Ekaterina Makarova making waves Thread - Page 124 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jun 21st, 2013, 04:52 PM   #1846
country flag miffedmax
Worshipping the bangs

miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Ekaterina Makarova making waves Thread

I suppose there are those who will consider drawing Larsson in Rnd 1 a good thing.

What minion of Satan arranged this draw? The adorableness of Wimby factor will be reduced considerably at the end of this match.

But Ekat SHOULD be able to jump all over Jo-La's backhand.
"I read on the internet that there is something chipmunky about me :-)"--Andrea H.

Elena Viatcheslavovna Dementieva--Eternal Goddess of the Divine Bangs
miffedmax is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jun 22nd, 2013, 02:29 AM   #1847
Tennis Fool

Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute

^ Haha, LOB first-rounder!

Her section:
Petra Kvitova [8] - Coco Vandeweghe
Kiki Bertens - Yaroslava Shvedova
Garbine Muguruza - Anne Keothavong [WC]
Ekaterina Makarova [25] - Johanna Larsson

Carla Suarez Navarro [19] - Lourdes Dominguez Lino
Sofia Arvidsson - Mirjana Lucic
Eugenie Bouchard - Galina Voskoboeva [Q]
Ana Ivanovic [12] - Virginie Razzano [Q]

Katya's been a victim of the draw gods a Wimbledon, however she has the opportunity to turn that around here.

For her first match, she's 1-0 against JoLa, and that was on clay, so I see her winning this in straights.
PUTINTSEVA #1 PLAYER

MakarovaPavlyuchenkovaBarthelLisickiBeck DoloncTwinPliskovasPutintsevaPuchkovaSirotkinaPfizenmaier GavrilovaMituScholl
Tennis Fool is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 22nd, 2013, 04:08 AM   #1848
country flag miffedmax
Worshipping the bangs

miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah, a hard-hitting lefty is pretty much the ultimate Jo-La nightmare (not named Sara or Serena).

Katya could have a really nice tournament in both singles and doubles, I'd say.
"I read on the internet that there is something chipmunky about me :-)"--Andrea H.

Old Jun 24th, 2013, 07:54 PM   #1849
country flag miffedmax
Worshipping the bangs

Well, I'm still in mourning for Jo-La mode.

I'll be in "Go Ekat!" mode in time for her next match.

Hated to see these two play. But there's no shame in losing to Katya, THE TWO-TIME GRAND SLAM CHAMPION.*

*I can't help it. I just like saying that. A lot. Gee, I feel better already.

Old Jun 25th, 2013, 03:29 AM   #1850
country flag Pvt. Kovalenko

Pvt. Kovalenko has much to be proud of Pvt. Kovalenko has much to be proud of Pvt. Kovalenko has much to be proud of Pvt. Kovalenko has much to be proud of Pvt. Kovalenko has much to be proud of Pvt. Kovalenko has much to be proud of Pvt. Kovalenko has much to be proud of Pvt. Kovalenko has much to be proud of Pvt. Kovalenko has much to be proud of Pvt. Kovalenko has much to be proud of Pvt. Kovalenko has much to be proud of

Katya

Faces Muguruza Blanco next.. Will not be easy..

^ This draw was really unfair with the LOB..

Svetlana Kuznetsova / Anastasia Pavlyuchenkova / Maria Kirilenko / Valeria Savinykh

Sorana Cirstea / Petra Kvitova

Anastasia Myskina / Maria Sharapova / Elena Dementieva
Pvt. Kovalenko is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 26th, 2013, 01:16 AM   #1851
Tennis Fool

Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute

And indeed JoLa turned out to be no match. Garbine, however, will be. Katya fell to Garbine at IW this year in three, and Garbine is going to be equally tough on grass.

Still, good luck to Katya!
PUTINTSEVA #1 PLAYER

MakarovaPavlyuchenkovaBarthelLisickiBeck DoloncTwinPliskovasPutintsevaPuchkovaSirotkinaPfizenmaier GavrilovaMituScholl
Tennis Fool is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 26th, 2013, 02:39 PM   #1852

Pvt. Kovalenko has much to be proud of Pvt. Kovalenko has much to be proud of Pvt. Kovalenko has much to be proud of Pvt. Kovalenko has much to be proud of Pvt. Kovalenko has much to be proud of Pvt. Kovalenko has much to be proud of Pvt. Kovalenko has much to be proud of Pvt. Kovalenko has much to be proud of Pvt. Kovalenko has much to be proud of Pvt. Kovalenko has much to be proud of Pvt. Kovalenko has much to be proud of

Katya is playing on Court 14

A break-up *3 - 1

Svetlana Kuznetsova / Anastasia Pavlyuchenkova / Maria Kirilenko / Valeria Savinykh

Old Jun 26th, 2013, 02:51 PM   #1853

5 - 2* in the 1st

Playing well, so far..

Old Jun 26th, 2013, 02:56 PM   #1854

Katya breaks and take the first set 6 - 2!!

Old Jun 26th, 2013, 03:07 PM   #1855

Katya leading on 2nd set 2 - 1*

Old Jun 26th, 2013, 03:15 PM   #1856

No breaks yet..

*3 - 3

Old Jun 26th, 2013, 03:18 PM   #1857
country flag miffedmax
Worshipping the bangs

Go Katya!!!

Thanks for the updates!

Old Jun 26th, 2013, 03:25 PM   #1858

Katya is leading 5 - 4*

Time for a break...

Old Jun 26th, 2013, 03:42 PM   #1859

Lost on Tie-Break 6 - 7 (3 - 7)

That's not good..

Old Jun 26th, 2013, 03:48 PM   #1860

Katya breaks on start of Final set *1 - 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by miffedmax View Post
Go Katya!!!

Thanks for the updates!
No problem..