Who was that god-awful singer that opened the women's final? - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Sep 13th, 2004, 12:20 AM   #1
country flag LenaDFan
Banned

LenaDFan is on a distinguished road LenaDFan is on a distinguished road LenaDFan is on a distinguished road LenaDFan is on a distinguished road LenaDFan is on a distinguished road LenaDFan is on a distinguished road LenaDFan is on a distinguished road LenaDFan is on a distinguished road LenaDFan is on a distinguished road LenaDFan is on a distinguished road LenaDFan is on a distinguished road
Who was that god-awful singer that opened the women's final?

Her eyes were popping out of her sockets and she wasn't even singing well!

And are they trying to make some sort of statement by having all of the opening ceremonies preformed by African Americans?
LenaDFan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Sep 13th, 2004, 12:27 AM   #2
country flag GoDominique

GoDominique has a reputation beyond repute GoDominique has a reputation beyond repute GoDominique has a reputation beyond repute GoDominique has a reputation beyond repute GoDominique has a reputation beyond repute GoDominique has a reputation beyond repute GoDominique has a reputation beyond repute GoDominique has a reputation beyond repute GoDominique has a reputation beyond repute GoDominique has a reputation beyond repute GoDominique has a reputation beyond repute
GoDominique is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 13th, 2004, 12:37 AM   #3
country flag LenaDFan
Banned

LenaDFan is on a distinguished road LenaDFan is on a distinguished road LenaDFan is on a distinguished road LenaDFan is on a distinguished road LenaDFan is on a distinguished road LenaDFan is on a distinguished road LenaDFan is on a distinguished road LenaDFan is on a distinguished road LenaDFan is on a distinguished road LenaDFan is on a distinguished road LenaDFan is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoDominique
LenaDFan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 13th, 2004, 12:38 AM   #4
country flag GoDominique

GoDominique has a reputation beyond repute GoDominique has a reputation beyond repute GoDominique has a reputation beyond repute GoDominique has a reputation beyond repute GoDominique has a reputation beyond repute GoDominique has a reputation beyond repute GoDominique has a reputation beyond repute GoDominique has a reputation beyond repute GoDominique has a reputation beyond repute GoDominique has a reputation beyond repute GoDominique has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by LenaDFan
:retard:
GoDominique is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 13th, 2004, 12:38 AM   #5
country flag harloo

harloo has a reputation beyond repute harloo has a reputation beyond repute harloo has a reputation beyond repute harloo has a reputation beyond repute harloo has a reputation beyond repute harloo has a reputation beyond repute harloo has a reputation beyond repute harloo has a reputation beyond repute harloo has a reputation beyond repute harloo has a reputation beyond repute harloo has a reputation beyond repute

harloo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 13th, 2004, 12:46 AM   #6
faboozadoo15

faboozadoo15 has a reputation beyond repute faboozadoo15 has a reputation beyond repute faboozadoo15 has a reputation beyond repute faboozadoo15 has a reputation beyond repute faboozadoo15 has a reputation beyond repute faboozadoo15 has a reputation beyond repute faboozadoo15 has a reputation beyond repute faboozadoo15 has a reputation beyond repute faboozadoo15 has a reputation beyond repute faboozadoo15 has a reputation beyond repute faboozadoo15 has a reputation beyond repute
the guy for the men's final was the worst singer i have ever heard perform at any sporting event. he forgot the words, sang the same verse three times out of key, started humming, and then bombed the final note.

i LOVED the woman they had for the women's final!!! she was sooo into it, and it sounded different. nothing bland about it, and she didn't fuck it up...

but that guy, i hope he never tries this again, and hopefully next year they'll pick someone who knows at least 2 of the verses.
faboozadoo15 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 13th, 2004, 01:10 AM   #7
country flag selking

selking has a reputation beyond repute selking has a reputation beyond repute selking has a reputation beyond repute selking has a reputation beyond repute selking has a reputation beyond repute selking has a reputation beyond repute selking has a reputation beyond repute selking has a reputation beyond repute selking has a reputation beyond repute selking has a reputation beyond repute selking has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by faboozadoo15
the guy for the men's final was the worst singer i have ever heard perform at any sporting event. he forgot the words, sang the same verse three times out of key, started humming, and then bombed the final note.

i LOVED the woman they had for the women's final!!! she was sooo into it, and it sounded different. nothing bland about it, and she didn't fuck it up...

but that guy, i hope he never tries this again, and hopefully next year they'll pick someone who knows at least 2 of the verses.

i think there was spose to be music for that guy but the people messed it up.

selking is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 13th, 2004, 01:40 AM   #8
faboozadoo15

faboozadoo15 has a reputation beyond repute faboozadoo15 has a reputation beyond repute faboozadoo15 has a reputation beyond repute faboozadoo15 has a reputation beyond repute faboozadoo15 has a reputation beyond repute faboozadoo15 has a reputation beyond repute faboozadoo15 has a reputation beyond repute faboozadoo15 has a reputation beyond repute faboozadoo15 has a reputation beyond repute faboozadoo15 has a reputation beyond repute faboozadoo15 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Law and order
Yes that guy was bad I had to switch the channel until I think he was done. Couldn't they find anyone else other than that guy.
"random man from audience" could have done a much better job. one of the people carrying the flag should have slapped the mic away from his mouth and picked it up.
faboozadoo15 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 13th, 2004, 03:59 AM   #9
country flag tennisbum79

tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute

In opera, in recital and in concert appearances with symphony orchestras and chamber music collaborators, Jessye Norman’s thoughtful music-making, innovative programming and fervent advocacy of contemporary music share equal acclaim with the majesty of her voice. In recent seasons, she has premiered the song cycle woman.life.song by composer Judith Weir – commissioned for her by Carnegie Hall, with texts by Toni Morrison, Maya Angelou and Clarissa Pinkola Estes – and performed the sacred music of Duke Ellington in a dramatic musical production. She has also released her first jazz CD, Jessye Norman Sings Michel Legrand. These varied expansions of her art have received wide acclaim. Miss Norman sings an exciting and unusual operatic repertoire that embraces composers ranging from Rameau and Berlioz to Schoenberg and Bartok at opera houses around the world, most notably the Royal Opera House, Covent Garden, La Scala, Vienna State Opera, Deutsche Oper Berlin and Lyric Opera of Chicago, as well as the Saito Kinen, Aix-en-Provence and Salzburg Festivals. Her distinguished association with Metropolitan Opera began with her debut on the opening night of the company’s centennial season in 1983. Her remarkable catalogue of recordings has won numerous international awards. Recognized worldwide for her remarkable humanitarian efforts as well as her artistic accomplishments, Miss Norman became the youngest recipient of the United States Kennedy Center Honor in 1997. She has received some thirty honorary doctorates from colleges and universities, decorations and distinctions from governments around the world and appointment in 1990 as an honorary U.N. ambassador. In Augusta, Georgia, her hometown, the Amphitheatre and Plaza overlooking the tranquil Savannah River have been named for Jessye Norman.

Source:
http://www.sonyclassical.com/artists/norman/bio.html

---------------------------------------------------------------------
Norman, Jessye

Norman, Jessye, 1945–, American soprano, b. Augusta, Ga. Making her early reputation in Europe, Norman won the Munich competition in 1968, debuted in Tannhäuser in 1969 with the Berlin Opera, and was a great success as Aïda at Milan's La Scala and London's Covent Garden in 1972. She made her American debut in 1982 as Jocasta in Oedipus Rex and her Metropolitan Opera debut the following year as Cassandra in Les Troyens. A majestic diva and extremely successful recording artist, she is praised for her enormous vocal power, tonal warmth, and clarity of diction. One of the most acclaimed musical artists of the late 20th cent., Norman commands a broad operatic repertoire and also frequently performs concerts of lieder, spirituals, oratorios, and a variety of other works.

http://www.infoplease.com/ce6/people/A0835885.html

Last edited by tennisbum79 : Sep 13th, 2004 at 04:05 AM.
tennisbum79 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 13th, 2004, 04:02 AM   #10
country flag SelesFan70

SelesFan70 has a reputation beyond repute SelesFan70 has a reputation beyond repute SelesFan70 has a reputation beyond repute SelesFan70 has a reputation beyond repute SelesFan70 has a reputation beyond repute SelesFan70 has a reputation beyond repute SelesFan70 has a reputation beyond repute SelesFan70 has a reputation beyond repute SelesFan70 has a reputation beyond repute SelesFan70 has a reputation beyond repute SelesFan70 has a reputation beyond repute
"That woman" was excellent. Her powerful voice made a powerful statement and it sent shivers up my spine!

Liberals: Hard on the unborn, soft on terrorists

Man-made climate change is a LIE

COUNTDOWN!
SelesFan70 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 13th, 2004, 04:03 AM   #11
tennispro105

tennispro105 is just really nice tennispro105 is just really nice tennispro105 is just really nice tennispro105 is just really nice tennispro105 is just really nice tennispro105 is just really nice tennispro105 is just really nice tennispro105 is just really nice tennispro105 is just really nice tennispro105 is just really nice tennispro105 is just really nice
i think it was because they were expecting the williams' and w/e... i dunno

they had diana ross one year they were in the finals... i hated both of 'em... i couldn't stand the woman's singing and the way she was dressed 'no offense' lol and the guy sang the song wrong!
tennispro105 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 13th, 2004, 04:11 AM   #12
country flag Venus Forever
Team WTAworld

Venus Forever has much to be proud of Venus Forever has much to be proud of Venus Forever has much to be proud of Venus Forever has much to be proud of Venus Forever has much to be proud of Venus Forever has much to be proud of Venus Forever has much to be proud of Venus Forever has much to be proud of Venus Forever has much to be proud of Venus Forever has much to be proud of Venus Forever has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by SelesFan70
"That woman" was excellent. Her powerful voice made a powerful statement and it sent shivers up my spine!
I agree. I thought she was just fine.

Good Luck: RENA, MATTEK, HAYNES, GULLICKSON, HARKLEROAD, RUBIN, GRANVILLE, LEE-WATERS, SCHNYDER, JACKSON, PERRY, KING, SUGIYAMA, PIERCE, TULYAGANOVA, IVANOVIC, KUZNETSOVA, MOLIK, DANIILIDOU, MEDINA GARRIGUES, PETROVA, PENNETTA, GOLOVIN, PEER, LI, SCHIAVONE, RAZZANO, ZVONAREVA, SPREM, SREBOTNIK, VINCI, & SAFINA
Venus Forever is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 13th, 2004, 04:16 AM   #13
country flag tennisbum79

tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by tennispro105
i think it was because they were expecting the williams' and w/e... i dunno

they had diana ross one year they were in the finals... i hated both of 'em... i couldn't stand the woman's singing and the way she was dressed 'no offense' lol and the guy sang the song wrong!
Please read her bio above. Maybe you can't take back your assertion.
Unless you are refering to her race, which still is not appropriate.
tennisbum79 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 13th, 2004, 04:38 AM   #14
country flag dansnewbeg

dansnewbeg is a name known to all dansnewbeg is a name known to all dansnewbeg is a name known to all dansnewbeg is a name known to all dansnewbeg is a name known to all dansnewbeg is a name known to all dansnewbeg is a name known to all dansnewbeg is a name known to all dansnewbeg is a name known to all dansnewbeg is a name known to all dansnewbeg is a name known to all
Jessye Norman... she was good. I remember her performing at the Atlanta Olympic Games opening ceremonies.
dansnewbeg is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 13th, 2004, 04:46 AM   #15
country flag Hant Hant

Hant Hant is a glorious beacon of light Hant Hant is a glorious beacon of light Hant Hant is a glorious beacon of light Hant Hant is a glorious beacon of light Hant Hant is a glorious beacon of light Hant Hant is a glorious beacon of light Hant Hant is a glorious beacon of light Hant Hant is a glorious beacon of light Hant Hant is a glorious beacon of light Hant Hant is a glorious beacon of light Hant Hant is a glorious beacon of light
i think the guy was singing ok
Hant Hant is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote