Mary Joe Fernandez Should Not Commentate On Lindsay's Matches... - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Aug 1st, 2004, 07:46 PM   #1
country flag lizchris

lizchris has a reputation beyond repute lizchris has a reputation beyond repute lizchris has a reputation beyond repute lizchris has a reputation beyond repute lizchris has a reputation beyond repute lizchris has a reputation beyond repute lizchris has a reputation beyond repute lizchris has a reputation beyond repute lizchris has a reputation beyond repute lizchris has a reputation beyond repute lizchris has a reputation beyond repute
Red face Mary Joe Fernandez Should Not Commentate On Lindsay's Matches...

since her husband is Lindsay's agent and she obviously can't be objective. She just said that Lindsay had an easy win over Venus last week. Unless I was watching another match, wasn't Venus up 5-0 in the first set before her injury got worse?
lizchris is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Aug 1st, 2004, 07:51 PM   #2
country flag Rocketta
Kart & I against the WtaWorld!

Rocketta has a reputation beyond repute Rocketta has a reputation beyond repute Rocketta has a reputation beyond repute Rocketta has a reputation beyond repute Rocketta has a reputation beyond repute Rocketta has a reputation beyond repute Rocketta has a reputation beyond repute Rocketta has a reputation beyond repute Rocketta has a reputation beyond repute Rocketta has a reputation beyond repute Rocketta has a reputation beyond repute
They also said nobody challenged Lindsey during this swing... I thought it took two tiebreaks to win the first title...

but whatever you know they get excited and say crazy *ish...
Rocketta is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 1st, 2004, 07:51 PM   #3
country flag Knizzle

Knizzle has a reputation beyond repute Knizzle has a reputation beyond repute Knizzle has a reputation beyond repute Knizzle has a reputation beyond repute Knizzle has a reputation beyond repute Knizzle has a reputation beyond repute Knizzle has a reputation beyond repute Knizzle has a reputation beyond repute Knizzle has a reputation beyond repute Knizzle has a reputation beyond repute Knizzle has a reputation beyond repute
I was just about to make a thread called "Mary Joe is really running her mouth now"

Oooh I can't wait for the US Open. I really hope Venus takes a WC at New Haven.

Suddenly no one has been able to challenge LD this summer?? I guess she took 3 hours to beat Venus easily at Stanford?? I also guess Venus leading her 5-0 was just Lindsay playing badly. Then LD just overwhemled Venus with her superior play and Venus' wrist had nothing to do with what happened.
Knizzle is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 1st, 2004, 07:53 PM   #4
country flag lizchris

lizchris has a reputation beyond repute lizchris has a reputation beyond repute lizchris has a reputation beyond repute lizchris has a reputation beyond repute lizchris has a reputation beyond repute lizchris has a reputation beyond repute lizchris has a reputation beyond repute lizchris has a reputation beyond repute lizchris has a reputation beyond repute lizchris has a reputation beyond repute lizchris has a reputation beyond repute
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocketta
They also said nobody challenged Lindsey during this swing... I thought it took two tiebreaks to win the first title...

but whatever you know they get excited and say crazy *ish...
Rocketta, do you realize that the ONLY person to challenge Lindsay this summer is Venus, who was injured in both matches?
Old Aug 1st, 2004, 07:53 PM   #5
bandabou

bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute
Can you imagine how foolish these people will look if Lindsay doesn´t win or at least reach the finals at the Open?!
Serena Williams: Greatest African-American tennisplayer in history
17 majors:5255

Official Prince of the Royal Court
bandabou is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 1st, 2004, 07:55 PM   #6
country flag Rocketta

Rocketta has a reputation beyond repute Rocketta has a reputation beyond repute Rocketta has a reputation beyond repute Rocketta has a reputation beyond repute Rocketta has a reputation beyond repute Rocketta has a reputation beyond repute Rocketta has a reputation beyond repute Rocketta has a reputation beyond repute Rocketta has a reputation beyond repute Rocketta has a reputation beyond repute Rocketta has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by lizchris
Rocketta, do you realize that the ONLY person to challenge Lindsay this summer is Venus, who was injured in both matches?
What was wrong with Venus in the first match?
Old Aug 1st, 2004, 07:56 PM   #7
country flag lizchris

Red face

Another "factoid" by MJF.

"Myskina beat Venus handily at the French Open"

Wasn't the score 6-3, 6-4?
Old Aug 1st, 2004, 07:57 PM   #8
country flag lizchris

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocketta
What was wrong with Venus in the first match?
Her wrist was beginning to bother her in the third set of the Stanford match.
Old Aug 1st, 2004, 07:59 PM   #9
country flag Rocketta

Quote:
Her wrist was beginning to bother her in the third set of the Stanford match.
hmm, oh well I don't consider that win against an injured Venus though. Lindsey won outright but she certainly didn't dominate or have an easy time of it and to say she did is to actually diminish what Lindsey did cause she fought through that match and that's something to be proud of not negated by her 'friend'.
Old Aug 1st, 2004, 08:00 PM   #10
country flag Andrew.
A winner is me.

Andrew. is a splendid one to behold Andrew. is a splendid one to behold Andrew. is a splendid one to behold Andrew. is a splendid one to behold Andrew. is a splendid one to behold Andrew. is a splendid one to behold Andrew. is a splendid one to behold Andrew. is a splendid one to behold Andrew. is a splendid one to behold Andrew. is a splendid one to behold Andrew. is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Another "factoid" by MJF.

"Myskina beat Venus handily at the French Open"

Wasn't the score 6-3, 6-4?
That's pretty handily.
Old Aug 1st, 2004, 08:02 PM   #11
country flag lizchris

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew.
That's pretty handily.
Jennifer only won fur games and Elena won two. That's hanidly in my opinion. The difference in Venus' match was a break of serve in each set.
Old Aug 1st, 2004, 08:03 PM   #12
htm
Banned

htm is on a distinguished road htm is on a distinguished road htm is on a distinguished road htm is on a distinguished road htm is on a distinguished road htm is on a distinguished road htm is on a distinguished road htm is on a distinguished road htm is on a distinguished road htm is on a distinguished road htm is on a distinguished road
Quote:
since her husband is Lindsay's agent and she obviously can't be objective. She just said that Lindsay had an easy win over Venus last week. Unless I was watching another match, wasn't Venus up 5-0 in the first set before her injury got worse?

Thats nothing you should have heard the way Patrick M went on about Andy R last night during his match he even went so far as to accuss Keifer of trying to cheat when he question a line call, but during the US open last year Andy was calling some of his own line calls and getting away with it.
htm is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 1st, 2004, 08:04 PM   #13
country flag LindsayRocks89

LindsayRocks89 is a splendid one to behold LindsayRocks89 is a splendid one to behold LindsayRocks89 is a splendid one to behold LindsayRocks89 is a splendid one to behold LindsayRocks89 is a splendid one to behold LindsayRocks89 is a splendid one to behold LindsayRocks89 is a splendid one to behold LindsayRocks89 is a splendid one to behold LindsayRocks89 is a splendid one to behold LindsayRocks89 is a splendid one to behold LindsayRocks89 is a splendid one to behold
i don't think venus was injured at stanford, and really u guys r just jealous that Venus and Serena arent winning these summer hardcourt titles, because all i remember u guys talking about is that the williams would be back by the time the summer hardcourts were here and they would be winning all these titles, Lindsay has a great chance of winning the u.s open, she isn't gonna get nervous if she's the fav, and even if other players raise their game, there might not be much they can do if Lindsay is still playing this great
LindsayRocks89 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 1st, 2004, 08:05 PM   #14
country flag Knizzle

Knizzle has a reputation beyond repute Knizzle has a reputation beyond repute Knizzle has a reputation beyond repute Knizzle has a reputation beyond repute Knizzle has a reputation beyond repute Knizzle has a reputation beyond repute Knizzle has a reputation beyond repute Knizzle has a reputation beyond repute Knizzle has a reputation beyond repute Knizzle has a reputation beyond repute Knizzle has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by htm
Thats nothing you should have heard the way Patrick M went on about Andy R last night during his match he even went so far as to accuss Keifer of trying to cheat when he question a line call, but during the US open last year Andy was calling some of his own line calls and getting away with it.
Patty Mac is so gone over Andy. He knows better than to talk that stuff when Roddick's getting ready to face Roger Federer.
Knizzle is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 1st, 2004, 08:06 PM   #15
country flag Rocketta

Quote:
Originally Posted by LindsayRocks89
i don't think venus was injured at stanford, and really u guys r just jealous that Venus and Serena arent winning these summer hardcourt titles, because all i remember u guys talking about is that the williams would be back by the time the summer hardcourts were here and they would be winning all these titles, Lindsay has a great chance of winning the u.s open, she isn't gonna get nervous if she's the fav, and even if other players raise their game, there might not be much they can do if Lindsay is still playing this great
who r u guys? I've never said anything of the such. Maybe you should be more specific about who you are talking about cause it's not me. Also, u guys didn't say venus was injured at Stanford either. Maybe 'you' should be a little more specific and not generalize?