IMPORTANT FOR ALL PAW-PLAYERS: The future of PAW on this board..... - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Aug 20th, 2004, 12:24 AM   #1
country flag crazillo

crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute
Exclamation IMPORTANT FOR ALL PAW-PLAYERS: The future of PAW on this board.....

Hi @ all PAW-players,
since the inventor and PAW legendary SpikeyAidanm has announced his "retirement" from being a PAW manager I have been wondering about the future of this great game.
Spikey has run a lot of tournaments and was able to promote this game as probably the best online sports game without money in the whole world, because he added features (here and there good ideas from friends) which made it so realistic. Since he´s gone, he leaves a lot of gaps that have to be filled.
Many of these features, like the PAW Magazine, the PAW Tournament Summarys, the Previews and the League Table Managers Thread have no perspectives because nobody seemed to care about them so far.
In the past just a few persons helped with runnng tournaments, sandg, nitsansh, andrew_uk, ghosts, azza, Nir, marcobarella and me did most of the tournaments
(Sorry if I forgot to mention someone important!!!)... Plyers who never ran a tournament dont know how much work it can be to update all this stuff when you have more than like 40 players and NO SOFTWARE!
My request TO EVERY PLAYER is to help more. We have over 110 players which are consistently playing week after week and just like 10 have helped???? OK, bgbgbg does the PrizeMoney, some were active in the PAW Magazine, but a lot of players didnt do anything or not enough compared to guys who worked hours after hours every day or week.
With Spikey leaving a big gap we have to rcommand EVERYBODY to help here and there, andrew_uk and sandg (which are the new main persons to do the job, with help from nitsansh, Nir, me and others) cant and should not have the same probel mlike SpikeyAidanm in the future. There are some players who run other games, like S-T-E-V-E (ETPA), polishprodigy (GTL) or andrew_uk/me (DAP; which is not often though, that´s why we help here) who just have enough work with other games and might not be able to help. But I am sure there are still like 50 left who would have enough time if they want to continue this game the way they are used to. It is a lot of work and sometimes we think we should get paid for it because it is really hard, and when they are mad then when we are late with League Tables or Scoring points we feel our work is not very appreciated and I must admit we would like to say "Fuck yourself and od it on your own when you are so much better!" Really!
I hope everyone understnads my point. I have not talked to andrew_uk, sandg and nitsansh about this threa,d but it is something we have to talk about and it cannot be brushed under the carpet!

Thanks for reading it, i want everybody who can help to say it here. It can be the Tournament Summary, the Magazine, the League Table Managers and other features, but please, please commit to improve this game and to secure it´s spot as one of the best online games without money in the whole world!

Cheers, Sascha
"There is a saying that there is no friendship in tennis, but I've proven the opposite. After all of them are here, it means that there is friendship and I want to thank them for being here tonight. I hope the fans are happy too."

My blog about my semester spent in China (bilingual in both German and English):
http://crazillo.jimdo.com! Please feel free to make comments!!
crazillo is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Aug 20th, 2004, 12:27 AM   #2
country flag broncosven

broncosven has a reputation beyond repute broncosven has a reputation beyond repute broncosven has a reputation beyond repute broncosven has a reputation beyond repute broncosven has a reputation beyond repute broncosven has a reputation beyond repute broncosven has a reputation beyond repute broncosven has a reputation beyond repute broncosven has a reputation beyond repute broncosven has a reputation beyond repute broncosven has a reputation beyond repute
I would be quite happy to run the previews . . . tournament summarys and do the pick summary for each tournament . . aswell as writing articles for the Paw magazine

Just tell me what you need , and i will help out as much as i can !!

Alicia Molik~Nicole Pratt~Samantha Stosur~Christina Wheeler

Nicole Kriz~Monique Adamczak~Isabella Holland~Jessica Moore

Emily Hewson~Trudi Musgrave~Sophie Ferguson~Casey Dellacqua
broncosven is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 20th, 2004, 12:34 AM   #3
country flag Conchi Party

Conchi Party has a brilliant future Conchi Party has a brilliant future Conchi Party has a brilliant future Conchi Party has a brilliant future Conchi Party has a brilliant future Conchi Party has a brilliant future Conchi Party has a brilliant future Conchi Party has a brilliant future Conchi Party has a brilliant future Conchi Party has a brilliant future Conchi Party has a brilliant future
Hey,

I feel guilty because I somehow expect league tables and scoring points to go up ( i just posted an inquiry as to where the league table and points are). I apologize to the people who make it happen. I commit to helping run a few tournaments as long as someone shows me how! Count me in....
Conchi Party is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 20th, 2004, 06:27 AM   #4
country flag Hayato

Hayato has a reputation beyond repute Hayato has a reputation beyond repute Hayato has a reputation beyond repute Hayato has a reputation beyond repute Hayato has a reputation beyond repute Hayato has a reputation beyond repute Hayato has a reputation beyond repute Hayato has a reputation beyond repute Hayato has a reputation beyond repute Hayato has a reputation beyond repute Hayato has a reputation beyond repute
Isn't Spikey resuming in 2005?

I run WTL and i ran Stockholm too- don't forget me!

I can help with the PAW Magazine if that is ok?
Hayato is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 20th, 2004, 06:31 AM   #5
Masharapova

Masharapova is a glorious beacon of light Masharapova is a glorious beacon of light Masharapova is a glorious beacon of light Masharapova is a glorious beacon of light Masharapova is a glorious beacon of light Masharapova is a glorious beacon of light Masharapova is a glorious beacon of light Masharapova is a glorious beacon of light Masharapova is a glorious beacon of light Masharapova is a glorious beacon of light Masharapova is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazillo
the PAW Tournament Summarys
I Can Help Out With Those
Masharapova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 20th, 2004, 08:01 AM   #6
country flag WTA Handicapper

WTA Handicapper is a splendid one to behold WTA Handicapper is a splendid one to behold WTA Handicapper is a splendid one to behold WTA Handicapper is a splendid one to behold WTA Handicapper is a splendid one to behold WTA Handicapper is a splendid one to behold WTA Handicapper is a splendid one to behold WTA Handicapper is a splendid one to behold WTA Handicapper is a splendid one to behold WTA Handicapper is a splendid one to behold WTA Handicapper is a splendid one to behold
Good and important post Crazillo

What is happening to PAW now is similar to when Simon "Lost Interest",and League tables and scoring points were not updated.
As said before without them two tools the game cannot function,and will die!
On another post in this forum I suggested a committee being formed in the off season,to delegate these "Jobs"
Spikey and Sandg have done and are doing a great job,but its bloody hard work,and the sooner the "Tour" players realise this,the better.
Its sad to see an important PAW event like the Olympics not being properly moderated though,and the sooner a proper committee is sorted the better.
Old Aug 20th, 2004, 11:27 AM   #7
country flag SpikeyAidanm
Team WTAworld

SpikeyAidanm has a reputation beyond repute SpikeyAidanm has a reputation beyond repute SpikeyAidanm has a reputation beyond repute SpikeyAidanm has a reputation beyond repute SpikeyAidanm has a reputation beyond repute SpikeyAidanm has a reputation beyond repute SpikeyAidanm has a reputation beyond repute SpikeyAidanm has a reputation beyond repute SpikeyAidanm has a reputation beyond repute SpikeyAidanm has a reputation beyond repute SpikeyAidanm has a reputation beyond repute
Sascha, I am not retiring, or do you want me to?
SpikeyAidanm is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 20th, 2004, 11:29 AM   #8
Team WTAworld

SpikeyAidanm has a reputation beyond repute SpikeyAidanm has a reputation beyond repute SpikeyAidanm has a reputation beyond repute SpikeyAidanm has a reputation beyond repute SpikeyAidanm has a reputation beyond repute SpikeyAidanm has a reputation beyond repute SpikeyAidanm has a reputation beyond repute SpikeyAidanm has a reputation beyond repute SpikeyAidanm has a reputation beyond repute SpikeyAidanm has a reputation beyond repute SpikeyAidanm has a reputation beyond repute
I'd love to appoint an interviewer to itnerview the 2 finalists and another rising star each tournament, I felt I really liked that idea but just didn't have time
Old Aug 20th, 2004, 11:31 AM   #9
Team WTAworld

We need to delegate a number of tasks for everyone, to ensure this game keeps growing
Old Aug 20th, 2004, 11:42 AM   #10
country flag Lady

Lady has a reputation beyond repute Lady has a reputation beyond repute Lady has a reputation beyond repute Lady has a reputation beyond repute Lady has a reputation beyond repute Lady has a reputation beyond repute Lady has a reputation beyond repute Lady has a reputation beyond repute Lady has a reputation beyond repute Lady has a reputation beyond repute Lady has a reputation beyond repute
I understand you very well, crazillo!
I did league table for a couple ATP tournaments, and it LOADS of work.
And in ATP we have only like 40-50 players.
I'd love to help, but I'll be working & studying, so I won't have any time at all.

All PAW managers deserve a big for all your work!

The real LADY of the Justine Philistines' Society™
Lady is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 20th, 2004, 12:08 PM   #11
country flag broncosven

broncosven has a reputation beyond repute broncosven has a reputation beyond repute broncosven has a reputation beyond repute broncosven has a reputation beyond repute broncosven has a reputation beyond repute broncosven has a reputation beyond repute broncosven has a reputation beyond repute broncosven has a reputation beyond repute broncosven has a reputation beyond repute broncosven has a reputation beyond repute broncosven has a reputation beyond repute
As i said before i am quite happy to help out where i can . . . i can access internet 3-4 times seperately each day between work/break and home

Alicia Molik~Nicole Pratt~Samantha Stosur~Christina Wheeler

Nicole Kriz~Monique Adamczak~Isabella Holland~Jessica Moore

Emily Hewson~Trudi Musgrave~Sophie Ferguson~Casey Dellacqua
broncosven is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 20th, 2004, 05:28 PM   #12
country flag crazillo

crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpikeyAidanm
Sascha, I am not retiring, or do you want me to?

For sure not. But u said u quit this job for a longer time and u leave a big gap and somebody must replace u - for a time at least.
"There is a saying that there is no friendship in tennis, but I've proven the opposite. After all of them are here, it means that there is friendship and I want to thank them for being here tonight. I hope the fans are happy too."

My blog about my semester spent in China (bilingual in both German and English):
Old Aug 20th, 2004, 05:30 PM   #13
country flag crazillo

At first thanx to everyone who replied and understands my point.
Maybe I see it too dramatical, but I think it is something that had to be mentioned.

Anyways, sandg must decide what he is going to do, not me.

Old Aug 21st, 2004, 02:11 AM   #14
country flag alwayshingis

alwayshingis has a reputation beyond repute alwayshingis has a reputation beyond repute alwayshingis has a reputation beyond repute alwayshingis has a reputation beyond repute alwayshingis has a reputation beyond repute alwayshingis has a reputation beyond repute alwayshingis has a reputation beyond repute alwayshingis has a reputation beyond repute alwayshingis has a reputation beyond repute alwayshingis has a reputation beyond repute alwayshingis has a reputation beyond repute
I would love to help but I am too busy with life/PTS, but I support the cause . This is a good step.
alwayshingis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote