Is Venus too old to play more than 7 matches in 2 weeks realistically? - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jul 28th, 2004, 01:01 AM   #1
country flag CJK

CJK is on a distinguished road CJK is on a distinguished road CJK is on a distinguished road CJK is on a distinguished road CJK is on a distinguished road CJK is on a distinguished road CJK is on a distinguished road CJK is on a distinguished road CJK is on a distinguished road CJK is on a distinguished road CJK is on a distinguished road
Is Venus too old to play more than 7 matches in 2 weeks realistically?

She was injured playing her 8th match last week and pulled out this week.
She was fine doing that in 2001 and 2002, maybe after such a history of injuries, she is incapable of playing more than 7 matches in 2 weeks. After all she is 24 already, Martina is already retired by that age.
But she has to be prepared since she has to play a lot more with single snd doubles in Athens.
CJK is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jul 28th, 2004, 01:10 AM   #2
country flag LiliaLee-Frazier

LiliaLee-Frazier has much to be proud of LiliaLee-Frazier has much to be proud of LiliaLee-Frazier has much to be proud of LiliaLee-Frazier has much to be proud of LiliaLee-Frazier has much to be proud of LiliaLee-Frazier has much to be proud of LiliaLee-Frazier has much to be proud of LiliaLee-Frazier has much to be proud of LiliaLee-Frazier has much to be proud of LiliaLee-Frazier has much to be proud of LiliaLee-Frazier has much to be proud of
Wink

Not at all! She has always been injury prone..look at Davenpor ( 4 years older ) ...she has played 8 matches or so in the last 2 weeks and looks as fresh as a daisy
LiliaLee-Frazier is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 28th, 2004, 01:17 AM   #3
country flag fammmmedspin

fammmmedspin has a brilliant future fammmmedspin has a brilliant future fammmmedspin has a brilliant future fammmmedspin has a brilliant future fammmmedspin has a brilliant future fammmmedspin has a brilliant future fammmmedspin has a brilliant future fammmmedspin has a brilliant future fammmmedspin has a brilliant future fammmmedspin has a brilliant future fammmmedspin has a brilliant future
If we knew what has been wrong with Venus for the last 3 years we might be in a position to judge. As it is, the old wrist tendonitis seems to have turned into deadly suitcase and deadly shoe-lace syndrome.
fammmmedspin is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 28th, 2004, 01:20 AM   #4
country flag pcrtennis

pcrtennis has a brilliant future pcrtennis has a brilliant future pcrtennis has a brilliant future pcrtennis has a brilliant future pcrtennis has a brilliant future pcrtennis has a brilliant future pcrtennis has a brilliant future pcrtennis has a brilliant future pcrtennis has a brilliant future pcrtennis has a brilliant future pcrtennis has a brilliant future
You must be joking...there is no way you seriously consider that a logical question right??????
Old Jul 28th, 2004, 01:22 AM   #5
country flag thelittlestelf

thelittlestelf has a reputation beyond repute thelittlestelf has a reputation beyond repute thelittlestelf has a reputation beyond repute thelittlestelf has a reputation beyond repute thelittlestelf has a reputation beyond repute thelittlestelf has a reputation beyond repute thelittlestelf has a reputation beyond repute thelittlestelf has a reputation beyond repute thelittlestelf has a reputation beyond repute thelittlestelf has a reputation beyond repute thelittlestelf has a reputation beyond repute
She's only 24! Please!

LINDSAYDAVENPORT MARTINAHINGIS SERENAWILLIAMS MONICASELES CHANDARUBIN DANIELAHANTUCHOVA JENNIFERCAPRIATI MARYPIERCE JELENADOKIC KIMCLIJSTERS ANNAKOURNIKOVA JILLCRAYBAS
thelittlestelf is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 28th, 2004, 02:16 AM   #6
country flag Paneru

Paneru has a reputation beyond repute Paneru has a reputation beyond repute Paneru has a reputation beyond repute Paneru has a reputation beyond repute Paneru has a reputation beyond repute Paneru has a reputation beyond repute Paneru has a reputation beyond repute Paneru has a reputation beyond repute Paneru has a reputation beyond repute Paneru has a reputation beyond repute Paneru has a reputation beyond repute
Don't you just love all these idiotic
Venus thread popping up all over.
Paneru is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 28th, 2004, 02:19 AM   #7
country flag Jericho

Jericho has a reputation beyond repute Jericho has a reputation beyond repute Jericho has a reputation beyond repute Jericho has a reputation beyond repute Jericho has a reputation beyond repute Jericho has a reputation beyond repute Jericho has a reputation beyond repute Jericho has a reputation beyond repute Jericho has a reputation beyond repute Jericho has a reputation beyond repute Jericho has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by CJK
She was injured playing her 8th match last week and pulled out this week.
She was fine doing that in 2001 and 2002, maybe after such a history of injuries, she is incapable of playing more than 7 matches in 2 weeks. After all she is 24 already, Martina is already retired by that age.
But she has to be prepared since she has to play a lot more with single snd doubles in Athens.
what are you talking about? Venus was out for 6 months in 00' with tendinitis. If Venus is too old, then a lot of other players should be worried too.

Jericho is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 28th, 2004, 02:26 AM   #8
country flag Leo_DFP

Leo_DFP has a reputation beyond repute Leo_DFP has a reputation beyond repute Leo_DFP has a reputation beyond repute Leo_DFP has a reputation beyond repute Leo_DFP has a reputation beyond repute Leo_DFP has a reputation beyond repute Leo_DFP has a reputation beyond repute Leo_DFP has a reputation beyond repute Leo_DFP has a reputation beyond repute Leo_DFP has a reputation beyond repute Leo_DFP has a reputation beyond repute
24 is too old now?

Follow my tennis musings: http://davesdropshots.tumblr.com/
Leo_DFP is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 28th, 2004, 02:28 AM   #9
country flag Black Mamba.

Black Mamba. has a reputation beyond repute Black Mamba. has a reputation beyond repute Black Mamba. has a reputation beyond repute Black Mamba. has a reputation beyond repute Black Mamba. has a reputation beyond repute Black Mamba. has a reputation beyond repute Black Mamba. has a reputation beyond repute Black Mamba. has a reputation beyond repute Black Mamba. has a reputation beyond repute Black Mamba. has a reputation beyond repute Black Mamba. has a reputation beyond repute
Venus and Serena's injury problems especially concerning their ankles and knees are not a result of age but all are a result of poor footwork. I really think if they improved their footwork it could help prevent some injuries
Black Mamba. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 28th, 2004, 02:39 AM   #10
Cybelle Darkholme

Cybelle Darkholme has a brilliant future Cybelle Darkholme has a brilliant future Cybelle Darkholme has a brilliant future Cybelle Darkholme has a brilliant future Cybelle Darkholme has a brilliant future Cybelle Darkholme has a brilliant future Cybelle Darkholme has a brilliant future Cybelle Darkholme has a brilliant future Cybelle Darkholme has a brilliant future Cybelle Darkholme has a brilliant future Cybelle Darkholme has a brilliant future
And how long was davenport out with injuries?

And how long was chanda out with her injuries?

And how long has kim been out with her injuries?

Players get injured. Its sports. Deal with it.

THEY ALL GET INJURED.
The WTA Women of Wonder Featuring....The Goddess: Venus Williams The Glamazon: Serena Williams The Lioness: Jennifer Capriati The High Priestess: Monica Seles The Saint: Kim Clijsters The Phoenix: Chanda Rubin The Bon Vivant: Amelie Mauresmo The Titan: Lindsay Davenport The Courtesan: Anna Kournikova The Exile: Martina Hingis The Sorceress: Anatasia Myskina The Minx: Maria Sharapova
Cybelle Darkholme is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 28th, 2004, 02:39 AM   #11
country flag Janet

Janet is a glorious beacon of light Janet is a glorious beacon of light Janet is a glorious beacon of light Janet is a glorious beacon of light Janet is a glorious beacon of light Janet is a glorious beacon of light Janet is a glorious beacon of light Janet is a glorious beacon of light Janet is a glorious beacon of light Janet is a glorious beacon of light Janet is a glorious beacon of light
You guys should talk about something else...........you know if the williams were winning touraments after tourament you guys will be hating.........you guys are just like the media on this broad...............their is no pleasing you guys!! what ever body should concern about is that venus get-well and feel better, and no she is not too old either............and it is just her injury holding her back, don't you think she wants to win matches & touraments I don't think she goes out their to lose, so if anybody on this board is a true fan...................you will just wish venus all the best for the rest of the summer, all althlets goes though their ups & down I'm sure she apprieate her fans to wish her will not negative talk.......
Janet is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 28th, 2004, 02:55 AM   #12
country flag Dana Marcy

Dana Marcy has a reputation beyond repute Dana Marcy has a reputation beyond repute Dana Marcy has a reputation beyond repute Dana Marcy has a reputation beyond repute Dana Marcy has a reputation beyond repute Dana Marcy has a reputation beyond repute Dana Marcy has a reputation beyond repute Dana Marcy has a reputation beyond repute Dana Marcy has a reputation beyond repute Dana Marcy has a reputation beyond repute Dana Marcy has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cybelle Darkholme
And how long was davenport out with injuries?

And how long was chanda out with her injuries?

And how long has kim been out with her injuries?

Players get injured. Its sports. Deal with it.

THEY ALL GET INJURED.
Thank you! So there! LOL
Dana Marcy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 28th, 2004, 03:01 AM   #13
country flag CJK

CJK is on a distinguished road CJK is on a distinguished road CJK is on a distinguished road CJK is on a distinguished road CJK is on a distinguished road CJK is on a distinguished road CJK is on a distinguished road CJK is on a distinguished road CJK is on a distinguished road CJK is on a distinguished road CJK is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet
You guys should talk about something else...........you know if the williams were winning touraments after tourament you guys will be hating.........you guys are just like the media on this broad...............their is no pleasing you guys!! what ever body should concern about is that venus get-well and feel better, and no she is not too old either............and it is just her injury holding her back, don't you think she wants to win matches & touraments I don't think she goes out their to lose, so if anybody on this board is a true fan...................you will just wish venus all the best for the rest of the summer, all althlets goes though their ups & down I'm sure she apprieate her fans to wish her will not negative talk.......
No hate intended, this is a thread regarding the interesting observation of Venus pulling out of tournaments which she commits, again. And the possible connection of her injuries with more than usual # of matches she plays. With her style of playing, she tends to be injured. I hope she can be back too.
CJK is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 28th, 2004, 03:11 AM   #14
clonesheep

clonesheep has a brilliant future clonesheep has a brilliant future clonesheep has a brilliant future clonesheep has a brilliant future clonesheep has a brilliant future clonesheep has a brilliant future clonesheep has a brilliant future clonesheep has a brilliant future clonesheep has a brilliant future clonesheep has a brilliant future clonesheep has a brilliant future
Speaking of age, right before Graf retired at 29 she won FO and reached Wimbledon final. So, if you take good care of yourself, age is not a critical issue. On men's side, Agassi is still playing at 34 but just began to show signs of decline. I'd say the physical limits for men and women are around 35 and 30.
clonesheep is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 28th, 2004, 04:03 AM   #15
country flag mboyle

mboyle has a reputation beyond repute mboyle has a reputation beyond repute mboyle has a reputation beyond repute mboyle has a reputation beyond repute mboyle has a reputation beyond repute mboyle has a reputation beyond repute mboyle has a reputation beyond repute mboyle has a reputation beyond repute mboyle has a reputation beyond repute mboyle has a reputation beyond repute mboyle has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by FraziersFan
Not at all! She has always been injury prone..look at Davenpor ( 4 years older ) ...she has played 8 matches or so in the last 2 weeks and looks as fresh as a daisy
don't jinx it ...
mboyle is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote