Motorola Announces International Marketing Relationship With Maria Sharapova - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Aug 20th, 2004, 02:37 PM   #1
country flag Edward.

Edward. has a reputation beyond repute Edward. has a reputation beyond repute Edward. has a reputation beyond repute Edward. has a reputation beyond repute Edward. has a reputation beyond repute Edward. has a reputation beyond repute Edward. has a reputation beyond repute Edward. has a reputation beyond repute Edward. has a reputation beyond repute Edward. has a reputation beyond repute Edward. has a reputation beyond repute
Motorola Announces International Marketing Relationship With Maria Sharapova

Quote:
Today, Motorola announced a global marketing agreement with Wimbledon Champion and rising pop-culture icon Maria Sharapova. The multi-year relationship will not only include global advertising and event appearances but will also allow fans to stay connected to Maria via Web-based content. Financial terms of the agreement were not disclosed. As a tech-savvy 17 year-old who is on the road 30 weeks out of the year, Sharapova embodies the need for seamless mobility. Her international travel schedule and desire to constantly remain connected with family, friends and business relationships clearly demonstrates a powerful connection to the needs of Motorola's target consumer. "Our interest in Maria Sharapova wasn't about having an athlete endorsing our product. We believe Maria connects with a new breed of consumers seeking global connectivity through stylishly engineered products that fit their lifestyles," said Senior Vice President and Chief Brand Officer Geoffrey Frost, Motorola, Inc. "My phone is always with me and Motorola's products will allow me to stay connected wherever I am in the world," said Maria Sharapova. "I am really looking forward to everything I can do anytime, from downloading iTunes(TM) music to my phone to taking photos to checking my e-mail." The Sharapova relationship comes on the heels of several groundbreaking product and partnership announcements from Motorola that will create a seamless mobile experience for customers. The announcements included handsets featuring push-to-talk technology, 3G, EDGE, megapixel camera technology, enterprise and home network solutions. Sharapova, the world's eighth ranked tennis player, was one of the youngest champions ever at Wimbledon. She has built a global fan base, captivating all with her style, intelligence, wit and poise beyond her years. A truly global personality who possesses a champion's desire to succeed, Sharapova seems destined to join the ranks of the world's great athletes who transcend their sport to become global icons. Among the products Sharapova will use are the: Motorola RAZR V3 -- The ultra-thin Motorola RAZR V3 (just under 14mm) features a large (2.2") display, external color display viewfinder, integrated camera, Bluetooth(TM) wireless technology, MPEG video playback, and a 3D graphics engine. Ojo(TM) Personal Video Phone -- The Motorola Ojo(TM) Personal Video Phone enables true-to-life, face-to-face communications with full-motion video and synchronized audio. Maria's mother lives in Russia, while she trains in Florida. Ojo will provide more personal conversations by using broadband to bridge the physical distance between them. About Motorola Motorola, Inc. (NYSE: MOT - News) is a global leader in wireless, broadband and automotive communications technologies that help make life smarter, safer, simpler, synchronized and fun. Sales in 2003 were US$27.1 billion. Motorola creates innovative technological solutions that benefit people at home, at work and on the move. The company also is a progressive corporate citizen dedicated to operating ethically, protecting the environment and supporting the communities in which it does business. For more information, please visit http://www.motorola.com . MOTOROLA and the Stylized M Logo are registered in the US Patent & Trademark Office. All other product or service names are the property of their respective owners.
Taken from Mariaworld.net and Motorola.com

Nice to see Maria is branching out. This endorsement will really put her on the world stage.

Official Wiseguy of the Maria Mafia.
1305 ..Eternal follower of the Golden Girl
Edward. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Aug 20th, 2004, 02:43 PM   #2
country flag Dan23

Dan23 has a reputation beyond repute Dan23 has a reputation beyond repute Dan23 has a reputation beyond repute Dan23 has a reputation beyond repute Dan23 has a reputation beyond repute Dan23 has a reputation beyond repute Dan23 has a reputation beyond repute Dan23 has a reputation beyond repute Dan23 has a reputation beyond repute Dan23 has a reputation beyond repute Dan23 has a reputation beyond repute
Yeah some pretty big $$ I would think.
..and I reckon Maria will be real happy to play with all the new toys they give her too
pavlyuchenkova

Dan23 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 20th, 2004, 02:48 PM   #3
country flag Edward.

Edward. has a reputation beyond repute Edward. has a reputation beyond repute Edward. has a reputation beyond repute Edward. has a reputation beyond repute Edward. has a reputation beyond repute Edward. has a reputation beyond repute Edward. has a reputation beyond repute Edward. has a reputation beyond repute Edward. has a reputation beyond repute Edward. has a reputation beyond repute Edward. has a reputation beyond repute
It says she uses iTunes....cool girl, I do too!

This is her biggest endorsement yet. She will far more recognised the world over. The temptation of fame will be even greater. But Maria must stay focused on her tennis.

Old Aug 20th, 2004, 02:59 PM   #4
country flag Dan23

Dan23 has a reputation beyond repute Dan23 has a reputation beyond repute Dan23 has a reputation beyond repute Dan23 has a reputation beyond repute Dan23 has a reputation beyond repute Dan23 has a reputation beyond repute Dan23 has a reputation beyond repute Dan23 has a reputation beyond repute Dan23 has a reputation beyond repute Dan23 has a reputation beyond repute Dan23 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddyday
It says she uses iTunes....cool girl, I do too!

This is her biggest endorsement yet. She will far more recognised the world over. The temptation of fame will be even greater. But Maria must stay focused on her tennis.
True indeed, I think Maria's still got her head screwed on so she shouldnt let this affect her tennis but there'll always be pressures for her time.
pavlyuchenkova

Dan23 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 20th, 2004, 03:58 PM   #5
country flag Edward.

I personally can't wait for the ads to start appearing...should be pretty cool!

I'm presuming that as it is described as a "global" campaign, the ads will be available here in England?

Old Aug 20th, 2004, 07:54 PM   #6
country flag Roy M
Banned

Roy M is on a distinguished road Roy M is on a distinguished road Roy M is on a distinguished road Roy M is on a distinguished road Roy M is on a distinguished road Roy M is on a distinguished road Roy M is on a distinguished road Roy M is on a distinguished road Roy M is on a distinguished road Roy M is on a distinguished road Roy M is on a distinguished road
i might get that phone
Roy M is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 20th, 2004, 08:08 PM   #7
Frank

Frank has a reputation beyond repute Frank has a reputation beyond repute Frank has a reputation beyond repute Frank has a reputation beyond repute Frank has a reputation beyond repute Frank has a reputation beyond repute Frank has a reputation beyond repute Frank has a reputation beyond repute Frank has a reputation beyond repute Frank has a reputation beyond repute Frank has a reputation beyond repute
Nice for Maria...

Quote:
"My phone is always with me and Motorola's products will allow me to stay connected wherever I am in the world," said Maria Sharapova. "I am really looking forward to everything I can do anytime, from downloading iTunes(TM) music to my phone to taking photos to checking my e-mail."
Unfortunately this means she has to act like a robot from now on...
Frank is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 20th, 2004, 11:36 PM   #8
country flag sharapovarulz1
She came to play.......

sharapovarulz1 has a reputation beyond repute sharapovarulz1 has a reputation beyond repute sharapovarulz1 has a reputation beyond repute sharapovarulz1 has a reputation beyond repute sharapovarulz1 has a reputation beyond repute sharapovarulz1 has a reputation beyond repute sharapovarulz1 has a reputation beyond repute sharapovarulz1 has a reputation beyond repute sharapovarulz1 has a reputation beyond repute sharapovarulz1 has a reputation beyond repute sharapovarulz1 has a reputation beyond repute
Im sure maria will stay focused on her tennis!!!

Official Right Midfielder Of The Sveta Football Team
sharapovarulz1 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 22nd, 2004, 10:29 AM   #9
country flag Lemonskin.

Lemonskin. has a reputation beyond repute Lemonskin. has a reputation beyond repute Lemonskin. has a reputation beyond repute Lemonskin. has a reputation beyond repute Lemonskin. has a reputation beyond repute Lemonskin. has a reputation beyond repute Lemonskin. has a reputation beyond repute Lemonskin. has a reputation beyond repute Lemonskin. has a reputation beyond repute Lemonskin. has a reputation beyond repute Lemonskin. has a reputation beyond repute
She'll be an ace tennis player... and RICH!

(...and gorgeous... and energetic... bubbly personality... ^_^)
grumblemeyer-spelterwasser-kurstlich-himbleeisen-bahnwagen-gutenabend-bitte-ein-
nürnburger-bratwustle-gerspurten-mitz-weimache-luber-hundsfut-gumberaber-shönedanker-
kalbsfleisch-mittler-aucher von Hautkopft of Ulm?
Lemonskin. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 23rd, 2004, 04:16 AM   #10
country flag lakan kildap

lakan kildap is a splendid one to behold lakan kildap is a splendid one to behold lakan kildap is a splendid one to behold lakan kildap is a splendid one to behold lakan kildap is a splendid one to behold lakan kildap is a splendid one to behold lakan kildap is a splendid one to behold lakan kildap is a splendid one to behold lakan kildap is a splendid one to behold lakan kildap is a splendid one to behold lakan kildap is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by lemonskin
She'll be an ace tennis player... and RICH!

(...and gorgeous... and energetic... bubbly personality... ^_^)
exactly. the bubbly part is what has endeared her to Wimbledon fans. she's probably the only player who could have pulled off that mobile phone trick before the Duke of Kent. and she was charming all the way!

I am happy for Maria for this big buck endorsement. I can already see the first TV ad. She wins Wimbledon, calls her mum, can't get a signal on the phone, enter Motorola.

the only negative I can think about these endorsements is when they run in conflict with sponsorships. Remember the good feeling all NBA fans had when the original 1992 Dream Team played in Barcelona? how their opponents almost welcomed the thrashing they got just to be on the same court with Michael, Magic and Bird? then, as if to compensate for all that goodwill, the Nike sponsored athletes created a brouhaha at the medal ceremony by first refusing to wear official Reebok jackets, and then blocking out the logo with the US flag. Just like that, the magic was gone.

You must be an F1 fan with that signature. Mark Webber might become a champion one day, as soon as he gets on a really good team.
Old Aug 23rd, 2004, 10:11 AM   #11
country flag Made Albanie

Made Albanie is an unknown quantity at this point Made Albanie is an unknown quantity at this point Made Albanie is an unknown quantity at this point Made Albanie is an unknown quantity at this point Made Albanie is an unknown quantity at this point Made Albanie is an unknown quantity at this point Made Albanie is an unknown quantity at this point Made Albanie is an unknown quantity at this point Made Albanie is an unknown quantity at this point Made Albanie is an unknown quantity at this point Made Albanie is an unknown quantity at this point
Who's already got a Motorola? I have
Old Aug 23rd, 2004, 01:18 PM   #12
Frank

Frank has a reputation beyond repute Frank has a reputation beyond repute Frank has a reputation beyond repute Frank has a reputation beyond repute Frank has a reputation beyond repute Frank has a reputation beyond repute Frank has a reputation beyond repute Frank has a reputation beyond repute Frank has a reputation beyond repute Frank has a reputation beyond repute Frank has a reputation beyond repute
Nope...I've got no Motorola...And I'm certainly ain't gonna buy one just because Maria has a deal with them...
Frank is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 23rd, 2004, 01:23 PM   #13
She came to play.......

sharapovarulz1 has a reputation beyond repute sharapovarulz1 has a reputation beyond repute sharapovarulz1 has a reputation beyond repute sharapovarulz1 has a reputation beyond repute sharapovarulz1 has a reputation beyond repute sharapovarulz1 has a reputation beyond repute sharapovarulz1 has a reputation beyond repute sharapovarulz1 has a reputation beyond repute sharapovarulz1 has a reputation beyond repute sharapovarulz1 has a reputation beyond repute sharapovarulz1 has a reputation beyond repute
I used to ave a motorola but there dead exspensive at the moment!!!

Old Aug 23rd, 2004, 01:26 PM   #14
country flag Edward.

I was offered a cool new Motorola at a knock down price recently but I refused it for some reason.

Old Aug 23rd, 2004, 01:27 PM   #15
She came to play.......

which motorola was it eddy???