next lenas tournaments - Page 5 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jul 18th, 2005, 11:53 AM   #61
country flag RayRob
Team WTAworld

RayRob has much to be proud of RayRob has much to be proud of RayRob has much to be proud of RayRob has much to be proud of RayRob has much to be proud of RayRob has much to be proud of RayRob has much to be proud of RayRob has much to be proud of RayRob has much to be proud of RayRob has much to be proud of RayRob has much to be proud of
Well, the draw for that should be out at the end of the week so hopefully there'll be some good news

Well, you get the J&SCup in Warsaw and I get the DFS classic in B'ham which I go every year....think I've seen Leni there almost every year in the last few and she always does so well on grass - if only she could have defeated Maria this year.....oh well

-Rache
RayRob is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jul 18th, 2005, 01:58 PM   #62
country flag forever_rafter

forever_rafter has a reputation beyond repute forever_rafter has a reputation beyond repute forever_rafter has a reputation beyond repute forever_rafter has a reputation beyond repute forever_rafter has a reputation beyond repute forever_rafter has a reputation beyond repute forever_rafter has a reputation beyond repute forever_rafter has a reputation beyond repute forever_rafter has a reputation beyond repute forever_rafter has a reputation beyond repute forever_rafter has a reputation beyond repute
This year in Warsaw she wasn't happy at all but I hope she'll come back next year stronger. And I believe we shall see Lena defeating Sharapova soon enough Anyway she's in USA so she should play some tournament in a few days
forever_rafter is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 19th, 2005, 11:01 AM   #63
country flag RayRob
Team WTAworld

RayRob has much to be proud of RayRob has much to be proud of RayRob has much to be proud of RayRob has much to be proud of RayRob has much to be proud of RayRob has much to be proud of RayRob has much to be proud of RayRob has much to be proud of RayRob has much to be proud of RayRob has much to be proud of RayRob has much to be proud of
Hey there

How do you know that Eleni is in USA right now? Have you heard some news somewhere?

-Rache
Old Jul 19th, 2005, 02:45 PM   #64

forever_rafter has a reputation beyond repute forever_rafter has a reputation beyond repute forever_rafter has a reputation beyond repute forever_rafter has a reputation beyond repute forever_rafter has a reputation beyond repute forever_rafter has a reputation beyond repute forever_rafter has a reputation beyond repute forever_rafter has a reputation beyond repute forever_rafter has a reputation beyond repute forever_rafter has a reputation beyond repute forever_rafter has a reputation beyond repute
I have my informers
Old Jul 19th, 2005, 04:18 PM   #65
country flag RayRob
Team WTAworld

Lol, so you're not going to share it with us

That's ok, no problem I'll just look forward to what will happen during the US hard courts! I have a feeling that Eleni will have a few suprises up her sleeve in the way of wins....hope she can do well - very much looking forward to it

-Rache
Old Jul 19th, 2005, 09:52 PM   #66

Me too!
Old Jul 23rd, 2005, 01:14 AM   #67
country flag guizzy

guizzy is a name known to all guizzy is a name known to all guizzy is a name known to all guizzy is a name known to all guizzy is a name known to all guizzy is a name known to all guizzy is a name known to all guizzy is a name known to all guizzy is a name known to all guizzy is a name known to all guizzy is a name known to all
Next Lena's tournament is Stanford and she is playing first round against a qualifier but second round against Venus. I think we should be more worried about the first round cause Lena seems to be playing much better with a great player on the other side of the cort. It's her chance for an other surprise. I am sure she can do it!!
Pame Lenara!!!
guizzy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 23rd, 2005, 11:08 AM   #68
country flag RayRob
Team WTAworld

Yeah, I just saw the draw today:

L. DAVENPORT
Bye

Qualifier
GROENEFELD Anna-Lena GER

RAYMOND Lisa USA
HAYNES Angela USA

SPREM Karolina CRO
DECHY Nathalie FRA

CLIJSTERS Kim BEL
Bye

SUGIYAMA Ai JPN
STOSUR Samantha AUS

STEVENSON Alexandra USA
HANTUCHOVA Daniela SVK

Qualifier
ZVONAREVA Vera RUS

SCHIAVONE Francesca ITA
Qualifier

PENG Shuai CHN
BENESOVA Iveta CZE

WASHINGTON Mashona USA
BARTOLI Marion FRA

Bye
SCHNYDER Patty SUI

JANKOVIC Jelena SCG
RUBIN Chanda USA

VENTO-KABCHI Maria VEN
FRAZIER Amy USA

DANIILIDOU Eleni GRE
Qualifier

Bye
V. WILLIAMS

A second round draw with Venus is a great opportunity for Eleni. As I said in an earlier post, I feel that if Eleni can grab a couple of big wins then it will be the boost she needs to get her back in the top 20! She has it is her, and as you say, she usually only plays her best when a top player is at the other side of the court. Hopefully she's learned a lot from Wimbledon, that in the form she's in and less an injury, she can beat almost anyone.

Looking forward to it - it might be on TV if she plays Venus, but I don't think coverage starts until the 1/4's maybe even semis in the UK.

-Rache
Old Jul 23rd, 2005, 12:00 PM   #69

Pame Eleni! I'm sure she can beat Venus, go girl!
Old Jul 23rd, 2005, 04:41 PM   #70
country flag RayRob
Team WTAworld

I just given the draw a closer look and it really is an opportunity draw for Eleni - other than Venus, there aren't really any big hitters, but even so the varied pace of shots that Eleni uses can really trouble these players. Players like jankovic and Schyder seem to relish playing against the "big hitters", but the way Eleni plays could be a real test for these top 20 players.

I don't think Leni could have asked for a better opportunity to begin her US hard court campaign...gutting thing is, Eurosport in the UK aren't showing this tournie except for some highlights of the final the day after the final.

I guess Eleni's first match might be either tuesday or wednesday, so may have to keep an eye on the live scoreboards

-Rache
Old Jul 24th, 2005, 06:20 PM   #71
country flag Bероника
creo en la diosa ♥ Sveta ♥

Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute
Best of luck in Stanford,Lena!!!
Old Jul 25th, 2005, 05:31 PM   #72
country flag RayRob
Team WTAworld

Doubles draw for Bank of the West classic:

Black/Stubbs [1]
Jankovic/Sprem

Talaja/Washington
Salerni/Vento-Kabchi

Raymond/Stosur [4]
Peschke/Schiavone

McShea/Spears
Daniilidou/Russell

Lee/Peng
Morariu/Schnyder

Benisova/Jidkova
Groenefeld/Shaughnessy [3]

Haynes/Perry
Qualifier

Hantuchova/Sugiyama
Likhovtseva/Zvonareva [4]

A fairly good doubles draw here too - again some opportunities to play and defeat competant doubles pairs; Raymond/Stosur, Black/Stubbs. It won't be easy but at least they're away from Hantuchova/Sugiyama who defeated Daniilidou/Russell in Birmingham final (unfortunately I witnessed that courtside ) - I left quickly.....but I would have missed my train if it had gone on much longer :S

Eleni is not schedualed for today (monday) so I'm pretty sure she'll be playing tomorrow....will check the website late tonight before I go bed to see if the OOP will be up.

Any comments from everyone about either of the draws?

-Rache
Old Jul 25th, 2005, 05:58 PM   #73

Both draws are difficult but we believe in our Lena, don't we? Pame girl!
Old Jul 26th, 2005, 01:44 AM   #74
country flag RayRob
Team WTAworld

Well, I stayed up for the order of play for tuesday and Eleni is 3rd on court 1 against Sania Mirza who qualified - not an easy match by any stretch of the imagination but we know Eleni can do it

Here's the full OOP for Tuesday 26 July:

Play begins at 11:00 AM

Shaughnessy vs Zvonareva
Schiavone vs Jidkova
Daniilidou vs Mirza
Peer vs Groenefeld

Not before 7:30pm:

Stevenson vs Hantuchova

I am estimating that Eleni's match will be around 3pm Stanford time, which is around 00:00CET sort of tuesday night/wednesday morning. I will probably stay up to watch the scores (which is about 11pm UK time) if I can find a live scoreboard somewhere....the official site doesn't have one!

Go Eleni!

-Rache
Old Jul 26th, 2005, 09:17 AM   #75
country flag alibaby

alibaby has a brilliant future alibaby has a brilliant future alibaby has a brilliant future alibaby has a brilliant future alibaby has a brilliant future alibaby has a brilliant future alibaby has a brilliant future alibaby has a brilliant future alibaby has a brilliant future alibaby has a brilliant future alibaby has a brilliant future
dani vs sania!wow,looks like a real thriller!! but difficult for me,as i like them both a lot..
my lovely family:jelena jankovic ,sania mirza ,sveta kuznetsova ,lindsay davenport ,justine henin-hardenne ,ai sugiyama ,shuai peng ,marion bartoli ,roberta vinci ,alicia molik ,kim clijsters ,dani hantuchova ,eugi linetskaya ,anastasia myskina ,angela haynes ,elenii danilidou ,anna chakvetadze ,anna-lena groenefeld,anabel medina-garrigues health and success for all my girls!!
alibaby is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote