The quote from a player wich made you laugh the most - Page 7 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Aug 5th, 2004, 10:34 PM   #91
country flag tennisiscool
Banned

tennisiscool has a spectacular aura about tennisiscool has a spectacular aura about tennisiscool has a spectacular aura about tennisiscool has a spectacular aura about tennisiscool has a spectacular aura about tennisiscool has a spectacular aura about tennisiscool has a spectacular aura about tennisiscool has a spectacular aura about tennisiscool has a spectacular aura about tennisiscool has a spectacular aura about tennisiscool has a spectacular aura about
"I'm glad you're doing this story on us and not on the WNBA. We're so much prettier than all the other women in sports."
-Martina Hingis in Detour Magazine, 3/98 issue.

"My potential speaks for itself."
-Liliah Osterloh (USA) who finished the year ranked 111 in 1998. "It's a nice bonus but, you know, I have to pay taxes too."
-Venus Williams after winning the Grand Slam Cup.
tennisiscool is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Aug 5th, 2004, 10:35 PM   #92
country flag Hagar

Hagar has a reputation beyond repute Hagar has a reputation beyond repute Hagar has a reputation beyond repute Hagar has a reputation beyond repute Hagar has a reputation beyond repute Hagar has a reputation beyond repute Hagar has a reputation beyond repute Hagar has a reputation beyond repute Hagar has a reputation beyond repute Hagar has a reputation beyond repute Hagar has a reputation beyond repute
Immortal words from Kim Clijsters: "It's raining on both sides of the court"
Old Aug 5th, 2004, 10:39 PM   #93
Banned

tennisiscool has a spectacular aura about tennisiscool has a spectacular aura about tennisiscool has a spectacular aura about tennisiscool has a spectacular aura about tennisiscool has a spectacular aura about tennisiscool has a spectacular aura about tennisiscool has a spectacular aura about tennisiscool has a spectacular aura about tennisiscool has a spectacular aura about tennisiscool has a spectacular aura about tennisiscool has a spectacular aura about
"I was just making sure that his son's not doing anything before my son did."
Andre Agassi on a call he made to Pete Sampras.

"It's really hard to try and kick someone's ass who you like so much!"
Andy Roddick after beating his friend Mardy Fish in a tight final at the Cincinnati Masters Series Final.

Q. What is it about his game that you have trouble with?
ROGER FEDERER: I will beat him if I know.
(Roger on Nalbandian, never have won against Nalbandian)

"My main goal this year is to get an 'A' in zoology."
Serena Williams, reflecting on her goals for 1998.

"My hobbies include underwater fire extinguishing."
Andy Roddick

''No, I can only win at cards,'' she said. ``I lose at squash, table tennis, badminton. I want to win one. But never.

``He hates to lose. Especially to his girlfriend.
Kim on Lleyton

Interviewer: So, are you enjoying New York?
Roger Federer: It's OK for two weeks.

Q. If you start thinking about all those things, you got to worry about the next point, isn't that what...

ANDY RODDICK: I don't know, man. I'm not smart enough to think about a bunch of things. I'm very simple. You guys are giving me a lot more credit than I probably deserve.
Old Aug 5th, 2004, 10:39 PM   #94
bandabou

bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute
Marat, Marat, Marat...the guy is priceless!!
Serena Williams: Greatest African-American tennisplayer in history
17 majors:5255

Official Prince of the Royal Court
bandabou is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 5th, 2004, 10:43 PM   #95
Banned

"Umpiring, the only job in the world where you can screw up on a daily basis and still have one!"
Andy Roddick after a tight call which gave El Aynaoui the 3rd set in their epic 5 hour match at the Australian Open 2003.

Umpire: If the machine beeps, what can I do?
Andy: Switch it off and use your brain!

"Valentine's Day was created by women to get men in trouble."
Andy Roddick
Old Aug 5th, 2004, 10:49 PM   #96
Banned

"If you saw me with my clothes off you'd see that my body is in great shape and ready to take on the world."
-- Anna Kournikova in March on her impending tour comeback. If we saw you with your clothes off we'd...probably be looking at an issue of Playboy five years from now.

"People seem to forget that Anna (Kournikova) isn't in the picture anymore. It's Maria-time now."
-- Maria Sharapova in Sports Illustrated. Maria-time, is that like Hammer-time?

"She's not real any more. She doesn't really like tennis. You can tell. She's not playing from the heart. It's all contrived. She just wants to look good."
-- Mats Wilander, getting his kick-her-when-she's-down licks in on Serena.

"Honestly, I could get in a car accident today and never play tennis again, and then I wouldn't have anything to fall back on. But fortunately enough, I do."
-- Serena Williams on maintaining her outside interests. Yes, it's important to have something to fall back on in case you're suddenly not a billionaire any more.

"I'll give you the dramatic version, as I am an actress. I stretched and I dove for the ball. Well, I didn't quite dive. I was extremely stoked, but unfortunately during that point, I hurt my knee."
-- Serena Williams the actress on how she reinjured her knee in San Diego. That explanation was about as good as the acting.
"I'm an actress, model and athlete, and I'd put athlete third on the list."
-- Serena Williams flashback quote.

"No, I don't read the papers. I just look at the pictures."
-- Serena Williams.

"My goal in a couple of years is to try to build a successful fashion house like Armani or Versace. I want that more than anything."
-- Serena Williams on fashion trumping tennis.
Old Aug 5th, 2004, 10:50 PM   #97
country flag !<blocparty>!
Beware Of The Dog, Bitch.

!<blocparty>! has a reputation beyond repute !<blocparty>! has a reputation beyond repute !<blocparty>! has a reputation beyond repute !<blocparty>! has a reputation beyond repute !<blocparty>! has a reputation beyond repute !<blocparty>! has a reputation beyond repute !<blocparty>! has a reputation beyond repute !<blocparty>! has a reputation beyond repute !<blocparty>! has a reputation beyond repute !<blocparty>! has a reputation beyond repute !<blocparty>! has a reputation beyond repute
OMG, most of these are hilarious. Anna's, Martina's (hingis) and Serena's have to be the best.

On the mens side, Roddick and Safin crack me up

There are too many to quote. great stuff though.

Go Rafa.

!<blocparty>! is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 5th, 2004, 10:53 PM   #98
country flag mboyle

mboyle has a reputation beyond repute mboyle has a reputation beyond repute mboyle has a reputation beyond repute mboyle has a reputation beyond repute mboyle has a reputation beyond repute mboyle has a reputation beyond repute mboyle has a reputation beyond repute mboyle has a reputation beyond repute mboyle has a reputation beyond repute mboyle has a reputation beyond repute mboyle has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by s_k_a_y_a
Kournikova playing an itf event, "boooh, i'm so scared" when the chairman explain to her that she could receive a penalty point because of the time she used between the game....
"
Anna, we miss you .
Old Aug 5th, 2004, 10:53 PM   #99
country flag Roxers
Team WTAworld

Roxers is a splendid one to behold Roxers is a splendid one to behold Roxers is a splendid one to behold Roxers is a splendid one to behold Roxers is a splendid one to behold Roxers is a splendid one to behold Roxers is a splendid one to behold Roxers is a splendid one to behold Roxers is a splendid one to behold Roxers is a splendid one to behold Roxers is a splendid one to behold
MARAT SAFIN:

"First, the hormones are stirred. Second, the superfluous excitement before a start of a match goes. And I read somewhere, that when a person is very sexual then he's also very ingenious."

"I am a man and I do not always look in the mirror, and frankly I don't really care how I look."

"Come on, I'm 24, man, a little bit too old to take care of."

"I'm enjoying my sport and I'm happy to be here in Paris instead of cleaning the streets in Moscow."

"I don't understand this. So why we don't -- why we don't put any fines to the chair umpires when they make easiest mistakes? If I would lose, I would lose because of this guy. The machine doesn't work, but I think he has an ear, no?"

"Everybody. Everybody's great. We all get along. We go out to dinner or the bars, I get along with everyone. That's the thing with men's tennis. We compete. Then we leave the court and we are friends. We go to eat, we go to bars. Just because I play you in a match, I have to hate you? No."

"just...the problem is that you have to pay after you break the racket. (laughter) you have to pay a fine. no, no, they say thank you, you are doing well."

Ana Ivanovic, Tatiana Golovin, Kim Clijsters, Dinara Safina
Roxers is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 5th, 2004, 10:57 PM   #100
Banned

"Anything which draws attention to me because I am so attractive."
-- Venus Williams on what works in her fashion world

"I talked with Tom Hanks. I saw that movie 'Turner and Hooch' at least 50 times. It took all my guts to go up to him. I went up to him, I was like, 'Can I have a picture?' We talked acting; he wanted to know what I was doing. We talked a little tennis. I mean, he knew all about myself and my sister."
-- The name-dropping Serena Williams, the undereducated ambassador of tennis.

"Tennis whites are boring, unless it's Wimbledon, where it's classy."
-- From the wisdom of fashion designer Serena Williams.

"Hey -- you guys with the ladder. If you come here I'll buy you pizza."
-- Andy Roddick, calling out to firefighters in the process of rescuing Roddick and other hotel guests from a fire in Rome.

"I think I said I would put on a skirt if I dropped serve again."
-- Tim Henman after his third-round win over Nicolas Massu in Monte Carlo. That should get the WTA supporters fired up.
Old Aug 5th, 2004, 11:00 PM   #101
Banned

"If you saw me with my clothes off you'd see that my body is in great shape and ready to take on the world...I could snap my fingers and have any man I wanted but I have too much respect for myself for that...People can look then wonder about the taste and the sensuous delights of the dish, but when it comes down to it they simply can't afford such an expensive luxury."
-- Anna Kournikova, looking for some media attention while down in Australia in March. Concerning the clothes thing, we don't believe it -- prove it.

"(It's) a corset design making me look very, very slim and trim. I call it a corset dress. Very Hollywood glamour with the silk."
-- Serena Williams on her new Greecian serving girl tennis dress, which makes her look "very, very slim" when she looks in that funhouse mirror that is her reality. We hear stripes are slimming, next time try stripes.

"I've been getting my reel together. I think they are looking at me more as an actress because I have a lot of potential and a lot of skills."
-- The removed-from-reality Serena Williams, who as an actress has skills. Just ask her
Old Aug 5th, 2004, 11:02 PM   #102
Banned

"I'd like to get married and have children sometime, but sometimes I feel I'm a child myself so it's a little early yet."
-- Former No. 1 and broadcast announcer Martina Hingis.

"They've lost my page -- somebody ripped it out. But I'm the main sponsor for the tour, I'm the guy who paid the most fines. So they should give me respect. There should be a page saying 'This is the guy who paid the most fines.' I don't exist now, I'm a ghost, so I can do whatever I want."
-- Goran Ivanisevic on being left out of the 2004 ATP Player Guide.
Old Aug 5th, 2004, 11:04 PM   #103
Banned

"Chris Evert was my mentor (provided by the WTA Tour) when I turned pro. The main thing I asked her was, 'How do you handle men?'"
-- The retired Martina Hingis.
Old Aug 5th, 2004, 11:04 PM   #104
country flag !<blocparty>!
Beware Of The Dog, Bitch.

!<blocparty>! has a reputation beyond repute !<blocparty>! has a reputation beyond repute !<blocparty>! has a reputation beyond repute !<blocparty>! has a reputation beyond repute !<blocparty>! has a reputation beyond repute !<blocparty>! has a reputation beyond repute !<blocparty>! has a reputation beyond repute !<blocparty>! has a reputation beyond repute !<blocparty>! has a reputation beyond repute !<blocparty>! has a reputation beyond repute !<blocparty>! has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by tennisiscool

"I think I said I would put on a skirt if I dropped serve again."
-- Tim Henman after his third-round win over Nicolas Massu in Monte Carlo. That should get the WTA supporters fired up.

Go Rafa.

!<blocparty>! is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 5th, 2004, 11:07 PM   #105
country flag Andrew.
A winner is me.

Andrew. is a splendid one to behold Andrew. is a splendid one to behold Andrew. is a splendid one to behold Andrew. is a splendid one to behold Andrew. is a splendid one to behold Andrew. is a splendid one to behold Andrew. is a splendid one to behold Andrew. is a splendid one to behold Andrew. is a splendid one to behold Andrew. is a splendid one to behold Andrew. is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by tennisiscool
"Chris Evert was my mentor (provided by the WTA Tour) when I turned pro. The main thing I asked her was, 'How do you handle men?'"
-- The retired Martina Hingis.