Try out my ranking charts! - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Sep 15th, 2004, 06:01 PM   #1
country flag GoDominique

GoDominique has a reputation beyond repute GoDominique has a reputation beyond repute GoDominique has a reputation beyond repute GoDominique has a reputation beyond repute GoDominique has a reputation beyond repute GoDominique has a reputation beyond repute GoDominique has a reputation beyond repute GoDominique has a reputation beyond repute GoDominique has a reputation beyond repute GoDominique has a reputation beyond repute GoDominique has a reputation beyond repute
Try out my ranking charts!

I have made an Excel chart where you can try out changing the current ranking system by
a) changing the tournament values and
b) changing the round values (for winning, reaching the final, semifinal etc.).

Here it is: http://www.geocities.com/godominique2/Ranking.xls

I hope you can read it properly.
It looks quite complicated but I will give you an instruction.

It's based on the current rankings (Sep. 13th). I have only done the top 12 and it remains a 52-week system counting the best 17 results (I could make other versions with best 16, 15 etc. later).

The parts of the chart that you can edit are in colour, the new points totals (after your changes) are in bold. You can ignore everything else.

On the top left you see the current top 12. "without QP" means without quality points.

In the middle of the top half you can see the points values for the different tiers (GS=Grand Slam, CH=Championships,OG=Olympic Games). Right now it's set like the current WTA ranking system.
Now edit the red numbers if you want to change the values.
Example: Championship points are currently worth 74,6% of GS points. If you think that this is too much, change the number to 70/65/60 or whatever you like.
If you only want to increase GS points, you can just change "100" to "150" or even more. It's up to you.
You only need to change the green number if you think that 650 is an ugly number and you would rather have 1000 instead.

Now the chart below. Here you can change the round values.
The line "% (current system)" shows the current WTA values.
It means that the finalist gets about 70% of the winner's points, the semifinalist about 45% etc.
Now edit the blue numbers if you want to change these values.
Right now they are set on a constant multiplier, expressed by the pink number.
Explanation: The current multiplier is 0,6. That means that finalist points are worth 60% of winner's points, semifinalist points are worth 60% of finalist points and so on.
Change the multiplier to 0,5 and you will have 50% instead. 0,4 = 40% and so on. In this case the blue numbers change automatically.
If you don't want the constant multiplier, ignore it and change the blue numbers as you like.

On the right, "total" displays the points according to 'your' system. And in the column "total (with QP)" the quality points are re-added.

Have fun!

------------------------------------

EDIT: I have added two more files.
The first one only counts the best 14 results of each player, the second one only the best 12 results.
Everything else is the same.

www.geocities.com/godominique2/ranking14.xls
www.geocities.com/godominique2/ranking12.xls

Last edited by GoDominique : Sep 16th, 2004 at 12:17 AM.
GoDominique is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Sep 15th, 2004, 06:18 PM   #2
country flag ¤CharlDa¤
Team WTAworld

¤CharlDa¤ has a reputation beyond repute ¤CharlDa¤ has a reputation beyond repute ¤CharlDa¤ has a reputation beyond repute ¤CharlDa¤ has a reputation beyond repute ¤CharlDa¤ has a reputation beyond repute ¤CharlDa¤ has a reputation beyond repute ¤CharlDa¤ has a reputation beyond repute ¤CharlDa¤ has a reputation beyond repute ¤CharlDa¤ has a reputation beyond repute ¤CharlDa¤ has a reputation beyond repute ¤CharlDa¤ has a reputation beyond repute
OMg i love it

We see there that the more the constant multipler is big, the higher Vera Z should be ranked, but when you put it at 0,5, she is far from the others!
Old Sep 15th, 2004, 06:48 PM   #3
country flag GoDominique

GoDominique has a reputation beyond repute GoDominique has a reputation beyond repute GoDominique has a reputation beyond repute GoDominique has a reputation beyond repute GoDominique has a reputation beyond repute GoDominique has a reputation beyond repute GoDominique has a reputation beyond repute GoDominique has a reputation beyond repute GoDominique has a reputation beyond repute GoDominique has a reputation beyond repute GoDominique has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdpoulin1
OMg i love it

We see there that the more the constant multipler is big, the higher Vera Z should be ranked, but when you put it at 0,5, she is far from the others!
Yeah, that's because she only has one win (tier III) and one final (tier III), but tons of SF's and QF's.
Old Sep 15th, 2004, 07:20 PM   #4
the cat

the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute
Take it to Larry Scott and the WTA Tour!
Happiness is like a cat. If you try to coax it or call it, it will avoid you. It will never come. But if you pay no attention to it and go about your business, you'll find it rubbing up against your legs and jumping into your lap. - William Bennett

http://cornedbeefhash.files.wordpres...arcelona08.jpg
the cat is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 15th, 2004, 08:52 PM   #5
country flag KoOlMaNsEaN
Team WTAworld

KoOlMaNsEaN has a reputation beyond repute KoOlMaNsEaN has a reputation beyond repute KoOlMaNsEaN has a reputation beyond repute KoOlMaNsEaN has a reputation beyond repute KoOlMaNsEaN has a reputation beyond repute KoOlMaNsEaN has a reputation beyond repute KoOlMaNsEaN has a reputation beyond repute KoOlMaNsEaN has a reputation beyond repute KoOlMaNsEaN has a reputation beyond repute KoOlMaNsEaN has a reputation beyond repute KoOlMaNsEaN has a reputation beyond repute
darn i need excel

Ana Ivanovic, Sabine Lisicki, Serena Williams, Eugenie Bouchard

Official Psychologist of Don't Knock the Dok!
KoOlMaNsEaN is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 15th, 2004, 08:54 PM   #6
country flag selesfan87

selesfan87 is just really nice selesfan87 is just really nice selesfan87 is just really nice selesfan87 is just really nice selesfan87 is just really nice selesfan87 is just really nice selesfan87 is just really nice selesfan87 is just really nice selesfan87 is just really nice selesfan87 is just really nice selesfan87 is just really nice
darn i don't understand excel.
selesfan87 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 16th, 2004, 12:16 AM   #7
country flag GoDominique

Two more files added - for those who think 17 tournaments are too much.

See first post.