Without Sharapova, don't you think... - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Aug 9th, 2004, 04:30 PM   #1
country flag Canova
Banned

Canova is an unknown quantity at this point Canova is an unknown quantity at this point Canova is an unknown quantity at this point Canova is an unknown quantity at this point Canova is an unknown quantity at this point Canova is an unknown quantity at this point Canova is an unknown quantity at this point Canova is an unknown quantity at this point Canova is an unknown quantity at this point Canova is an unknown quantity at this point Canova is an unknown quantity at this point
Without Sharapova, don't you think...

..women's tennis can be SO dull? I mean Maria is the MAIN source of attraction. She is without doubt the most exciting tennis player, no one else even comes close. What do you guys think?
Canova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Aug 9th, 2004, 05:20 PM   #2
country flag mandy7

mandy7 has a reputation beyond repute mandy7 has a reputation beyond repute mandy7 has a reputation beyond repute mandy7 has a reputation beyond repute mandy7 has a reputation beyond repute mandy7 has a reputation beyond repute mandy7 has a reputation beyond repute mandy7 has a reputation beyond repute mandy7 has a reputation beyond repute mandy7 has a reputation beyond repute mandy7 has a reputation beyond repute
i think you should stop making useless threads
cause it's obvious that on this forum everybody likes maria

i also think that you shouldn't get into fights and discussions on the gm that you can't win
cause you're making a fool of yourself, other maria fans and even maria

another thing i'm thinking right now is: NO! there are loads of cool, good and fun players out there
the tour doesn't depend on ONE player!

so.. does this answer your question?
mandy7 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 9th, 2004, 05:38 PM   #3
Frank

Frank has a reputation beyond repute Frank has a reputation beyond repute Frank has a reputation beyond repute Frank has a reputation beyond repute Frank has a reputation beyond repute Frank has a reputation beyond repute Frank has a reputation beyond repute Frank has a reputation beyond repute Frank has a reputation beyond repute Frank has a reputation beyond repute Frank has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by mandy7

i also think that you shouldn't get into fights and discussions on the gm that you can't win

another thing i'm thinking right now is: NO! there are loads of cool, good and fun players out there

Hé, je hebt je oude naam weer terug! Hoe zat dat nou met dat herfskreun gedoe?
Enne...Op zich vind ik het wel komisch om hem in onwinbare discussies in gm te zien...
Frank is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 9th, 2004, 06:01 PM   #4
country flag Canova
Banned

Canova is an unknown quantity at this point Canova is an unknown quantity at this point Canova is an unknown quantity at this point Canova is an unknown quantity at this point Canova is an unknown quantity at this point Canova is an unknown quantity at this point Canova is an unknown quantity at this point Canova is an unknown quantity at this point Canova is an unknown quantity at this point Canova is an unknown quantity at this point Canova is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:

Firstly, I don't start arguments I only join them, and also I have NEVER lost an argument ever before. Ok, about the thread title, I was giving MY opinion, you can give yours and I'm not complaining. Grow up.
Old Aug 9th, 2004, 06:09 PM   #5
country flag mandy7

mandy7 has a reputation beyond repute mandy7 has a reputation beyond repute mandy7 has a reputation beyond repute mandy7 has a reputation beyond repute mandy7 has a reputation beyond repute mandy7 has a reputation beyond repute mandy7 has a reputation beyond repute mandy7 has a reputation beyond repute mandy7 has a reputation beyond repute mandy7 has a reputation beyond repute mandy7 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canova
Firstly, I don't start arguments I only join them, and also I have NEVER lost an argument ever before. Ok, about the thread title, I was giving MY opinion, you can give yours and I'm not complaining. Grow up.
i have to grow up?
just post in the off topic thread!!
cause you're posting
and you're making a mess of this forum..
Old Aug 9th, 2004, 06:23 PM   #6
country flag altemix

altemix has a spectacular aura about altemix has a spectacular aura about altemix has a spectacular aura about altemix has a spectacular aura about altemix has a spectacular aura about altemix has a spectacular aura about altemix has a spectacular aura about altemix has a spectacular aura about altemix has a spectacular aura about altemix has a spectacular aura about altemix has a spectacular aura about
Casanova.
I don't even thinking now if Maria suddenly could stop playing evermore. That isn't serious. I was alreaday in shock when Martina Hingis retired. She was only 21. So I don't think about these things....what women's tennis would be if Maria won't play anymore. I want to think only about her future wins and enjoy each win and title that she will fight out.

She is the best player in my eyes and I love her as everyone her true fan!!

But there is another good players in the tour too. So enjoy it!!!

1. Maria Sharapova 2. Daniela Hantuchova 3. Gisela Dulko

Also good luck to:

Karolina Sprem
other russian girls

Old Aug 9th, 2004, 07:03 PM   #7
country flag Canova
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by altemix
Casanova.
I don't even thinking now if Maria suddenly could stop playing evermore. That isn't serious. I was alreaday in shock when Martina Hingis retired. She was only 21. So I don't think about these things....what women's tennis would be if Maria won't play anymore. I want to think only about her future wins and enjoy each win and title that she will fight out.

I didn't mean if she retires or anything, i meant when she's not playing in a tournament, it make the tournament a lot less intersting IMO.
Old Aug 9th, 2004, 07:04 PM   #8
country flag Canova
Banned

Quote:
i have to grow up?
just post in the off topic thread!!
cause you're posting
and you're making a mess of this forum..
I'm not talking shit, you have no proof I am, just give me 1 example if you can.
Old Aug 9th, 2004, 08:48 PM   #9
country flag mandy7

Quote:
I'm not talking shit, you have no proof I am, just give me 1 example if you can.
okay, the thread on the gm where they compare serena with maria
SJW owned you on there..
you made a total ass of yourself
Old Aug 9th, 2004, 09:55 PM   #10
country flag Canova
Banned

Quote:
okay, the thread on the gm where they compare serena with maria
SJW owned you on there..
you made a total ass of yourself
SJW? WTF? He got SO desperate that he had to post a picture of Serena. What's he gonna do next, post a pic of an ill-infected pig? hmm...wouldn't put it past him.
Old Aug 9th, 2004, 10:02 PM   #11
country flag mandy7

Quote:
SJW? WTF? He got SO desperate that he had to post a picture of Serena. What's he gonna do next, post a pic of an ill-infected pig? hmm...wouldn't put it past him.
ok, i'm gonna sleep now
but tomorrow..this thread will either be gone
or it will be full of links to your stupid actions

and sjw... ain't a he
Old Aug 9th, 2004, 10:04 PM   #12
country flag altemix

altemix has a spectacular aura about altemix has a spectacular aura about altemix has a spectacular aura about altemix has a spectacular aura about altemix has a spectacular aura about altemix has a spectacular aura about altemix has a spectacular aura about altemix has a spectacular aura about altemix has a spectacular aura about altemix has a spectacular aura about altemix has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
I didn't mean if she retires or anything, i meant when she's not playing in a tournament, it make the tournament a lot less intersting IMO.
Yes, I absolutely agree with you. Without Maria playing in a tournament that tournament isn't so exciting. But as Maria can't play every tournament, that is just impossible, we must wait for that particular tournament where Maria will play. And that is giving extra desire expectations to see her playing again.

But there is another players too whom I love to watch. Of course these players aren't Mauresmo or Serena whom I abominate!

Also good luck to:

Karolina Sprem
other russian girls

Last edited by altemix : Aug 9th, 2004 at 10:33 PM.
altemix is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 9th, 2004, 10:38 PM   #13
country flag Marcova

Marcova is just really nice Marcova is just really nice Marcova is just really nice Marcova is just really nice Marcova is just really nice Marcova is just really nice Marcova is just really nice Marcova is just really nice Marcova is just really nice Marcova is just really nice Marcova is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by altemix
Casanova.

Maria obviously enjoys the addoration she receives from her fans and from her tennis, but which she is not getting from her friends and family. It is good that she still has a lot of time in her life for tennis, but it is not too long since she won Wimbledon, and there must be a lot of social events at which she is expected to put in an appearance and this will make it more difficult for her to keep winning. I hope she does want it. It will give us all something to cheer about every time she beats someone, especially when it is Myskina's turn. I don't think it will be after her next match, but we can dream about it can't we?
Marcova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 9th, 2004, 11:52 PM   #14
country flag altemix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcova
Maria obviously enjoys the addoration she receives from her fans and from her tennis, but which she is not getting from her friends and family. It is good that she still has a lot of time in her life for tennis, but it is not too long since she won Wimbledon, and there must be a lot of social events at which she is expected to put in an appearance and this will make it more difficult for her to keep winning. I hope she does want it. It will give us all something to cheer about every time she beats someone, especially when it is Myskina's turn. I don't think it will be after her next match, but we can dream about it can't we?
I totally agree with you. After winning wimbledon she had all these presentations and interviews and therefore she lost in San Diego and Montreal. She hadn't prepared mentally yet to admit all this press atention that falls on her after her first Grand Slam win. And I think it's normal that she lost at these recent tournaments. She just wasn't ready to play at high level again, not seriously training all the time after Wimbledon. i think she settled down a little bit and hadn't such concentration and desire to win these tournaments as it was in London. But she lost these two tournaments but she didn't want to lose in those. That have been seen in Maria's match against Vera, particularly in the third set. She wanted to win that match and that is the most important. And I think these two defeats make angry her and at the US Open she definitely will play in a different light. At this time she must a time to regain her confidence and prepare for the most part mentally. She have to understand and accept her new status. And there is a good thing that she haven't go to Olympics because all media attention turns to Athens while Maria could quietly preparing for the US Open.

And we also can't ask her win all tournaments in a row as Lindsay or Williams sisters. She is only 17 and I think she is still learning despite that she already won a Grand Slam. Now she tries to cope with all the pressure that she has - media attention, fans expectations (we want her to win in any tournament that she plays) and other factors including other girl's extra motivation to play better against Maria and beat her. And if Maria copes with it then I think she will be so strong that everyone player would have to play very, very good to even contend with her because potentially Maria is incredibly strong and talanted player.

And I repeat at the US Open she definitely will play much better!
Good luck Masha!!!

Also good luck to:

Karolina Sprem
other russian girls

Old Aug 11th, 2004, 11:21 PM   #15
country flag Andy Mac

Andy Mac has a brilliant future Andy Mac has a brilliant future Andy Mac has a brilliant future Andy Mac has a brilliant future Andy Mac has a brilliant future Andy Mac has a brilliant future Andy Mac has a brilliant future Andy Mac has a brilliant future Andy Mac has a brilliant future Andy Mac has a brilliant future Andy Mac has a brilliant future
Yea Good Luck At The Us Open! You Can Win It!

If you've been unfairly badrepped go here: http://www2.wtaworld.com/showthread.php?t=153890&page=1

CHARLOTTE PETRICK

remember that name!

0001..Eternal follower of the Golden Girl

Member of Marias Mafia, known to many as scarface
Andy Mac is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote