The Zvonareva appreciation thread... - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jul 30th, 2004, 04:44 PM   #1
henree

henree is a splendid one to behold henree is a splendid one to behold henree is a splendid one to behold henree is a splendid one to behold henree is a splendid one to behold henree is a splendid one to behold henree is a splendid one to behold henree is a splendid one to behold henree is a splendid one to behold henree is a splendid one to behold henree is a splendid one to behold
The Zvonareva appreciation thread...

Anyone here like Vera? I have just started liking her. She has a well rounded game. She moves very well, and has a great but under-appreciated serve. She may not have the pace on her serve of Sharapova or Petrova, but she has very good placement. Vera also is very respectful of her opponents after every loss. SHe almost bows to them when shaking hands at the net. She really is a class act, and should not be over looked. Despite the fact that she is a little tomboyish, she is a beautiful girl. I personally think she is much better looking than Sharapova. Where Sharapova is tall and blond, she has no facial features that stands out. But Vera has the most beautiful eyes I have ever seen. If on the rare ocassion you see Vera without her hat her eyes have a beautiful shape, and an even more beautiful color. She is making steady increases in her game and confidence. Today will be the real test. She faces Serena in the quarters today, and I have a feeling she will get her breakthrough by beating Serena in straights. Go Zvonareva...
henree is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jul 30th, 2004, 04:47 PM   #2
country flag Hant Hant

Hant Hant is a glorious beacon of light Hant Hant is a glorious beacon of light Hant Hant is a glorious beacon of light Hant Hant is a glorious beacon of light Hant Hant is a glorious beacon of light Hant Hant is a glorious beacon of light Hant Hant is a glorious beacon of light Hant Hant is a glorious beacon of light Hant Hant is a glorious beacon of light Hant Hant is a glorious beacon of light Hant Hant is a glorious beacon of light
I think vera is cool. I hope she breaks into the top 10 soon. Peaking at 11 is so not fetch.
Hant Hant is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 30th, 2004, 04:52 PM   #3
country flag LindsayRulez

LindsayRulez has much to be proud of LindsayRulez has much to be proud of LindsayRulez has much to be proud of LindsayRulez has much to be proud of LindsayRulez has much to be proud of LindsayRulez has much to be proud of LindsayRulez has much to be proud of LindsayRulez has much to be proud of LindsayRulez has much to be proud of LindsayRulez has much to be proud of LindsayRulez has much to be proud of
I like Vera; she really opened my eyes when she took a set from Serena at the French 2 years ago. Since then I've been paying attention to her, and it seems that she is playing her best tennis as of late. I also give her a good chance to beat Serena today, it will be a close match, to say the least.
Old Jul 30th, 2004, 04:56 PM   #4
country flag *roddicksinme*

*roddicksinme* has a reputation beyond repute *roddicksinme* has a reputation beyond repute *roddicksinme* has a reputation beyond repute *roddicksinme* has a reputation beyond repute *roddicksinme* has a reputation beyond repute *roddicksinme* has a reputation beyond repute *roddicksinme* has a reputation beyond repute *roddicksinme* has a reputation beyond repute *roddicksinme* has a reputation beyond repute *roddicksinme* has a reputation beyond repute *roddicksinme* has a reputation beyond repute
I love Vera....i first saw her at the Ericsson in 2001....she almost beat Iva and i have been a fan ever since
Pierce Petrova Frazier Smashnova Tulyaganova Davenport Jankovic Fonseca Capriati Clijsters Golovin Hingis Sharapova Peer Chakvetadze Shaughnessy Schiavone Schnyder Molik Zvonareva Castano Sequera Garbin Kuznetsova Mirza Sprem Tanasugarn Rampre Gallovits Gullickson Uberois Granville Suarez Ruano Czink
*roddicksinme* is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 30th, 2004, 07:03 PM   #5
country flag StarDuvallGrant
Golden State Of Mind

StarDuvallGrant has a reputation beyond repute StarDuvallGrant has a reputation beyond repute StarDuvallGrant has a reputation beyond repute StarDuvallGrant has a reputation beyond repute StarDuvallGrant has a reputation beyond repute StarDuvallGrant has a reputation beyond repute StarDuvallGrant has a reputation beyond repute StarDuvallGrant has a reputation beyond repute StarDuvallGrant has a reputation beyond repute StarDuvallGrant has a reputation beyond repute StarDuvallGrant has a reputation beyond repute
She's a good player, nice game.
StarDuvallGrant is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 30th, 2004, 07:04 PM   #6
country flag WorldWar24

WorldWar24 has a brilliant future WorldWar24 has a brilliant future WorldWar24 has a brilliant future WorldWar24 has a brilliant future WorldWar24 has a brilliant future WorldWar24 has a brilliant future WorldWar24 has a brilliant future WorldWar24 has a brilliant future WorldWar24 has a brilliant future WorldWar24 has a brilliant future WorldWar24 has a brilliant future
the girl has got a temper!!! And quite a game!
I'd rather have done it with you

You don't have to hate your opponents to beat them - Kim Clijsters
WorldWar24 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 30th, 2004, 07:07 PM   #7
country flag WSfan
Registered 1

WSfan is just really nice WSfan is just really nice WSfan is just really nice WSfan is just really nice WSfan is just really nice WSfan is just really nice WSfan is just really nice WSfan is just really nice WSfan is just really nice WSfan is just really nice WSfan is just really nice
Now that Serena is out... I want her to win the Acura Classic!!!! I have hopes that she will win!!!
Old Jul 30th, 2004, 07:07 PM   #8
country flag CJK

CJK is on a distinguished road CJK is on a distinguished road CJK is on a distinguished road CJK is on a distinguished road CJK is on a distinguished road CJK is on a distinguished road CJK is on a distinguished road CJK is on a distinguished road CJK is on a distinguished road CJK is on a distinguished road CJK is on a distinguished road
When she becomes top 10, she'll start to get noticed.
I love emotional players, if she still does get emotional, I think she'll be one exciting player.
CJK is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 30th, 2004, 08:46 PM   #9
country flag Crazy_Fool

Crazy_Fool is just really nice Crazy_Fool is just really nice Crazy_Fool is just really nice Crazy_Fool is just really nice Crazy_Fool is just really nice Crazy_Fool is just really nice Crazy_Fool is just really nice Crazy_Fool is just really nice Crazy_Fool is just really nice Crazy_Fool is just really nice Crazy_Fool is just really nice
Yeah, agreed with you CJK, i really like emotional players, or ones who show passion. I love watch Vera play, even though it is tough at times. I do believe she is getting better mentally, and hopefully she can improve from here.

Davenport - Dementieva
Crazy_Fool is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 30th, 2004, 08:54 PM   #10
KV

KV has a reputation beyond repute KV has a reputation beyond repute KV has a reputation beyond repute KV has a reputation beyond repute KV has a reputation beyond repute KV has a reputation beyond repute KV has a reputation beyond repute KV has a reputation beyond repute KV has a reputation beyond repute KV has a reputation beyond repute KV has a reputation beyond repute
Now she's playing her best ever tennis. Very impressive victory against Sveta. Shame Serena withdrew, could have been a cracking match. Good luck in San Diego, though don't have a fav. to win the tournament. The 4 Russian players left are looking sharp, so does L. Davenport. Deep down I hope Vera will win.
KV is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 30th, 2004, 09:02 PM   #11
country flag Kutuzova

Kutuzova has much to be proud of Kutuzova has much to be proud of Kutuzova has much to be proud of Kutuzova has much to be proud of Kutuzova has much to be proud of Kutuzova has much to be proud of Kutuzova has much to be proud of Kutuzova has much to be proud of Kutuzova has much to be proud of Kutuzova has much to be proud of Kutuzova has much to be proud of
She has incredible talent. Just as much as Sharapova. If she can control herself mentally she could be the top russian easily.
Kutuzova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 30th, 2004, 09:54 PM   #12
country flag veryborednow
Team WTAworld

veryborednow has a brilliant future veryborednow has a brilliant future veryborednow has a brilliant future veryborednow has a brilliant future veryborednow has a brilliant future veryborednow has a brilliant future veryborednow has a brilliant future veryborednow has a brilliant future veryborednow has a brilliant future veryborednow has a brilliant future veryborednow has a brilliant future
I love that she cares so much that she cries. I can't stand icy players.

I met her at Wimbly, she was very very nice but I still can't decifer her autograph. I couldn't get over how short she was, or how blue her eyes were. Seriously. Her looks are very underrated.
Old Jul 30th, 2004, 09:56 PM   #13
country flag Peer101

Peer101 is just really nice Peer101 is just really nice Peer101 is just really nice Peer101 is just really nice Peer101 is just really nice Peer101 is just really nice Peer101 is just really nice Peer101 is just really nice Peer101 is just really nice Peer101 is just really nice Peer101 is just really nice
Vera is great and I hope she can take the Acura

SHAHAR PEER

Maria Fernanda Alvarez Terran [bolivia]
Iri Tulyaganova is Back!
Peer101 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 1st, 2004, 08:35 PM   #14
country flag andrewbroad
Team WTAworld

andrewbroad has a reputation beyond repute andrewbroad has a reputation beyond repute andrewbroad has a reputation beyond repute andrewbroad has a reputation beyond repute andrewbroad has a reputation beyond repute andrewbroad has a reputation beyond repute andrewbroad has a reputation beyond repute andrewbroad has a reputation beyond repute andrewbroad has a reputation beyond repute andrewbroad has a reputation beyond repute andrewbroad has a reputation beyond repute
I am a demi-fan of Vera. I first started taking her seriously when she beat Venus Williams at the French Open 2003. The BBC televised the third set, and Vera showed tremendous fighting spirit to close out that match, even though she was very tired.

Being a demi-fan of Vera means that she's not among the seven players of all time whose careers I follow obsessively, writing regular match-reports and doing my best to support them, but I do tend to note Vera's presence in tournaments and take pleasure in her success, and I have kept on video the three Zvonareva matches that the BBC has televised so far.

Vera is quite a flairsome striker of the ball, and combines good power with amazing retrieval abilities (particularly on clay where she can slide into her shots). If she could improve the attacking side of her game, with more spreading rallies and more winners, I would consider becoming a fully-fledged fan of hers. She's not yet a spectacular player IMO, but I believe she has great potential.

And she's very cute, too. Not sexy in an erotic sense, because she dresses very conservatively in all the photos I've seen so far (with the exception of a very nice glamour-shot in the current (San Diego) photos section of www.wtatour.com). But she does have the most beautiful eyes.

--
Dr. Andrew Broad
http://www.geocities.com/andrewbroad/
http://www.geocities.com/andrewbroad/tennis/

Last edited by andrewbroad : Aug 1st, 2004 at 08:45 PM. Reason: second paragraph added
andrewbroad is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 1st, 2004, 10:34 PM   #15
country flag andrewbroad
Team WTAworld

andrewbroad has a reputation beyond repute andrewbroad has a reputation beyond repute andrewbroad has a reputation beyond repute andrewbroad has a reputation beyond repute andrewbroad has a reputation beyond repute andrewbroad has a reputation beyond repute andrewbroad has a reputation beyond repute andrewbroad has a reputation beyond repute andrewbroad has a reputation beyond repute andrewbroad has a reputation beyond repute andrewbroad has a reputation beyond repute
Bump!

Now that the tennis-year is over, I think it's time to start appreciating Vera some more!

I just rewatched her Wimbledon 2003 fourth round against Venus Williams. Although Vera lost that particular match 6-1 6-3, there was a superb passage of play in the middle of the second set where she was playing flairsome spreading rallies and even dominating Williams at times!

And she looked very cute and cuddlesome, too!

I hope that I see much more of Vera in 2005 (specifically at Wimbledon - the only tournament with wall-to-wall coverage for those in the UK who don't have cable or satellite TV).

--
Dr. Andrew Broad
http://www.geocities.com/andrewbroad/
http://www.geocities.com/andrewbroad/tennis/

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/verazvonareva/
andrewbroad is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote