next lenas tournaments - Page 6 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jul 26th, 2005, 11:50 AM   #76
country flag forever_rafter

forever_rafter has a reputation beyond repute forever_rafter has a reputation beyond repute forever_rafter has a reputation beyond repute forever_rafter has a reputation beyond repute forever_rafter has a reputation beyond repute forever_rafter has a reputation beyond repute forever_rafter has a reputation beyond repute forever_rafter has a reputation beyond repute forever_rafter has a reputation beyond repute forever_rafter has a reputation beyond repute forever_rafter has a reputation beyond repute
Good luck Eleni, I believe it will be a great day for my athletes after the superb win of Polish womens volleyball team over Russia
forever_rafter is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jul 26th, 2005, 02:59 PM   #77
country flag RayRob
Team WTAworld

RayRob has much to be proud of RayRob has much to be proud of RayRob has much to be proud of RayRob has much to be proud of RayRob has much to be proud of RayRob has much to be proud of RayRob has much to be proud of RayRob has much to be proud of RayRob has much to be proud of RayRob has much to be proud of RayRob has much to be proud of
hopefully so, I saw the vollyball match and it was a tense one. I did have to leave my room and do something else for a while when Poland were 1-2 and down in the fourth as well.....glad your country and fave vollyball player won in the end , hopefully this will carry through to your fave tennis player

-Rache

Go Leni!
RayRob is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 27th, 2005, 12:27 AM   #78
country flag RayRob
Team WTAworld

RayRob has much to be proud of RayRob has much to be proud of RayRob has much to be proud of RayRob has much to be proud of RayRob has much to be proud of RayRob has much to be proud of RayRob has much to be proud of RayRob has much to be proud of RayRob has much to be proud of RayRob has much to be proud of RayRob has much to be proud of
GUTTED! Eleni lost in singles to Mirza 7-6 (4), 2-6, 6-3

I stayed up to watch the update in the OOP and Scores thread, it's now 1.25am and I'm off to bed if I can get sleep

It's a shame about the loss (pity she couldn't have either maintained the breaks she has in the first or took the tiebreak) but at least she still has doubles. Hopefully this won't dampen her spirits for the rest of the US season.

Come one Leni!
-Rache
Old Jul 27th, 2005, 08:06 AM   #79
country flag alibaby

alibaby has a brilliant future alibaby has a brilliant future alibaby has a brilliant future alibaby has a brilliant future alibaby has a brilliant future alibaby has a brilliant future alibaby has a brilliant future alibaby has a brilliant future alibaby has a brilliant future alibaby has a brilliant future alibaby has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by RayRob
GUTTED! Eleni lost in singles to Mirza 7-6 (4), 2-6, 6-3

I stayed up to watch the update in the OOP and Scores thread, it's now 1.25am and I'm off to bed if I can get sleep

It's a shame about the loss (pity she couldn't have either maintained the breaks she has in the first or took the tiebreak) but at least she still has doubles. Hopefully this won't dampen her spirits for the rest of the US season.

Come one Leni!
-Rache
no,i think,this will make her even stronger!!because to lose vs a player like sania,who is on such a phantastic roll at the moment,she should not be ashamed!!keep smiling,lenii it will all come good for you!
my lovely family:jelena jankovic ,sania mirza ,sveta kuznetsova ,lindsay davenport ,justine henin-hardenne ,ai sugiyama ,shuai peng ,marion bartoli ,roberta vinci ,alicia molik ,kim clijsters ,dani hantuchova ,eugi linetskaya ,anastasia myskina ,angela haynes ,elenii danilidou ,anna chakvetadze ,anna-lena groenefeld,anabel medina-garrigues health and success for all my girls!!
alibaby is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 27th, 2005, 12:13 PM   #80

forever_rafter has a reputation beyond repute forever_rafter has a reputation beyond repute forever_rafter has a reputation beyond repute forever_rafter has a reputation beyond repute forever_rafter has a reputation beyond repute forever_rafter has a reputation beyond repute forever_rafter has a reputation beyond repute forever_rafter has a reputation beyond repute forever_rafter has a reputation beyond repute forever_rafter has a reputation beyond repute forever_rafter has a reputation beyond repute
Let's not forget that Lena didn't play since Wimby so she need matches to get her confidence back. Too bad she didn't win but at least she lost after the fight. Better luck in doubles baby!
Old Jul 27th, 2005, 01:41 PM   #81
country flag alibaby

alibaby has a brilliant future alibaby has a brilliant future alibaby has a brilliant future alibaby has a brilliant future alibaby has a brilliant future alibaby has a brilliant future alibaby has a brilliant future alibaby has a brilliant future alibaby has a brilliant future alibaby has a brilliant future alibaby has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by forever_rafter
Let's not forget that Lena didn't play since Wimby so she need matches to get her confidence back. Too bad she didn't win but at least she lost after the fight. Better luck in doubles baby!
yeah,from me too!
my lovely family:jelena jankovic ,sania mirza ,sveta kuznetsova ,lindsay davenport ,justine henin-hardenne ,ai sugiyama ,shuai peng ,marion bartoli ,roberta vinci ,alicia molik ,kim clijsters ,dani hantuchova ,eugi linetskaya ,anastasia myskina ,angela haynes ,elenii danilidou ,anna chakvetadze ,anna-lena groenefeld,anabel medina-garrigues health and success for all my girls!!
Old Jul 27th, 2005, 03:27 PM   #82
country flag RayRob
Team WTAworld

Well, Eleni plays doubles today last on court 1 after Venus/Mirza match - imagine the scheduling dialemma had Leni got through to play Venus

I think it will be about 5am my time in the UK when Eleni/Jennifer match is due on court. I usually work 'til late so don't think I'll be able to manage getting up for it.....but we'll see. I'm thinking probably not. My commitment lacks but I will have worked hard at work to deserve my sleep

Hopefully there'll be some good news by the morning

Pame Eleni and Jennifer

-Rache
Old Jul 28th, 2005, 05:55 AM   #83
country flag alkmene

alkmene is just really nice alkmene is just really nice alkmene is just really nice alkmene is just really nice alkmene is just really nice alkmene is just really nice alkmene is just really nice alkmene is just really nice alkmene is just really nice alkmene is just really nice alkmene is just really nice
There are two really nice pics of Eleni in the wtatour.com site at the photogallery section.
Good to see her happy again!
alkmene is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 28th, 2005, 10:06 AM   #84

from www.wtatour.com

©Sony Ericsson WTA Tour
Palo Alto, California: Player party - Eleni Daniilidou answers questions about her home in Greece.

©Sony Ericsson WTA Tour
Palo Alto, California: Player party - Eleni Daniilidou poses with some invited guests.

Daniilidou/Russell (GRE/USA) d. McShea/Spears (AUS/USA) 6:4,3:6,6:3 Well done girls!
Old Jul 28th, 2005, 10:54 AM   #85
country flag RayRob
Team WTAworld

Well, I've just spent the last hour trying to find out what the score was and i could have just come straight here

I did find it eventually but I had to download a 30 day trial of WinWAP for Wimdows so I could see the Sony Ericsson scoreboard

The darn "official" BOTW Classic site doesn't have the match down as played at all! But Leni and jennifer play Kveta Peschke & Francesca Schiavone today at 1pm stanford time which is about 10pm CET. I will probably follow the results on my mobile if I can get it working as I'll be at work. If I finish early then I'll be watching in on my new software

Great to see pictures of her from Stanford

-Rache
Old Jul 28th, 2005, 01:08 PM   #86
country flag alibaby

good luck in doubles,leni-baby!!
Old Jul 28th, 2005, 11:38 PM   #87
country flag RayRob
Team WTAworld

Leni and Jen lost in doubles 6-3, 6-4. i think there were a few breaks of serve and just when you thought they were fighting back, Schiavone and Peschke came back in the match.

It was a bad day in tennis for me - first Lindsay DAvenport retired at 5-0 with an injury, then Leni and Jen lost in doubles

Hopefully better chances in next event....Eleni isn't on the player list for Acura, but spaces may come available as Paola Saurez is on the list, but she's been out injured, plus Lindsay might decide not to play if she is bad :cry: One consolation might be that Eleni gets to play that.

As a tier 1 event, there will be many chances for her to play some great players and hopefully beat them......but as yet, we don't know if she'll be playing there.

I'll have to keep an eye on that list.

-Rache
Old Jul 29th, 2005, 12:08 AM   #88
country flag RayRob
Team WTAworld

OK, found out that Serena and Maria who are on the commitment list for the Acura Classic have actually officially withdrawn, so that is definately 2 extra places available in the main draw.....Lindsay now might be questionable as could Saurez.

As much as I hate seeing top players withdraw from a tier 1 event (dementieva could yet be the top seed ), it could be a good chance for Eleni. Given her somewhat early exit in singles, she might want to try and take up one of the two - possibly four - extra spaces in the main draw.

Anyone think she might chose to do this? Or at least think it would be a good idea for her?

-Rache
Old Jul 29th, 2005, 02:44 PM   #89

I do hope Eleni will enter the tournament in San Diego
Old Jul 29th, 2005, 03:02 PM   #90
country flag alibaby

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayRob
OK, found out that Serena and Maria who are on the commitment list for the Acura Classic have actually officially withdrawn, so that is definately 2 extra places available in the main draw.....Lindsay now might be questionable as could Saurez.

As much as I hate seeing top players withdraw from a tier 1 event (dementieva could yet be the top seed ), it could be a good chance for Eleni. Given her somewhat early exit in singles, she might want to try and take up one of the two - possibly four - extra spaces in the main draw.

Anyone think she might chose to do this? Or at least think it would be a good idea for her?

-Rache
surely would be a good idea,the more points she can take up on the way,the better!and if some of the stronger ones withdraw,all the better for her!either way,i wish you all the best,leni-baby!!