Friday Qualy Report - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Aug 20th, 2004, 09:44 PM   #1
country flag Andrew.
A winner is me.

Andrew. is a splendid one to behold Andrew. is a splendid one to behold Andrew. is a splendid one to behold Andrew. is a splendid one to behold Andrew. is a splendid one to behold Andrew. is a splendid one to behold Andrew. is a splendid one to behold Andrew. is a splendid one to behold Andrew. is a splendid one to behold Andrew. is a splendid one to behold Andrew. is a splendid one to behold
Friday Qualy Report

What a wacky day. Everything was over by 3:30 pm because of all the last minute walkovers....

Lepchenko def. Freeman-Young 6-0 6-1

Believe it or not, this match could have been much closer. Elisabeth had break points in quite a few games that she couldn't convert. Other than that the match was hideously boring.

Abramovic def. Vakulenko 6-0 6-2

Every game in the first set went to deuce. The first game alone went to deuce ten times. Julia was playing pretty well too, but just went ugly on the big points. She called trainer at 0-6 0-3, and managed to hold serve twice.

Razzano def. Dellacqua 6-2 1-6 6-2

What a freakish match. Razzano came out on fire and was hitting boats of winners. I left after that set, then by the time I came back the players were off court on a heat break after Dellacqua won the second set. When they returned, Razzano was very consistent, and Dellacqua really started to lose it. She was tossing her racquet, swearing, and hit a ball right at Razzano's head, which barely missed. She got a warning, then tanked the last few games.

Callens def. D'Henin 6-3 6-1

I only saw parts of this match. D'Henin is huge and doesn't move, so Callens kept hitting drop shots and end.

Irvin def. Sescioreanu 4-5 ret.

I only saw the last few points of this match. Marissa had a massive serve down the tee, and Sescioreanu just got it to barely go over the net. Instead of just going for the huge winner, Marissa was crafty and hit this amazing drop shot. Sescioreanu ran to get it, but missed and slid into the net, injuring her knee.
Advertisement

Old Aug 20th, 2004, 10:45 PM   #2
country flag rated_next

rated_next has a reputation beyond repute rated_next has a reputation beyond repute rated_next has a reputation beyond repute rated_next has a reputation beyond repute rated_next has a reputation beyond repute rated_next has a reputation beyond repute rated_next has a reputation beyond repute rated_next has a reputation beyond repute rated_next has a reputation beyond repute rated_next has a reputation beyond repute rated_next has a reputation beyond repute
thanks andrew

does delia's injury look serious, or do you think she'll be fine by the us open?
rated_next is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 21st, 2004, 12:26 AM   #3
country flag GoDominique

GoDominique has a reputation beyond repute GoDominique has a reputation beyond repute GoDominique has a reputation beyond repute GoDominique has a reputation beyond repute GoDominique has a reputation beyond repute GoDominique has a reputation beyond repute GoDominique has a reputation beyond repute GoDominique has a reputation beyond repute GoDominique has a reputation beyond repute GoDominique has a reputation beyond repute GoDominique has a reputation beyond repute
Thanks. More on Freeman-Young please.
GoDominique is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 21st, 2004, 12:54 AM   #4
country flag treiber04
Banned

treiber04 is a jewel in the rough treiber04 is a jewel in the rough treiber04 is a jewel in the rough treiber04 is a jewel in the rough treiber04 is a jewel in the rough treiber04 is a jewel in the rough treiber04 is a jewel in the rough treiber04 is a jewel in the rough treiber04 is a jewel in the rough treiber04 is a jewel in the rough treiber04 is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew.

I only saw parts of this match. D'Henin is huge and doesn't move, so Callens kept hitting drop shots and end.
treiber04 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 21st, 2004, 01:20 AM   #5
country flag Andrew.
A winner is me.

Andrew. is a splendid one to behold Andrew. is a splendid one to behold Andrew. is a splendid one to behold Andrew. is a splendid one to behold Andrew. is a splendid one to behold Andrew. is a splendid one to behold Andrew. is a splendid one to behold Andrew. is a splendid one to behold Andrew. is a splendid one to behold Andrew. is a splendid one to behold Andrew. is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoDominique
Thanks. More on Freeman-Young please.
She is 49 years old and I believe this is her first WTA event. She is "coached", if you can call it that, by her 17 year old daughter. Her groundies are real fluff. They were constantly being killed. But for a 49 year old she moves damn well. I was really shocked by this. She was actually staying in alot of points by getting those balls back and eventually her opponent would make the error. She had her chances actually, especially in the second set. I believe she had two game points in two of her four service games in the second set, and one in another service game. She also had break points in one of her opponent's service games in that second set. She actually really could have made it a much closer second set. She was really pleasant to the fans after the match. There were only like three, but she talked to them for about 5 minutes after talknig about how she was very happy about getting a game and how she's improved.
Old Aug 21st, 2004, 02:24 AM   #6
country flag GoDominique

GoDominique has a reputation beyond repute GoDominique has a reputation beyond repute GoDominique has a reputation beyond repute GoDominique has a reputation beyond repute GoDominique has a reputation beyond repute GoDominique has a reputation beyond repute GoDominique has a reputation beyond repute GoDominique has a reputation beyond repute GoDominique has a reputation beyond repute GoDominique has a reputation beyond repute GoDominique has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
She is 49 years old and I believe this is her first WTA event. She is "coached", if you can call it that, by her 17 year old daughter. Her groundies are real fluff. They were constantly being killed. But for a 49 year old she moves damn well. I was really shocked by this. She was actually staying in alot of points by getting those balls back and eventually her opponent would make the error. She had her chances actually, especially in the second set. I believe she had two game points in two of her four service games in the second set, and one in another service game. She also had break points in one of her opponent's service games in that second set. She actually really could have made it a much closer second set. She was really pleasant to the fans after the match. There were only like three, but she talked to them for about 5 minutes after talknig about how she was very happy about getting a game and how she's improved.
Thanks very much. It's already her 2nd WTA event after Cincinnati last week.
GoDominique is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 21st, 2004, 02:29 AM   #7
country flag ZAK

ZAK has a brilliant future ZAK has a brilliant future ZAK has a brilliant future ZAK has a brilliant future ZAK has a brilliant future ZAK has a brilliant future ZAK has a brilliant future ZAK has a brilliant future ZAK has a brilliant future ZAK has a brilliant future ZAK has a brilliant future
Thank you for the report
Old Aug 21st, 2004, 06:16 AM   #8
country flag ghosts
Team WTAworld

ghosts has a reputation beyond repute ghosts has a reputation beyond repute ghosts has a reputation beyond repute ghosts has a reputation beyond repute ghosts has a reputation beyond repute ghosts has a reputation beyond repute ghosts has a reputation beyond repute ghosts has a reputation beyond repute ghosts has a reputation beyond repute ghosts has a reputation beyond repute ghosts has a reputation beyond repute
Delia

My #1 in tennis
>> Tsvetana Pironkova <<

ghosts is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 21st, 2004, 07:21 AM   #9
country flag esquímaux
Team WTAworld

esquímaux has a reputation beyond repute esquímaux has a reputation beyond repute esquímaux has a reputation beyond repute esquímaux has a reputation beyond repute esquímaux has a reputation beyond repute esquímaux has a reputation beyond repute esquímaux has a reputation beyond repute esquímaux has a reputation beyond repute esquímaux has a reputation beyond repute esquímaux has a reputation beyond repute esquímaux has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:

Caroline! Caroline!
All the guys would say she's mighty fine
But mighty fine only got you somewhere half the time
And the other half either got you cursed out, or coming up short
Yeah, now dig this, even though
You'd need a golden calculator to divide
The time it took to look inside and realize that
Real guys go for real down to Mars girls, yeah!

Outkast - Roses

"恐れてはいけない. 私は最初であり, 最後である"
esquímaux is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 21st, 2004, 12:17 PM   #10
country flag Dymension

Dymension is a splendid one to behold Dymension is a splendid one to behold Dymension is a splendid one to behold Dymension is a splendid one to behold Dymension is a splendid one to behold Dymension is a splendid one to behold Dymension is a splendid one to behold Dymension is a splendid one to behold Dymension is a splendid one to behold Dymension is a splendid one to behold Dymension is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by esquímaux
Caroline! Caroline!
All the guys would say she's mighty fine
But mighty fine only got you somewhere half the time
And the other half either got you cursed out, or coming up short
Yeah, now dig this, even though
You'd need a golden calculator to divide
The time it took to look inside and realize that
Real guys go for real down to Mars girls, yeah!

Outkast - Roses

Dymension is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote