The 20 Greatest *Active Singles* Players on the WTA Tour - Page 77 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Nov 5th, 2012, 03:41 PM   #1141
country flag Steven.

Steven. has a reputation beyond repute Steven. has a reputation beyond repute Steven. has a reputation beyond repute Steven. has a reputation beyond repute Steven. has a reputation beyond repute Steven. has a reputation beyond repute Steven. has a reputation beyond repute Steven. has a reputation beyond repute Steven. has a reputation beyond repute Steven. has a reputation beyond repute Steven. has a reputation beyond repute
Re: The 20 Greatest *Active Singles* Players on the WTA Tour

Kvitova below Fran and Sam. Really? Even putting her below Na is questionable.
Advertisement

Old Nov 5th, 2012, 04:38 PM   #1142
country flag andyjason

andyjason is a splendid one to behold andyjason is a splendid one to behold andyjason is a splendid one to behold andyjason is a splendid one to behold andyjason is a splendid one to behold andyjason is a splendid one to behold andyjason is a splendid one to behold andyjason is a splendid one to behold andyjason is a splendid one to behold andyjason is a splendid one to behold andyjason is a splendid one to behold

I think
1) Serena
2) Venus
3) Sharapova
4) Kuznetsova
5) Azarenka
6) Ivanovic
7) Kvitova
8) Li Na
9) Stosur
10) Schiavone
11) Wozniacki
12) Zvonareva
13) Jankovic
14) Bartoli
15) Radwanska
16) Errani
17) Kimiko
18) Kerber
19) Hantuchova
20) Zheng

Last edited by andyjason : Nov 6th, 2012 at 01:48 PM.
andyjason is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 5th, 2012, 04:57 PM   #1143
Mistress of Evil
mean-spirited, vicious bitch witch

Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute
Re: The 20 Greatest *Active Singles* PLayers on the WTA Tour

Quote:
Originally Posted by justineheninfan View Post
BANNED
What the hell? I love him and he is/was actually one of the 3 knowledgeable on here.
Mistress of Evil is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 5th, 2012, 05:16 PM   #1144
country flag NashaMasha

NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute

Azarenka ahead of Kuznetsova is a pure B.S.

1 Slam + 1Final is no way better achivements than 2 Slams + 2 Finals , and all the rest her titles can't compensate the gap

WTA Championships 2004
London Olympics silver medallist

33 WTA titles , including 13 Tier I titles
21 weeks #1 player

Last edited by NashaMasha : Nov 5th, 2012 at 05:25 PM.
NashaMasha is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 5th, 2012, 08:49 PM   #1145
Tennis Fool

Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for your comments.

Petra and Kuzzie unfortunately fall into the Rankings Bridesmaid category, and being short of the #1 ranking inhibits their placement further up the list.

Petra had a great year last year, but her lack of the #1 ranking keeps her in check below Fran and Sam, due to a tiebreaking Slam final.

Nasha Masha, I know you hate Vika, but Kuzzie never reached the #1 ranking, never mind the YE #1.

Quote:
Originally Posted by carretta View Post
I think Kvitova should be ahead of Schiavone. Kvitova's GS + YEC and success at the other slams (QF or better) trumps Schiavone's 2finals at the same slam. I also think Hantuchova is a much better #20 than Dokic.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven. View Post
Kvitova below Fran and Sam. Really? Even putting her below Na is questionable.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NashaMasha View Post
Azarenka ahead of Kuznetsova is a pure B.S.

1 Slam + 1Final is no way better achivements than 2 Slams + 2 Finals , and all the rest her titles can't compensate the gap
Putintseva #1 player

MakarovaLisickiBarthelBeckTwinPliskovasSmitkovaPervakGavrilovaTownsendAllertovaAbandaPuchkova
Tennis Fool is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 5th, 2012, 11:13 PM   #1146
Ana'sProcess

Ana'sProcess has a reputation beyond repute Ana'sProcess has a reputation beyond repute Ana'sProcess has a reputation beyond repute Ana'sProcess has a reputation beyond repute Ana'sProcess has a reputation beyond repute Ana'sProcess has a reputation beyond repute Ana'sProcess has a reputation beyond repute Ana'sProcess has a reputation beyond repute Ana'sProcess has a reputation beyond repute Ana'sProcess has a reputation beyond repute Ana'sProcess has a reputation beyond repute

I would consider not only results which are obviosly most important criteria, but the impact that player has in the world of tennis to:

1) Serena WILLIAMS - THE MAMA, absolutely the best female tennis player of all times
2) Venus WILLIAMS - One of the greatest of all times
3) Maria SHARAPOVA - Golden slam, former #1, worldwide superstar
4) Victoria AZARENKA - Most promising player of this generation, #1 at the moment
5) Ana IVANOVIC - GS winner, former #1, worldwide superstar, the most beautiful player of all times
6) Svetlana KUZNETSOVA - GS winner, former #2, very persistent player in the past
7) Na LI - GS winner, first Asian player to win a GS, big impact on tennis development in Asia
8) Petra KVITOVA - GS winner, one of the most promising players of this generation
9) Samantha STOSUR - GS winner, Ausie superstar
10) Caroline WOZNIACKI - former #1, numerous WTA titles despite defensive tennis
11) Francesca SCHIAVONE - GS winner, one of the best personalities at the court
12) Agnieszka RADWANSKA - GS finalist, former #2
13) Jelena JANKOVIC - GS finalist, former #1
14) Kimiko DATE KRUMM - Multiple GS semifinalist, the oldest active player ever on WTA tour
15) Angelique KERBER - Best German tennis player, one of the most promising at the moment, top 5
16) Nadia PETROVA - One of the most persistent WTA players, former #3
17) Jelena DOKIC - former #4, one of the most controversial life stories on WTA tour
18) Vera ZVONAREVA - GS finalist, former #2
19) Marion BARTOLI - GS finalist, persistent player
20) Daniela HANTUCHOVA - Former top 5, GS semifinalist
Ana'sProcess is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 6th, 2012, 12:14 AM   #1147
dragonflies

dragonflies has a reputation beyond repute dragonflies has a reputation beyond repute dragonflies has a reputation beyond repute dragonflies has a reputation beyond repute dragonflies has a reputation beyond repute dragonflies has a reputation beyond repute dragonflies has a reputation beyond repute dragonflies has a reputation beyond repute dragonflies has a reputation beyond repute dragonflies has a reputation beyond repute dragonflies has a reputation beyond repute
Re: The 20 Greatest *Active Singles* PLayers on the WTA Tour

Quote:
Originally Posted by justineheninfan View Post
Here is my list:

1. Serena- duh
2. Venus- also obvious
3. Sharapova and Clijsters tied- I could have made a choice, but it would have been more fun to tie them just to incite the spirited TF debates, and get the Sharapova fans focused on something other than Serena.
5. Kuznetsova
6. Kvitova- Her WTA Championship title and being far and away the #1 player of 2011 (I mean in reality, not stupid computer points) puts her clearly above other 1 slammers.
7. Azarenka
8. Ivanovic- while on paper 3 slam finals maybe should put her above Azarenka, Azarenka has numerous Miami titles and her career has already lasted longer near the top than Ana's quick flameout.
9. Na- doubles only comes into play for me if the singles is almost equal. IMO Na's singles career now with a tier 1 title and double the # of tour titles, and both having a slam title and second slam final, is clearly above Stosur's.
10. Stosur- read above.
11. Schiavone- below Stosur because of doubles. As I said when the singles are virtually equal, doubles comes more into play.
12. Wozniacki- she was ranked exactly right, not sure what the complaining is about. Stosur, Schiavone, and Na not only have a slam title over her, but a 2nd slam final to go with it which is huge.
13. Jankovic
14. Date- slam semis on every surface, and anyway if she were in her prime today instead of the Seles/Graf era she would probably be now lower than #5 on this list. Putting Date below Errani is enough to make ont puke in disgust.
15. Zvonareva
16. Radwanska
17. Petrova
18. Bartoli
19. Hantuchova
20. Kerber

Errani somewhere about 35th I am guessing, which is probably about 30 spots higher than would be without her French Open final.

Justineheninfan is banned while the likes of haters such as Ziros, Rootkie, dsanders, Dominic, etc... are still roaming on the board?

No wonder there are less and less respected posters post on here any more.
dragonflies is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 6th, 2012, 09:23 AM   #1148
country flag NashaMasha

NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Nasha Masha, I know you hate Vika, but Kuzzie never reached the #1 ranking, never mind the YE #1.
why not to put Wozniacki ahead of Stosur, Schiavone then? 2 YE #1 , 67 weeks , more titles ?
#1 position can't compensate 1Slam + 1 Final difference, it's just stupid . Your list is becoming more and more controvercial and biased . Stop using double standards for different players , there should be unified and clear requirements for all players , not just for certan players .

Kuznetsova is in top 100 Tennis Channel, Do you think Azarenka already deserves to be included in it?

WTA Championships 2004
London Olympics silver medallist

33 WTA titles , including 13 Tier I titles
21 weeks #1 player

Last edited by NashaMasha : Nov 6th, 2012 at 09:35 AM.
NashaMasha is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 6th, 2012, 09:46 AM   #1149
country flag Joelina

Joelina has a brilliant future Joelina has a brilliant future Joelina has a brilliant future Joelina has a brilliant future Joelina has a brilliant future Joelina has a brilliant future Joelina has a brilliant future Joelina has a brilliant future Joelina has a brilliant future Joelina has a brilliant future Joelina has a brilliant future

why is Vika ahaed of Kuznetsova????

Kvitova Ivanovic Cepelova Hantuchova Jankovic
Joelina is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 6th, 2012, 09:59 AM   #1150
coolfish1103

coolfish1103 has a reputation beyond repute coolfish1103 has a reputation beyond repute coolfish1103 has a reputation beyond repute coolfish1103 has a reputation beyond repute coolfish1103 has a reputation beyond repute coolfish1103 has a reputation beyond repute coolfish1103 has a reputation beyond repute coolfish1103 has a reputation beyond repute coolfish1103 has a reputation beyond repute coolfish1103 has a reputation beyond repute coolfish1103 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joelina View Post
why is Vika ahaed of Kuznetsova????
I don't understand that either.
coolfish1103 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 6th, 2012, 10:04 AM   #1151
country flag lenas warriors

lenas warriors has a reputation beyond repute lenas warriors has a reputation beyond repute lenas warriors has a reputation beyond repute lenas warriors has a reputation beyond repute lenas warriors has a reputation beyond repute lenas warriors has a reputation beyond repute lenas warriors has a reputation beyond repute lenas warriors has a reputation beyond repute lenas warriors has a reputation beyond repute lenas warriors has a reputation beyond repute lenas warriors has a reputation beyond repute

why ignore the point on Dani too?

I dont get why this is meant to be subjective then criterion are too rigidly adhered to. Is Cornet a better player than Cibulkova as she peaked at 11 rather than 12?! Is she better than Kirilenko and Safarova too?!
Amaze-arenka, Kvitty-GOAT and Halep
Hantuchova, Petrova, Zvonareva, Goerges, Pavlyuchenkova, Makarova, The Other Russians, Koukalova, The Other Czechs,
Kerber, Sharapova, Keys, Townsend, Paszek, Kanepi, Shvedova, Martic, Watson, Robson, Kimiko, Barthel, Erakovic
lenas warriors is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 6th, 2012, 10:20 AM   #1152
faboozadoo15

faboozadoo15 has a reputation beyond repute faboozadoo15 has a reputation beyond repute faboozadoo15 has a reputation beyond repute faboozadoo15 has a reputation beyond repute faboozadoo15 has a reputation beyond repute faboozadoo15 has a reputation beyond repute faboozadoo15 has a reputation beyond repute faboozadoo15 has a reputation beyond repute faboozadoo15 has a reputation beyond repute faboozadoo15 has a reputation beyond repute faboozadoo15 has a reputation beyond repute

Kuznetsova>Azarenka at this point. I have every reason to believe this will change, but the fact remains that Sveta has achieved a lot more at this point.

Vika has 1 more title overall and a high rank of #1 rather than #2, but surely that doesn't overcome 1 major and an additional major final.

Their title haul only differs by 1 International title, actually, 5-4 for Vika. And Sveta has made more finals, 32-25. Their record in Intl finals is 5-4 for Vika and 4-0 for Sveta.
faboozadoo15 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 6th, 2012, 11:27 AM   #1153
country flag Joelina

Joelina has a brilliant future Joelina has a brilliant future Joelina has a brilliant future Joelina has a brilliant future Joelina has a brilliant future Joelina has a brilliant future Joelina has a brilliant future Joelina has a brilliant future Joelina has a brilliant future Joelina has a brilliant future Joelina has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by lenas warriors View Post
why ignore the point on Dani too?

I dont get why this is meant to be subjective then criterion are too rigidly adhered to. Is Cornet a better player than Cibulkova as she peaked at 11 rather than 12?! Is she better than Kirilenko and Safarova too?!
this, why is Dokic there but Daniela not? she won all slams in doubles and was much more consistent than her

Kvitova Ivanovic Cepelova Hantuchova Jankovic
Joelina is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 6th, 2012, 11:29 AM   #1154
country flag Svetlana)))

Svetlana))) has a reputation beyond repute Svetlana))) has a reputation beyond repute Svetlana))) has a reputation beyond repute Svetlana))) has a reputation beyond repute Svetlana))) has a reputation beyond repute Svetlana))) has a reputation beyond repute Svetlana))) has a reputation beyond repute Svetlana))) has a reputation beyond repute Svetlana))) has a reputation beyond repute Svetlana))) has a reputation beyond repute Svetlana))) has a reputation beyond repute

What kinda flop/biased list? In which universe is Vika > GOATnetsova? 2 slam + 2 finals >> 1 slam + 1 final
Old Nov 6th, 2012, 12:28 PM   #1155
coolfish1103

coolfish1103 has a reputation beyond repute coolfish1103 has a reputation beyond repute coolfish1103 has a reputation beyond repute coolfish1103 has a reputation beyond repute coolfish1103 has a reputation beyond repute coolfish1103 has a reputation beyond repute coolfish1103 has a reputation beyond repute coolfish1103 has a reputation beyond repute coolfish1103 has a reputation beyond repute coolfish1103 has a reputation beyond repute coolfish1103 has a reputation beyond repute

I think ranking Azarenka in front of Kuznetsova is so wrong. Here is the way I rank.

In order to be ranked
- At least one of the following must occur in a player's singles career

1. Must have at minimum a GS final, or
2. Must be ranked Top 5 at least one week, or
3. Must win at least one Tier I equivalent tournament

Ranking Basis
- Singles event ONLY
- Each win tallies 1, final tallies as 0.5
- Rankings are not as important because points are generated from the amount of titles one receive

Grand Slam - 50%
Tier I, YEC, PM, P5, GSC and Equivalent - 30%
TOC and other WTA titles (no 125k) - 18%
Best rank - 1%
- If ranked 2 then 1/"2" = 0.5% will be received
Weeks #1 - 1%
- If never ranked #1 then receive 0

Bonuses
- Flat % add on to the rankings

1. Each Olympics Gold 5%, Silver 3%, Bronze 1%
2. Each Calendar Slam 5%, Career Slam 3%, Same slam 4 times+ 1%
3. Each Year End #1 1%

Player Ranking

More than 100% (due to bonuses)
1. Serena Williams - 111.64%

More than 75%
2. Venus Williams - 75.95%

More than 50%
3. Maria Sharapova - 55.73%
4. Kim Clijsters - 54.06% (she still exists in 2012)

More than 25%
5. Svetlana Kuznetsova - 25.21%
6. Caroline Wozniacki - 25.13%

The rest of Top 20
7. Victoria Azarenka - 24.21%
8. Jelena Jankovic - 22.37%
9. Vera Zvonareva - 19.65%
10. Ana Ivanovic - 16.80%
11. Nadia Petrova - 14.24%
12. Agniezska Radwanska - 12.06%
13. Petra Kvitova - 11.21%
13. Li Na - 11.21%