The 20 Greatest *Active Singles* Players on the WTA Tour - Page 4 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jul 2nd, 2005, 07:57 PM   #46
Chriskip

Chriskip has much to be proud of Chriskip has much to be proud of Chriskip has much to be proud of Chriskip has much to be proud of Chriskip has much to be proud of Chriskip has much to be proud of Chriskip has much to be proud of Chriskip has much to be proud of Chriskip has much to be proud of Chriskip has much to be proud of Chriskip has much to be proud of
5. Justine Henin-Hardenne
4 Slams, 1 Olympic Gold Medal, 24 other singles, 2 Doubles, 45 weeks at No. 1. YE No. 1: 2003.

Since when does Justine have 24 other titles? She has 23 titles in total up to the FRENCH OPEN win. That includes her 4 slams so she has 19 other singles then.....check again.....and I would check some of the other ones too to make sure.

Venus has 28 other as opposed to 26....need to update your list.

Lindsay does not have 47 other ....she has 47 total.

Last edited by Chriskip : Jul 3rd, 2005 at 01:51 AM.
Chriskip is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jul 2nd, 2005, 08:00 PM   #47
country flag 1jackson2001
psychotic banana

1jackson2001 has much to be proud of 1jackson2001 has much to be proud of 1jackson2001 has much to be proud of 1jackson2001 has much to be proud of 1jackson2001 has much to be proud of 1jackson2001 has much to be proud of 1jackson2001 has much to be proud of 1jackson2001 has much to be proud of 1jackson2001 has much to be proud of 1jackson2001 has much to be proud of 1jackson2001 has much to be proud of
Yea and Venus has 27 other singles titles (since she has a total of 33 now)....not 26 other.

V.E.S.W.
Wimbledon 00, 01, 05, 07, 08
US Open 00, 01
1jackson2001 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 2nd, 2005, 08:06 PM   #48
country flag sartrista7
Registered 1

sartrista7 has a brilliant future sartrista7 has a brilliant future sartrista7 has a brilliant future sartrista7 has a brilliant future sartrista7 has a brilliant future sartrista7 has a brilliant future sartrista7 has a brilliant future sartrista7 has a brilliant future sartrista7 has a brilliant future sartrista7 has a brilliant future sartrista7 has a brilliant future
It'd be interesting to discuss whether Venus has now overtaken Martina H.
sartrista7 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 2nd, 2005, 08:48 PM   #49
bobcat

bobcat is a name known to all bobcat is a name known to all bobcat is a name known to all bobcat is a name known to all bobcat is a name known to all bobcat is a name known to all bobcat is a name known to all bobcat is a name known to all bobcat is a name known to all bobcat is a name known to all bobcat is a name known to all
If you're going to count Monica as "active" then you'd have to add Navratilova to the list, too.
bobcat is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 2nd, 2005, 11:39 PM   #50
Tennis Fool

Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobcat
If you're going to count Monica as "active" then you'd have to add Navratilova to the list, too.
Still reticent to take Monica off the list yet, as she never officially retired. Nav offically retired in 1994 so I'm not putting her back on unless she comments to a full schedule.
PUTINTSEVA #1 PLAYER

MakarovaPavlyuchenkovaBarthelLisickiBeck DoloncTwinPliskovasPutintsevaPuchkovaSirotkinaPfizenmaier GavrilovaMituScholl
Tennis Fool is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 2nd, 2005, 11:51 PM   #51
VS Fan

VS Fan is a splendid one to behold VS Fan is a splendid one to behold VS Fan is a splendid one to behold VS Fan is a splendid one to behold VS Fan is a splendid one to behold VS Fan is a splendid one to behold VS Fan is a splendid one to behold VS Fan is a splendid one to behold VS Fan is a splendid one to behold VS Fan is a splendid one to behold VS Fan is a splendid one to behold
Both Venus and Serena hold TWO SLAM mixed doubles titles and Serena has a doubles title playing with Alex Stevenson! Imagine that!
VS Fan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 3rd, 2005, 12:25 AM   #52
country flag Lady

Lady has a reputation beyond repute Lady has a reputation beyond repute Lady has a reputation beyond repute Lady has a reputation beyond repute Lady has a reputation beyond repute Lady has a reputation beyond repute Lady has a reputation beyond repute Lady has a reputation beyond repute Lady has a reputation beyond repute Lady has a reputation beyond repute Lady has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chriskip
5. Justine Henin-Hardenne
4 Slams, 1 Olympic Gold Medal, 24 other singles, 2 Doubles, 45 weeks at No. 1. YE No. 1: 2003.

Since when does Justine have 24 other titles? She has 23 titles in total up to the FRENCH OPEN win. That includes her 4 slams so she has 19 other singles then.....check again.....and I would check some of the other ones too to make sure.

Venus has 28 other as opposed to 26....need to update your list.

Lindsay has 43 other not 47....she has 47 total.
Justine and 24 titles are taken from WTATour.com. So it's official wrong stats!

The real LADY of the Justine Philistines' Society™
Lady is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 8th, 2005, 04:22 AM   #53
Tennis Fool

Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute
I've "retired" Monica and Jennifer from the Active list since they both have not played this year and have no immediate plans to return.

2005 US Open:

If Mary or Maria wins, they will be on par with similar careers. If Kim wins, she will leapfrog over Maria. If ElenaD wins, she will move from 12 to 6.
PUTINTSEVA #1 PLAYER

MakarovaPavlyuchenkovaBarthelLisickiBeck DoloncTwinPliskovasPutintsevaPuchkovaSirotkinaPfizenmaier GavrilovaMituScholl
Old Sep 8th, 2005, 04:27 AM   #54
country flag jfk

jfk is a splendid one to behold jfk is a splendid one to behold jfk is a splendid one to behold jfk is a splendid one to behold jfk is a splendid one to behold jfk is a splendid one to behold jfk is a splendid one to behold jfk is a splendid one to behold jfk is a splendid one to behold jfk is a splendid one to behold jfk is a splendid one to behold
Jennifer has an immediate plan to return. She's in entry lists for upcoming tournaments! Even if she doesn't play them, she will return for next year. All reports have said this. I assume you wouldn't have removed the Belgians last year when they were out.....but it's the same thing.

But yeah, Seles, for all intents and purposes, is out for good. Very sad.
jfk is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 10th, 2005, 07:38 AM   #55
Tennis Fool

Bump. Reflecting Maggie Maleeva's retirement. Dannie H. has moved to the 20th spot.
PUTINTSEVA #1 PLAYER

Old Sep 10th, 2005, 08:25 AM   #56
country flag Shonami Slam

Shonami Slam has a reputation beyond repute Shonami Slam has a reputation beyond repute Shonami Slam has a reputation beyond repute Shonami Slam has a reputation beyond repute Shonami Slam has a reputation beyond repute Shonami Slam has a reputation beyond repute Shonami Slam has a reputation beyond repute Shonami Slam has a reputation beyond repute Shonami Slam has a reputation beyond repute Shonami Slam has a reputation beyond repute Shonami Slam has a reputation beyond repute
Raymond should be up there, at least instead of huntuchova.
2 time QF (as opposed to dani's 3) 4 mixed doubles (equaled) but 3 doubles GS (us, AO and WB) and 46 double titles in total.
apart the singles part where she trails by a QF apearance - she's equal or more accomplished with 4 single titles and an overwhelming 46 doubles titles.
if you have nothing important to say, please do so in non-tennis forum. if you have something you think is important, but is actually rubbish regarding anything other than tennis - please do so in the non-tennis forum. if you have something tennis related to say, but it's actually "OMG, X player is so h0t!1" or "who has the biggest boobs on the wtatour" please do so in menstennisforum, under "wta forum". if you have something important, tennis-related and interesting to say please do so. No one in the world can understand how much tennis means to someone, except another fan.
Shonami Slam is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 10th, 2005, 08:27 AM   #57
country flag ceiling_fan

ceiling_fan has a reputation beyond repute ceiling_fan has a reputation beyond repute ceiling_fan has a reputation beyond repute ceiling_fan has a reputation beyond repute ceiling_fan has a reputation beyond repute ceiling_fan has a reputation beyond repute ceiling_fan has a reputation beyond repute ceiling_fan has a reputation beyond repute ceiling_fan has a reputation beyond repute ceiling_fan has a reputation beyond repute ceiling_fan has a reputation beyond repute
woot dani is up there now thanks to maleeva
ceiling_fan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 10th, 2005, 08:28 AM   #58
country flag MistyGrey

MistyGrey has a reputation beyond repute MistyGrey has a reputation beyond repute MistyGrey has a reputation beyond repute MistyGrey has a reputation beyond repute MistyGrey has a reputation beyond repute MistyGrey has a reputation beyond repute MistyGrey has a reputation beyond repute MistyGrey has a reputation beyond repute MistyGrey has a reputation beyond repute MistyGrey has a reputation beyond repute MistyGrey has a reputation beyond repute
Why is Mary's Wimbledon mixed not on the list..
MistyGrey is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 10th, 2005, 08:28 AM   #59
country flag Shonami Slam

Shonami Slam has a reputation beyond repute Shonami Slam has a reputation beyond repute Shonami Slam has a reputation beyond repute Shonami Slam has a reputation beyond repute Shonami Slam has a reputation beyond repute Shonami Slam has a reputation beyond repute Shonami Slam has a reputation beyond repute Shonami Slam has a reputation beyond repute Shonami Slam has a reputation beyond repute Shonami Slam has a reputation beyond repute Shonami Slam has a reputation beyond repute
k - Schiavone, Zvonareva, Shaugnessy are my next candidates (not in any particuler order) if needed to fill in the list.
if you have nothing important to say, please do so in non-tennis forum. if you have something you think is important, but is actually rubbish regarding anything other than tennis - please do so in the non-tennis forum. if you have something tennis related to say, but it's actually "OMG, X player is so h0t!1" or "who has the biggest boobs on the wtatour" please do so in menstennisforum, under "wta forum". if you have something important, tennis-related and interesting to say please do so. No one in the world can understand how much tennis means to someone, except another fan.
Shonami Slam is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 11th, 2005, 02:30 AM   #60
Tennis Fool

I've considered Lisa but those with singles victories in Slams plus ranking are considered first. LR is #21, actually.

I've done some rearranging. Kim is now #6, just behind the woman she beat today. I've put Justine ahead of Lindsay.
PUTINTSEVA #1 PLAYER

Last edited by Tennis Fool : Sep 11th, 2005 at 02:41 AM.