The 20 Greatest *Active Singles* Players on the WTA Tour - Page 88 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jan 27th, 2013, 07:14 PM   #1306
country flag killerqueen

killerqueen has a reputation beyond repute killerqueen has a reputation beyond repute killerqueen has a reputation beyond repute killerqueen has a reputation beyond repute killerqueen has a reputation beyond repute killerqueen has a reputation beyond repute killerqueen has a reputation beyond repute killerqueen has a reputation beyond repute killerqueen has a reputation beyond repute killerqueen has a reputation beyond repute killerqueen has a reputation beyond repute
Re: The 20 Greatest *Active Singles* Players on the WTA Tour

Agree with the list. only thing I wouldn't quite agree with is Fran over Petra. I'd say that YEC win, multiple semis and higer career ranking is better than slam final loss, but i understand.

Enjoy looking at this after every major.

Elena Baltacha. Never forgotten.
killerqueen is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jan 27th, 2013, 07:22 PM   #1307
country flag Tennisstar86

Tennisstar86 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisstar86 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisstar86 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisstar86 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisstar86 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisstar86 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisstar86 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisstar86 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisstar86 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisstar86 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisstar86 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leon Daniel View Post
Well, I said this is my updated list, so, as Azarenka's fan which I think you are, I would expect from you to be happy with this. I still think Ana has bigger overall influence on tennis world, but respecting the rules, it is obvious that someone with 2 GS titles and #1 should be ahead of someone with 1 GS title and #1. But, if Ana would have 2 GS titles, she should be considered greater than Vika with 2 GS IMO.

Li is great but she can't be ahead of Ana, Azarenka or Kuznetsova. If we would consider only off-court influence, I would pick Serena, Maria, Ana and Li as top 4 immediately.
Delusional, Ana will not be remembered in 10 years. She'll go the way of other one slam wonders. I hate to be the one to tell you this but Ana is not that attractive. Shes not a kournikova and wont garner that kind of fame.

Li has competed in all of her slam finals. #1 ranking is a mute point at this point. lots of trash players were able to grab it that shouldnt have. See Ana Ivanovic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vartan View Post
I can't believe you are that excited about Venus's retirement...

Serena Williams

Sharapova

Hantuchova
Tennisstar86 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 27th, 2013, 07:38 PM   #1308
country flag pov

pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute

Majors alone are not generally a solid measure of greatness. Especially when a player has won only one or two majors. Other things need to be factored in - like weeks within the top 3, number of overall titles, number of times being in the finals at a major. The idea that - for example - winning one major while not reaching the finals any other time makes a player greater than one who has made the finals multiple times is frankly - ridiculous.
Old Jan 27th, 2013, 10:24 PM   #1309
Gentleman

Gentleman has a reputation beyond repute Gentleman has a reputation beyond repute Gentleman has a reputation beyond repute Gentleman has a reputation beyond repute Gentleman has a reputation beyond repute Gentleman has a reputation beyond repute Gentleman has a reputation beyond repute Gentleman has a reputation beyond repute Gentleman has a reputation beyond repute Gentleman has a reputation beyond repute Gentleman has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tennisstar86 View Post
Delusional, Ana will not be remembered in 10 years. She'll go the way of other one slam wonders. I hate to be the one to tell you this but Ana is not that attractive. Shes not a kournikova and wont garner that kind of fame.

Li has competed in all of her slam finals. #1 ranking is a mute point at this point. lots of trash players were able to grab it that shouldnt have. See Ana Ivanovic.

...and I love the fact that the rest of the world disagrees with you. If we would be at some stadium right now, you would be booed so loud by the audience! Ana deserved her #1 spot and GS title and I hope you will learn how to live with that someday.
Old Jan 27th, 2013, 10:46 PM   #1310
Tennis Fool

Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAS_ View Post
Oh, I see. So you first make a list according to popular support of players, and THEN you create rules which would result in such a list. Makes sense. 'Tis TF after all.
No, that's not why I did it. I gave you a reason, gave you a compliment, and you're spinning it as you see fit.
Putintseva #1 player

MakarovaLisickiBarthelBeckTwinPliskovasSmitkovaPervakGavrilovaTownsendAllertovaAbandaPuchkova
Tennis Fool is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 27th, 2013, 11:40 PM   #1311
country flag Tennisstar86

Tennisstar86 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisstar86 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisstar86 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisstar86 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisstar86 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisstar86 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisstar86 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisstar86 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisstar86 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisstar86 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisstar86 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leon Daniel View Post
...and I love the fact that the rest of the world disagrees with you. If we would be at some stadium right now, you would be booed so loud by the audience! Ana deserved her #1 spot and GS title and I hope you will learn how to live with that someday.
Did I say she didnt deserve her slam?

But the fact is shes with a handful of players who turned the #1 ranking into a joke. Ana, Jelena, Wozniaki, Safina. When they were #1 noone actually believed they were.

Serena Williams

Sharapova

Hantuchova
Tennisstar86 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 27th, 2013, 11:48 PM   #1312
country flag NashaMasha

NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute

at least now Tennisfool doesn't look like a fool , but it's regarding the top of the list

WTA Championships 2004
London Olympics silver medallist

33 WTA titles , including 13 Tier I titles
21 weeks #1 player
NashaMasha is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 27th, 2013, 11:54 PM   #1313
Gentleman

Gentleman has a reputation beyond repute Gentleman has a reputation beyond repute Gentleman has a reputation beyond repute Gentleman has a reputation beyond repute Gentleman has a reputation beyond repute Gentleman has a reputation beyond repute Gentleman has a reputation beyond repute Gentleman has a reputation beyond repute Gentleman has a reputation beyond repute Gentleman has a reputation beyond repute Gentleman has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tennisstar86 View Post
Did I say she didnt deserve her slam?

But the fact is shes with a handful of players who turned the #1 ranking into a joke. Ana, Jelena, Wozniaki, Safina. When they were #1 noone actually believed they were.
Sorry, but audience is still against you...
Old Jan 28th, 2013, 12:00 AM   #1314
country flag matty

matty has a reputation beyond repute matty has a reputation beyond repute matty has a reputation beyond repute matty has a reputation beyond repute matty has a reputation beyond repute matty has a reputation beyond repute matty has a reputation beyond repute matty has a reputation beyond repute matty has a reputation beyond repute matty has a reputation beyond repute matty has a reputation beyond repute

5) Ana IVANOVIC - GS winner, former #1, worldwide superstar, the most beautiful player of all times
6) Svetlana KUZNETSOVA - Two-time GS winner, former #2, very persistent player in the past

ooo h a n t u c h o v a ooo a z a r e n k a ooo s w i l l i a m s ooo v w i l l i a m s ooo k e y s ooo m a t t e k - s a n d s ooo k u z n e t s o v a ooo
matty is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 28th, 2013, 12:05 AM   #1315
Gentleman

Quote:
Originally Posted by matty View Post
5) Ana IVANOVIC - GS winner, former #1, worldwide superstar, the most beautiful player of all times
6) Svetlana KUZNETSOVA - Two-time GS winner, former #2, very persistent player in the past

Old Jan 28th, 2013, 12:47 AM   #1316
country flag Vartan

Vartan has a reputation beyond repute Vartan has a reputation beyond repute Vartan has a reputation beyond repute Vartan has a reputation beyond repute Vartan has a reputation beyond repute Vartan has a reputation beyond repute Vartan has a reputation beyond repute Vartan has a reputation beyond repute Vartan has a reputation beyond repute Vartan has a reputation beyond repute Vartan has a reputation beyond repute

Vartan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 28th, 2013, 12:53 AM   #1317
Tennis Fool

Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by killerqueen View Post
Agree with the list. only thing I wouldn't quite agree with is Fran over Petra. I'd say that YEC win, multiple semis and higer career ranking is better than slam final loss, but i understand.

Thanks.
Putintseva #1 player

MakarovaLisickiBarthelBeckTwinPliskovasSmitkovaPervakGavrilovaTownsendAllertovaAbandaPuchkova
Tennis Fool is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 28th, 2013, 01:01 AM   #1318
country flag LindsayRulz

LindsayRulz has a reputation beyond repute LindsayRulz has a reputation beyond repute LindsayRulz has a reputation beyond repute LindsayRulz has a reputation beyond repute LindsayRulz has a reputation beyond repute LindsayRulz has a reputation beyond repute LindsayRulz has a reputation beyond repute LindsayRulz has a reputation beyond repute LindsayRulz has a reputation beyond repute LindsayRulz has a reputation beyond repute LindsayRulz has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by killerqueen View Post

This.
LindsayRulz is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 28th, 2013, 01:22 AM   #1319
country flag Womp Up The Jamz

Womp Up The Jamz has a brilliant future Womp Up The Jamz has a brilliant future Womp Up The Jamz has a brilliant future Womp Up The Jamz has a brilliant future Womp Up The Jamz has a brilliant future Womp Up The Jamz has a brilliant future Womp Up The Jamz has a brilliant future Womp Up The Jamz has a brilliant future Womp Up The Jamz has a brilliant future Womp Up The Jamz has a brilliant future Womp Up The Jamz has a brilliant future
I just adore Kimiko being on this list.

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App
Womp Up The Jamz is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 28th, 2013, 02:05 AM   #1320
country flag Orbis

Orbis has a brilliant future Orbis has a brilliant future Orbis has a brilliant future Orbis has a brilliant future Orbis has a brilliant future Orbis has a brilliant future Orbis has a brilliant future Orbis has a brilliant future Orbis has a brilliant future Orbis has a brilliant future Orbis has a brilliant future

Awesome list, love the post-slam updates. Agree with pretty much everything too
Orbis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote