Grand slam results - Page 28 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jan 10th, 2009, 10:32 PM   #406
country flag Uranium
Dubai Love

Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Grand slam results

Just so I don't have to PM you again, Rollo The dates for the slams
AO 2008
January 14 – January 27

RG 2007
May 27 - June 10

RG 2008
May 25 – June 8

W 2007
June 25 – July 8

W 2008
June 23 – July 6

USO 2007
August 27 – September 9

USO 2008
August 25 – September 9

Uranium is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jan 15th, 2009, 08:16 PM   #407
country flag Uranium
Dubai Love

Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute

Where are all my results? All my hard work and nothing to show for it

I am only joking

Uranium is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 16th, 2009, 08:31 PM   #408
Rollo
Moderator - BFTP

Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Where are all my results? All my hard work and nothing to show for it

I am only joking
Thanks for your patience Uranium-just tihnk-in two more weeks we'll be able to add the first slam of 09 in here!

One more week and I'll have free time to devote to the Blast-and adding results
Rollo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 27th, 2011, 05:00 PM   #409
Rollo
Moderator - BFTP

Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute

Over the next 4 months I will be merging the slam threads into 1 thread per slam.This should make it a lot easier to navigate this section of the board.

In the short term it means the thread I'm working on will look meesy.

For May I'm working on the Aussie Open.
Old May 16th, 2011, 09:51 PM   #410
Rollo
Moderator - BFTP

Aussie results have been merged into 1 thread. It does look like a royal mess for now.
Old Jul 12th, 2011, 11:08 PM   #411
country flag BassLine

BassLine is an unknown quantity at this point

hi...joined this wonderful site a week ago, i have managed to log in quite a few times, but as yet cannot seem to either reply to a string or post a question. I can't really say i even have 100 replies to ask/give at the moment, but the reason i signed up, was to try and find out information on EDITH CLARKE (E R Clarke) a womens hard court player from the 1920s and 1930s, she was also in the early stages ot most wimbledons from 1921-1933 and inter county hard court championships.
Try as i have for the past month, i can find no references or even a photograph of her on the internet, except she gets quite a few references on you great site, please if you can help i'd be very appreciative with any information about where she lived, playe etc, as i have her tennis medals from the LTA, but zero information.
Yours with much hope
Jerry
BassLine is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 13th, 2011, 01:48 PM   #412
Rollo
Moderator - BFTP

Quote:
hi...joined this wonderful site a week ago, i have managed to log in quite a few times, but as yet cannot seem to either reply to a string or post a question. I can't really say i even have 100 replies to ask/give at the moment, but the reason i signed up, was to try and find out information on EDITH CLARKE (E R Clarke) a womens hard court player from the 1920s and 1930s, she was also in the early stages ot most wimbledons from 1921-1933 and inter county hard court championships.
Try as i have for the past month, i can find no references or even a photograph of her on the internet, except she gets quite a few references on you great site, please if you can help i'd be very appreciative with any information about where she lived, playe etc, as i have her tennis medals from the LTA, but zero information.
Yours with much hope
Jerry
Hello Bassline-welcome to the Blast

I'm afraid I don't have much. I did come across a reference that states she was a member of Queen's Club in London, which suggests a residence near London. Was 1933 her last year at Wimbledon? If we can get an end date for her career or her middle name (so far we do know it is "R") perhaps more information will come our way.

Quote:
have her tennis medals from the LTA, but zero information.
How did you come about these medals? What are the medals for? Other than being a good story the medals themsleves might hold clues.
Old Jul 13th, 2011, 04:57 PM   #413
country flag BassLine

huge thanks for replying rollo, any info would and is appreciated, yes i believe she lived near london, more than that i've no clue. I did look through the early 1920s wimbledon results on wikipedia, but sadly she is the only name with NO link...oh well
thanks for replying, i'm just unsure where to turn next
cheers
jerry

I won the medals in an auction, and on enquiring where etc, i hit another brick wall, i bought them from birmingham (live in london), and the sole info was they came from a demolition guy.

jerry
Old Jul 13th, 2011, 05:33 PM   #414
country flag BassLine

oh and here's the wikipedia hard court championship link

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/British..._Championships
if you look down the list of maybe 300 people highlighted in red and blue links
she's there....but, she's the only one in black, that goes nowhere, the plot thickens
jerry
Old Jul 14th, 2011, 01:14 PM   #415
Rollo
Moderator - BFTP

Quote:
I won the medals in an auction, and on enquiring where etc, i hit another brick wall, i bought them from birmingham (live in london), and the sole info was they came from a demolition guy.
Any more details about the medals? What-if any, incriptions or writing is on them? Can we connect them to any event?

Quote:
huge thanks for replying rollo, any info would and is appreciated, yes i believe she lived near london, more than that i've no clue. I did look through the early 1920s wimbledon results on wikipedia, but sadly she is the only name with NO link...oh well
thanks for replying, i'm just unsure where to turn next

I have a couple of ideas for you.

Try the Wimbledon library. It's really the best resource, and in your case fairly local. They have a wealth of information. When you go concentrate on sources for a couple of areas.

The first would be 1927-when she was finalist for the British Hard Courts. Two sources are good bets:
A. Ayres Almanac (look in the 1928 book-especially under "Who's Who")
B. Lawn Tennis and Badminton-especially the issue where they covered the BHC

The second time to look at would be when she retired. Find the last year she played Wimbledon [1934] and look after that.

1934 was her last year at Wimbledon as E R Clarke. Did she simply stop playing? get injured? get married?

Any info you find from these sources can then be turned around and used to mine geneology sites.

Another source may be the London Times. Now that it can be searched online you could go in and search for "Clarke" and "Tennis" in the relevant years.

At any rate I hope you don't give up

Last edited by Rollo : Jul 14th, 2011 at 01:26 PM.
Old Jul 14th, 2011, 04:47 PM   #416
country flag BassLine

some of the medals are;
silver.1927 lawn tennis hardcourts championship of great britain, inscribed, ladeies runner up miss e r clarke

the lawn tennis association ladies inter county cup
inscribed; runner up, middlesex, miss e r clarke, 1932

silver inscribed; winners, middlesex, miss e r clarke, 1926

bronze inscribed; runners up, middlesex, miss e r clarke, 1926-27

the lawn tennis hard courts championships of great britain ladies doubles semi finalists 1925 miss e r clarke, miss j fry

silver inscribed; winners, middlesex, miss e r clarke, 1930

silver inscribed; winners, middlesex, miss e r clarke, 1925

silver inscribed; winners, middlesex, miss e r clarke, 1924

and there are four other bronzes

i'll take a look at wimbledon libraries site
thanks
rollo