Tuesday Report - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Aug 11th, 2004, 04:37 AM   #1
country flag rated_next

rated_next has a reputation beyond repute rated_next has a reputation beyond repute rated_next has a reputation beyond repute rated_next has a reputation beyond repute rated_next has a reputation beyond repute rated_next has a reputation beyond repute rated_next has a reputation beyond repute rated_next has a reputation beyond repute rated_next has a reputation beyond repute rated_next has a reputation beyond repute rated_next has a reputation beyond repute
Tuesday Report

Bartoli(1) d. Ad. Serra-Zanetti 60 61

There is nothing Adriana could do in this match. She was completely overpowered. Marion must have hit a dozen return winners. What I like about Marion is that she is focused from start to end - with every point, she focuses so much.

Pin d. Beltrame 60 ret.

Severine just played awful. She didn't seem motivated at all. Her thigh was taped, but I think she retired because she just didn't want to fight. She does have a lovely game, with so much variety, but nothing worked today and she just gave up. Camille played smart and kept the ball in play - which worked perfectly against a discouraged Severine.

Karatantcheva d. Yoshida 62 63

Sesil was just too strong for Yuka. But what makes Sesil stand out so much is that she is such a fast runner. Yuka tried hard, but she made some bad errors at the wrong time. Yuka is also fast and consistent, but Sesil is a lot stronger and a lot faster.

Mattek d. Drake 75 62

Maureen started out amazing, hitting so many winners and taking a 5:3 lead, but after she lost 2 set points at 5:4, she gave up, as usual. After losing the first set, she smacked a ball out of the court. Bethanie has a nice game: she attacks the net, hits the ball hard and flat, or mixes it up with topspin. She is playing really well.

Lee-Waters(8) d. Skavronskaia 63 64

Both of these girls hit the ball so hard. And the match was very close - Lindsay won it with one service break in the 2nd set. Lindsay grunts way too loud, which is annoying. The club is small, and you can hear her grunts from even outside the club. She played well though, hitting a lot of nice winners.

Peng d. Grandin 46 61 60

Natalie has potential, but her problem (besides her weight) is that she is a defensive player who makes tons of errors. She mixes the pace nicely though with moonballs, slices, and attacking the net, but she had a bad day. Shuai played awful the first set as well, but in the 3rd she completely blew Natalie of the court by hitting winners from both her forehand and backhand.

Jidkova(3) d. Garcia Sokol 57 75 61

Both players played really well. Vanina was up 75 53 and Alina was ready to burst into tears (as always) but she fought really hard to win the 2nd set. Alina was more aggressive than usual, and hit a lot of winners as well. The rallies were really long and both girls deserved the win.

Irvin(5) d. Tu 61 61

I didn't see much of this match, but the few points I did see, Meilen was doing what she does best: making thousands of unforced errors.

Vaidisova d. Spears 64 64

This was another amazing match. Nicole's serve was too good today as well and won as a result. Both girls though were aggressive and hit a lot of winners.
rated_next is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Aug 11th, 2004, 04:43 AM   #2
country flag Lee-Waters' Boy
SMUstang

Lee-Waters' Boy has a reputation beyond repute Lee-Waters' Boy has a reputation beyond repute Lee-Waters' Boy has a reputation beyond repute Lee-Waters' Boy has a reputation beyond repute Lee-Waters' Boy has a reputation beyond repute Lee-Waters' Boy has a reputation beyond repute Lee-Waters' Boy has a reputation beyond repute Lee-Waters' Boy has a reputation beyond repute Lee-Waters' Boy has a reputation beyond repute Lee-Waters' Boy has a reputation beyond repute Lee-Waters' Boy has a reputation beyond repute
thanks for the updates, glad to see lindsay is hitting winners..at least showing more confidence

voskoboeva should not be a difficult match , ive seen her play and she should not give lindsay much of a match unless lindsay is making errors and not going for it. go lindsay

My Girls:
Ospina, Snyder, Irvin, Bradshaw, Dabek, Cargill, Frazier, Granville,
Craybas, Harkleroad, Schlukebir, Cochran, Seles, Mall, Reeves

Mouhtassine, Drake, Foretz, Camerin, Arvidsson, G Baker, Lubiani, Hantuchova,
Bartoli, Jidkova, Wheeler, Loeffler-Caro, L Reilly, Vakulenko, Pelletier, Tarabini, Molik

I Miss Zvereva, Cacic, Kelesi, Cristea, Ghirardi,
Reinach, Kandarr, Rottier, A Miller, Asa, Testud

Lee-Waters' Boy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 11th, 2004, 05:38 AM   #3
country flag Elvira

Elvira is a jewel in the rough Elvira is a jewel in the rough Elvira is a jewel in the rough Elvira is a jewel in the rough Elvira is a jewel in the rough Elvira is a jewel in the rough Elvira is a jewel in the rough Elvira is a jewel in the rough Elvira is a jewel in the rough Elvira is a jewel in the rough Elvira is a jewel in the rough
Wow, thank you for the match report! I hope to make it to this tournament next year perhaps. I personally think from the sounds of it Marion will win it (she is pretty far ahead of the bunch) but you never know with hot juniors like Sesil and Nicole in the draw. Especially Sesil.
Elvira is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 11th, 2004, 10:54 AM   #4
country flag choppedlogic
Banned

choppedlogic is an unknown quantity at this point choppedlogic is an unknown quantity at this point choppedlogic is an unknown quantity at this point choppedlogic is an unknown quantity at this point choppedlogic is an unknown quantity at this point choppedlogic is an unknown quantity at this point choppedlogic is an unknown quantity at this point choppedlogic is an unknown quantity at this point choppedlogic is an unknown quantity at this point choppedlogic is an unknown quantity at this point choppedlogic is an unknown quantity at this point
Thanks for reprot
choppedlogic is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 11th, 2004, 02:02 PM   #5
country flag GoDominique

GoDominique has a reputation beyond repute GoDominique has a reputation beyond repute GoDominique has a reputation beyond repute GoDominique has a reputation beyond repute GoDominique has a reputation beyond repute GoDominique has a reputation beyond repute GoDominique has a reputation beyond repute GoDominique has a reputation beyond repute GoDominique has a reputation beyond repute GoDominique has a reputation beyond repute GoDominique has a reputation beyond repute
Thanks
GoDominique is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 11th, 2004, 02:51 PM   #6
country flag Tripp

Tripp has a reputation beyond repute Tripp has a reputation beyond repute Tripp has a reputation beyond repute Tripp has a reputation beyond repute Tripp has a reputation beyond repute Tripp has a reputation beyond repute Tripp has a reputation beyond repute Tripp has a reputation beyond repute Tripp has a reputation beyond repute Tripp has a reputation beyond repute Tripp has a reputation beyond repute
Thanks for the reports. It's awful to see that Vanina had a 5-3 advantage and blew it . Do you think she can reach top 100 someday?
Tripp is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 11th, 2004, 03:14 PM   #7
country flag rated_next

rated_next has a reputation beyond repute rated_next has a reputation beyond repute rated_next has a reputation beyond repute rated_next has a reputation beyond repute rated_next has a reputation beyond repute rated_next has a reputation beyond repute rated_next has a reputation beyond repute rated_next has a reputation beyond repute rated_next has a reputation beyond repute rated_next has a reputation beyond repute rated_next has a reputation beyond repute
Vanina is really good - if she keeps training hard, she can for sure reach top 100.
rated_next is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 11th, 2004, 03:58 PM   #8
country flag sylvain

sylvain is a glorious beacon of light sylvain is a glorious beacon of light sylvain is a glorious beacon of light sylvain is a glorious beacon of light sylvain is a glorious beacon of light sylvain is a glorious beacon of light sylvain is a glorious beacon of light sylvain is a glorious beacon of light sylvain is a glorious beacon of light sylvain is a glorious beacon of light sylvain is a glorious beacon of light
To your mind, will Marion Bartoli be able to wim that tournament?

Caroline Dhenin

good luck for your new life

sylvain is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 13th, 2004, 08:27 PM   #9
country flag brunof

brunof has a brilliant future brunof has a brilliant future brunof has a brilliant future brunof has a brilliant future brunof has a brilliant future brunof has a brilliant future brunof has a brilliant future brunof has a brilliant future brunof has a brilliant future brunof has a brilliant future brunof has a brilliant future
I realize it's a bit delayed, but geez Meilen...
Go Anne Keothavong, Akgul Amanmuradova, Samantha Stosur, Na Li, Liga Dekmeijere, Tamarine Tanasugarn ,Jill Craybas, Daniela Hantuchova, Natalie Grandin, Kimiko Date-Krumm, Elena Baltacha, Melanie South, Dominika Cibulkova, Caroline Wozniacki, Jie Zheng, Andrea Petkovic, Elena Dementieva, Jelena Jankovic
brunof is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote