Rika Fujiwara Cheering Thread!!! - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Aug 24th, 2004, 10:26 PM   #1
country flag pcrtennis

pcrtennis has a brilliant future pcrtennis has a brilliant future pcrtennis has a brilliant future pcrtennis has a brilliant future pcrtennis has a brilliant future pcrtennis has a brilliant future pcrtennis has a brilliant future pcrtennis has a brilliant future pcrtennis has a brilliant future pcrtennis has a brilliant future pcrtennis has a brilliant future
Rika Fujiwara Cheering Thread!!!

She may have already had one but I wanted to start a new one with the news that she WON her first round US Open Qualifying match today 7-5, 6-7(5), 6-3 over the 16 seed Selima Sfar!!! She was down 5-2 in the first set and came back! In the third however she was up 4-1 and had a bit of a scare! It wouldn't be a Rika F match without drama!

She now plays Cory Ann Avants in the next round who had a looong match in her first round against Neha Uberoi!

I have see Avants play and Rika should be able to win this one in straights, but you never know with her.

Good luck Rika!!!!

She is currently 219, but with this win she should move up significantly!!!
Advertisement

Old Aug 30th, 2004, 09:43 PM   #2
country flag pcrtennis

pcrtennis has a brilliant future pcrtennis has a brilliant future pcrtennis has a brilliant future pcrtennis has a brilliant future pcrtennis has a brilliant future pcrtennis has a brilliant future pcrtennis has a brilliant future pcrtennis has a brilliant future pcrtennis has a brilliant future pcrtennis has a brilliant future pcrtennis has a brilliant future
Better late then never...

Rika got to the final round in qualifying with two very impressive, hard-fought wins. Unfortunately she wasn't able to close out the first set against Chakvetadze when leading 5-2 and set points. She lost 6-7(6), 2-6. Though it was a disappointing loss, this result will move Rika inside the top 200 for the first time a a year or two.

Good luck in Doubles with Shinobu, Rika!!!
Old Aug 31st, 2004, 02:49 PM   #3
country flag blerr

blerr has a brilliant future blerr has a brilliant future blerr has a brilliant future blerr has a brilliant future blerr has a brilliant future blerr has a brilliant future blerr has a brilliant future blerr has a brilliant future blerr has a brilliant future blerr has a brilliant future blerr has a brilliant future
Too bad Rika! Keep fightin' hard!!!!
blerr is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 12th, 2004, 11:16 PM   #4
country flag pcrtennis

Rika won the 25K tourney in Ibaraki!!!!! She beat Shiho Hisamatsu 3-6, 7-5, 6-0 in the final!!!!! She's been on a roll of late and this big win should bring her ranking up about 20 spots, she's currenlty #194!!!! Go Rika!!!!
Old Sep 19th, 2004, 06:12 AM   #5
country flag pcrtennis

Rika beat Milagros Sequera 6-2, 7-5!!! A very very impressive win over a top 100 player!!! Rika hasn't played this well since a couple of years ago!! I think she's even better now with two 25k wins and solid wins at the USO and here in Beijing!!! Her ranking is going to move up very quickly now!!!
Old Sep 19th, 2004, 06:37 PM   #6
country flag pcrtennis

HAPPY 23rd BIRTHDAY RIKA!
Old Oct 5th, 2004, 08:53 PM   #7
country flag pcrtennis

Rika beat Saori Obata 6-4, 6-4 to advance to the 2nd round in Tokyo! She now plays Linteskaya, should be tough but it's very winnable!
Old Jan 1st, 2005, 08:43 PM   #8
country flag pcrtennis

Rika lost her first round qualifying match today having to retire at 6-1, 3-0. Hopefully she's okay so she can play again next week. These were the scheduled first three tournaments of her year:

01/03-01/08 ASB Classic Auckland
01/09-01/14 Moorilla International
01/17-01/30 Australian Open

GO RIKA!
Old Jan 6th, 2005, 04:40 AM   #9
country flag ex hopman

ex hopman has much to be proud of ex hopman has much to be proud of ex hopman has much to be proud of ex hopman has much to be proud of ex hopman has much to be proud of ex hopman has much to be proud of ex hopman has much to be proud of ex hopman has much to be proud of ex hopman has much to be proud of ex hopman has much to be proud of ex hopman has much to be proud of
Rika was very sick over the New Year's... she's recovering now tho!

ex hopman is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 6th, 2005, 04:44 AM   #10
country flag pcrtennis

Go Rika!
Old Mar 12th, 2005, 09:06 PM   #11
country flag pcrtennis

Rika is having BY FAR the best result of her career! Some incredible wins so far!

IN THE QUALIFYING
She beat Cohen Aloro 2-6, 6-4, 6-3 and then she took out Czink 6-3, 6-2

IN THE MAIN DRAW
She took out Jidkova 6-3, 6-3 in the first round. Up until then, probably her best career win as Jidkova is a very talented player! Then the big one, she took out the 17 Schiavone 6-3, 7-6(5)!! Incredible! Now she plays Benesova! She should be able to take out Benesova in this kind of form!!

The most remarkable thing about this run is that she usually chokes at big moments. Here she's fought back as usual but then has been able to close them out!! That should be huge for her confidence!! This is why I expect her to take out Benesova but who knows! Then she could play Kuznetsova and we could possibly see her on TV!

GREAT RUN FOR RIKA!!! Her ranking will move up to 219 after this tournament already so let's hope for another win and crack the top 100 for the first time. She's already near a career high!
Old Mar 12th, 2005, 09:52 PM   #12
country flag V.Melb

V.Melb has a reputation beyond repute V.Melb has a reputation beyond repute V.Melb has a reputation beyond repute V.Melb has a reputation beyond repute V.Melb has a reputation beyond repute V.Melb has a reputation beyond repute V.Melb has a reputation beyond repute V.Melb has a reputation beyond repute V.Melb has a reputation beyond repute V.Melb has a reputation beyond repute V.Melb has a reputation beyond repute
119. .... excellent. i really hope she keeps this form up!
V.Melb is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 13th, 2005, 02:25 AM   #13
country flag AyumiMorita

AyumiMorita has much to be proud of AyumiMorita has much to be proud of AyumiMorita has much to be proud of AyumiMorita has much to be proud of AyumiMorita has much to be proud of AyumiMorita has much to be proud of AyumiMorita has much to be proud of AyumiMorita has much to be proud of AyumiMorita has much to be proud of AyumiMorita has much to be proud of AyumiMorita has much to be proud of
If Rika continues to serve well ....

She could go deep
Doubles: 2007 - $50,000 Gifu (w/ Ai Sugiyama); $50,000 Fukuoka (w/ A. Yonemura)
"My dream is to become a top ten player."
AyumiMorita is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 13th, 2005, 12:10 PM   #14
country flag Ellery
It's like cool epilepsy.

Ellery has a reputation beyond repute Ellery has a reputation beyond repute Ellery has a reputation beyond repute Ellery has a reputation beyond repute Ellery has a reputation beyond repute Ellery has a reputation beyond repute Ellery has a reputation beyond repute Ellery has a reputation beyond repute Ellery has a reputation beyond repute Ellery has a reputation beyond repute Ellery has a reputation beyond repute
Good luck, Rika, for match vs Benesova!
Ellery is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 13th, 2005, 07:24 PM   #15
country flag pcrtennis

Rika defeated Benesova just now 7-6(1), 7-6(3)....another impressive win!! It was a crazy match with a lot of momentum switches. Rika was up 4-1 in the first and fell behind 4-5....then she fought back and won the TB very easily. In the second set it started off close, then Benesova took a 5-2 lead and Rika was serving at 2-5 and 0-40! She fought off the set points and climbed back into the set, saving a few more SP's on the way. She went up 6-5 but then lost serve in a close game. She bounced back and took another commanding lead in the TB and never looked back!!!! What a tournament for Rika! Now she'll most likely play Kuznetsova in the next round! What a great experience! And in this form, who knows, maybe she'll come up with something special against Kuznetsova!!!!! GO RIKA!