What's up with Jana Novotna? - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jul 27th, 2004, 01:47 PM   #1
country flag GoGoMaggie

GoGoMaggie is a jewel in the rough GoGoMaggie is a jewel in the rough GoGoMaggie is a jewel in the rough GoGoMaggie is a jewel in the rough GoGoMaggie is a jewel in the rough GoGoMaggie is a jewel in the rough GoGoMaggie is a jewel in the rough GoGoMaggie is a jewel in the rough GoGoMaggie is a jewel in the rough GoGoMaggie is a jewel in the rough GoGoMaggie is a jewel in the rough
What's up with Jana Novotna?

I haven't heard from her for ages.
Can anybody update me on her recent activities?
GoGoMaggie is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jul 27th, 2004, 01:52 PM   #2
Kart

Kart is an unknown quantity at this point
Do you really think she was the biggest choker ever ?
Kart is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 27th, 2004, 01:53 PM   #3
Kart

Kart is an unknown quantity at this point
Sorry, that was off topic - I have no idea what she's doing. I do remember reading on this board that she recently played in a publicised doubles match but that's all I remember.
Kart is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 27th, 2004, 01:53 PM   #4
country flag GermanBoy

GermanBoy has a brilliant future GermanBoy has a brilliant future GermanBoy has a brilliant future GermanBoy has a brilliant future GermanBoy has a brilliant future GermanBoy has a brilliant future GermanBoy has a brilliant future GermanBoy has a brilliant future GermanBoy has a brilliant future GermanBoy has a brilliant future GermanBoy has a brilliant future
I wasn`t a fan of Novotna but I loved her slice. It was a pleasure to seeing her play...

Proud to be one of Jen`s Hell`s Angels!
GermanBoy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 27th, 2004, 02:03 PM   #5
country flag crazillo

crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute
She is coaching an American, I think Carly Gullickson was it.
She won the Wimbledon doubles title over 35 I think.
"There is a saying that there is no friendship in tennis, but I've proven the opposite. After all of them are here, it means that there is friendship and I want to thank them for being here tonight. I hope the fans are happy too."

My blog about my semester spent in China (bilingual in both German and English):
http://crazillo.jimdo.com! Please feel free to make comments!!
crazillo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 27th, 2004, 02:13 PM   #6
country flag jesper1979
Banned

jesper1979 is an unknown quantity at this point jesper1979 is an unknown quantity at this point jesper1979 is an unknown quantity at this point jesper1979 is an unknown quantity at this point jesper1979 is an unknown quantity at this point jesper1979 is an unknown quantity at this point jesper1979 is an unknown quantity at this point jesper1979 is an unknown quantity at this point jesper1979 is an unknown quantity at this point jesper1979 is an unknown quantity at this point jesper1979 is an unknown quantity at this point
I think that when she was off court she was a super nice sweet girl, on court she was the opposite but thats how it should be i guess. Hope she will find herself a cuter girlfriend then Hana M though
jesper1979 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 27th, 2004, 02:17 PM   #7
country flag Dava

Dava has a brilliant future Dava has a brilliant future Dava has a brilliant future Dava has a brilliant future Dava has a brilliant future Dava has a brilliant future Dava has a brilliant future Dava has a brilliant future Dava has a brilliant future Dava has a brilliant future Dava has a brilliant future
She won the WImbledon Over 35's doubles title with someone I had never heard of, they beat Durie and Sukova 1-6 7-5 6-1. Jana was very into the match and looked in great shape (and the only reason I watched these relics of tennis history play was becuase the mens final was delayed due to rain but the outside courts kept playing).
ALSO STARRING
THE GIRLS ON TOUR!

ASAGOE~BOVINA~JANKOVIC~MOLIK
MYSKINA~SCHNYDER~ZVONAREVA

THE YOUNG GUNS

BACSINSZKY~CHAKVATADZE~IVANOVIC
JACKSON~KIRILENKO~LINETSKAYA
MAKAROVA~MIRZA

THE COMEBACK KIDS

BEYGELZIMER~DOKIC~HARKLEROAD
SPREM~VAKULENKO

Dava is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 27th, 2004, 04:59 PM   #8
country flag MLF

MLF has a reputation beyond repute MLF has a reputation beyond repute MLF has a reputation beyond repute MLF has a reputation beyond repute MLF has a reputation beyond repute MLF has a reputation beyond repute MLF has a reputation beyond repute MLF has a reputation beyond repute MLF has a reputation beyond repute MLF has a reputation beyond repute MLF has a reputation beyond repute
Jana won the over 35 women's doubles at Wimbledon with Mima Jausovec ( former French Open finalist, top 10 player and current Slovenian Fed Cup captain ).

Jana played a doubles challenger earlier this year but lost 1st round with Kathy Rinaldi to Panova and Jidkova.
MLF is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 27th, 2004, 05:18 PM   #9
country flag HectorMagnus

HectorMagnus has a reputation beyond repute HectorMagnus has a reputation beyond repute HectorMagnus has a reputation beyond repute HectorMagnus has a reputation beyond repute HectorMagnus has a reputation beyond repute HectorMagnus has a reputation beyond repute HectorMagnus has a reputation beyond repute HectorMagnus has a reputation beyond repute HectorMagnus has a reputation beyond repute HectorMagnus has a reputation beyond repute HectorMagnus has a reputation beyond repute
She's also co-director of two WTA tournaments (Luxemburg? and???).

Her Wimby final is classic, I remember when she was in command and our commentator (Czech television) said: "She can't lose it. She can only lose it when she starts to worry about result...."
HectorMagnus is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 27th, 2004, 05:22 PM   #10
country flag HanaFanGA

HanaFanGA is a splendid one to behold HanaFanGA is a splendid one to behold HanaFanGA is a splendid one to behold HanaFanGA is a splendid one to behold HanaFanGA is a splendid one to behold HanaFanGA is a splendid one to behold HanaFanGA is a splendid one to behold HanaFanGA is a splendid one to behold HanaFanGA is a splendid one to behold HanaFanGA is a splendid one to behold HanaFanGA is a splendid one to behold
Jana has also talked about writing a book in recent years. I'm hoping that she will indeed do that. She had a wonderful career and seems like a super nice person!
HanaFanGA is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 27th, 2004, 06:05 PM   #11
country flag GermanBoy

GermanBoy has a brilliant future GermanBoy has a brilliant future GermanBoy has a brilliant future GermanBoy has a brilliant future GermanBoy has a brilliant future GermanBoy has a brilliant future GermanBoy has a brilliant future GermanBoy has a brilliant future GermanBoy has a brilliant future GermanBoy has a brilliant future GermanBoy has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dava
She won the WImbledon Over 35's doubles title with someone I had never heard of, they beat Durie and Sukova 1-6 7-5 6-1.
Sukova and Durie led 6/1, 5/1...

Proud to be one of Jen`s Hell`s Angels!
GermanBoy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 27th, 2004, 08:03 PM   #12
country flag HanaFanGA

HanaFanGA is a splendid one to behold HanaFanGA is a splendid one to behold HanaFanGA is a splendid one to behold HanaFanGA is a splendid one to behold HanaFanGA is a splendid one to behold HanaFanGA is a splendid one to behold HanaFanGA is a splendid one to behold HanaFanGA is a splendid one to behold HanaFanGA is a splendid one to behold HanaFanGA is a splendid one to behold HanaFanGA is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by GermanBoy
Sukova and Durie led 6/1, 5/1...

Jana, no doubt, would have been the driving force of her team with Jausevec. But Mima wasn't a bad player during her day. She won the French singles and doubles. That was during the weaker years of the FO in the late 70's. But Mima was no stranger to the later rounds of the other majors or the top 10. Still, Sukova/Durie had to have made a very tough team to beat.
HanaFanGA is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 27th, 2004, 08:44 PM   #13
country flag Declan

Declan has much to be proud of Declan has much to be proud of Declan has much to be proud of Declan has much to be proud of Declan has much to be proud of Declan has much to be proud of Declan has much to be proud of Declan has much to be proud of Declan has much to be proud of Declan has much to be proud of Declan has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dava
She won the WImbledon Over 35's doubles title with someone I had never heard of, they beat Durie and Sukova 1-6 7-5 6-1. Jana was very into the match and looked in great shape (and the only reason I watched these relics of tennis history play was becuase the mens final was delayed due to rain but the outside courts kept playing).

How can you not have heard of Mima Jausovec??! Or, if you saw a name you were unfamiliar with, were you not tempted to find out about her and what she achieved?
Declan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 27th, 2004, 09:13 PM   #14
country flag Elske
Kitty's muff muncher

Elske has a reputation beyond repute Elske has a reputation beyond repute Elske has a reputation beyond repute Elske has a reputation beyond repute Elske has a reputation beyond repute Elske has a reputation beyond repute Elske has a reputation beyond repute Elske has a reputation beyond repute Elske has a reputation beyond repute Elske has a reputation beyond repute Elske has a reputation beyond repute
well i saw her play at wimbledon last month, got her autograph and took a picture with her she looked great + she was very friendly
Attached Images
File Type: jpg jana1.jpg (61.6 KB, 49 views)
File Type: jpg jana2.jpg (43.2 KB, 42 views)
File Type: jpg jana5.jpg (21.4 KB, 39 views)
File Type: jpg jana3.jpg (47.3 KB, 42 views)
Elske is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 29th, 2004, 11:14 AM   #15
country flag DiNaPic

DiNaPic is a splendid one to behold DiNaPic is a splendid one to behold DiNaPic is a splendid one to behold DiNaPic is a splendid one to behold DiNaPic is a splendid one to behold DiNaPic is a splendid one to behold DiNaPic is a splendid one to behold DiNaPic is a splendid one to behold DiNaPic is a splendid one to behold DiNaPic is a splendid one to behold DiNaPic is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by HectorMagnus
She's also co-director of two WTA tournaments (Luxemburg? and???).
... Rosmalen ( = s'Hertogenbosch). In fact, she is the "owner" of these two tournaments.

I talked to her last year in Rosmalen, and she was thinking about initiating a Women's Senior Tour ( " ... but not with Brenda Schultz, she hits too hard " ). As we all see, she has not succeeded with this idea so far.
photo archive on www.archive.livesportphoto.com
visit me on facebook: http://www.facebook.com/srch.php?nm=dieter+nagel
DiNaPic is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote