davenport number 1 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jul 26th, 2004, 10:26 AM   #1
country flag relax

relax has a spectacular aura about relax has a spectacular aura about relax has a spectacular aura about relax has a spectacular aura about relax has a spectacular aura about relax has a spectacular aura about relax has a spectacular aura about relax has a spectacular aura about relax has a spectacular aura about relax has a spectacular aura about relax has a spectacular aura about
davenport number 1

Can Davenport make number 1 this year....she can't reach henin, but henin's doesn't really have that many points - they are simply her protected ranking

if davenport makes about 200 points more she will be number 2, but will that count as number 1?
relax is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jul 26th, 2004, 11:35 AM   #2
country flag LindsayRulez

LindsayRulez has much to be proud of LindsayRulez has much to be proud of LindsayRulez has much to be proud of LindsayRulez has much to be proud of LindsayRulez has much to be proud of LindsayRulez has much to be proud of LindsayRulez has much to be proud of LindsayRulez has much to be proud of LindsayRulez has much to be proud of LindsayRulez has much to be proud of LindsayRulez has much to be proud of
If Lindsay stays healthy and plays a full year, she has a great chance at ending the year #1. I get goosebumps just thinking that!
Old Jul 26th, 2004, 12:04 PM   #3
country flag foreva lindsay

foreva lindsay has much to be proud of foreva lindsay has much to be proud of foreva lindsay has much to be proud of foreva lindsay has much to be proud of foreva lindsay has much to be proud of foreva lindsay has much to be proud of foreva lindsay has much to be proud of foreva lindsay has much to be proud of foreva lindsay has much to be proud of foreva lindsay has much to be proud of foreva lindsay has much to be proud of
I agree, justine may not be able to defend all her points at the US and its a great chance for lindsay

Elena Baltacha Alicia Molik
*Alicia's coming back!!! *

Lisa Raymond Rennae Stubbs Nadia Petrova Anna-Lena Groenefeld
foreva lindsay is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 26th, 2004, 12:20 PM   #4
country flag TheBoiledEgg
Moderator - Challengers & Juniors

TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute
I'm sure its a mistake on WTA that they gave Lindsay
an extra 71 pts on ranks this week

Last week she got 251 pts for winning Stanford and DID NOT get special rank pts for beating Venus.
but this week's ranks show that Linday got them (100 for Serena and 66 for Venus)
it should have been 35 for each of them.

as for the topic, the US open will decide that
Lindsay is on fire, if she can stay that way and WIN the US Open, then she'll no doubt be #1 at end of yr.
MINELLA LARRIERETsurenkoAlize Lim*El Tabakh*Robson*Cirstea*Juhaszova*Zanevska*Broady*Bouchard*Savic*M irza*Pennetta*Hantuchova*Cibulkova*Ivanovic*Fitzpatrick*Remondina*Domachowska*Flipkens*Hercog*Hofmanova*Schoofs*Cet kovska *Svitolina*Pliskova's*Rus
http://www.twitter.com/TheBoiledEgg
TheBoiledEgg is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 26th, 2004, 12:27 PM   #5
country flag !<blocparty>!
Beware Of The Dog, Bitch.

!<blocparty>! has a reputation beyond repute !<blocparty>! has a reputation beyond repute !<blocparty>! has a reputation beyond repute !<blocparty>! has a reputation beyond repute !<blocparty>! has a reputation beyond repute !<blocparty>! has a reputation beyond repute !<blocparty>! has a reputation beyond repute !<blocparty>! has a reputation beyond repute !<blocparty>! has a reputation beyond repute !<blocparty>! has a reputation beyond repute !<blocparty>! has a reputation beyond repute
I really hope so

Go Rafa.

!<blocparty>! is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 26th, 2004, 03:25 PM   #6
country flag mboyle

mboyle has a reputation beyond repute mboyle has a reputation beyond repute mboyle has a reputation beyond repute mboyle has a reputation beyond repute mboyle has a reputation beyond repute mboyle has a reputation beyond repute mboyle has a reputation beyond repute mboyle has a reputation beyond repute mboyle has a reputation beyond repute mboyle has a reputation beyond repute mboyle has a reputation beyond repute
If Lindsay wins both San Diego and New Haven, she has an excellent chance of being no. 1 BEFORE the US Open . The only condition is that, in these two remaining tournaments, Davenport has to earn 56 points more than Mauresmo does in her three tournaments, and Myskina can't earn 255+ points more than Davenport. Not too hard for LD, considering she is by far the best hardcourt player of the three.
mboyle is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 26th, 2004, 04:16 PM   #7
country flag relax

relax has a spectacular aura about relax has a spectacular aura about relax has a spectacular aura about relax has a spectacular aura about relax has a spectacular aura about relax has a spectacular aura about relax has a spectacular aura about relax has a spectacular aura about relax has a spectacular aura about relax has a spectacular aura about relax has a spectacular aura about
but will the statistics record davenport as being number 1 if she only gets more points than clijsters?....because won't henin's point total be zero when she starts again ( teh point total she has now will only be used for her protected ranking to establish which seed she is in the tournaments)..................
relax is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 26th, 2004, 04:22 PM   #8
country flag Leo_DFP

Leo_DFP has a reputation beyond repute Leo_DFP has a reputation beyond repute Leo_DFP has a reputation beyond repute Leo_DFP has a reputation beyond repute Leo_DFP has a reputation beyond repute Leo_DFP has a reputation beyond repute Leo_DFP has a reputation beyond repute Leo_DFP has a reputation beyond repute Leo_DFP has a reputation beyond repute Leo_DFP has a reputation beyond repute Leo_DFP has a reputation beyond repute
No, relax. Henin-Hardenne hasn't been out for a full year, remember! She still has 2 Grands Slams to her name in the past 52 weeks along with numerous other titles. However, if she cannot come back in time for the US Open or if she does not do much there in her title defense, she will definitely lose her #1 ranking immediately following the last Major in New York. It will be lost to either Davenport (the front-runner right now), Mauresmo, or Myskina. I don't think that one of those three could theoretically get to #1 before the USO, although #2 is certainly in sight for all of them. Clijsters will lose that #2 after this week, probably to Mauresmo.

Follow my tennis musings: http://davesdropshots.tumblr.com/
Leo_DFP is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 26th, 2004, 04:24 PM   #9
country flag Leo_DFP

Leo_DFP has a reputation beyond repute Leo_DFP has a reputation beyond repute Leo_DFP has a reputation beyond repute Leo_DFP has a reputation beyond repute Leo_DFP has a reputation beyond repute Leo_DFP has a reputation beyond repute Leo_DFP has a reputation beyond repute Leo_DFP has a reputation beyond repute Leo_DFP has a reputation beyond repute Leo_DFP has a reputation beyond repute Leo_DFP has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBoiledEgg
I'm sure its a mistake on WTA that they gave Lindsay
an extra 71 pts on ranks this week

Last week she got 251 pts for winning Stanford and DID NOT get special rank pts for beating Venus.
but this week's ranks show that Linday got them (100 for Serena and 66 for Venus)
it should have been 35 for each of them.
That's so strange. Have other players been getting bonus/quality points for beating Serena and Venus equivalent to beating a #1 or #4 (their respective protected rankings), this year?

Follow my tennis musings: http://davesdropshots.tumblr.com/
Leo_DFP is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote