic, pathetic loser" etc. then once people react to it, he conveniently apologizes to those he offends by using as excuse this problem he has with his English. I don't think English, or spelling for that matter, is his problem. It's his brain and mouth, of which his typing fingers are an extension.

On the forum name issue, I think I made it clear in my posts that the name is NOT IMPORTANT to me, since I've bookmarked the site. All suggestions I gave were given in jest, and therefore shouldn't be taken seriously. If, as it turns out, you've taken them seriously and even included them in the poll, then I ask they be withdrawn. When Duiz here keeps on rubbing it with the Ave Maria thing, that just ticks me off.

I know Maria is not Catholic, I just don't know, and wouldn't assume, that she's Orthodox. If she's Orthodox, then so she is, it doesn't matter to me. But I know enough about Catholic-Orthodox history to know that the two don't really mix together. Like I said, all in jest, and offending her and her family is the last thing in my mind. At the same time, I'd like to remind Duiz that Maria does not want to talk about her vocal calisthenics on court, so "Shrieking" isn't exactly appropriate, either, is it?

And what's wrong with Ave Maria? Even though I don't know Spanish, I know it means Hail Mary. Do American broadcasters and writers offend the majority of non-Catholic Americans when they say a quarterback just threw a "Hail Mary pass", or a player just made a "Hail Mary shot"?
Point taken :)

#26 · (Edited)
lakan kildap said:

How immature... It is so sad that you wrote all that for nothing practically.

First of all... we are not here to impose anyone's religion over another's religion. Therefore you have not the right, nor the privilege to impose your thoughts over other's people will and thoughts. What you may think is right for you, it could not be for another person. In my case I think is wrong to do so. It not only agaisnt my beliefs but agaisnt other people's belief. And even if I am not the minority (possibly here I am the minority), yet you have not the right to violate my rights and not any others right. Remember that you have the right ot believe what ever you want, and yo uhave the freedom to do whatever you want as long as it doesn't affect any other's beliefs and freedon to choose.

Also why do you call offensive telling the truth? Who are you to stop me from expressing what I want as long as it is appropiate? Again, this is about FREEDOM. I have the right and privilege to think and say whatever I want to say as long as it is appropiate.

Also let me teach you some psychology. And learn this for your whole life, and teach it to your offspring and the offspring of your offsprings. Let's give it a hypothetical case to use as analogy, let's say that you labelled me a "fat loser."

You can call me fat loser if you want to, because I right to do so. You can call me fat loser if you want to, but it is descion that you just made. You call me a fat loser, yet why should I care or give it such importance if it is not true? If it is not true and valid, then should it have any immature and childish effect on me? No because I am not fat and loser, adn those words are meaningless since they are not true. And if it is not true, therefore they should be meaningless to me in any way. But If you call me a fat loser, and it is true, should it have any immature childish effect on me? No! Because If I am really a fat loser, you are just teling me the truth. And the turth may hurt, but it is not your fault that I am fat loser, therefore I should not start syaing meaningless words onto you nor physically dammaging true because you are actually helping me. From this point, if you called me a fat loser and it is true, I have two decisions to make: One is live with it and accept that I am a fat loser, or change myself, and be who I want to be. And if I accept that I am a fat loser, then I should be grateful that you can recognize such patterns in me and that you care about me (whether negatively or possitively). And if I decide that I want to change, then I should be grateful that you helped me on my desicion to do so, and it also it proves that I am humble enough to be able to change who I am.

Therefore, if somebody calls you a "fat loser," or "senseless moron," or as I do call some people "pathetic losers," then don't get mad and you would already know what do by the steps given.

Getting back to the topic now, Andy knows that I am telling the truth annd ti was only a mistake. Remember that we are all humans, and that we have to debug all of our syntax and semmantics erros to become better in whichever way we want to. We are not perfect, and I think we all recognize that. I made a mistake, and I already asked for forgiveness sincerely for my mystake. If nobody wants to accept it, that is their own problem. As long as I am statisfied with my own self that I did the right thing (whichever it is depending on your beliefs), it is OK.

lakan kildap said:
Possibly it is not as important to you becaue you are not one of the ones who frequently visti it everyday. But I don't blame you. You have your full right to choose what ever you want ot do with your life as long as it doens't interfere with my own desicion. Also we have the right to decide whther we want to take or not to take your suggestion. And about what you call "the Ave Maria thing," you are in your full right to decide whether it is what you want ot do or not. Yet remember that you don't have the right to impose that name over my beliefs.

lakan kildap said:
Maria is Orthodox, and as so she deserves respect. Who ever gave that name should know a little bit more Maria before giving out an opinion. And that is actualy one of the facts for why I hate newbees, they get into debates in which they lack of an strong argument nad evidence to defend their point. But anyways... Neither we, nor anyone else has to follow Roman Catholic Church's beliefs and doctrines, and gospels. Also MAria deserves respect for her own belief.

About my proposition of "Supernova Shreiking Sharapova," let me tell yo some facts that if yo knew more about Maria you wouldn't be using them as arguements, since they contradict you and oppose your invalid arguement (in my point of view).

Maria totally accepted that she likes to be the loudest tennis player on the court. Let me quote some phrases from Maria and Craig Kilborn from the Late Show with Crraig Kilborn.

CRAIG KILBORN- "They actually said in an on Teen People Magazine, and they have a grunt-o-meter, and you are ahead of Monica Seles in the grunt-o-metter."

MARIA SHARAPOVA-"Whoo hoo hoo hoo hoooo!!!" (While she laughs and giggles out loudly, with a graceful and celebrating tone)

CRAIG KILBORN-"What, wha? Are you proud of that?"

MARIA SHARAPOVA-"Ohh yeah" (sarcastically and ia posistive and humouros tone) "that is like the best!"

She said it with such happiness nad then she began explaining how does it help her game in a really brief way, but she has proven many times that she is not ashamed of them, and instead it is considerer like a tribute to her to be
knowledged because of her vocal talent to replenish her need f oxygen in order ot maintain homeostasis.

In fact, Craig Kilborn at the conclusion of his interview, he list her supposedly real nicknames (except for masha for obvious reasons) like: Supernova Shreiking Sharapova, and Siberian Siren.

Is it clear now that is not is not disrespectful to call her like that?

lakan kildap said:
If people say Hail Mary Pass... they are in their own right to say it. Everybody here has freedom of speech and of voice as long as they express their beliefs and thought properly to all audience from the age of 13 and over. I am jsut going to remind you that the commentarist are giving an opnion, not imposing any of their beliefs or thoughts over ours, becasue if they were doing so, they would be not respecting our freedom to think. I cna call it with a differetn name if I wnat to and say it on the radio, but as long as I am not with an AK-47 in their back commanding them what to name the hypothetical tactic, the commentarists are OK.

I hope everything is clear to you, and I don't blame you if you don't want to take the challenge to go over all I said. But at least knowledge the important things that I want you to know and that I breifly explained at here....
  • Having to react so childish andd immaturely is completely unnecessary
  • Majority rule is rejected when the rights of the minority are being violated.
  • We all have Freedom to think, make desicion, and also to express as long as it is appropiate.
  • I make aknowledge that I posses many typing flaws since I am a human and that is my weakness. Remember that all humans are not perfect, yet they are being perfected thorugh an individual's life span.
  • Maria Sharapova is Orthodox and not Roman Catholic
  • Maria Sharapova likes the fact that she has proven to be the best at grunting which is a talent, since it aids to maintain homeostasis and to load more energy into the muscles. Also the power potential increases due to the grutns.
  • Comentarists can say anything they want, as long as they are not making us belief that we should believe what they say thorugh physical, emotional, psychological, financial, or even political damages
  • the possible label for this child forum ",Ave! Maria" is totally inaapropiatte for al of the reasons explained in my posts already given to you.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.