If Momo wins Athens and reach #1 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jul 29th, 2004, 12:06 PM   #1
country flag skanky~skanketta

skanky~skanketta has a reputation beyond repute skanky~skanketta has a reputation beyond repute skanky~skanketta has a reputation beyond repute skanky~skanketta has a reputation beyond repute skanky~skanketta has a reputation beyond repute skanky~skanketta has a reputation beyond repute skanky~skanketta has a reputation beyond repute skanky~skanketta has a reputation beyond repute skanky~skanketta has a reputation beyond repute skanky~skanketta has a reputation beyond repute skanky~skanketta has a reputation beyond repute
If Momo wins Athens and reach #1

would you say they deserved it?or do u still think they had to win a grand slam first?

Last edited by name_change : Jul 30th, 2004 at 07:44 AM.
skanky~skanketta is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jul 29th, 2004, 12:46 PM   #2
country flag foreva lindsay

foreva lindsay has much to be proud of foreva lindsay has much to be proud of foreva lindsay has much to be proud of foreva lindsay has much to be proud of foreva lindsay has much to be proud of foreva lindsay has much to be proud of foreva lindsay has much to be proud of foreva lindsay has much to be proud of foreva lindsay has much to be proud of foreva lindsay has much to be proud of foreva lindsay has much to be proud of
lindsays not playing in athens count her out

Elena Baltacha Alicia Molik
*Alicia's coming back!!! *

Lisa Raymond Rennae Stubbs Nadia Petrova Anna-Lena Groenefeld
foreva lindsay is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 29th, 2004, 01:11 PM   #3
country flag LostGlory
Team WTAworld

LostGlory has a reputation beyond repute LostGlory has a reputation beyond repute LostGlory has a reputation beyond repute LostGlory has a reputation beyond repute LostGlory has a reputation beyond repute LostGlory has a reputation beyond repute LostGlory has a reputation beyond repute LostGlory has a reputation beyond repute LostGlory has a reputation beyond repute LostGlory has a reputation beyond repute LostGlory has a reputation beyond repute
Olympics

Lindsay Already Has An Olympic Gold And 3 Grand Slam Titles, Oh And She Will Not Go To This Year's Olympics. Momo, She Definetly Deserves It(fingers Crossed She Will Win A Medal At Least This Year)....because She Is One Of The Best Talents And Definetly Has The Best All Court Game On The Tour However She Hasn't Reached 1/2 Her Potential Yet.....which Reminds Us That We Should Be Mentally As Well As Physically Strong To Achieve Greatness In Any Sport...
LostGlory is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 30th, 2004, 07:44 AM   #4

skanky~skanketta has a reputation beyond repute skanky~skanketta has a reputation beyond repute skanky~skanketta has a reputation beyond repute skanky~skanketta has a reputation beyond repute skanky~skanketta has a reputation beyond repute skanky~skanketta has a reputation beyond repute skanky~skanketta has a reputation beyond repute skanky~skanketta has a reputation beyond repute skanky~skanketta has a reputation beyond repute skanky~skanketta has a reputation beyond repute skanky~skanketta has a reputation beyond repute
Bump
Old Jul 30th, 2004, 09:02 AM   #5
country flag ahimsadawn

ahimsadawn is just really nice ahimsadawn is just really nice ahimsadawn is just really nice ahimsadawn is just really nice ahimsadawn is just really nice ahimsadawn is just really nice ahimsadawn is just really nice ahimsadawn is just really nice ahimsadawn is just really nice ahimsadawn is just really nice ahimsadawn is just really nice
I don't think it's possible to reach No. 1 without earning it.
ahimsadawn is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 30th, 2004, 09:11 AM   #6
country flag LostGlory
Team WTAworld

LostGlory has a reputation beyond repute LostGlory has a reputation beyond repute LostGlory has a reputation beyond repute LostGlory has a reputation beyond repute LostGlory has a reputation beyond repute LostGlory has a reputation beyond repute LostGlory has a reputation beyond repute LostGlory has a reputation beyond repute LostGlory has a reputation beyond repute LostGlory has a reputation beyond repute LostGlory has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahimsadawn
I don't think it's possible to reach No. 1 without earning it.
There is a 1000 or more points difference between Momo and the No. 1 spot she needs to win Athens and the Usopen ...and Henin needs to loose both in early stages.....without forgetting Davenport who is impressively in form.....

You laugh at me because I'm different; I laugh because you're all the same

I'm Back
Old Jul 30th, 2004, 09:26 AM   #7
country flag Vass22

Vass22 has a brilliant future Vass22 has a brilliant future Vass22 has a brilliant future Vass22 has a brilliant future Vass22 has a brilliant future Vass22 has a brilliant future Vass22 has a brilliant future Vass22 has a brilliant future Vass22 has a brilliant future Vass22 has a brilliant future Vass22 has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by LostGlory
There is a 1000 or more points difference between Momo and the No. 1 spot she needs to win Athens and the Usopen ...and Henin needs to loose both in early stages.....without forgetting Davenport who is impressively in form.....
Justine is out of the picture I think. I doubt that she'll manage to get further than 3rd round in USO and she'll lose these points.
Old Jul 30th, 2004, 09:39 AM   #8

oh just answer the question already!

i mean, many complained when kim made #1 without winning a GS....and when martina was at #1 withhout winning a GS that year and same with lindsay in 01 i think. but if Momo wins the olympics, but not the USO and does welll till the end of the year and makes #1, would u say yeah, she deserved it?or would u say no she has to win a GS first?
Old Jul 30th, 2004, 09:47 AM   #9
country flag SerenaVenusNo1

SerenaVenusNo1 is on a distinguished road SerenaVenusNo1 is on a distinguished road SerenaVenusNo1 is on a distinguished road SerenaVenusNo1 is on a distinguished road SerenaVenusNo1 is on a distinguished road SerenaVenusNo1 is on a distinguished road SerenaVenusNo1 is on a distinguished road SerenaVenusNo1 is on a distinguished road SerenaVenusNo1 is on a distinguished road SerenaVenusNo1 is on a distinguished road SerenaVenusNo1 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by name_change
oh just answer the question already!

i mean, many complained when kim made #1 without winning a GS....and when martina was at #1 withhout winning a GS that year and same with lindsay in 01 i think. but if Momo wins the olympics, but not the USO and does welll till the end of the year and makes #1, would u say yeah, she deserved it?or would u say no she has to win a GS first?
The Olympics is prestigious because it is the Olympics, but in Tour value points, it's not even close to being on par with the majors, so no, it wouldn't make up for the lack of a major.
SerenaVenusNo1 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 30th, 2004, 09:49 AM   #10
country flag ~ The Leopard ~

~ The Leopard ~ has a reputation beyond repute ~ The Leopard ~ has a reputation beyond repute ~ The Leopard ~ has a reputation beyond repute ~ The Leopard ~ has a reputation beyond repute ~ The Leopard ~ has a reputation beyond repute ~ The Leopard ~ has a reputation beyond repute ~ The Leopard ~ has a reputation beyond repute ~ The Leopard ~ has a reputation beyond repute ~ The Leopard ~ has a reputation beyond repute ~ The Leopard ~ has a reputation beyond repute ~ The Leopard ~ has a reputation beyond repute
Of course she'll deserve it. So did Kimmie. It's important to win slams coz they're what history remembers people by, but they're overrated as a gauge of who is playing best. Kimmie was playing best when she got to number 1. Right now, Linzi is playing best. However, if Momo beats her to #1 (against the odds) then good for her.
Old Jul 30th, 2004, 09:52 AM   #11
country flag LostGlory
Team WTAworld

Wining an olympic Gold is the best Honor in any sport and that is why they included points for the Athens round.....besides so many player wish they could attend but each country is allowed a certain number and only the top 50 in the world can automatically qualify....the rest have to go through qualifying stages.....

I'm Back
Old Jul 30th, 2004, 10:01 AM   #12

SerenaVenusNo1 is on a distinguished road SerenaVenusNo1 is on a distinguished road SerenaVenusNo1 is on a distinguished road SerenaVenusNo1 is on a distinguished road SerenaVenusNo1 is on a distinguished road SerenaVenusNo1 is on a distinguished road SerenaVenusNo1 is on a distinguished road SerenaVenusNo1 is on a distinguished road SerenaVenusNo1 is on a distinguished road SerenaVenusNo1 is on a distinguished road SerenaVenusNo1 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by LostGlory
Wining an olympic Gold is the best Honor in any sport and that is why they included points for the Athens round.....besides so many player wish they could attend but each country is allowed a certain number and only the top 50 in the world can automatically qualify....the rest have to go through qualifying stages.....
They actually decided to include points because enough players DIDN'T feel that way and weren't playing.
Old Jul 30th, 2004, 10:01 AM   #13

Oh, and just about every tennis player on tour would rather have a Slam title than an Olympic gold.
Old Jul 30th, 2004, 10:07 AM   #14
country flag LostGlory
Team WTAworld

Quote:
Originally Posted by SerenaVenusNo1
Oh, and just about every tennis player on tour would rather have a Slam title than an Olympic gold.
Well they 'd rather that because they are getting a million dollars for the slam title, and just the gold medal for the olympics....we live in a material world my friend and believe u and me who ever tells u other wise is not telling you the real story....

I'm Back
Old Jul 30th, 2004, 10:27 AM   #15
country flag CJK

CJK is on a distinguished road CJK is on a distinguished road CJK is on a distinguished road CJK is on a distinguished road CJK is on a distinguished road CJK is on a distinguished road CJK is on a distinguished road CJK is on a distinguished road CJK is on a distinguished road CJK is on a distinguished road CJK is on a distinguished road
Yes she does deserve it, let's hope she does get there.
CJK is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote