Serena had possible blister/foot injury - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jul 27th, 2004, 11:59 PM   #1
country flag Venus+Serena#1fan

Venus+Serena#1fan is a splendid one to behold Venus+Serena#1fan is a splendid one to behold Venus+Serena#1fan is a splendid one to behold Venus+Serena#1fan is a splendid one to behold Venus+Serena#1fan is a splendid one to behold Venus+Serena#1fan is a splendid one to behold Venus+Serena#1fan is a splendid one to behold Venus+Serena#1fan is a splendid one to behold Venus+Serena#1fan is a splendid one to behold Venus+Serena#1fan is a splendid one to behold Venus+Serena#1fan is a splendid one to behold
Serena had possible blister/foot injury

I wouldnt necessarily say its an injury but it looks like blisters probably. The obvious delays in the scoreboard might have shown there was an injury timeout or something, that might help explain some of her play, for today at least.....

http://editorial.****************/so...||0|0&p=2&pk=4
Venus+Serena#1fan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jul 28th, 2004, 12:01 AM   #2
country flag Venus+Serena#1fan

Venus+Serena#1fan is a splendid one to behold Venus+Serena#1fan is a splendid one to behold Venus+Serena#1fan is a splendid one to behold Venus+Serena#1fan is a splendid one to behold Venus+Serena#1fan is a splendid one to behold Venus+Serena#1fan is a splendid one to behold Venus+Serena#1fan is a splendid one to behold Venus+Serena#1fan is a splendid one to behold Venus+Serena#1fan is a splendid one to behold Venus+Serena#1fan is a splendid one to behold Venus+Serena#1fan is a splendid one to behold
sorry its not working, the image can be found at the Getty images dot com website under the sports section, Acura classic day 2.
Venus+Serena#1fan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 28th, 2004, 12:05 AM   #3
country flag nate_my_love

nate_my_love nate_my_love nate_my_love nate_my_love nate_my_love nate_my_love nate_my_love nate_my_love nate_my_love nate_my_love nate_my_love
please don't post a pic that can not be viewed ...
See..what you just did? You disappointed me..:O(
nate_my_love is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 28th, 2004, 12:29 AM   #4
country flag Hant Hant

Hant Hant is a glorious beacon of light Hant Hant is a glorious beacon of light Hant Hant is a glorious beacon of light Hant Hant is a glorious beacon of light Hant Hant is a glorious beacon of light Hant Hant is a glorious beacon of light Hant Hant is a glorious beacon of light Hant Hant is a glorious beacon of light Hant Hant is a glorious beacon of light Hant Hant is a glorious beacon of light Hant Hant is a glorious beacon of light
um lol
Hant Hant is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 28th, 2004, 12:39 AM   #5
country flag Gogo123

Gogo123 is a name known to all Gogo123 is a name known to all Gogo123 is a name known to all Gogo123 is a name known to all Gogo123 is a name known to all Gogo123 is a name known to all Gogo123 is a name known to all Gogo123 is a name known to all Gogo123 is a name known to all Gogo123 is a name known to all Gogo123 is a name known to all
I hope its nothing serious...it looks the williams sisters cant play 3 consecutive tournaments without getting injured again...
serena played miami amelia then withdrew from charleston
venus won charleston then warsaw then withdrew from berlin final
venus again played stanford los angeles then withdrew from san diego
serena played los angeles now san diego then withdraw from montreal??
Tatiana Golovin
Gogo123 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 28th, 2004, 12:52 AM   #6
country flag Oneofakind0490

Oneofakind0490 has a reputation beyond repute Oneofakind0490 has a reputation beyond repute Oneofakind0490 has a reputation beyond repute Oneofakind0490 has a reputation beyond repute Oneofakind0490 has a reputation beyond repute Oneofakind0490 has a reputation beyond repute Oneofakind0490 has a reputation beyond repute Oneofakind0490 has a reputation beyond repute Oneofakind0490 has a reputation beyond repute Oneofakind0490 has a reputation beyond repute Oneofakind0490 has a reputation beyond repute
Updated: 08:24 PM EDT
Williams sisters endure tough day at Acura Classic

CARLSBAD, Calif. (AP) - Top-seeded Serena Williams overcame a foot injury and an unexpected challenge from Jelena Jankovic, but won her second-round match Tuesday at the Acura Classic.

While Serena took more than two hours to beat her unseeded opponent, older sister Venus had even bigger problems and withdrew from her first-round match against Gisela Dulko with a sprained right wrist. Venus sustained the injury last week and was forced to withdraw during the semifinals of the WTA tournament in Carson, Calif.

"The good news is I'm doing better," Venus told the stadium crowd over the P.A. system moments before her scheduled match. "The bad news is I couldn't get better enough to play today."

Serena's foot injury appeared to happen in the fifth game of the third set of her 6-7 (3), 6-3, 6-2 victory. She pulled up lame with her left foot after chasing down a ball.

With Serena holding a 3-2 lead on the changeover in the third set , both players required medical attention from a WTA trainer that lasted 10 minutes. Serena appeared to have the instep of her left foot taped, while the trainer worked on stretching Jankovic's back.

Serena played gingerly on her left foot in the winning the final three games.

Wimbledon champion Maria Sharapova was scheduled to play the first of two night matches, her initial action since winning her first Grand Slam title with a surprisingly easy victory over Serena.

Serena, routed by Lindsay Davenport 6-1, 6-3 in Sunday's final at Carson, appeared intent on making quick work of Jankovic, ranked 44th in the world. When Serena took a 4-1 lead, it looked like it wouldn't take her long.

But Jankovic came back, broke Serena's serve three straight times and tied the match. Jankovic began to match ground strokes with Serena, who also started committing numerous unforced errors. Jankovic won the tiebreaker on two consecutive hitting errors by Serena.

Serena came back and won the second set, although it was not as easy as the score indicated. She then took a 3-2 lead in the third set before finishing off the match winning three straight games.

No. 10 Nadia Petrova was the only seeded player to lose, dropping a 6-4, 1-6, 6-4 first-round decision to Elena Likhovtseva.

In other second-round matches involving seeded players, No. 3 Anastasia Myskina beat Barbara Schett 6-3, 6-4, and No. 12 Vera Zvonareva was a 6-0, 6-3 winner over Maria Sanchez Lorenzo.

07/27/04 20:23 EDT

Copyright 2004 The Associated Press.
Oneofakind0490 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 28th, 2004, 01:58 AM   #7
bandabou

bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute
Hmmm....it doesn´t sound as serious, so that´s cool.
bandabou is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote