Serena, Venus, Anna to play in Lexington - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Sep 15th, 2004, 12:12 PM   #1
country flag Paneru

Paneru has a reputation beyond repute Paneru has a reputation beyond repute Paneru has a reputation beyond repute Paneru has a reputation beyond repute Paneru has a reputation beyond repute Paneru has a reputation beyond repute Paneru has a reputation beyond repute Paneru has a reputation beyond repute Paneru has a reputation beyond repute Paneru has a reputation beyond repute Paneru has a reputation beyond repute
Serena, Venus, Anna to play in Lexington

Serena, Venus, Anna to play in Lexington

SPECIAL TO THE HERALD-LEADER

Venus Williams and Serena Williams, along with Anna Kournikova, will compete in the Lexus Tennis Challenge Nov. 21 at Rupp Arena, which benefits the OWL Foundation and the Tubby Smith Foundation.

The OWL Foundation, which was started by Oracene Price, mother of Venus and Serena Williams, funds programs to address the learning needs of academically at-risk youth.

"We are thrilled to be coming to Kentucky to work with the Tubby Smith Foundation," Venus Williams said. "We understand that Coach Smith's Foundation supports the same goals as the OWL Foundation."

"I have been a tremendous fan of the Williams sisters since they burst onto the tennis scene, so this is a terrific opportunity to be involved with their charity here in the Lexington community," Smith said.

The event format will feature Venus Williams against Kournikova in singles, followed by a doubles match with Serena Williams and an additional WTA Tour player, to be named later.

Tickets go on sale at 10 a.m. Monday and are priced from $20 to $75 and can be purchased at all Ticketmaster locations or at the Rupp Arena box office.
Paneru is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Sep 15th, 2004, 12:16 PM   #2
pigam

pigam has a reputation beyond repute pigam has a reputation beyond repute pigam has a reputation beyond repute pigam has a reputation beyond repute pigam has a reputation beyond repute pigam has a reputation beyond repute pigam has a reputation beyond repute pigam has a reputation beyond repute pigam has a reputation beyond repute pigam has a reputation beyond repute pigam has a reputation beyond repute
Nice!
Kinda curious who the additional WTAplayer will be
She will probably be an American, no?

Justine: feb. 5, 2007:

"I hung on to tennis. I have done so for the past 20 years. It is something that is in me, it is me."
pigam is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 15th, 2004, 12:19 PM   #3
country flag xr6turbo
Veelieve.

xr6turbo has a reputation beyond repute xr6turbo has a reputation beyond repute xr6turbo has a reputation beyond repute xr6turbo has a reputation beyond repute xr6turbo has a reputation beyond repute xr6turbo has a reputation beyond repute xr6turbo has a reputation beyond repute xr6turbo has a reputation beyond repute xr6turbo has a reputation beyond repute xr6turbo has a reputation beyond repute xr6turbo has a reputation beyond repute
Go Ladies!!

I wondered whether they were going to do anything for OWL this year because they didn't do the usual exo earlier in the year...

"I want to do things on my own terms, I can't have anything take me out.
I have never given up and it's important for me to prove to myself that I can do this, and to prove to me that i'm a champion.
If I were just to sit down, lay down and give in, then I wouldn't have any respect for myself."
VW
xr6turbo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 15th, 2004, 12:33 PM   #4
country flag TimBo

TimBo has much to be proud of TimBo has much to be proud of TimBo has much to be proud of TimBo has much to be proud of TimBo has much to be proud of TimBo has much to be proud of TimBo has much to be proud of TimBo has much to be proud of TimBo has much to be proud of TimBo has much to be proud of TimBo has much to be proud of
that's my town.... so Im going. Im really excited
Old Sep 15th, 2004, 12:59 PM   #5
country flag SJW

SJW has a reputation beyond repute SJW has a reputation beyond repute SJW has a reputation beyond repute SJW has a reputation beyond repute SJW has a reputation beyond repute SJW has a reputation beyond repute SJW has a reputation beyond repute SJW has a reputation beyond repute SJW has a reputation beyond repute SJW has a reputation beyond repute SJW has a reputation beyond repute
yayyyy....Venus Serena and Anna on one court!!

cant wait to see who the next person will be
SJW is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 15th, 2004, 01:06 PM   #6
pigam

pigam has a reputation beyond repute pigam has a reputation beyond repute pigam has a reputation beyond repute pigam has a reputation beyond repute pigam has a reputation beyond repute pigam has a reputation beyond repute pigam has a reputation beyond repute pigam has a reputation beyond repute pigam has a reputation beyond repute pigam has a reputation beyond repute pigam has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by SJW
cant wait to see who the next person will be
some of us are thinking Alex

Justine: feb. 5, 2007:

"I hung on to tennis. I have done so for the past 20 years. It is something that is in me, it is me."
pigam is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 15th, 2004, 01:44 PM   #7
country flag Infiniti2001
Veelieve!!!

Infiniti2001 has disabled reputation
Way kool!! This is a fun event for a good cause, so if it's in your town please go show your support . I had such a blast when Vee, Serena, Monica, Jana Novotna and Brenda Schulz Mc Cathy, Nick Bollateri and Oracene came to South West Florida in 2002
Infiniti2001 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 15th, 2004, 01:49 PM   #8
country flag VSFan1 aka Joshua L.
Keeper of Venus & Serena

VSFan1 aka Joshua L. has a reputation beyond repute VSFan1 aka Joshua L. has a reputation beyond repute VSFan1 aka Joshua L. has a reputation beyond repute VSFan1 aka Joshua L. has a reputation beyond repute VSFan1 aka Joshua L. has a reputation beyond repute VSFan1 aka Joshua L. has a reputation beyond repute VSFan1 aka Joshua L. has a reputation beyond repute VSFan1 aka Joshua L. has a reputation beyond repute VSFan1 aka Joshua L. has a reputation beyond repute VSFan1 aka Joshua L. has a reputation beyond repute VSFan1 aka Joshua L. has a reputation beyond repute
Awesome

Loves of my life....
Venus Ebone Starr Williams
Serena Jamica Williams
a lifelong and devoted fan since 1996

Official Life Coach of the Royal Court
VSFan1 aka Joshua L. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 15th, 2004, 02:15 PM   #9
country flag ~Cherry*Blossom~

~Cherry*Blossom~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Cherry*Blossom~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Cherry*Blossom~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Cherry*Blossom~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Cherry*Blossom~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Cherry*Blossom~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Cherry*Blossom~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Cherry*Blossom~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Cherry*Blossom~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Cherry*Blossom~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Cherry*Blossom~ has a reputation beyond repute
If they really want publicity make Sharapova Kournikova's doubles partner!!!
~Cherry*Blossom~ is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 15th, 2004, 02:35 PM   #10
country flag boggs570
Banned

boggs570 will become famous soon enough boggs570 will become famous soon enough boggs570 will become famous soon enough boggs570 will become famous soon enough boggs570 will become famous soon enough boggs570 will become famous soon enough boggs570 will become famous soon enough boggs570 will become famous soon enough boggs570 will become famous soon enough boggs570 will become famous soon enough boggs570 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by honey_b_fly_15
If they really want publicity make Sharapova Kournikova's doubles partner!!!
Please they don't need her they have the best two tennis players and Anna that is all they need.
boggs570 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 15th, 2004, 02:40 PM   #11
country flag ~Cherry*Blossom~

~Cherry*Blossom~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Cherry*Blossom~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Cherry*Blossom~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Cherry*Blossom~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Cherry*Blossom~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Cherry*Blossom~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Cherry*Blossom~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Cherry*Blossom~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Cherry*Blossom~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Cherry*Blossom~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Cherry*Blossom~ has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by boggs570
Please they don't need her they have the best two tennis players and Anna that is all they need.
Ok then, how about Venus and Martina Hingis as partners against Anna and Serena!
~Cherry*Blossom~ is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 15th, 2004, 04:21 PM   #12
country flag ALPHA

ALPHA is a glorious beacon of light ALPHA is a glorious beacon of light ALPHA is a glorious beacon of light ALPHA is a glorious beacon of light ALPHA is a glorious beacon of light ALPHA is a glorious beacon of light ALPHA is a glorious beacon of light ALPHA is a glorious beacon of light ALPHA is a glorious beacon of light ALPHA is a glorious beacon of light ALPHA is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Ok then, how about Venus and Martina Hingis as partners against Anna and Serena!
right person, wrong team-combos ... make it Williams/Williams vs ...

... Spice Girls !!

in memoriam Roland Garros doubles final 1999
Old Sep 15th, 2004, 05:20 PM   #13
country flag Venus Forever
Team WTAworld

Venus Forever has much to be proud of Venus Forever has much to be proud of Venus Forever has much to be proud of Venus Forever has much to be proud of Venus Forever has much to be proud of Venus Forever has much to be proud of Venus Forever has much to be proud of Venus Forever has much to be proud of Venus Forever has much to be proud of Venus Forever has much to be proud of Venus Forever has much to be proud of
Quote:
I would love that combo.

The glamour girls vs. the rivals.

Good Luck: RENA, MATTEK, HAYNES, GULLICKSON, HARKLEROAD, RUBIN, GRANVILLE, LEE-WATERS, SCHNYDER, JACKSON, PERRY, KING, SUGIYAMA, PIERCE, TULYAGANOVA, IVANOVIC, KUZNETSOVA, MOLIK, DANIILIDOU, MEDINA GARRIGUES, PETROVA, PENNETTA, GOLOVIN, PEER, LI, SCHIAVONE, RAZZANO, ZVONAREVA, SPREM, SREBOTNIK, VINCI, & SAFINA
Venus Forever is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 15th, 2004, 06:02 PM   #14
country flag Knizzle

Knizzle has a reputation beyond repute Knizzle has a reputation beyond repute Knizzle has a reputation beyond repute Knizzle has a reputation beyond repute Knizzle has a reputation beyond repute Knizzle has a reputation beyond repute Knizzle has a reputation beyond repute Knizzle has a reputation beyond repute Knizzle has a reputation beyond repute Knizzle has a reputation beyond repute Knizzle has a reputation beyond repute
Venus vs. Anna

Knizzle is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 15th, 2004, 06:06 PM   #15
country flag Rocketta
Kart & I against the WtaWorld!

Rocketta has a reputation beyond repute Rocketta has a reputation beyond repute Rocketta has a reputation beyond repute Rocketta has a reputation beyond repute Rocketta has a reputation beyond repute Rocketta has a reputation beyond repute Rocketta has a reputation beyond repute Rocketta has a reputation beyond repute Rocketta has a reputation beyond repute Rocketta has a reputation beyond repute Rocketta has a reputation beyond repute

I wish I could go...
Rocketta is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote