Serena Not Hitting Anything Clean - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jul 27th, 2004, 03:29 AM   #1
country flag SharapovaFan16

SharapovaFan16 has a brilliant future SharapovaFan16 has a brilliant future SharapovaFan16 has a brilliant future SharapovaFan16 has a brilliant future SharapovaFan16 has a brilliant future SharapovaFan16 has a brilliant future SharapovaFan16 has a brilliant future SharapovaFan16 has a brilliant future SharapovaFan16 has a brilliant future SharapovaFan16 has a brilliant future SharapovaFan16 has a brilliant future
Serena Not Hitting Anything Clean

SHe isn't hitting anything clean, because she has become slower, and isn't positioning herself well to return the ball. Her opponents are then putting her into so many tough spots because she can't return it half the time. She complains and yells at herself, but in reality its her opponents who are putting her into those spots. Plus I'm tired of her bitching about how she commited suicide, or didn't play well and beat her self. Bull shit man! The opponent is beating her. Sharapova and Lindsey both slammed her, and beat her. Serena didn't beat her self. She gave some credit to Maria but none to Lindsey. Getting tired of this.
SharapovaFan16 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jul 27th, 2004, 03:30 AM   #2
country flag kosmikgroove

kosmikgroove has a reputation beyond repute kosmikgroove has a reputation beyond repute kosmikgroove has a reputation beyond repute kosmikgroove has a reputation beyond repute kosmikgroove has a reputation beyond repute kosmikgroove has a reputation beyond repute kosmikgroove has a reputation beyond repute kosmikgroove has a reputation beyond repute kosmikgroove has a reputation beyond repute kosmikgroove has a reputation beyond repute kosmikgroove has a reputation beyond repute
ooh this one should get interesting realy quick like...
kosmikgroove is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 27th, 2004, 03:34 AM   #3
country flag UDiTY

UDiTY has much to be proud of UDiTY has much to be proud of UDiTY has much to be proud of UDiTY has much to be proud of UDiTY has much to be proud of UDiTY has much to be proud of UDiTY has much to be proud of UDiTY has much to be proud of UDiTY has much to be proud of UDiTY has much to be proud of UDiTY has much to be proud of
She isn't hitting the ball well. And there are alot more semi-top players now then there were in '02.

But she is still playing and hitting a heck of alot worse than '02.

If she brings it back tho...her opponents' play won't mean jack.

UDiTY is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 27th, 2004, 03:35 AM   #4
country flag Mr_Molik

Mr_Molik has a reputation beyond repute Mr_Molik has a reputation beyond repute Mr_Molik has a reputation beyond repute Mr_Molik has a reputation beyond repute Mr_Molik has a reputation beyond repute Mr_Molik has a reputation beyond repute Mr_Molik has a reputation beyond repute Mr_Molik has a reputation beyond repute Mr_Molik has a reputation beyond repute Mr_Molik has a reputation beyond repute Mr_Molik has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by SharapovaFan16
Plus I'm tired of her bitching about how she commited suicide, or didn't play well and beat her self. Bull shit man! The opponent is beating her. Sharapova and Lindsey both slammed her, and beat her. Serena didn't beat her self. She gave some credit to Maria but none to Lindsey. Getting tired of this.
i agree
giving credit to ur opponent still means nothing when u say u played at 20% of ur normal level or u committed suicide
learn how to lose graciously please serena, ur making a fool of urself

Sophie Ferguson ~ Casey Dellacqua ~ Samantha Stosur ~ Jessica Moore ~ Christina Wheeler ~ Monique Adamczak ~
Mr_Molik is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 27th, 2004, 03:38 AM   #5
country flag Cam'ron Giles
Snitch

Cam'ron Giles has a reputation beyond repute Cam'ron Giles has a reputation beyond repute Cam'ron Giles has a reputation beyond repute Cam'ron Giles has a reputation beyond repute Cam'ron Giles has a reputation beyond repute Cam'ron Giles has a reputation beyond repute Cam'ron Giles has a reputation beyond repute Cam'ron Giles has a reputation beyond repute Cam'ron Giles has a reputation beyond repute Cam'ron Giles has a reputation beyond repute Cam'ron Giles has a reputation beyond repute
Serena Not Hitting Anything Clean

When I first say this title I was all...

Will you be there?
Cam'ron Giles is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 27th, 2004, 03:42 AM   #6
country flag 00seles04

00seles04 is on a distinguished road 00seles04 is on a distinguished road 00seles04 is on a distinguished road 00seles04 is on a distinguished road 00seles04 is on a distinguished road 00seles04 is on a distinguished road 00seles04 is on a distinguished road 00seles04 is on a distinguished road 00seles04 is on a distinguished road 00seles04 is on a distinguished road 00seles04 is on a distinguished road
Ya I was going to bring the whole "I committed suicide out there" comment. I just think Serena just tries to avoid the fact that these players are just playing over her and she can't just handle being drubbed like that. Really a poor excuse. I guess if everyone expects you to be so great all the time and have the reputation for killing everyone on the court, it must be a hard pill to swallow that her pride keeps getting hurt by all these losses.

M O N I C A
00seles04 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 27th, 2004, 03:46 AM   #7
country flag Cam'ron Giles
Snitch

Cam'ron Giles has a reputation beyond repute Cam'ron Giles has a reputation beyond repute Cam'ron Giles has a reputation beyond repute Cam'ron Giles has a reputation beyond repute Cam'ron Giles has a reputation beyond repute Cam'ron Giles has a reputation beyond repute Cam'ron Giles has a reputation beyond repute Cam'ron Giles has a reputation beyond repute Cam'ron Giles has a reputation beyond repute Cam'ron Giles has a reputation beyond repute Cam'ron Giles has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by 00seles04
Ya I was going to bring the whole "I committed suicide out there" comment. I just think Serena just tries to avoid the fact that these players are just playing over her and she can't just handle being drubbed like that. Really a poor excuse. I guess if everyone expects you to be so great all the time and have the reputation for killing everyone on the court, it must be a hard pill to swallow that her pride keeps getting hurt by all these losses.
All what losses? As I recall, she has made it to the finals of every tourney she played this year but what, 2?

Will you be there?
Cam'ron Giles is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 27th, 2004, 03:55 AM   #8
WtaTour4Ever
Team WTAworld

WtaTour4Ever is a glorious beacon of light WtaTour4Ever is a glorious beacon of light WtaTour4Ever is a glorious beacon of light WtaTour4Ever is a glorious beacon of light WtaTour4Ever is a glorious beacon of light WtaTour4Ever is a glorious beacon of light WtaTour4Ever is a glorious beacon of light WtaTour4Ever is a glorious beacon of light WtaTour4Ever is a glorious beacon of light WtaTour4Ever is a glorious beacon of light WtaTour4Ever is a glorious beacon of light
I am a huge Serena fan but I have been wondering myself if she was slower or if maybe her movement isn't at the level it used to be. She always seems to be delayed in reacting to shots and sometimes seems as if she is falling all over the place, I'm not sure what it is exactly but she just doesn't seem as smooth as a whole as she was before,at least on a consistent basis. I wonder if it is lack of match play, a result of the knee surgery etc. Only time will tell but I'm sure she will be back soon.
WtaTour4Ever is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 27th, 2004, 03:57 AM   #9
country flag tennisIlove09

tennisIlove09 has a reputation beyond repute tennisIlove09 has a reputation beyond repute tennisIlove09 has a reputation beyond repute tennisIlove09 has a reputation beyond repute tennisIlove09 has a reputation beyond repute tennisIlove09 has a reputation beyond repute tennisIlove09 has a reputation beyond repute tennisIlove09 has a reputation beyond repute tennisIlove09 has a reputation beyond repute tennisIlove09 has a reputation beyond repute tennisIlove09 has a reputation beyond repute
It's not WHO she's losing too (only questionable loss is to Petrova, IMO), it's HOW she's losing. 6-4 6-4 to Jennifer? 6-1 6-4 to Maria? 6-1 6-3 to Davenport? There's just no fight.
tennisIlove09 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 27th, 2004, 04:02 AM   #10
country flag 00seles04

00seles04 is on a distinguished road 00seles04 is on a distinguished road 00seles04 is on a distinguished road 00seles04 is on a distinguished road 00seles04 is on a distinguished road 00seles04 is on a distinguished road 00seles04 is on a distinguished road 00seles04 is on a distinguished road 00seles04 is on a distinguished road 00seles04 is on a distinguished road 00seles04 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cam'ron Giles
All what losses? As I recall, she has made it to the finals of every tourney she played this year but what, 2?

Losses as in the French, Wimbledon, and last week. They don't count? Do they need to be 20 thousand something losses so that you can make a statement regarding her suicide comment? And well she might be consistent, but a loss is a loss, much as a win is a win. I'm not trying to downplay her results nor try to expose that she's not playing as well before her injury. Just remind yourself what the topic of the post, that's what I was referring to.

...Also, I've always wondered if people were going to bring up the differences in how Serena moves now compared to before her injury. She seems to be more reactive in the highlights have seen now. But I dunno, might have something to do with some of her losses.

M O N I C A
00seles04 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 27th, 2004, 05:23 AM   #11
country flag Dan23

Dan23 has a reputation beyond repute Dan23 has a reputation beyond repute Dan23 has a reputation beyond repute Dan23 has a reputation beyond repute Dan23 has a reputation beyond repute Dan23 has a reputation beyond repute Dan23 has a reputation beyond repute Dan23 has a reputation beyond repute Dan23 has a reputation beyond repute Dan23 has a reputation beyond repute Dan23 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by SharapovaFan16
SHe isn't hitting anything clean, because she has become slower, and isn't positioning herself well to return the ball. Her opponents are then putting her into so many tough spots because she can't return it half the time. She complains and yells at herself, but in reality its her opponents who are putting her into those spots. Plus I'm tired of her bitching about how she commited suicide, or didn't play well and beat her self. Bull shit man! The opponent is beating her. Sharapova and Lindsey both slammed her, and beat her. Serena didn't beat her self. She gave some credit to Maria but none to Lindsey. Getting tired of this.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Molik
i agree
giving credit to ur opponent still means nothing when u say u played at 20% of ur normal level or u committed suicide
learn how to lose graciously please serena, ur making a fool of urself
Great posts
Being fair to your opponent, win or lose, goes a long way towards gaining everyones respect.

Cheers,
ils
pavlyuchenkova

Dan23 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 27th, 2004, 10:08 AM   #12
bandabou

bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute
Please guys, please....I mean you think the 6-1 6-3 and 6-1 6-4 results against Maria and Lindsay had ONLY to do with the play of Lindsay and Maria and nothing Serena could do?!

I mean, this is SERENA we´re talking about. Sure, she can lose....but when she losses like this then I think it is fair to say that she played a bad match.

And why is it only Serena that gets all the loop?! You think she´s the only one who explains her losses?! Wait for the next time Maria loses...and go see her comments.
bandabou is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 27th, 2004, 11:06 AM   #13
pigam

pigam has a reputation beyond repute pigam has a reputation beyond repute pigam has a reputation beyond repute pigam has a reputation beyond repute pigam has a reputation beyond repute pigam has a reputation beyond repute pigam has a reputation beyond repute pigam has a reputation beyond repute pigam has a reputation beyond repute pigam has a reputation beyond repute pigam has a reputation beyond repute
the 'not clean hitting' has nothing to do with speed.
She's fast enough, maybe even too fast at times.
Footwork is not the same as 'speed'.
Footwork is being well placed and being light on your feet and moving forward while
hitting the ball.
Serena was too quick for some balls at times . She run into the ball and stuff.
She just needs to get her feet moving and control her nerves (I don't know why all of
a sudden they've popped up ).
For me, the havy breathing and the heavy legs are signs of nerves... that's it,
she (of course) still has the strokes, although her 2nd serve was quite dissapointing.

Justine: feb. 5, 2007:

"I hung on to tennis. I have done so for the past 20 years. It is something that is in me, it is me."
pigam is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 27th, 2004, 11:08 AM   #14
country flag Matt Clarke
Banned

Matt Clarke is an unknown quantity at this point Matt Clarke is an unknown quantity at this point Matt Clarke is an unknown quantity at this point Matt Clarke is an unknown quantity at this point Matt Clarke is an unknown quantity at this point Matt Clarke is an unknown quantity at this point Matt Clarke is an unknown quantity at this point Matt Clarke is an unknown quantity at this point Matt Clarke is an unknown quantity at this point Matt Clarke is an unknown quantity at this point Matt Clarke is an unknown quantity at this point
Stop blaming Serena, give credit where credit is due, and thats credit to Sharapova and Davenport.
Matt Clarke is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 27th, 2004, 11:09 AM   #15
country flag Nobody's Perfecc

Nobody's Perfecc is just really nice Nobody's Perfecc is just really nice Nobody's Perfecc is just really nice Nobody's Perfecc is just really nice Nobody's Perfecc is just really nice Nobody's Perfecc is just really nice Nobody's Perfecc is just really nice Nobody's Perfecc is just really nice Nobody's Perfecc is just really nice Nobody's Perfecc is just really nice Nobody's Perfecc is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by tennisIlove09
It's not WHO she's losing too (only questionable loss is to Petrova, IMO), it's HOW she's losing. 6-4 6-4 to Jennifer? 6-1 6-4 to Maria? 6-1 6-3 to Davenport? There's just no fight.
Exactly.