Alice Canepa Thread !! - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jul 10th, 2004, 12:39 AM   #1
country flag GABRIEL

GABRIEL has much to be proud of GABRIEL has much to be proud of GABRIEL has much to be proud of GABRIEL has much to be proud of GABRIEL has much to be proud of GABRIEL has much to be proud of GABRIEL has much to be proud of GABRIEL has much to be proud of GABRIEL has much to be proud of GABRIEL has much to be proud of GABRIEL has much to be proud of
Alice Canepa Thread !!

I know she is not so popular, but I am delighted with her performances this year, plus I used to follow and cheer for her and Giulia Casoni when they were juniors and the best hopes for italian tennis (back in the early 90'), so I decided she deserves a thread
She gave birth to her daughter 2 years ago and retired from tennis when she was nr 150 in singles and nr 90 in doubles (approx). Then she decided to return to professional tennis. Last year she did fairly well, winning a 10k and making finals and semifinals in few other 10k and 25k.
This year she is making a serious comeback, from monday she will be inside the top 200 in singles and therefore got her ticket for the US qualifying (she said she will give it a shot, though she rarely travel abroad since becoming a mum).

Well done Alice, I wish all the very best, hopefully she can reach her best ranking ever at the age of 26 - not too old to start again !!!
Advertisement

Old Jul 11th, 2004, 04:21 PM   #2
country flag GoSandrine

GoSandrine has a brilliant future GoSandrine has a brilliant future GoSandrine has a brilliant future GoSandrine has a brilliant future GoSandrine has a brilliant future GoSandrine has a brilliant future GoSandrine has a brilliant future GoSandrine has a brilliant future GoSandrine has a brilliant future GoSandrine has a brilliant future GoSandrine has a brilliant future
Nice story Gabriel. I have a special affection for tennis playing mothers.

I've never seen Alice play but her ranking should get a huge boost beating two Top 100 players this week. Alica can make it a third by beating Flavia in the final. Good luck.

Last edited by GoSandrine : Jul 12th, 2004 at 12:21 AM.
GoSandrine is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 11th, 2004, 05:50 PM   #3
country flag GABRIEL

GABRIEL has much to be proud of GABRIEL has much to be proud of GABRIEL has much to be proud of GABRIEL has much to be proud of GABRIEL has much to be proud of GABRIEL has much to be proud of GABRIEL has much to be proud of GABRIEL has much to be proud of GABRIEL has much to be proud of GABRIEL has much to be proud of GABRIEL has much to be proud of
Alice lost 4-6 1-6 in the final today....oh well, i am glad she lost to another italian, Flavia

I really hope this result will encourage Alice to play more tourneys and start travelling abroad....she has only played in Italy since she came back (only exception last year when she played doubles at the AO). I am sure she could finish the year within the top 150 if she travels, for the time being she has committed to play at US Open qualies, good luck for the rest of the season, I will try to keep this thread updated, though I cannot log on too often because my work take most of my time...

PS Hi Ed
Old Jul 28th, 2004, 09:22 PM   #4
country flag GABRIEL

I know, nobedody cares about Alice, but I DO ! so I keep posting here her fantastic results ! she is playing Modena 75k this week, she won 3 qualies matches and she has already reached QF in the main draw, beating world nr 81 Cervanova in first round and the talented Schwarz in the second
good luck in QF my dear, next week Alice will reach a ranking of 160 approximately, a huge change in just few weeks, from about 250 !!!!!
Old Jul 29th, 2004, 12:59 AM   #5
country flag GoSandrine

GoSandrine has a brilliant future GoSandrine has a brilliant future GoSandrine has a brilliant future GoSandrine has a brilliant future GoSandrine has a brilliant future GoSandrine has a brilliant future GoSandrine has a brilliant future GoSandrine has a brilliant future GoSandrine has a brilliant future GoSandrine has a brilliant future GoSandrine has a brilliant future
What do I look like - chopped liver??? I care

Great run Alice has going. But let's not stop at 160, Gabriel. Nemeckova is next. Revenge for Adriana!

Forza!!!
Old Jul 29th, 2004, 10:06 PM   #6
country flag casonifan1

casonifan1 is a splendid one to behold casonifan1 is a splendid one to behold casonifan1 is a splendid one to behold casonifan1 is a splendid one to behold casonifan1 is a splendid one to behold casonifan1 is a splendid one to behold casonifan1 is a splendid one to behold casonifan1 is a splendid one to behold casonifan1 is a splendid one to behold casonifan1 is a splendid one to behold casonifan1 is a splendid one to behold
Hi guys, Iwas in Modena on mondin
casonifan1 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 29th, 2004, 10:17 PM   #7
country flag casonifan1

casonifan1 is a splendid one to behold casonifan1 is a splendid one to behold casonifan1 is a splendid one to behold casonifan1 is a splendid one to behold casonifan1 is a splendid one to behold casonifan1 is a splendid one to behold casonifan1 is a splendid one to behold casonifan1 is a splendid one to behold casonifan1 is a splendid one to behold casonifan1 is a splendid one to behold casonifan1 is a splendid one to behold
OOPS!!Just wanted to tell you I was in MODENA on monday and tuesday I've made a few pics of Alice at the end of her 1st round match.

Youl will have it tomorrow
Old Jul 29th, 2004, 10:40 PM   #8
country flag casonifan1

pics

Here's the pix, earlier than forcasted
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCF6359.JPG (54.7 KB, 12 views)
File Type: jpg DSCF6363.JPG (40.5 KB, 11 views)
Old Jul 29th, 2004, 10:41 PM   #9
country flag casonifan1

Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCF6364.JPG (97.0 KB, 15 views)
Old Jul 29th, 2004, 10:44 PM   #10
country flag casonifan1

Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCF6360.JPG (74.6 KB, 10 views)
Old Jul 29th, 2004, 10:49 PM   #11
country flag casonifan1

Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCF6361.JPG (75.6 KB, 10 views)
Old Jul 29th, 2004, 11:00 PM   #12
country flag GoSandrine

Nice smile Thanks for the pix Casonifan
Old Jul 29th, 2004, 11:21 PM   #13
country flag casonifan1

GoSandrine I'll be at the us open from 24/08 to 03/09
will you be there? If so we can meet

I'll post a pic of Roby tomorrow and some of the serra zanetti sisters.
Old Jul 29th, 2004, 11:29 PM   #14
country flag GoSandrine

I'll be there with my buddy Kaelin. Would luv to meet up with you to cheer on Sandrine and our Italian sisters. Email me so we can make plans.
Old Jul 29th, 2004, 11:51 PM   #15
country flag GABRIEL

thanks for the picture Casonifan1, they are very nice

funny enough, I am planning to go to NY for the US Open this year, but everything will depend on my work load......I am so busy right now !!!!!!
last time I attended US Open was........1999 !!! OMG time flies
If I go I would love to join you all