Enough Already!!!! - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Aug 1st, 2004, 09:54 PM   #1
country flag maccardel

maccardel is a name known to all maccardel is a name known to all maccardel is a name known to all maccardel is a name known to all maccardel is a name known to all maccardel is a name known to all maccardel is a name known to all maccardel is a name known to all maccardel is a name known to all maccardel is a name known to all maccardel is a name known to all
Enough Already!!!!

Reading the releases from AP, they are calling Lindsay's win a california slam....How the hell is that a california slam? Did Lindsay win Indian Wells and have she also won the year end championships? I am not trying to be scarcastic here, but why is everyone over using the word "slam"? Everything is a slam nowadays.

Is there a Dokic slam? showing up at tourneys everywhere and not winning?

An Alexandra Stevenson slam?

A Momo slam? or a cllijsters slam? making it to finals and never winning it..
Advertisement

Old Aug 1st, 2004, 09:58 PM   #2
QUEENLINDSAY

QUEENLINDSAY has a brilliant future QUEENLINDSAY has a brilliant future QUEENLINDSAY has a brilliant future QUEENLINDSAY has a brilliant future QUEENLINDSAY has a brilliant future QUEENLINDSAY has a brilliant future QUEENLINDSAY has a brilliant future QUEENLINDSAY has a brilliant future QUEENLINDSAY has a brilliant future QUEENLINDSAY has a brilliant future QUEENLINDSAY has a brilliant future
Your taking it too serious!!!! relax!!!!

They could mean summer hardcourt season!!!!!! By the way winning three tiltes in three weeks in california is no easy, so i wouldn't mind calling it a california slam!!!!!!

Monica,Kim,Jelena
QUEENLINDSAY is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 1st, 2004, 10:00 PM   #3
country flag SerenaVenusNo1

SerenaVenusNo1 is on a distinguished road SerenaVenusNo1 is on a distinguished road SerenaVenusNo1 is on a distinguished road SerenaVenusNo1 is on a distinguished road SerenaVenusNo1 is on a distinguished road SerenaVenusNo1 is on a distinguished road SerenaVenusNo1 is on a distinguished road SerenaVenusNo1 is on a distinguished road SerenaVenusNo1 is on a distinguished road SerenaVenusNo1 is on a distinguished road SerenaVenusNo1 is on a distinguished road
No kidding. Calm down.
SerenaVenusNo1 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 1st, 2004, 11:21 PM   #4
country flag maccardel

maccardel is a name known to all maccardel is a name known to all maccardel is a name known to all maccardel is a name known to all maccardel is a name known to all maccardel is a name known to all maccardel is a name known to all maccardel is a name known to all maccardel is a name known to all maccardel is a name known to all maccardel is a name known to all
Damn Queen Lindsay! Could you use anymore !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!?
Old Aug 1st, 2004, 11:27 PM   #5
country flag jrm

jrm has a reputation beyond repute jrm has a reputation beyond repute jrm has a reputation beyond repute jrm has a reputation beyond repute jrm has a reputation beyond repute jrm has a reputation beyond repute jrm has a reputation beyond repute jrm has a reputation beyond repute jrm has a reputation beyond repute jrm has a reputation beyond repute jrm has a reputation beyond repute
Angry member ...
Current crushes: Johannes STRATE Tom BATEMAN Éric BRUNEAU
Simply the best: Ole Einar BJØRNDALEN and JANNE AHONEN
jrm is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 1st, 2004, 11:43 PM   #6
country flag harloo

harloo has a reputation beyond repute harloo has a reputation beyond repute harloo has a reputation beyond repute harloo has a reputation beyond repute harloo has a reputation beyond repute harloo has a reputation beyond repute harloo has a reputation beyond repute harloo has a reputation beyond repute harloo has a reputation beyond repute harloo has a reputation beyond repute harloo has a reputation beyond repute
I don't know I guess some people feel the need to classify winning a handful of Tier 2's a mini slam. I have never heard anything such as a California slam. LOL

harloo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 1st, 2004, 11:45 PM   #7
country flag foreva lindsay

foreva lindsay has much to be proud of foreva lindsay has much to be proud of foreva lindsay has much to be proud of foreva lindsay has much to be proud of foreva lindsay has much to be proud of foreva lindsay has much to be proud of foreva lindsay has much to be proud of foreva lindsay has much to be proud of foreva lindsay has much to be proud of foreva lindsay has much to be proud of foreva lindsay has much to be proud of
i reckon it is, 3 tournies in a row, its like playing in a slam for the full two weeks!!

Elena Baltacha Alicia Molik
*Alicia's coming back!!! *

Lisa Raymond Rennae Stubbs Nadia Petrova Anna-Lena Groenefeld
foreva lindsay is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 2nd, 2004, 12:01 AM   #8
country flag !<blocparty>!
Beware Of The Dog, Bitch.

!<blocparty>! has a reputation beyond repute !<blocparty>! has a reputation beyond repute !<blocparty>! has a reputation beyond repute !<blocparty>! has a reputation beyond repute !<blocparty>! has a reputation beyond repute !<blocparty>! has a reputation beyond repute !<blocparty>! has a reputation beyond repute !<blocparty>! has a reputation beyond repute !<blocparty>! has a reputation beyond repute !<blocparty>! has a reputation beyond repute !<blocparty>! has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by harloo
I don't know I guess some people feel the need to classify winning a handful of Tier 2's a mini slam. I have never heard anything such as a California slam. LOL
The Acura Classic was a tier 1

Californian slam, california swing, california sweep, same thing. Its a great achievement though

I would call it a mini slam

Go Rafa.

!<blocparty>! is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 2nd, 2004, 12:02 AM   #9
country flag alexusjonesfan

alexusjonesfan has a brilliant future alexusjonesfan has a brilliant future alexusjonesfan has a brilliant future alexusjonesfan has a brilliant future alexusjonesfan has a brilliant future alexusjonesfan has a brilliant future alexusjonesfan has a brilliant future alexusjonesfan has a brilliant future alexusjonesfan has a brilliant future alexusjonesfan has a brilliant future alexusjonesfan has a brilliant future
It's ok, Roger got the Toronto Slam today
Old Aug 2nd, 2004, 12:04 AM   #10
bandabou

bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by viggen
It's ok, Roger got the Toronto Slam today

and beat andy AGAIN!!
bandabou is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 2nd, 2004, 12:16 AM   #11
country flag LiliaLee-Frazier

LiliaLee-Frazier has much to be proud of LiliaLee-Frazier has much to be proud of LiliaLee-Frazier has much to be proud of LiliaLee-Frazier has much to be proud of LiliaLee-Frazier has much to be proud of LiliaLee-Frazier has much to be proud of LiliaLee-Frazier has much to be proud of LiliaLee-Frazier has much to be proud of LiliaLee-Frazier has much to be proud of LiliaLee-Frazier has much to be proud of LiliaLee-Frazier has much to be proud of
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by maccardel
Reading the releases from AP, they are calling Lindsay's win a california slam....How the hell is that a california slam? Did Lindsay win Indian Wells and have she also won the year end championships? I am not trying to be scarcastic here, but why is everyone over using the word "slam"? Everything is a slam nowadays.

Is there a Dokic slam? showing up at tourneys everywhere and not winning?

An Alexandra Stevenson slam?

A Momo slam? or a cllijsters slam? making it to finals and never winning it..
People are just excited that Lindsay is doing so well and will be no 1 in the world within a month
LiliaLee-Frazier is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 2nd, 2004, 12:18 AM   #12
country flag Hant Hant

Hant Hant is a glorious beacon of light Hant Hant is a glorious beacon of light Hant Hant is a glorious beacon of light Hant Hant is a glorious beacon of light Hant Hant is a glorious beacon of light Hant Hant is a glorious beacon of light Hant Hant is a glorious beacon of light Hant Hant is a glorious beacon of light Hant Hant is a glorious beacon of light Hant Hant is a glorious beacon of light Hant Hant is a glorious beacon of light
Hello, eat some ice cream and watch "Lilo and Stitch." there's no need for this hostility.
Hant Hant is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 2nd, 2004, 12:22 AM   #13
jbone_0307

jbone_0307 has much to be proud of jbone_0307 has much to be proud of jbone_0307 has much to be proud of jbone_0307 has much to be proud of jbone_0307 has much to be proud of jbone_0307 has much to be proud of jbone_0307 has much to be proud of jbone_0307 has much to be proud of jbone_0307 has much to be proud of jbone_0307 has much to be proud of jbone_0307 has much to be proud of
I know, this is stupid. The girl is on fire, dont hate because Lindsay beat your favorite. All of your examples contradict yourself. None of the people on there have won a slam. Everybody is using the word "Slam" because thats exactly what she's doing to every opponent.
jbone_0307 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 2nd, 2004, 12:42 AM   #14
country flag maccardel

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbone_0307
I know, this is stupid. The girl is on fire, dont hate because Lindsay beat your favorite. All of your examples contradict yourself. None of the people on there have won a slam. Everybody is using the word "Slam" because thats exactly what she's doing to every opponent.
I don't know, but nowhere in my post did I say I wasn't happy for Lindsay. I am mentioning the slam thing.
Old Aug 2nd, 2004, 02:32 AM   #15
Ballbuster
Banned

Ballbuster is an unknown quantity at this point Ballbuster is an unknown quantity at this point Ballbuster is an unknown quantity at this point Ballbuster is an unknown quantity at this point Ballbuster is an unknown quantity at this point Ballbuster is an unknown quantity at this point
To bad she seems to run out of steam where it counts most. A Slam. I sure she's bound to repeat that same ole losing form in slams.

She can't help herself.
Ballbuster is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote