Black/Stubbs def Ruano Pascual/Suarez 4-6, 6-1, 6-4 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Aug 2nd, 2004, 12:20 AM   #1
country flag Mr_Molik

Mr_Molik has a reputation beyond repute Mr_Molik has a reputation beyond repute Mr_Molik has a reputation beyond repute Mr_Molik has a reputation beyond repute Mr_Molik has a reputation beyond repute Mr_Molik has a reputation beyond repute Mr_Molik has a reputation beyond repute Mr_Molik has a reputation beyond repute Mr_Molik has a reputation beyond repute Mr_Molik has a reputation beyond repute Mr_Molik has a reputation beyond repute
Black/Stubbs def Ruano Pascual/Suarez 4-6, 6-1, 6-4

its great to see rennae and cara finally get some success, winning wimbledon then here
they deserve, bcos theyre one of the few teams who play "real" doubles
Mr_Molik is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Aug 2nd, 2004, 12:25 AM   #2
country flag Hant Hant

Hant Hant is a glorious beacon of light Hant Hant is a glorious beacon of light Hant Hant is a glorious beacon of light Hant Hant is a glorious beacon of light Hant Hant is a glorious beacon of light Hant Hant is a glorious beacon of light Hant Hant is a glorious beacon of light Hant Hant is a glorious beacon of light Hant Hant is a glorious beacon of light Hant Hant is a glorious beacon of light Hant Hant is a glorious beacon of light
Good for them, but geez, I hope Paola and Virginia's friendship isn't weakening to the point where they are now tired of each other and their results concur to that end. Paola is so nice and so underrated. She's one of the most beautiful, fun-loving person ever.
Hant Hant is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 2nd, 2004, 12:29 AM   #3
country flag Stefwhit

Stefwhit is just really nice Stefwhit is just really nice Stefwhit is just really nice Stefwhit is just really nice Stefwhit is just really nice Stefwhit is just really nice Stefwhit is just really nice Stefwhit is just really nice Stefwhit is just really nice Stefwhit is just really nice Stefwhit is just really nice
What does "real" doubles mean? Does that mean that they both play the net unlike Pascual/Saurez who often play from the baseline? I don't really follow doubles because of the limited television exposure- and I hate playing double because I always feel too much pressure, so when it comes to doubles I'm really not all that knowledgable. Another question, why didn't Virginia and Paula play in Carson last week it was weird seeing Virginia play with someone else, for a second I thought they split or something. Last question, what team is looked at as the favorites going into the Olympics?? Most doubles teams are made up of teams from different countries so I was wondering what doubles team made up of players from the same country is viewed as the best....
Admiral: Kim Clijsters
Lieutenant General: Elena Dementieva
Major General: Myskina

nominees for Brigadier General:
Venus, Golovin, Lindsay, Petrova, and Pierce
Stefwhit is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 2nd, 2004, 12:32 AM   #4
country flag vettipooh

vettipooh has a reputation beyond repute vettipooh has a reputation beyond repute vettipooh has a reputation beyond repute vettipooh has a reputation beyond repute vettipooh has a reputation beyond repute vettipooh has a reputation beyond repute vettipooh has a reputation beyond repute vettipooh has a reputation beyond repute vettipooh has a reputation beyond repute vettipooh has a reputation beyond repute vettipooh has a reputation beyond repute
They did it again! Good for them!!

And It's Not Over Yet...Just Wait....Wait.
vettipooh is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 2nd, 2004, 12:36 AM   #5
bandabou

bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute
Man....Paola/Vivi just can´t win the finals.
Serena Williams: Greatest African-American tennisplayer in history
18 majors:5256

Official Prince of the Royal Court
bandabou is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 2nd, 2004, 12:37 AM   #6
Tennisace

Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold
Cara and Rennae are on of the most erratic teams ever haha They've lost 4 first round matches but now have won 4 titles
Tennisace is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 2nd, 2004, 12:41 AM   #7
country flag Leo_DFP

Leo_DFP has a reputation beyond repute Leo_DFP has a reputation beyond repute Leo_DFP has a reputation beyond repute Leo_DFP has a reputation beyond repute Leo_DFP has a reputation beyond repute Leo_DFP has a reputation beyond repute Leo_DFP has a reputation beyond repute Leo_DFP has a reputation beyond repute Leo_DFP has a reputation beyond repute Leo_DFP has a reputation beyond repute Leo_DFP has a reputation beyond repute
Good for them. I agree that they are a great classic doubles team that uses the net all the time and are fun to watch, unlike Ruano Pascual/Suarez and Clijsters/Sugiyama last year.
Leo_DFP is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 2nd, 2004, 12:44 AM   #8
country flag Mr_Molik

Mr_Molik has a reputation beyond repute Mr_Molik has a reputation beyond repute Mr_Molik has a reputation beyond repute Mr_Molik has a reputation beyond repute Mr_Molik has a reputation beyond repute Mr_Molik has a reputation beyond repute Mr_Molik has a reputation beyond repute Mr_Molik has a reputation beyond repute Mr_Molik has a reputation beyond repute Mr_Molik has a reputation beyond repute Mr_Molik has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefwhit
What does "real" doubles mean? Does that mean that they both play the net unlike Pascual/Saurez who often play from the baseline? I don't really follow doubles because of the limited television exposure- and I hate playing double because I always feel too much pressure, so when it comes to doubles I'm really not all that knowledgable. Another question, why didn't Virginia and Paula play in Carson last week it was weird seeing Virginia play with someone else, for a second I thought they split or something. Last question, what team is looked at as the favorites going into the Olympics?? Most doubles teams are made up of teams from different countries so I was wondering what doubles team made up of players from the same country is viewed as the best....
yea i meant they play "real" doubles bcos they try to get into the net on every point- off the serve and return
i think the reason vivi/paola didnt play was so vivi could get some practise with conchita for the olympics
the favourite team for the olympics would have to be kuznetsova/likhotseva, but i pick stubbs/molik as darkhorses for gold

Sophie Ferguson ~ Casey Dellacqua ~ Samantha Stosur ~ Jessica Moore ~ Christina Wheeler ~ Monique Adamczak ~
Mr_Molik is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 2nd, 2004, 12:48 AM   #9
country flag Hant Hant

Hant Hant is a glorious beacon of light Hant Hant is a glorious beacon of light Hant Hant is a glorious beacon of light Hant Hant is a glorious beacon of light Hant Hant is a glorious beacon of light Hant Hant is a glorious beacon of light Hant Hant is a glorious beacon of light Hant Hant is a glorious beacon of light Hant Hant is a glorious beacon of light Hant Hant is a glorious beacon of light Hant Hant is a glorious beacon of light
i like the Paola/Pascual vs. Williams/Williams double matches because whenever they are playing the William sisters, Paola/Pascual does aggressive net play
Old Aug 2nd, 2004, 12:52 AM   #10
country flag CJK

CJK is on a distinguished road CJK is on a distinguished road CJK is on a distinguished road CJK is on a distinguished road CJK is on a distinguished road CJK is on a distinguished road CJK is on a distinguished road CJK is on a distinguished road CJK is on a distinguished road CJK is on a distinguished road CJK is on a distinguished road
Yup, Ranee and Alicia will be one great team in Olympics, let's see how well they do.
CJK is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 2nd, 2004, 01:03 AM   #11
country flag rue

rue is a name known to all rue is a name known to all rue is a name known to all rue is a name known to all rue is a name known to all rue is a name known to all rue is a name known to all rue is a name known to all rue is a name known to all rue is a name known to all rue is a name known to all
good for Black/Stubbs. They are playing some good tennis

Serena's always got it. Never underestimate the heart of a Champion

"All things work together for good for them that love GOD and are called according to His purpose" Romans 8:28
rue is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 2nd, 2004, 08:54 PM   #12
stubbsy71

stubbsy71 is a splendid one to behold stubbsy71 is a splendid one to behold stubbsy71 is a splendid one to behold stubbsy71 is a splendid one to behold stubbsy71 is a splendid one to behold stubbsy71 is a splendid one to behold stubbsy71 is a splendid one to behold stubbsy71 is a splendid one to behold stubbsy71 is a splendid one to behold stubbsy71 is a splendid one to behold stubbsy71 is a splendid one to behold
The 46th title for Rennae .............. need I say anymore
Old Aug 2nd, 2004, 08:59 PM   #13
KV

KV has a reputation beyond repute KV has a reputation beyond repute KV has a reputation beyond repute KV has a reputation beyond repute KV has a reputation beyond repute KV has a reputation beyond repute KV has a reputation beyond repute KV has a reputation beyond repute KV has a reputation beyond repute KV has a reputation beyond repute KV has a reputation beyond repute
Yes, it's rightly mentioned. Stubbsy/Black play the way doubles should be played. Nice to see them winning the tournament.
KV is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 2nd, 2004, 09:02 PM   #14
KV

KV has a reputation beyond repute KV has a reputation beyond repute KV has a reputation beyond repute KV has a reputation beyond repute KV has a reputation beyond repute KV has a reputation beyond repute KV has a reputation beyond repute KV has a reputation beyond repute KV has a reputation beyond repute KV has a reputation beyond repute KV has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hant Hant
i like the Paola/Pascual vs. Williams/Williams double matches because whenever they are playing the William sisters, Paola/Pascual does aggressive net play
Watched the Wimbly final between them. No way there's net display from Paola/Pascual, actually it was not a classic encounter. The year the Willies won Wimbly, against Anna Kournikova forgot the name of her partner. That was a much better encounter. Back to the topic though I wanted Navratilova/Raymond to win the Wimbly' doubles, I appreciate Stubbs/Black as the Wimbly winners.
KV is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 2nd, 2004, 09:05 PM   #15
country flag Hant Hant

When is Wayne Black gonna show up again