Will Lindsay break the barrier for being at #1 for 40 weeks before she retires? - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jul 29th, 2004, 11:49 AM   #1
country flag RayRob
Team WTAworld

RayRob has much to be proud of RayRob has much to be proud of RayRob has much to be proud of RayRob has much to be proud of RayRob has much to be proud of RayRob has much to be proud of RayRob has much to be proud of RayRob has much to be proud of RayRob has much to be proud of RayRob has much to be proud of RayRob has much to be proud of
Will Lindsay break the barrier for being at #1 for 40 weeks before she retires?

With Lindsay playing some great tennis and all this talk about Lindsay's ranking. I was just wondering if any of you have any thoughts about Lindsay breaking the 40 weeks @ #1 barrier.

Lindsay currently stands at being at #1 for 37 weeks - can she make it 40?

Here is the current chart:

1/ S.Graf - 377
2/ M.Navratilova - 331
3/ C.Evert - 262
4/ M.Hingis - 209
5/ M.Seles - 178
6/ S.Williams - 57
7/ J.Henin-Hardenne - 39
8/ L.Davenport - 37
9/ T.Austin - 22
10/ J.Capriati - 17
11/ K.Clijsters - 12
11/ A.Sanchez-Vicario - 12
12/ V.Williams - 11

For as long as Justine is at number one, that number will keep going up.....but surely it is possible that Lindsay could be able to be number one by the ned of the year?!

I think it would be great if Lindsay can be at number one for as many weeks as she has won tournaments. If Lindsay comes back next year, will she beat Serena's number of weeks? Is that feasable?

I think she can do it! What do you guys think?

-Rachel
RayRob is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jul 29th, 2004, 12:43 PM   #2
country flag foreva lindsay

foreva lindsay has much to be proud of foreva lindsay has much to be proud of foreva lindsay has much to be proud of foreva lindsay has much to be proud of foreva lindsay has much to be proud of foreva lindsay has much to be proud of foreva lindsay has much to be proud of foreva lindsay has much to be proud of foreva lindsay has much to be proud of foreva lindsay has much to be proud of foreva lindsay has much to be proud of
i think she'd want to go past the 50 mark if shes happy with her tennis so lets hope she wants to go past 100

Elena Baltacha Alicia Molik
*Alicia's coming back!!! *

Lisa Raymond Rennae Stubbs Nadia Petrova Anna-Lena Groenefeld
foreva lindsay is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 29th, 2004, 01:21 PM   #3
country flag Frederic

Frederic is just really nice Frederic is just really nice Frederic is just really nice Frederic is just really nice Frederic is just really nice Frederic is just really nice Frederic is just really nice Frederic is just really nice Frederic is just really nice Frederic is just really nice Frederic is just really nice
Wow!!! It'll be hard for Lindsay to get over 100 weeks, it was already hard for her to be n1 for 37 weeks, so...I don't realy know. I'd just like she will overtakes Serena. Let's imagine, 100 weeks at n1 means that she'll be n1 until Linz 2005. I love Lindsay, and I'm a fan of Lindsay, but I can't imagine a crazy thing like that... And nothing is done, I'd like so much that Lindsay will be n1 again, but she isn't, so we can just suppose...
Frederic is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 29th, 2004, 03:03 PM   #4
country flag foreva lindsay

foreva lindsay has much to be proud of foreva lindsay has much to be proud of foreva lindsay has much to be proud of foreva lindsay has much to be proud of foreva lindsay has much to be proud of foreva lindsay has much to be proud of foreva lindsay has much to be proud of foreva lindsay has much to be proud of foreva lindsay has much to be proud of foreva lindsay has much to be proud of foreva lindsay has much to be proud of
i was joking frederic she'd never make 100 but its a lovely thought!

Elena Baltacha Alicia Molik
*Alicia's coming back!!! *

Lisa Raymond Rennae Stubbs Nadia Petrova Anna-Lena Groenefeld
foreva lindsay is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 30th, 2004, 01:33 PM   #5
country flag Kelly

Kelly has much to be proud of Kelly has much to be proud of Kelly has much to be proud of Kelly has much to be proud of Kelly has much to be proud of Kelly has much to be proud of Kelly has much to be proud of Kelly has much to be proud of Kelly has much to be proud of Kelly has much to be proud of Kelly has much to be proud of
lets hope so

TOWER OF POWER 2006

Kelly is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 30th, 2004, 04:54 PM   #6
country flag Andrew.
A winner is me.

Andrew. is a splendid one to behold Andrew. is a splendid one to behold Andrew. is a splendid one to behold Andrew. is a splendid one to behold Andrew. is a splendid one to behold Andrew. is a splendid one to behold Andrew. is a splendid one to behold Andrew. is a splendid one to behold Andrew. is a splendid one to behold Andrew. is a splendid one to behold Andrew. is a splendid one to behold
She would have to really screw up to not get the number one year end ranking. That alone would give her about eight more weeks at number one.
Old Jul 31st, 2004, 04:34 PM   #7
country flag Frederic

Frederic is just really nice Frederic is just really nice Frederic is just really nice Frederic is just really nice Frederic is just really nice Frederic is just really nice Frederic is just really nice Frederic is just really nice Frederic is just really nice Frederic is just really nice Frederic is just really nice
Oops!!! Sorry foreva lindsay, I thought you were very serious!!!! But you know, I'm like you!!! I'd like her to be n1 for more than 100 weeks!!!!!!! She might do it, one day!!!!!
Frederic is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 1st, 2004, 08:50 AM   #8
country flag jacs
Team WTAworld
TOP President

jacs has a brilliant future jacs has a brilliant future jacs has a brilliant future jacs has a brilliant future jacs has a brilliant future jacs has a brilliant future jacs has a brilliant future jacs has a brilliant future jacs has a brilliant future jacs has a brilliant future jacs has a brilliant future
She has a great shot at it, at least
It's not shyness I have. It's just that I'm not one of those people who loves to open a newspaper of magazine and see myself all the time. I don't like that at all. I prefer to play my tennis which I love, and with which I've been blessed.
LINDSAY DAVENPORT

BBT Belligerent Bliss on Twitter BBM Belligerent Bliss on Multiply
jacs is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 1st, 2004, 07:02 PM   #9
country flag Jan

Jan is a name known to all Jan is a name known to all Jan is a name known to all Jan is a name known to all Jan is a name known to all Jan is a name known to all Jan is a name known to all Jan is a name known to all Jan is a name known to all Jan is a name known to all Jan is a name known to all
I would love her to be No1 in the world again, and with any luck she will be by the year end. If she could get beyond Serenas 57 weeks it would be good. Just for her to be No 1 is good enough for me though, regardless of the weeks. I would love her to get as many weeks as possible of course.

Nice to see you in here JACS. Where have you been?
Good Luck to Heather Watson, Laura Robson, Kaia Kanepi
Jan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote