Will Martina Navratilova announce her retirement at US Open? - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Sep 4th, 2004, 12:44 AM   #1
country flag GoldenSlam
Banned

GoldenSlam is an unknown quantity at this point GoldenSlam is an unknown quantity at this point GoldenSlam is an unknown quantity at this point GoldenSlam is an unknown quantity at this point GoldenSlam is an unknown quantity at this point GoldenSlam is an unknown quantity at this point GoldenSlam is an unknown quantity at this point GoldenSlam is an unknown quantity at this point GoldenSlam is an unknown quantity at this point GoldenSlam is an unknown quantity at this point GoldenSlam is an unknown quantity at this point
Will Martina Navratilova announce her retirement at US Open?

She said she was going to retire this year and she already played Olympics.
So US Open will be the perfect place for her to retire, as much as I dont want to see her go....
So could she possibly announce her retirement right after she wins US Open?.
GoldenSlam is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Sep 4th, 2004, 12:56 AM   #2
country flag thelittlestelf

thelittlestelf has a reputation beyond repute thelittlestelf has a reputation beyond repute thelittlestelf has a reputation beyond repute thelittlestelf has a reputation beyond repute thelittlestelf has a reputation beyond repute thelittlestelf has a reputation beyond repute thelittlestelf has a reputation beyond repute thelittlestelf has a reputation beyond repute thelittlestelf has a reputation beyond repute thelittlestelf has a reputation beyond repute thelittlestelf has a reputation beyond repute
Wouldn't surprise me

LINDSAYDAVENPORT MARTINAHINGIS SERENAWILLIAMS MONICASELES CHANDARUBIN DANIELAHANTUCHOVA JENNIFERCAPRIATI MARYPIERCE JELENADOKIC KIMCLIJSTERS ANNAKOURNIKOVA JILLCRAYBAS
thelittlestelf is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 4th, 2004, 01:00 AM   #3
country flag ico4498
My Queen ah di original champion.

ico4498 has a reputation beyond repute ico4498 has a reputation beyond repute ico4498 has a reputation beyond repute ico4498 has a reputation beyond repute ico4498 has a reputation beyond repute ico4498 has a reputation beyond repute ico4498 has a reputation beyond repute ico4498 has a reputation beyond repute ico4498 has a reputation beyond repute ico4498 has a reputation beyond repute ico4498 has a reputation beyond repute
why would Martina retire?

gotta set an example for the competitive Martinas ... erase the memory of quitter Tina.

ico4498 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 4th, 2004, 02:49 AM   #4
CoryAnnAvants#1

CoryAnnAvants#1 has a reputation beyond repute CoryAnnAvants#1 has a reputation beyond repute CoryAnnAvants#1 has a reputation beyond repute CoryAnnAvants#1 has a reputation beyond repute CoryAnnAvants#1 has a reputation beyond repute CoryAnnAvants#1 has a reputation beyond repute CoryAnnAvants#1 has a reputation beyond repute CoryAnnAvants#1 has a reputation beyond repute CoryAnnAvants#1 has a reputation beyond repute CoryAnnAvants#1 has a reputation beyond repute CoryAnnAvants#1 has a reputation beyond repute
Believe it or not she may not be ruling out playing next year. She labeled it a "possibility, not a probability."

You know what that means...the bitch ain't going nowhere. I bet she plays with Sugiyama next year.
CoryAnnAvants#1 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 4th, 2004, 09:18 AM   #5
country flag mn73

mn73 is a splendid one to behold mn73 is a splendid one to behold mn73 is a splendid one to behold mn73 is a splendid one to behold mn73 is a splendid one to behold mn73 is a splendid one to behold mn73 is a splendid one to behold mn73 is a splendid one to behold mn73 is a splendid one to behold mn73 is a splendid one to behold mn73 is a splendid one to behold
I doubt she will retire, she still has a decent chance of the end-of-year championships with Lisa Raymond, and Raymond missed last year due to Davenport's injury (or the year before, can't remember).

Jelena Jankovic : US Open finalist 2008 and World No. 1

Jennifer Capriati : 3 Grand Slams, Olympic Gold and World No.1

[center]Rafael Nadal : 10 Grand Slams, Olympic Gold and World No.1 [/center]
mn73 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 4th, 2004, 09:33 AM   #6
country flag Andy T

Andy T has a reputation beyond repute Andy T has a reputation beyond repute Andy T has a reputation beyond repute Andy T has a reputation beyond repute Andy T has a reputation beyond repute Andy T has a reputation beyond repute Andy T has a reputation beyond repute Andy T has a reputation beyond repute Andy T has a reputation beyond repute Andy T has a reputation beyond repute Andy T has a reputation beyond repute
I'm hoping she'll play out the year. As Mark says, she and Lisa are currently 5th in the race for the YEC and, with two of the pairs ranked above them already out of the Open, they have a good chance of qualifying if they do well here. If Martina and Lisa struck a deal to play together all year, I think they'd stick with that.

*Science without Humanity *Knowledge without Character

*Politics without Principle *Commerce without Morality

*Worship without Sacrifice
Andy T is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote