next lenas tournaments - Page 11 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Aug 10th, 2005, 09:18 AM   #151
country flag alibaby

alibaby has a brilliant future alibaby has a brilliant future alibaby has a brilliant future alibaby has a brilliant future alibaby has a brilliant future alibaby has a brilliant future alibaby has a brilliant future alibaby has a brilliant future alibaby has a brilliant future alibaby has a brilliant future alibaby has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by RayRob
Well, I aren't going to both stay up for the doubles match because there is no reliable scoring system.....the WAP service isn't working this week - I have emailed Sony Ericsson to complain.....not sure if they'll respond although I was very nice in the email Told them how great the updates were for the last two weeks etc....softened them up a bit

Anyway, best wishes to Leni and Sveta.

-Rache

PS. I have a wisdom tooth coming through and it's been the most painful out of all of them....I think it's bleeding now. I don't have a dentist so do you think Eleni's dad might take a look at it for me It is very sore though I've resorted to eating a lot of rice because I don't have to chew that!
oh,wisdom tooth!thats not nice...had that experience already!but if its done,you will feel better!so,dont worry.but a good start for lenii-baby!! if she can do the same with sveta is another question,but its all possible. lenii
my lovely family:jelena jankovic ,sania mirza ,sveta kuznetsova ,lindsay davenport ,justine henin-hardenne ,ai sugiyama ,shuai peng ,marion bartoli ,roberta vinci ,alicia molik ,kim clijsters ,dani hantuchova ,eugi linetskaya ,anastasia myskina ,angela haynes ,elenii danilidou ,anna chakvetadze ,anna-lena groenefeld,anabel medina-garrigues health and success for all my girls!!
alibaby is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Aug 10th, 2005, 11:11 AM   #152
country flag RayRob
Team WTAworld

RayRob has much to be proud of RayRob has much to be proud of RayRob has much to be proud of RayRob has much to be proud of RayRob has much to be proud of RayRob has much to be proud of RayRob has much to be proud of RayRob has much to be proud of RayRob has much to be proud of RayRob has much to be proud of RayRob has much to be proud of
Well, I'm glad I went to bed because Leni/Sveta lost 6-2, 6-2 to the second seeds. It would have been big to beat the second seeds, but when you play against them with a partner you've never played with before (or not as much) then it's likely you won't do very well.

In a way I'm glad they lost because it means Eleni won't have to worry in the next round about meeting her doubles partner. There might have been the possibility of her thinking, "oh no, I have to play doubles with her tomorrow....if I beat her, she might be in a mood" Now she doen't have to worry about that and can play her heart out

C'mon leni....do some damage in singles
-Rache
RayRob is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 10th, 2005, 11:30 AM   #153
country flag alibaby

alibaby has a brilliant future alibaby has a brilliant future alibaby has a brilliant future alibaby has a brilliant future alibaby has a brilliant future alibaby has a brilliant future alibaby has a brilliant future alibaby has a brilliant future alibaby has a brilliant future alibaby has a brilliant future alibaby has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by RayRob
Well, I'm glad I went to bed because Leni/Sveta lost 6-2, 6-2 to the second seeds. It would have been big to beat the second seeds, but when you play against them with a partner you've never played with before (or not as much) then it's likely you won't do very well.

In a way I'm glad they lost because it means Eleni won't have to worry in the next round about meeting her doubles partner. There might have been the possibility of her thinking, "oh no, I have to play doubles with her tomorrow....if I beat her, she might be in a mood" Now she doen't have to worry about that and can play her heart out

C'mon leni....do some damage in singles
-Rache
yeah,there might be some truth in it..and i think,when she really "gets"over sveta,a big stone is out of her way!although for me,its not that easy,because im a big sveta-fan too!!but,as always,the main thing is a great match from both,and may the better win!!
my lovely family:jelena jankovic ,sania mirza ,sveta kuznetsova ,lindsay davenport ,justine henin-hardenne ,ai sugiyama ,shuai peng ,marion bartoli ,roberta vinci ,alicia molik ,kim clijsters ,dani hantuchova ,eugi linetskaya ,anastasia myskina ,angela haynes ,elenii danilidou ,anna chakvetadze ,anna-lena groenefeld,anabel medina-garrigues health and success for all my girls!!
alibaby is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 10th, 2005, 11:54 AM   #154
country flag forever_rafter

forever_rafter has a reputation beyond repute forever_rafter has a reputation beyond repute forever_rafter has a reputation beyond repute forever_rafter has a reputation beyond repute forever_rafter has a reputation beyond repute forever_rafter has a reputation beyond repute forever_rafter has a reputation beyond repute forever_rafter has a reputation beyond repute forever_rafter has a reputation beyond repute forever_rafter has a reputation beyond repute forever_rafter has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
I've resorted to eating a lot of rice because I don't have to chew that!
I love rice Don't like potatoes so I'm not your typical Polish I like pasta as well. Hope you will feel better soon
forever_rafter is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 10th, 2005, 03:12 PM   #155
country flag RayRob
Team WTAworld

RayRob has much to be proud of RayRob has much to be proud of RayRob has much to be proud of RayRob has much to be proud of RayRob has much to be proud of RayRob has much to be proud of RayRob has much to be proud of RayRob has much to be proud of RayRob has much to be proud of RayRob has much to be proud of RayRob has much to be proud of
I have found 3 pictures of Eleni from her first round match at the JP Morgan Chase Open. I've used an image hosting service for these images and sometimes people don't always see the images, you may need to refresh a couple of times to try and see them

Sorry that they are kinda small....it's the best i could get

-Rache
Old Aug 10th, 2005, 03:21 PM   #156
country flag RayRob
Team WTAworld

Thanks for your kind words Rafter....My tooth feels better today!

I just checked the OOP for today and Eleni has got to play her match today (or tomorrow morning for we europeans)! I hope she's ready She's last on Stadium Court against Sveta which will be about 4.30am UK time, around 5.30am CET, the match follows kims against Sprem.

not sure I can stay up that late, but i might just get up early to watch the scores if anyone on the board will be updating.....

Best wishes Eleni!
-Rache
Old Aug 10th, 2005, 04:58 PM   #157

forever_rafter has a reputation beyond repute forever_rafter has a reputation beyond repute forever_rafter has a reputation beyond repute forever_rafter has a reputation beyond repute forever_rafter has a reputation beyond repute forever_rafter has a reputation beyond repute forever_rafter has a reputation beyond repute forever_rafter has a reputation beyond repute forever_rafter has a reputation beyond repute forever_rafter has a reputation beyond repute forever_rafter has a reputation beyond repute
Thanks for the pics, better small than none :-) Lena's hair is getting longer, I hoped she would keep it shorter at least til the us open...
Old Aug 10th, 2005, 10:03 PM   #158
country flag RayRob
Team WTAworld

Quote:
Originally Posted by forever_rafter
Thanks for the pics, better small than none :-) Lena's hair is getting longer, I hoped she would keep it shorter at least til the us open...
Yeah, I must admit, when I saw her with it short at the DFS Classic I thought the shorter hair really suited her....maybe she just hasn't had chance for a trim

Oh, BTW, off topic I was at work tonight and I noticed that I was packing a box going to Warsaw in Poland....going to a shop called "Sonic" I persume it's a music shop since that's what we distribute!

I think I might set my alarm to wake me up for Eleni's match.....I'll just see what the scoring thread is like first - maybe it's televised in the USA tonight?!

-Rache
Old Aug 11th, 2005, 05:14 AM   #159
country flag guizzy

guizzy is a name known to all guizzy is a name known to all guizzy is a name known to all guizzy is a name known to all guizzy is a name known to all guizzy is a name known to all guizzy is a name known to all guizzy is a name known to all guizzy is a name known to all guizzy is a name known to all guizzy is a name known to all
I'm tooooooooo exited. I woke up very very early to watch the score board for Eleni's match against Kuznetsova and suddenly after about an hour and a half I realized that Eleni had WON. How is she doing that with the top players? Maybe she should only play against top players. Bravo Lenara!!!! It's a nice time for a come back.
I don't think I can sleep again after all this exitment.
guizzy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 11th, 2005, 07:39 AM   #160

Hehe, I woke up an hour ago and what a nice way to start a day Here is a pics from www.wtatour.com

Old Aug 11th, 2005, 07:48 AM   #161
country flag RayRob
Team WTAworld

WELL DONE LENI!

I knew she would do it!

I couldn't wake back up all that early this morning, I finished work at 11pm but couldn't get sleep early enough to be able to wake up at 4.30am to see the scores.

Anyway, I just went straight to wtatour.com and still being half asleep it took the headline, "Kuznetsova Out in LA" a while to register that it was Eleni who played her....it became clear to me suddenly when my eyes adjusted to focus on the picture of Eleni

This is the picture at WTAtour.com:

This is the only part of the article about the match on WTAtour.com:

"Daniilidou Upsets Kuznetsova

LOS ANGELES - No.2 seed Svetlana Kuznetsova was eliminated in her first match of the week in Los Angeles on Wednesday, falling to Eleni Daniilidou in second round action at the JPMorgan Chase Open presented by Herbalife.
The No.4-ranked Russian player wasn't able to get her game going during the evening session on Wednesday night, falling to Daniilidou in straight sets, 64 64.

"I need to start practicing more and work on getting my brain together," Kuznetsova said. "I just need to get everything better. Work on getting the ball in.

"I hate losing, so I will have to work much more and practice much more."

From ESPN:

"
CARSON, Calif. -- U.S. Open champion and second-seeded Svetlana Kuznetsova was upset Wednesday night in the second round of the JPMorgan Chase Open, which earlier lost No. 6 seed Mary Pierce to injury.

Kuznetsova of Russia fell to Eleni Daniilidou of Greece, 6-4, 6-4.

"If I keep playing like this, I can go home because I'm not going to win a match," Kuznetsova said afterward. "I can't get everything together."
Did Sveta really play that badly Either way, I don't care I win's a win and Eleni had to play it and win it....she was ready and made the shots that counted. So, Leni still in and doing well, Sveta out!

I'm going to see if there are any articles with some words from Eleni and also find some pictures

-Rache
Old Aug 11th, 2005, 07:55 AM   #162

There is a fan's report in "General messages". And here are pics from sportsline.com

http://images.sportsline.com/u/ap/photos/CACC119081101_1024x768.jpg
http://images.sportsline.com/u/ap/photos/CACC116081100_1024x768.jpg
http://images.sportsline.com/u/ap/photos/CACC115081100_1024x768.jpg
Old Aug 11th, 2005, 08:04 AM   #163
country flag RayRob
Team WTAworld

Although i can't find any articles that give a few words by Eleni, I did find this which I was very pleased to read:

"Kuzentsova suffers Greek tragedy

By Matthew Cronin

LOS ANGELES, Aug 10 (Reuters) - Russia's Svetlana Kuznetsova continued her poor run of form in the build up to the defence of her U.S. Open title, falling 6-4 6-4 to Greece's Eleni Daniilidou in the second round of JP Morgan Chase Open on Wednesday.

While the second seed remained mired in worrying slump, her compatriots prospered, with number three Elena Dementieva easing past Australia's Samantha Stosur 6-4 6-3 and fourth seed Nadia Petrova crushing American wild card Jill Craybas 6-3 6-1.

Further down the Russian pecking order, 12th seed Dinara Safina overcame Japanese qualifier Rika Fujiwara 6-2 7-5, while 16th seed Anna Chakvetadze outlasted Iveta Benesova 7-5 4-6 6-4.

Losing her opening match for the second consecutive week, Kuznetsova looked well short of the confidence that carried her to glory in New York.

The 22-year-old Daniilidou served well during the entire contest and matched Kuznetsova stroke-for-stroke in the rallies, securing victory with a booming ace down the middle.

"It's horrible," said Kuznetsova, who has not won a title in more than 10 months.

"I can't find my game. I don't have confidence and everything comes from the head. If I keep playing like this, I might as well go home."

Maybe she has been working on her serve?! To finish with an Ace against a great returner is fantastic and I don't care how bad the articles say Sveta's game was.....there's nothing you can do about great serving!

Well done Eleni - we're really proud of you

-Rache
Old Aug 11th, 2005, 08:06 AM   #164

We are It's fantastic to read that her serve was actually working well
Old Aug 11th, 2005, 08:09 AM   #165
country flag RayRob
Team WTAworld

This is a great article....some quotes from Eleni (from her first round match) but gives an insight as to her goals etc.

http://www.dailybreeze.com/sports/articles/1665276.html

-Rache