The Fugees reunite - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Sep 21st, 2004, 04:24 AM   #1
country flag Infiniti2001
Veelieve!!!

Infiniti2001 has disabled reputation
The Fugees reunite

The Fugees Reunite
By Chuck ‘Jigsaw’ Creekmur, BET.com Staff Writer

Posted September 20, 2004-- After an eight-year sabbatical, The Fugees have reunited.

The 90’s group, comprised of Pras, Wyclef Jean and Lauryn Hill, formally announced their reassembly at the Dave Chappelle Block Party in Brooklyn on Saturday in front of hundreds in attendance.

Advertisement

The group’s third album will come out in about a year according to reports.

During the Chappelle performance, the group performed solo selections, including Hill's “Lost Ones,” which is directed at Wyclef. The pair played off of the past friction with Hill even getting in Wyclef’s face playfully. Last year, Clef and Pras also engaged in a temporary rap beef with both sides lyrically taking nasty shots at each other.

Clef said that the group has mended old wounds.

“All the Fugees are talking. We're all definitely talking. The energy is definitely good energy,” he said. "I spoke to Lauryn. I spoke to Pras. And [its] just real good energy, good vibes."

While the group hasn’t been together in nearly a decade, they have remained in the limelight in some form or another, whether it was solo efforts, movies or personal issues in the public eye.

Clef said that the group’s model has been used by others, less successful acts and it was time for them to return.

"It's important for the Fugees to come back and just show them what the next chapter is because there's a whole other chapter that they didn't touch yet," he continued.

With their organic approach to Hip-Hop, The Fugees sold 17 million of The Score, their second album, and won numerous accolades including a Grammy.

Comic Dave Chappelle organized the block party with his own money, a reported $3 million. In addition to a full day of fun and performances, the event will also become a DVD.

As previously reported, the show was highlighted by performances from Kanye West, Mos Def, Lauryn Hill, Common, Talib Kweli, Erykah Badu, Jill Scott, Dead Prez and The Roots. But, like the Fugees, many were surprised when The Roots brought Kool G Rap and Big Daddy Kane on stage and when Dead Prez brought Fred Hampton, Jr. on stage, son of the revolutionary Black Panther.

Additionally, many rapper and singers performed along with each other as did Common and former fiancé Erykah Badu.

The day-long affair was by-design meant to resemble the legendary Wattstax concert of 1972, where artists like Isaac Hayes, the Dramatics, The Staple Singers and Rufus Thomas performed together. At that time, comic genius Richard Pryor hosted.

http://www.bet.com/Music/MusicNews/T...345FB0402F6%7D
Infiniti2001 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Sep 21st, 2004, 04:44 AM   #2
country flag harloo

harloo has a reputation beyond repute harloo has a reputation beyond repute harloo has a reputation beyond repute harloo has a reputation beyond repute harloo has a reputation beyond repute harloo has a reputation beyond repute harloo has a reputation beyond repute harloo has a reputation beyond repute harloo has a reputation beyond repute harloo has a reputation beyond repute harloo has a reputation beyond repute
Good news!! I cannot wait to hear them together again. I just hope Lauryn doesn't go off the deep end again, because her last album 2.0 was so deep I could barely understand her.

harloo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 21st, 2004, 04:51 AM   #3
country flag skanky~skanketta

skanky~skanketta has a reputation beyond repute skanky~skanketta has a reputation beyond repute skanky~skanketta has a reputation beyond repute skanky~skanketta has a reputation beyond repute skanky~skanketta has a reputation beyond repute skanky~skanketta has a reputation beyond repute skanky~skanketta has a reputation beyond repute skanky~skanketta has a reputation beyond repute skanky~skanketta has a reputation beyond repute skanky~skanketta has a reputation beyond repute skanky~skanketta has a reputation beyond repute
well, i dont really care. i only liked like 2 songs from them anywayz.
Old Sep 21st, 2004, 05:00 AM   #4
country flag Knizzle

Knizzle has a reputation beyond repute Knizzle has a reputation beyond repute Knizzle has a reputation beyond repute Knizzle has a reputation beyond repute Knizzle has a reputation beyond repute Knizzle has a reputation beyond repute Knizzle has a reputation beyond repute Knizzle has a reputation beyond repute Knizzle has a reputation beyond repute Knizzle has a reputation beyond repute Knizzle has a reputation beyond repute
WOW, I never thought this would happen.
Knizzle is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 21st, 2004, 05:05 AM   #5
country flag selking

selking has a reputation beyond repute selking has a reputation beyond repute selking has a reputation beyond repute selking has a reputation beyond repute selking has a reputation beyond repute selking has a reputation beyond repute selking has a reputation beyond repute selking has a reputation beyond repute selking has a reputation beyond repute selking has a reputation beyond repute selking has a reputation beyond repute
i love lauryn

selking is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 21st, 2004, 12:09 PM   #6
country flag Julia_08

Julia_08 has a spectacular aura about Julia_08 has a spectacular aura about Julia_08 has a spectacular aura about Julia_08 has a spectacular aura about Julia_08 has a spectacular aura about Julia_08 has a spectacular aura about Julia_08 has a spectacular aura about Julia_08 has a spectacular aura about Julia_08 has a spectacular aura about Julia_08 has a spectacular aura about Julia_08 has a spectacular aura about
that's one of the best NEWS ever
FUGUEES FUCKING ROCK! sorry for the swearing
Old Sep 21st, 2004, 12:41 PM   #7
country flag Dirty Sanchez

Dirty Sanchez is a splendid one to behold Dirty Sanchez is a splendid one to behold Dirty Sanchez is a splendid one to behold Dirty Sanchez is a splendid one to behold Dirty Sanchez is a splendid one to behold Dirty Sanchez is a splendid one to behold Dirty Sanchez is a splendid one to behold Dirty Sanchez is a splendid one to behold Dirty Sanchez is a splendid one to behold Dirty Sanchez is a splendid one to behold Dirty Sanchez is a splendid one to behold
Nice one!!! Fugees rocked, it'll be great to hear them together again!!

JELENA JANKOVIC TATIANA GOLOVIN

ANA IVANOVIC FLAVIA PENNETTA

NICOLE VAIDISOVA MARIA SHARAPOVA
Dirty Sanchez is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 21st, 2004, 01:38 PM   #8
country flag UDiTY

UDiTY has much to be proud of UDiTY has much to be proud of UDiTY has much to be proud of UDiTY has much to be proud of UDiTY has much to be proud of UDiTY has much to be proud of UDiTY has much to be proud of UDiTY has much to be proud of UDiTY has much to be proud of UDiTY has much to be proud of UDiTY has much to be proud of
Awesome news

The Fugees are great, but any creative energy by Lauryn I can buy is just spectacular.

UDiTY is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 21st, 2004, 02:11 PM   #9
country flag esquímaux
Team WTAworld

esquímaux has a reputation beyond repute esquímaux has a reputation beyond repute esquímaux has a reputation beyond repute esquímaux has a reputation beyond repute esquímaux has a reputation beyond repute esquímaux has a reputation beyond repute esquímaux has a reputation beyond repute esquímaux has a reputation beyond repute esquímaux has a reputation beyond repute esquímaux has a reputation beyond repute esquímaux has a reputation beyond repute
Lauryn
"恐れてはいけない. 私は最初であり, 最後である"
esquímaux is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 21st, 2004, 03:11 PM   #10
country flag jrm

jrm has a reputation beyond repute jrm has a reputation beyond repute jrm has a reputation beyond repute jrm has a reputation beyond repute jrm has a reputation beyond repute jrm has a reputation beyond repute jrm has a reputation beyond repute jrm has a reputation beyond repute jrm has a reputation beyond repute jrm has a reputation beyond repute jrm has a reputation beyond repute
Current crushes: Johannes STRATE Tom BATEMAN Éric BRUNEAU
Simply the best: Ole Einar BJØRNDALEN and JANNE AHONEN
jrm is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote