What can we expect from the Williams sisters and Justine next year? - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Sep 13th, 2004, 02:25 PM   #1
country flag Sam L
Sunset, Moonrise, Winter

Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute
Question What can we expect from the Williams sisters and Justine next year?

I ask because imo, these 3 at their best (with no injury) are still the best players in the world.

With this for 2005, I think that if they're all committed to tennis and stay injury free, it will be back to the 2002/03 era.

Individually, this is what I expect:

Justine - she needs to get her strength back and become match tough again. She's still got it mentally.

Serena - stay injury free and play MORE.

Venus - stop been content with losing to ordinary players and get that fire back in the belly like in 2000.

I think all could come out with their best tennis in Aussie Open with one of them winning, Justine will regain the French and we'll probably see all-Williams finals in Wimbledon and US Open next year again.

If injuries stay away.
Sam L is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Sep 13th, 2004, 02:28 PM   #2
country flag Sam L
Sunset, Moonrise, Winter

Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute
Oh and I can't wait for one of them to face Sharapova.

I want to see Justine give Sharapova a beat-down on clay.
Old Sep 13th, 2004, 02:30 PM   #3
country flag I Love Maria
Banned

I Love Maria has a spectacular aura about I Love Maria has a spectacular aura about I Love Maria has a spectacular aura about I Love Maria has a spectacular aura about I Love Maria has a spectacular aura about I Love Maria has a spectacular aura about I Love Maria has a spectacular aura about I Love Maria has a spectacular aura about I Love Maria has a spectacular aura about I Love Maria has a spectacular aura about I Love Maria has a spectacular aura about
Sharapova will thrash Serena again maybe more than 6-1 6-4 this time!
I Love Maria is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 13th, 2004, 02:33 PM   #4
country flag Greenout

Greenout has a reputation beyond repute Greenout has a reputation beyond repute Greenout has a reputation beyond repute Greenout has a reputation beyond repute Greenout has a reputation beyond repute Greenout has a reputation beyond repute Greenout has a reputation beyond repute Greenout has a reputation beyond repute Greenout has a reputation beyond repute Greenout has a reputation beyond repute Greenout has a reputation beyond repute
I think we'll see Justine because this is all she lives for. Serena?
She'll do a movie. After what happened at the US OPEN, Serena
thinks its all one big farce, and the WTA are full of s**t. Serena's not
doing the WTA any favours, she'll play tournaments when she wants to
promote herself and Nike.

"I hung onto tennis. I have done so for the past 20 years.
It is something that is in me, it is me." - JH
Greenout is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 13th, 2004, 02:33 PM   #5
bandabou

bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute
It´d foolish to count out either Serena or Justine imo...remember that before injury took them out it was the Serena and Justine show, with Venus and Kim completing the quartet. Serena just has to regain full fitness and get her mind together and she´ll be fine. Justine too imo....plus her game is perfect to disrupt all those russians game.

Venus, Venus...is an enigma. Needs to start play better when it matters the most: at the majors.
Serena Williams: Greatest African-American tennisplayer in history
18 majors:5256

Official Prince of the Royal Court
bandabou is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 13th, 2004, 02:40 PM   #6
country flag Sam L
Sunset, Moonrise, Winter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bandabou
It´d foolish to count out either Serena or Justine imo...remember that before injury took them out it was the Serena and Justine show, with Venus and Kim completing the quartet. Serena just has to regain full fitness and get her mind together and she´ll be fine. Justine too imo....plus her game is perfect to disrupt all those russians game.

Venus, Venus...is an enigma. Needs to start play better when it matters the most: at the majors.
Yes I think Serena's far from finished too. It seems like at times, she doesn't care about the game or her place in history that much, but she did try to get (and got) the "Serena slam", I'm sure she cares.

It's interesting that Venus only seems to play well at slams when Serena's playing too and playing well.

Notice, how Serena beat her in every slam she's won since her first.

When Serena comes back to her best, she'll lift Venus too, I'm sure.

And Justine, she lives for tennis. The way Russians have been playing, there's nothing to suggest that they've taken over Justine.
Old Sep 13th, 2004, 02:54 PM   #7
country flag CJ07

CJ07 has a reputation beyond repute CJ07 has a reputation beyond repute CJ07 has a reputation beyond repute CJ07 has a reputation beyond repute CJ07 has a reputation beyond repute CJ07 has a reputation beyond repute CJ07 has a reputation beyond repute CJ07 has a reputation beyond repute CJ07 has a reputation beyond repute CJ07 has a reputation beyond repute CJ07 has a reputation beyond repute
To be honest, I wonder how dominate Justine will be even when she gets back to 100%.
The thing that she really had over her opponents was her mental strength. In 2003 Lindsay, Kim, and even Jennifer really should've had her on many occasions, but her mental strength allowed her to overcome their challenges.

So I think Justine needs to find a way to get that mental advantage over players again.

For Serena, she just needs to zone in like she did in 2002, and she'll be fine.

For Venus, she just needs to be healthy for 5 minutes, and gain some confidence in her game.
CJ07 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 13th, 2004, 02:56 PM   #8
country flag azmad_88

azmad_88 has a reputation beyond repute azmad_88 has a reputation beyond repute azmad_88 has a reputation beyond repute azmad_88 has a reputation beyond repute azmad_88 has a reputation beyond repute azmad_88 has a reputation beyond repute azmad_88 has a reputation beyond repute azmad_88 has a reputation beyond repute azmad_88 has a reputation beyond repute azmad_88 has a reputation beyond repute azmad_88 has a reputation beyond repute
From Justine..probably not that much ..compared to williams impact next year..
but i am scared she will be busy in her other activities such as fashion,movies etc..
so im not shock if the Russian Domination continues and maybe Clijsters can sneek in a grand slam ..right now this 3 countries looks possible 4 a grand slam... russia usa and belgium.. france ump..maybe...

Petra Kvitova - Svetlana Kuznetsova - Li Na - Sloane Stephens - Madison Keys

Will Always Love Kim Clijsters and Elena Dementieva
azmad_88 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 13th, 2004, 02:56 PM   #9
country flag Sam L
Sunset, Moonrise, Winter

Quote:
Originally Posted by -SMM-
To be honest, I wonder how dominate Justine will be even when she gets back to 100%.
The thing that she really had over her opponents was her mental strength. In 2003 Lindsay, Kim, and even Jennifer really should've had her on many occasions, but her mental strength allowed her to overcome their challenges.

So I think Justine needs to find a way to get that mental advantage over players again.

For Serena, she just needs to zone in like she did in 2002, and she'll be fine.

For Venus, she just needs to be healthy for 5 minutes, and gain some confidence in her game.
Well last time I checked, Justine does have the mental edge (and lots of it). Olympics, over Myskina??? Her first tournament back since the French Open.

Petrova just outpowered her when she was very tired, that's not showing greater mental strength or a lack of mental strength on Justine's part.
Old Sep 13th, 2004, 03:01 PM   #10
bandabou

bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute
We´ll see....at first I wasn´t really sure how much Serena cared for the tennis, but I think the way she argued that call, convinced me....she´ll be back and she´s gonna be fine.
Serena Williams: Greatest African-American tennisplayer in history
18 majors:5256

Official Prince of the Royal Court
bandabou is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 13th, 2004, 03:05 PM   #11
country flag William Hunt

William Hunt is just really nice William Hunt is just really nice William Hunt is just really nice William Hunt is just really nice William Hunt is just really nice William Hunt is just really nice William Hunt is just really nice William Hunt is just really nice William Hunt is just really nice William Hunt is just really nice William Hunt is just really nice
I just hope that ALL topplayers will remain fit next year ! That would give us some great matches, wouldn't it ?
William Hunt is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 13th, 2004, 03:32 PM   #12
country flag Knizzle

Knizzle has a reputation beyond repute Knizzle has a reputation beyond repute Knizzle has a reputation beyond repute Knizzle has a reputation beyond repute Knizzle has a reputation beyond repute Knizzle has a reputation beyond repute Knizzle has a reputation beyond repute Knizzle has a reputation beyond repute Knizzle has a reputation beyond repute Knizzle has a reputation beyond repute Knizzle has a reputation beyond repute
Well Tracy Austin says the WTA said Venus was working really hard to get back to the top cause she was tired of being ranked #11 or so. I have to believe that's true cause I don't think Austin would make that up and Venus herself after her loss to LD said she had no imminent injuries and that she felt really good about herself. Serena's always seems to be working hard and really motivated to do well so it'll probably only be a matter of time before she gets her confidence back. Justine seemed to be on at the Olympics, but faltered a bit against Petrova, I'm not sure if it's because of her being sick or just rustiness from not being on tour very long. Justine has the most amibition of these three so she's the one who I'd bet on getting back to top form first. If the sisters become more ambitious about denting tennis history then look out world.
Knizzle is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 13th, 2004, 03:47 PM   #13
country flag boggs570
Banned

boggs570 will become famous soon enough boggs570 will become famous soon enough boggs570 will become famous soon enough boggs570 will become famous soon enough boggs570 will become famous soon enough boggs570 will become famous soon enough boggs570 will become famous soon enough boggs570 will become famous soon enough boggs570 will become famous soon enough boggs570 will become famous soon enough boggs570 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenout
I think we'll see Justine because this is all she lives for. Serena?
She'll do a movie. After what happened at the US OPEN, Serena
thinks its all one big farce, and the WTA are full of s**t. Serena's not
doing the WTA any favours, she'll play tournaments when she wants to
promote herself and Nike.

I believe you got a point there Greenout. (no pun intended).
boggs570 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 13th, 2004, 05:58 PM   #14
country flag heartBREAKeRS

heartBREAKeRS has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by I Love Maria
Sharapova will thrash Serena again maybe more than 6-1 6-4 this time!
do i heard the word BITCH and hater

heartBREAKeRS is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 13th, 2004, 06:26 PM   #15
country flag shap_half

shap_half has a reputation beyond repute shap_half has a reputation beyond repute shap_half has a reputation beyond repute shap_half has a reputation beyond repute shap_half has a reputation beyond repute shap_half has a reputation beyond repute shap_half has a reputation beyond repute shap_half has a reputation beyond repute shap_half has a reputation beyond repute shap_half has a reputation beyond repute shap_half has a reputation beyond repute
I really see Justine winning the first three GS next year. I think she is feeling embarrassed from having not even reaching the quarters of the last two she competed in. She loves the pressure of defending and I think once she gets her groove back, she'll be hungry to defend Australia. Justine has always been the type of player to exceed expectations. And when she couldn't play the clay court season this year, she would want to reestablish herself as the best claycourter with a second RG. And since she hasn't won Wimbledon, she'll want to win that too. Her ambition and drive won't just allow for her to wallow in mediocrity while others win the Slams and overtake the #1 ranking. She might just win all the tournaments she is still scheduled to play this fall.
shap_half is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote