The quote from a player wich made you laugh the most - Page 2 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Aug 5th, 2004, 01:27 PM   #16
country flag kabuki

kabuki has a reputation beyond repute kabuki has a reputation beyond repute kabuki has a reputation beyond repute kabuki has a reputation beyond repute kabuki has a reputation beyond repute kabuki has a reputation beyond repute kabuki has a reputation beyond repute kabuki has a reputation beyond repute kabuki has a reputation beyond repute kabuki has a reputation beyond repute kabuki has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by hollywood7172
i think sesil said "off"...not sure if she said "kick her ass off the court" or "kick her butt off the court".
You're right... I just googled the quote. She said "I think I can kick her ass off."
kabuki is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Aug 5th, 2004, 01:36 PM   #17
tennnisfannn

tennnisfannn has a reputation beyond repute tennnisfannn has a reputation beyond repute tennnisfannn has a reputation beyond repute tennnisfannn has a reputation beyond repute tennnisfannn has a reputation beyond repute tennnisfannn has a reputation beyond repute tennnisfannn has a reputation beyond repute tennnisfannn has a reputation beyond repute tennnisfannn has a reputation beyond repute tennnisfannn has a reputation beyond repute tennnisfannn has a reputation beyond repute
Venus after loss to sprem "it wasn't a barrel of laughs"
Demetieva "my serve will be like a drop shot for serena" Miami final
Old Aug 5th, 2004, 01:41 PM   #18
tommyk75

tommyk75 has a brilliant future tommyk75 has a brilliant future tommyk75 has a brilliant future tommyk75 has a brilliant future tommyk75 has a brilliant future tommyk75 has a brilliant future tommyk75 has a brilliant future tommyk75 has a brilliant future tommyk75 has a brilliant future tommyk75 has a brilliant future tommyk75 has a brilliant future
I personally find players' bitchy comments rather funny. And just about every top player has had moments of bitchiness. I hope I'm remembering these right:

Steffi Graf: 1) I can't believe [Gabriela Sabatini] doesn't speak better English after living in America for so long. 2) I think it will be hard for [Martina Navratilova] to get used to being number two. I think she should retire. 3) (in response to Gabriela saying that Steffi was feeling too much stress from being number one) She's never been number one, so how should she know?

Martina Navratilova: 1) (after Shaun Stafford dared to smile during their match) I wanted to tell her to cut it out and act like a professional. 2) (about Monica Seles during their Wimbledon match) She sounds like a pig out here. 3) (about Steffi's assorted injuries) Steffi always has an excuse ready for when she loses.

Chris Evert: 1) (about the whole Graf-Seles debate) If someone had stabbed Martina, I would have won a lot more Slams, too. 2) (about Aranxta Sanchez Vicario) She knows I was injured when she beat me at the French, but she crowed about it anyways. She had very little respect. 3) (about Monica) I was very upset about her grunting when I lost to her in Houston. I think someone told her, because when I played her at the U.S. Open, the grunting wasn't as loud.

Gabriela Sabatini: 1) (when asked if she ever considered asking Steffi out to dinner since they were partners in doubles) No. She'd probably just stare at me.

Aranxta Sanchez Vicario: 1) (about Serena) She has no respect for anybody. 2) (about Jana Novotna) She has no respect for anybody. 3) (about Mary Joe Fernandez before their impending French semi) I usually beat her easy, so I'm not worried. (Aranxta went on to lose 6-2,6-2!)

Zina Garrison: 1) (about Lori McNeil after Zina lost the match on a netcord) She's the luckiest player in tennis. Things like that happen to her all the time. 2) (about Monica after she offered flowers to Zina at the start at the match) It was just a cheap ploy to win applause. It was all I could do to not smash the flowers in her face.

I'll do more players later, if you guys are interested...
tommyk75 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 5th, 2004, 01:44 PM   #19
country flag xan

xan has a reputation beyond repute xan has a reputation beyond repute xan has a reputation beyond repute xan has a reputation beyond repute xan has a reputation beyond repute xan has a reputation beyond repute xan has a reputation beyond repute xan has a reputation beyond repute xan has a reputation beyond repute xan has a reputation beyond repute xan has a reputation beyond repute
Q. What is your relationship with other Russian players? You help each other? What is your relationship?

MARIA SHARAPOVA: Help each other (laughing)?

Q. To lose (laughing).

MARIA SHARAPOVA: To lose, yeah (laughing).

Official Hitman of the Maria Mafia

Last edited by xan : Aug 5th, 2004 at 01:51 PM.
xan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 5th, 2004, 01:48 PM   #20
country flag hollywood7172

hollywood7172 is a splendid one to behold hollywood7172 is a splendid one to behold hollywood7172 is a splendid one to behold hollywood7172 is a splendid one to behold hollywood7172 is a splendid one to behold hollywood7172 is a splendid one to behold hollywood7172 is a splendid one to behold hollywood7172 is a splendid one to behold hollywood7172 is a splendid one to behold hollywood7172 is a splendid one to behold hollywood7172 is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by tommyk75
Steffi Graf: I can't believe [Gabriela Sabatini] doesn't speak better English after living in America for so long.

Gabriela Sabatini: 1) (when asked if she ever considered asking Steffi out to dinner since they were partners in doubles) No. She'd probably just stare at me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tennnisfannn
Demetieva "my serve will be like a drop shot for serena" Miami final

ana ivanovic daniela hantuchova jelena jankovic martina hingis

and... jennifer capriati !!
hollywood7172 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 5th, 2004, 01:53 PM   #21
country flag TS

TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute
Zina LOL

Patty

Martina Hingis' quotes also are classic.
TS is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 5th, 2004, 01:53 PM   #22
country flag hollywood7172

hollywood7172 is a splendid one to behold hollywood7172 is a splendid one to behold hollywood7172 is a splendid one to behold hollywood7172 is a splendid one to behold hollywood7172 is a splendid one to behold hollywood7172 is a splendid one to behold hollywood7172 is a splendid one to behold hollywood7172 is a splendid one to behold hollywood7172 is a splendid one to behold hollywood7172 is a splendid one to behold hollywood7172 is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Molik
can i just ask who the boss is plz
justine

ana ivanovic daniela hantuchova jelena jankovic martina hingis

and... jennifer capriati !!
hollywood7172 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 5th, 2004, 01:57 PM   #23
country flag bubble

bubble is a splendid one to behold bubble is a splendid one to behold bubble is a splendid one to behold bubble is a splendid one to behold bubble is a splendid one to behold bubble is a splendid one to behold bubble is a splendid one to behold bubble is a splendid one to behold bubble is a splendid one to behold bubble is a splendid one to behold bubble is a splendid one to behold
The latest quotable quote from Marat the hippo.

"I'm not fighting with myself. Oh, my God. That's how I am. You know, the story of the hippo? The hippo comes to the monkey and said, listen, I'm not a hippo. So, he paint himself like a zebra. He said but he's still a hippo. He said but look at you, you're painted like a zebra but you are a hippo. So then he goes, you know, like I want be a little parrot. So, he put the colours on him and he comes to the monkey and said but, sorry, you are a hippo. So, in the end, you know, he comes and said I'm happy to be a hippo. This is who I am. So, I have to be who I am and he's happy being a hippo."
-- Marat Safin, happy to be a hippo.

How can you not laugh at a quote like tat?

MaRiA kIrIlEnKo

DiNaRa SaFiNa

AnAstAsiA

NaDya

VeRa

bubble is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 5th, 2004, 02:07 PM   #24
country flag ~Rachel~

~Rachel~ has a brilliant future ~Rachel~ has a brilliant future ~Rachel~ has a brilliant future ~Rachel~ has a brilliant future ~Rachel~ has a brilliant future ~Rachel~ has a brilliant future ~Rachel~ has a brilliant future ~Rachel~ has a brilliant future ~Rachel~ has a brilliant future ~Rachel~ has a brilliant future ~Rachel~ has a brilliant future
I just found this quote at http://www.tennis-x.com/quotes.php

"I'm not fighting with myself. Oh, my God. That's how I am. You know, the story of the hippo? The hippo comes to the monkey and said, listen, I'm not a hippo. So, he paint himself like a zebra. He said but he's still a hippo. He said but look at you, you're painted like a zebra but you are a hippo. So then he goes, you know, like I want be a little parrot. So, he put the colours on him and he comes to the monkey and said but, sorry, you are a hippo. So, in the end, you know, he comes and said I'm happy to be a hippo. This is who I am. So, I have to be who I am and he's happy being a hippo."
-- Marat Safin,

~Rachel~ is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 5th, 2004, 02:08 PM   #25
country flag ~Rachel~

~Rachel~ has a brilliant future ~Rachel~ has a brilliant future ~Rachel~ has a brilliant future ~Rachel~ has a brilliant future ~Rachel~ has a brilliant future ~Rachel~ has a brilliant future ~Rachel~ has a brilliant future ~Rachel~ has a brilliant future ~Rachel~ has a brilliant future ~Rachel~ has a brilliant future ~Rachel~ has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by bubble
The latest quotable quote from Marat the hippo.

-- Marat Safin, happy to be a hippo.

How can you not laugh at a quote like tat?
Agh, you beat me
~Rachel~ is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 5th, 2004, 02:09 PM   #26
minboy

minboy has much to be proud of minboy has much to be proud of minboy has much to be proud of minboy has much to be proud of minboy has much to be proud of minboy has much to be proud of minboy has much to be proud of minboy has much to be proud of minboy has much to be proud of minboy has much to be proud of minboy has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by hollywood7172
serena: i think i'm a hypochondriac--you know, someone who is always getting sick. yep, that's me. if you looked up the word "hypochondriac" in the dictionary it would say serena williams. ( wimbledon 2001, a hypochondriac is someone who always THINKS she is sick but is actually healthy)

Instead of shopping wherever she goes, she'd better buy a dictionnary, and a brain as well
Old Aug 5th, 2004, 02:15 PM   #27
country flag Sharapower

Sharapower has a brilliant future Sharapower has a brilliant future Sharapower has a brilliant future Sharapower has a brilliant future Sharapower has a brilliant future Sharapower has a brilliant future Sharapower has a brilliant future Sharapower has a brilliant future Sharapower has a brilliant future Sharapower has a brilliant future Sharapower has a brilliant future
This one is not from a player but from a journalist opening the press conference after Sesil Karatancheva lost to Maria Sharapova :

Quote:
Was her posterior a little too high to kick?
Sharapower is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 5th, 2004, 02:17 PM   #28
DA FOREHAND

DA FOREHAND has a reputation beyond repute DA FOREHAND has a reputation beyond repute DA FOREHAND has a reputation beyond repute DA FOREHAND has a reputation beyond repute DA FOREHAND has a reputation beyond repute DA FOREHAND has a reputation beyond repute DA FOREHAND has a reputation beyond repute DA FOREHAND has a reputation beyond repute DA FOREHAND has a reputation beyond repute DA FOREHAND has a reputation beyond repute DA FOREHAND has a reputation beyond repute
Serena "I don't know maybe it's a lack of formal education" speaking on the war of words between Hingis and Richard W.

Spirlea "She thinks she's the fucking Venus Williams"

"And for the best of the teen-agers who followed her, and who occasionally referred to her as over the hill, Graf had a ready answer: against top-ranked Martina Hingis, Graf wound up 7-2. Graf's stirring 4-6, 7-5, 6-2 throttling of Hingis at the French Open final this June was perhaps the most emphatic parting shot the game has ever seen. "

DA FOREHAND is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 5th, 2004, 02:22 PM   #29
country flag Glenn

Glenn is a glorious beacon of light Glenn is a glorious beacon of light Glenn is a glorious beacon of light Glenn is a glorious beacon of light Glenn is a glorious beacon of light Glenn is a glorious beacon of light Glenn is a glorious beacon of light Glenn is a glorious beacon of light Glenn is a glorious beacon of light Glenn is a glorious beacon of light Glenn is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by tommyk75

Zina Garrison: 2) (about Monica after she offered flowers to Zina at the start at the match) It was just a cheap ploy to win applause. It was all I could do to not smash the flowers in her face.
Classic!

~|~ Justine Henin-Hardenne ~|~ ~|~ Karolina Sprem ~|~ ~|~ Ashley Harkleroad~|~ ~|~ Marissa Irvin ~|~ ~|~ Corina Morariu ~|~ ~|~ Anna Kournikova ~|~ ~|~ Clarisa Fernandez ~|~ ~|~ Flavia Pennetta ~|~ ~|~ Iroda Tulyaganova ~|~ ~|~ Lina Krasnoroutskaya ~|~ ~|~ Denisa Chladkova ~|~ ~|~ Patty Schnyder ~|~ ~|~ Aniko Kapros ~|~ ~|~ Daja Bedanova ~|~ ~|~ Maja Matevzic ~|~ ~|~ Alexandra Stevenson ~|~
Glenn is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 5th, 2004, 02:25 PM   #30
country flag SilK

SilK has a reputation beyond repute SilK has a reputation beyond repute SilK has a reputation beyond repute SilK has a reputation beyond repute SilK has a reputation beyond repute SilK has a reputation beyond repute SilK has a reputation beyond repute SilK has a reputation beyond repute SilK has a reputation beyond repute SilK has a reputation beyond repute SilK has a reputation beyond repute
"Rod-dick...I had years of psychological issues with that."
-- Andy Roddick.

sorry... but that is hilarious!
SilK is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote