Your attitude towards Sharapova is...? Don't start a fight in here! - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

View Poll Results: What do you think of her?

I love her! Whatever the reason. 47 34.06%
I admire her ways, but I don't realy like her much. Rather indiferent. 38 27.54%
I would have liked her if the press wouldn't have made a goddes out of her. 37 26.81%
I dislike her/ hate her. 16 11.59%
Voters: 138. You may not vote on this poll

Old Jul 30th, 2004, 06:00 AM   #1
country flag Vass22

Vass22 has a brilliant future Vass22 has a brilliant future Vass22 has a brilliant future Vass22 has a brilliant future Vass22 has a brilliant future Vass22 has a brilliant future Vass22 has a brilliant future Vass22 has a brilliant future Vass22 has a brilliant future Vass22 has a brilliant future Vass22 has a brilliant future
Your attitude towards Sharapova is...? Don't start a fight in here!

This poll is just for 'curiosity purposes' only.
I picked the third option.
Advertisement

Old Jul 30th, 2004, 06:03 AM   #2
sunnysideup

sunnysideup has disabled reputation
everybody loves a winnah!!!!
sunnysideup is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 30th, 2004, 06:11 AM   #3
country flag Ekkekko
Team WTAworld

Ekkekko has a reputation beyond repute Ekkekko has a reputation beyond repute Ekkekko has a reputation beyond repute Ekkekko has a reputation beyond repute Ekkekko has a reputation beyond repute Ekkekko has a reputation beyond repute Ekkekko has a reputation beyond repute Ekkekko has a reputation beyond repute Ekkekko has a reputation beyond repute Ekkekko has a reputation beyond repute Ekkekko has a reputation beyond repute
Third option says it all for me...
Ekkekko is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 30th, 2004, 06:18 AM   #4
country flag Stamp Paid
Sir Camaraderie

Stamp Paid has a reputation beyond repute Stamp Paid has a reputation beyond repute Stamp Paid has a reputation beyond repute Stamp Paid has a reputation beyond repute Stamp Paid has a reputation beyond repute Stamp Paid has a reputation beyond repute Stamp Paid has a reputation beyond repute Stamp Paid has a reputation beyond repute Stamp Paid has a reputation beyond repute Stamp Paid has a reputation beyond repute Stamp Paid has a reputation beyond repute
I love her even tho she stopped Serena's threepeat!

I hope she can beat Myskina tomorrow so that there can be a rematch!

██████████████████ʘ
Ashe. Gibson. Williams. Williams.
Stamp Paid is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 30th, 2004, 06:27 AM   #5
country flag LindsayRocks89

LindsayRocks89 is a splendid one to behold LindsayRocks89 is a splendid one to behold LindsayRocks89 is a splendid one to behold LindsayRocks89 is a splendid one to behold LindsayRocks89 is a splendid one to behold LindsayRocks89 is a splendid one to behold LindsayRocks89 is a splendid one to behold LindsayRocks89 is a splendid one to behold LindsayRocks89 is a splendid one to behold LindsayRocks89 is a splendid one to behold LindsayRocks89 is a splendid one to behold
i love her, maria is awesome, i have liked her since she beat ashley in the first round of wimbledon in 2003, she seems like a great person, oh btw, havent we had a discussion like this a million times
LindsayRocks89 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 30th, 2004, 06:42 AM   #6
country flag rockbottom

rockbottom is a name known to all rockbottom is a name known to all rockbottom is a name known to all rockbottom is a name known to all rockbottom is a name known to all rockbottom is a name known to all rockbottom is a name known to all rockbottom is a name known to all rockbottom is a name known to all rockbottom is a name known to all rockbottom is a name known to all
I too love her. I have liked her ever since I saw her profile in ***************** where all the junior players list their fav players like Graf, Seles, Serena, Capriati, etc etc.
This was Maria's reply:

Favorite Tennis Player:
"Myself - because I believe in myself"

It was so in your face but funny at the same time. I knew then and there she was different.
Old Jul 30th, 2004, 06:43 AM   #7
country flag Sam L
Sunset, Moonrise, Winter

Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute
I don't like her because she's an upstart.

Sam L is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 30th, 2004, 06:47 AM   #8
country flag Zhao

Zhao has a reputation beyond repute Zhao has a reputation beyond repute Zhao has a reputation beyond repute Zhao has a reputation beyond repute Zhao has a reputation beyond repute Zhao has a reputation beyond repute Zhao has a reputation beyond repute Zhao has a reputation beyond repute Zhao has a reputation beyond repute Zhao has a reputation beyond repute Zhao has a reputation beyond repute
i actually like her becoz
she brings more TV coverage to my country...
more n more pple r now beginning to take notice in this sport...
*ahem for whatever reason doen't matter...
Zhao is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 30th, 2004, 06:49 AM   #9
country flag rockbottom

rockbottom is a name known to all rockbottom is a name known to all rockbottom is a name known to all rockbottom is a name known to all rockbottom is a name known to all rockbottom is a name known to all rockbottom is a name known to all rockbottom is a name known to all rockbottom is a name known to all rockbottom is a name known to all rockbottom is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam L
I don't like her because she's an upstart.
Just curious...what is an upstart? She's been playing since she was 5.
Does that mean Seles and Hingis are also upstarts because they've won GS at 16/17. Was Sampras an upstart for being the youngest US open champ?
Im not trying to change your mind, just want to clarify the meaning of upstart.
Old Jul 30th, 2004, 06:58 AM   #10
country flag Sam L
Sunset, Moonrise, Winter

Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockbottom
Just curious...what is an upstart? She's been playing since she was 5.
Does that mean Seles and Hingis are also upstarts because they've won GS at 16/17. Was Sampras an upstart for being the youngest US open champ?
Im not trying to change your mind, just want to clarify the meaning of upstart.
Hey. An upstart is actually someone who comes from a poor or disadvantaged background and rises to a position of wealth, power or privilege, and in the process becomes mean, arrogant or presumptuous. So sort of like someone who's forgotten where they came from and act all snobby etc... I don't know if Maria is like that, but she gives off that vibe.

Sam L is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 30th, 2004, 07:21 AM   #11
country flag Vass22

Vass22 has a brilliant future Vass22 has a brilliant future Vass22 has a brilliant future Vass22 has a brilliant future Vass22 has a brilliant future Vass22 has a brilliant future Vass22 has a brilliant future Vass22 has a brilliant future Vass22 has a brilliant future Vass22 has a brilliant future Vass22 has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam L
Hey. An upstart is actually someone who comes from a poor or disadvantaged background and rises to a position of wealth, power or privilege, and in the process becomes mean, arrogant or presumptuous. So sort of like someone who's forgotten where they came from and act all snobby etc... I don't know if Maria is like that, but she gives off that vibe.
So it's just better if you are a millioner and you play tennis to earn even more money? The rich stay rich and the poor stay poor? Nice ideology.

I'd say that all Russian players are upstart then. Kournikova, Safins, everyone wasn't very rich.
Old Jul 30th, 2004, 07:28 AM   #12
country flag Sharapower

Sharapower has a brilliant future Sharapower has a brilliant future Sharapower has a brilliant future Sharapower has a brilliant future Sharapower has a brilliant future Sharapower has a brilliant future Sharapower has a brilliant future Sharapower has a brilliant future Sharapower has a brilliant future Sharapower has a brilliant future Sharapower has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vass22
So it's just better if you are a millioner and you play tennis to earn even more money? The rich stay rich and the poor stay poor? Nice ideology.

I'd say that all Russian players are upstart then. Kournikova, Safins, everyone wasn't very rich.
And that even applies to, lets' say, 95% of the pro players of any sport.
Sharapower is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 30th, 2004, 08:31 AM   #13
country flag SJW

SJW has a reputation beyond repute SJW has a reputation beyond repute SJW has a reputation beyond repute SJW has a reputation beyond repute SJW has a reputation beyond repute SJW has a reputation beyond repute SJW has a reputation beyond repute SJW has a reputation beyond repute SJW has a reputation beyond repute SJW has a reputation beyond repute SJW has a reputation beyond repute
i like her game, but the hype aint for me, sorry.

i just like the way she pumps herself up and plays some good shots. but she needs to develop a game plan, cuz one day those shots are gonna go off and she's gonna lose like she did ala FO. some variety would be great, but she's only 17, so that's all to come
SJW is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 30th, 2004, 08:39 AM   #14
country flag Mr_Molik

Mr_Molik has a reputation beyond repute Mr_Molik has a reputation beyond repute Mr_Molik has a reputation beyond repute Mr_Molik has a reputation beyond repute Mr_Molik has a reputation beyond repute Mr_Molik has a reputation beyond repute Mr_Molik has a reputation beyond repute Mr_Molik has a reputation beyond repute Mr_Molik has a reputation beyond repute Mr_Molik has a reputation beyond repute Mr_Molik has a reputation beyond repute
i think she's hot and am happy for her, but i find her game terrible to watch. its just like bang bang bang hit hit hit miss miss miss, theres no second gear
Mr_Molik is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 30th, 2004, 11:44 AM   #15
country flag Lady

Lady has a reputation beyond repute Lady has a reputation beyond repute Lady has a reputation beyond repute Lady has a reputation beyond repute Lady has a reputation beyond repute Lady has a reputation beyond repute Lady has a reputation beyond repute Lady has a reputation beyond repute Lady has a reputation beyond repute Lady has a reputation beyond repute Lady has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by SJW
i like her game, but the hype aint for me, sorry.

i just like the way she pumps herself up and plays some good shots. but she needs to develop a game plan, cuz one day those shots are gonna go off and she's gonna lose like she did ala FO. some variety would be great, but she's only 17, so that's all to come
Agree on every word!

I like her a lot. Before Wimby I didn't consider her overrated, but the hype now is just killing all the joy from her wins for me.

The real LADY of the Justine Philistines' Society™
Lady is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote