Why is the Acura Classic not part of the US Open Series? - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jul 25th, 2004, 10:54 PM   #1
coler85

coler85 is an unknown quantity at this point
Why is the Acura Classic not part of the US Open Series?

seems very interesting to me that this American tournament is not part of the series while the Rogers Cup in Canada is included. Anyone know why Acura is not for points in the series? I cant understand why this would happen.
coler85 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jul 25th, 2004, 11:13 PM   #2
country flag ace4lleykim

ace4lleykim is a name known to all ace4lleykim is a name known to all ace4lleykim is a name known to all ace4lleykim is a name known to all ace4lleykim is a name known to all ace4lleykim is a name known to all ace4lleykim is a name known to all ace4lleykim is a name known to all ace4lleykim is a name known to all ace4lleykim is a name known to all ace4lleykim is a name known to all
Maybe coz the prize money is different?
ace4lleykim is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 26th, 2004, 12:31 AM   #3
country flag ktwtennis

ktwtennis is a name known to all ktwtennis is a name known to all ktwtennis is a name known to all ktwtennis is a name known to all ktwtennis is a name known to all ktwtennis is a name known to all ktwtennis is a name known to all ktwtennis is a name known to all ktwtennis is a name known to all ktwtennis is a name known to all ktwtennis is a name known to all
And how is ESPN going to market this tourney on TV?

I am a sinner too!
Jesus answered and said to him[Nicodemus, a Pharisee],"Most assuredly, I say to you, unless one is born again[of the Spirit/above], he cannot see the kingdom of God."--John 3:3

Good works can't save you from hell!! Jesus loves you and wants to be in your heart and mind!!!

I will worship Jesus forever!
ktwtennis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 26th, 2004, 01:19 AM   #4
country flag *JR*

*JR* has a reputation beyond repute *JR* has a reputation beyond repute *JR* has a reputation beyond repute *JR* has a reputation beyond repute *JR* has a reputation beyond repute *JR* has a reputation beyond repute *JR* has a reputation beyond repute *JR* has a reputation beyond repute *JR* has a reputation beyond repute *JR* has a reputation beyond repute *JR* has a reputation beyond repute
It's NOT?

YUG flag, because it never should have split up.
*JR* is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 26th, 2004, 01:23 AM   #5
country flag cynicole

cynicole has a brilliant future cynicole has a brilliant future cynicole has a brilliant future cynicole has a brilliant future cynicole has a brilliant future cynicole has a brilliant future cynicole has a brilliant future cynicole has a brilliant future cynicole has a brilliant future cynicole has a brilliant future cynicole has a brilliant future
The organizers of the San Diego tournament thought they were doing fine by themselves with organizing their event, getting the players they wanted, and, probably the biggest reason of them all: negotiating their own television coverage. That and they tend to pride themselves on their "independence."

And maybe it cost them more money? I'm not sure but I remember them reading something about how it was more of a priority for them to get and cement their new Tier I status than it was for them to get involved with the U.S. Open Series.
Old Jul 26th, 2004, 04:53 AM   #6
country flag cheo23

cheo23 has a reputation beyond repute cheo23 has a reputation beyond repute cheo23 has a reputation beyond repute cheo23 has a reputation beyond repute cheo23 has a reputation beyond repute cheo23 has a reputation beyond repute cheo23 has a reputation beyond repute cheo23 has a reputation beyond repute cheo23 has a reputation beyond repute cheo23 has a reputation beyond repute cheo23 has a reputation beyond repute
ARe U SURe its NOt Part of the US OPen SERIES?????????/
cheo23 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 26th, 2004, 05:00 AM   #7
country flag Hant Hant

Hant Hant is a glorious beacon of light Hant Hant is a glorious beacon of light Hant Hant is a glorious beacon of light Hant Hant is a glorious beacon of light Hant Hant is a glorious beacon of light Hant Hant is a glorious beacon of light Hant Hant is a glorious beacon of light Hant Hant is a glorious beacon of light Hant Hant is a glorious beacon of light Hant Hant is a glorious beacon of light Hant Hant is a glorious beacon of light
yes, Acura wants to be special so it refuses to join the series to stand out more.
Hant Hant is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 26th, 2004, 05:02 AM   #8
country flag cheo23

cheo23 has a reputation beyond repute cheo23 has a reputation beyond repute cheo23 has a reputation beyond repute cheo23 has a reputation beyond repute cheo23 has a reputation beyond repute cheo23 has a reputation beyond repute cheo23 has a reputation beyond repute cheo23 has a reputation beyond repute cheo23 has a reputation beyond repute cheo23 has a reputation beyond repute cheo23 has a reputation beyond repute
will ESPn SHow any Matches this week at the Acura Classic if its NOt apart of the US OPen SERIES????????? WHATS so Confusin!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !
cheo23 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote