How come Maria doesn't go to the net more often? - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Sep 1st, 2004, 06:10 AM   #1
country flag mrush2004

mrush2004 is just really nice mrush2004 is just really nice mrush2004 is just really nice mrush2004 is just really nice mrush2004 is just really nice mrush2004 is just really nice mrush2004 is just really nice mrush2004 is just really nice mrush2004 is just really nice mrush2004 is just really nice mrush2004 is just really nice
How come Maria doesn't go to the net more often?

she was 15/16 =94% today and as soon as she was down i think it was like 5-4 in the 3rd set she again played more aggressively and went to the net, I remember that lob that Laura(not sure if thats her name lol) did over Masha and it was out but Masha was going to the net.

The first set she was going to the net and getting easy points but than in the 2nd set she played more passively and didnt dictate the points. Hopefully her coach and shiet tell her to go to the net more often cause she is good at it. well thats just my opinion anyways. I almost had a heartattack when she was down but glad she won!
mrush2004 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Sep 1st, 2004, 06:50 AM   #2
country flag Sharapower

Sharapower has a brilliant future Sharapower has a brilliant future Sharapower has a brilliant future Sharapower has a brilliant future Sharapower has a brilliant future Sharapower has a brilliant future Sharapower has a brilliant future Sharapower has a brilliant future Sharapower has a brilliant future Sharapower has a brilliant future Sharapower has a brilliant future
I feel really the same : Masha had lot of opportunities to come in but she didn't and then she lost a bunch of points by trying to make it from the baseline.

Hopefully, playing the mixed doubles (pairing with Mirnyi) is going to help her increase her confidence at the net.

With such a serve, Masha could even serve and volley, even on 2nd serve. If she adds more net-play to her game she will put a quite unbearable pressure on any opponent.
Sharapower is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 1st, 2004, 07:27 AM   #3
country flag Dan23

Dan23 has a reputation beyond repute Dan23 has a reputation beyond repute Dan23 has a reputation beyond repute Dan23 has a reputation beyond repute Dan23 has a reputation beyond repute Dan23 has a reputation beyond repute Dan23 has a reputation beyond repute Dan23 has a reputation beyond repute Dan23 has a reputation beyond repute Dan23 has a reputation beyond repute Dan23 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrush2004
she was 15/16 =94% today and as soon as she was down i think it was like 5-4 in the 3rd set she again played more aggressively and went to the net, I remember that lob that Laura(not sure if thats her name lol) did over Masha and it was out but Masha was going to the net.

The first set she was going to the net and getting easy points but than in the 2nd set she played more passively and didnt dictate the points. Hopefully her coach and shiet tell her to go to the net more often cause she is good at it. well thats just my opinion anyways. I almost had a heartattack when she was down but glad she won!
True in a way mrush
..but the 2nd set was when Laura picked up her game considerably and was hitting the ball much deeper and more accurately which made it harder for Maria to put her under pressure and push up to the net.
pavlyuchenkova

Dan23 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 1st, 2004, 08:57 AM   #4
country flag Lemonskin.

Lemonskin. has a reputation beyond repute Lemonskin. has a reputation beyond repute Lemonskin. has a reputation beyond repute Lemonskin. has a reputation beyond repute Lemonskin. has a reputation beyond repute Lemonskin. has a reputation beyond repute Lemonskin. has a reputation beyond repute Lemonskin. has a reputation beyond repute Lemonskin. has a reputation beyond repute Lemonskin. has a reputation beyond repute Lemonskin. has a reputation beyond repute
It's just not her game so much. She's more of a baseline hitter.
grumblemeyer-spelterwasser-kurstlich-himbleeisen-bahnwagen-gutenabend-bitte-ein-
nürnburger-bratwustle-gerspurten-mitz-weimache-luber-hundsfut-gumberaber-shönedanker-
kalbsfleisch-mittler-aucher von Hautkopft of Ulm?
Lemonskin. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 1st, 2004, 10:21 AM   #5
country flag sharapovarulz1
She came to play.......

sharapovarulz1 has a reputation beyond repute sharapovarulz1 has a reputation beyond repute sharapovarulz1 has a reputation beyond repute sharapovarulz1 has a reputation beyond repute sharapovarulz1 has a reputation beyond repute sharapovarulz1 has a reputation beyond repute sharapovarulz1 has a reputation beyond repute sharapovarulz1 has a reputation beyond repute sharapovarulz1 has a reputation beyond repute sharapovarulz1 has a reputation beyond repute sharapovarulz1 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by lemonskin
It's just not her game so much. She's more of a baseline hitter.
Yeah thats true lemonskin!!!

Official Right Midfielder Of The Sveta Football Team
sharapovarulz1 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote