Baby dropped out of car during police chase - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Sep 14th, 2004, 10:08 PM   #1
country flag Tammy
Team WTAworld

Tammy is a glorious beacon of light Tammy is a glorious beacon of light Tammy is a glorious beacon of light Tammy is a glorious beacon of light Tammy is a glorious beacon of light Tammy is a glorious beacon of light Tammy is a glorious beacon of light Tammy is a glorious beacon of light Tammy is a glorious beacon of light Tammy is a glorious beacon of light Tammy is a glorious beacon of light
Unhappy Baby dropped out of car during police chase

http://www.cnn.com/2004/US/09/14/bab....ap/index.html

Baby dropped out of car during police chase

Tuesday, September 14, 2004 Posted: 5:36 PM EDT (2136 GMT)

GREEN BAY, Wisconsin (AP) -- A man dropped his fiancee's 8-month-old daughter out of a car as he fled police after being accused of domestic violence, authorities said.

The girl, strapped in a car seat, was unhurt but the man later was fatally injured in a crash.

Dana Bettin, 23, died Sunday, three days after the dramatic highway chase that ended when he crashed his fiancee's car into an unoccupied squad car.

At one point, he slowed down, opened the car door and dropped the baby in the car seat onto the highway, sending it tumbling toward the middle of the roadway.

"As the baby was flying toward me I noticed that she was crying very hard and looked scared," Wisconsin State Patrol Sgt. David Catalano said Tuesday on NBC's "Today" show, which aired video of the incident.

"Fortunately she was seat-belted into the child seat so that as it slid forward on the highway and then rolled over she escaped without any injuries," he said.

Sheriff's Sgt. Dan Pamenter told The Post-Crescent in Appleton that the man at first tried to put the baby out of the car on the shoulder, but the door car was in his way. He eventually pulled back into traffic and pushed the baby out as he was accelerating.

"His car was jerking back and forth," Pamenter said. "I didn't know what he was doing. He seemed to care for the baby."

"I was pretty certain he wasnt going to stop until he crashed," Pamenter said.

The chase continued at speeds up to 100 mph.

The pursuit ended on U.S. 41 when Bettin had a minor collision with a vehicle and then crashed into an unoccupied squad car. The car he was driving rolled over and he was pinned underneath. He died at a hospital in Green Bay.

Catalano spoke to the baby's mother on Monday and said the girl is going fine.

"Her mother is very devastated about everything right now," he said. "It was her fiance involved and she's very upset."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

..what a moron - .. atleast she's okay..

------> http://torax.outwar.com/page.php?x=198797 <------

Tammy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Sep 14th, 2004, 10:15 PM   #2
country flag Tammy
Team WTAworld

Tammy is a glorious beacon of light Tammy is a glorious beacon of light Tammy is a glorious beacon of light Tammy is a glorious beacon of light Tammy is a glorious beacon of light Tammy is a glorious beacon of light Tammy is a glorious beacon of light Tammy is a glorious beacon of light Tammy is a glorious beacon of light Tammy is a glorious beacon of light Tammy is a glorious beacon of light
here's a couple of pics - theres more on the website as well as a video..

Old Sep 15th, 2004, 02:00 AM   #3
country flag *hingis_forever*

*hingis_forever* has a brilliant future *hingis_forever* has a brilliant future *hingis_forever* has a brilliant future *hingis_forever* has a brilliant future *hingis_forever* has a brilliant future *hingis_forever* has a brilliant future *hingis_forever* has a brilliant future *hingis_forever* has a brilliant future *hingis_forever* has a brilliant future *hingis_forever* has a brilliant future *hingis_forever* has a brilliant future
That's just awful! Truly sick!

*hingis_forever* is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 15th, 2004, 02:14 AM   #4
country flag *roddicksinme*

*roddicksinme* has a reputation beyond repute *roddicksinme* has a reputation beyond repute *roddicksinme* has a reputation beyond repute *roddicksinme* has a reputation beyond repute *roddicksinme* has a reputation beyond repute *roddicksinme* has a reputation beyond repute *roddicksinme* has a reputation beyond repute *roddicksinme* has a reputation beyond repute *roddicksinme* has a reputation beyond repute *roddicksinme* has a reputation beyond repute *roddicksinme* has a reputation beyond repute
it is a good thing that he put the baby out bc he crashed and died shortly after
Pierce Petrova Frazier Smashnova Tulyaganova Davenport Jankovic Fonseca Capriati Clijsters Golovin Hingis Sharapova Peer Chakvetadze Shaughnessy Schiavone Schnyder Molik Zvonareva Castano Sequera Garbin Kuznetsova Mirza Sprem Tanasugarn Rampre Gallovits Gullickson Uberois Granville Suarez Ruano Czink
*roddicksinme* is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 15th, 2004, 03:02 AM   #5
Julian

Julian has much to be proud of Julian has much to be proud of Julian has much to be proud of Julian has much to be proud of Julian has much to be proud of Julian has much to be proud of Julian has much to be proud of Julian has much to be proud of Julian has much to be proud of Julian has much to be proud of Julian has much to be proud of
Was dropping the baby out the window an act of caring or stupidity??

1989, 1994, 1998 French Open Champion, 1994 U.S. Open Champion
1994, 1995 Australian Open Finalist, 1995, 1996 Wimbledon Finalist
4- Time Olympic Medalist, 5-Time Fed Cup Winning Team, Inducted into Hall of Fame in 2007!!!
Julian is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 15th, 2004, 03:35 AM   #6
country flag Tammy
Team WTAworld

hmm id go with an act of stupidy since he could of just stopped like the average citizen or even better yet - when he stormed out of the hotel he shouldnt of taken his gf's baby with him in the first place..

..but indeed since he did take her atleast shes safe - but throwing a human being - a helpless one at that out of a moving car is just horrible

people never cease to amaze me!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julian
Was dropping the baby out the window an act of caring or stupidity??

Old Sep 15th, 2004, 03:44 AM   #7
country flag selking

selking has a reputation beyond repute selking has a reputation beyond repute selking has a reputation beyond repute selking has a reputation beyond repute selking has a reputation beyond repute selking has a reputation beyond repute selking has a reputation beyond repute selking has a reputation beyond repute selking has a reputation beyond repute selking has a reputation beyond repute selking has a reputation beyond repute
hey roman and tahts sick

selking is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 15th, 2004, 08:30 AM   #8
country flag skanky~skanketta

skanky~skanketta has a reputation beyond repute skanky~skanketta has a reputation beyond repute skanky~skanketta has a reputation beyond repute skanky~skanketta has a reputation beyond repute skanky~skanketta has a reputation beyond repute skanky~skanketta has a reputation beyond repute skanky~skanketta has a reputation beyond repute skanky~skanketta has a reputation beyond repute skanky~skanketta has a reputation beyond repute skanky~skanketta has a reputation beyond repute skanky~skanketta has a reputation beyond repute
well, at least he cared for the girl.
Old Sep 15th, 2004, 12:35 PM   #9
country flag bee

bee is a name known to all bee is a name known to all bee is a name known to all bee is a name known to all bee is a name known to all bee is a name known to all bee is a name known to all bee is a name known to all bee is a name known to all bee is a name known to all bee is a name known to all
at least he cared for the baby... or else the baby would also be dead for sure...
bee is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote