Davenport Crushes Serena! 6-1 6-3 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jul 25th, 2004, 09:14 PM   #1
country flag tennisIlove09

tennisIlove09 has a reputation beyond repute tennisIlove09 has a reputation beyond repute tennisIlove09 has a reputation beyond repute tennisIlove09 has a reputation beyond repute tennisIlove09 has a reputation beyond repute tennisIlove09 has a reputation beyond repute tennisIlove09 has a reputation beyond repute tennisIlove09 has a reputation beyond repute tennisIlove09 has a reputation beyond repute tennisIlove09 has a reputation beyond repute tennisIlove09 has a reputation beyond repute
Davenport Crushes Serena! 6-1 6-3

Davenport's playing amazing tennis right now...it's not THAT big of a surprise that she won...but it is a surprise at how easy it was
tennisIlove09 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jul 25th, 2004, 09:16 PM   #2
country flag Havok
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Havok has a reputation beyond repute Havok has a reputation beyond repute Havok has a reputation beyond repute Havok has a reputation beyond repute Havok has a reputation beyond repute Havok has a reputation beyond repute Havok has a reputation beyond repute Havok has a reputation beyond repute Havok has a reputation beyond repute Havok has a reputation beyond repute Havok has a reputation beyond repute
Now she better show up at the USO and do something and not let leads slip away like she did in the Australian Open and at Wimbledon. Nice job Lindsay

Havok is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 25th, 2004, 09:18 PM   #3
country flag VeNuS#1LoVa

VeNuS#1LoVa is a splendid one to behold VeNuS#1LoVa is a splendid one to behold VeNuS#1LoVa is a splendid one to behold VeNuS#1LoVa is a splendid one to behold VeNuS#1LoVa is a splendid one to behold VeNuS#1LoVa is a splendid one to behold VeNuS#1LoVa is a splendid one to behold VeNuS#1LoVa is a splendid one to behold VeNuS#1LoVa is a splendid one to behold VeNuS#1LoVa is a splendid one to behold VeNuS#1LoVa is a splendid one to behold
I've always been a Lindsay fan, and I never thought she would do what she's doing now. I'm so proud of her, but yet, I'm still disappointed with the Williams Sisters, especially Venus...

Congrats Lindsay!

Serena
VENUS

Serena Williams
2007 Australian Open
VeNuS#1LoVa is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 25th, 2004, 09:19 PM   #4
bandabou

bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute
What can be said....my girl is over. I mean you can lose....buy lose like this?! No game-plan, no nada...it is over. Famous?! What famous.
Serena Williams: Greatest African-American tennisplayer in history
18 majors:5256

Official Prince of the Royal Court
bandabou is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 25th, 2004, 09:19 PM   #5
country flag men in black
Banned

men in black can only hope to improve men in black can only hope to improve men in black can only hope to improve men in black can only hope to improve men in black can only hope to improve men in black can only hope to improve men in black can only hope to improve men in black can only hope to improve men in black can only hope to improve men in black can only hope to improve men in black can only hope to improve
One of the few that has beated the Williams sisters back to back.

men in black is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 25th, 2004, 09:20 PM   #6
country flag Roxers
Team WTAworld

Roxers is a splendid one to behold Roxers is a splendid one to behold Roxers is a splendid one to behold Roxers is a splendid one to behold Roxers is a splendid one to behold Roxers is a splendid one to behold Roxers is a splendid one to behold Roxers is a splendid one to behold Roxers is a splendid one to behold Roxers is a splendid one to behold Roxers is a splendid one to behold
Congrats Linds!!! well played

Ana Ivanovic, Tatiana Golovin, Kim Clijsters, Dinara Safina
Roxers is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 25th, 2004, 09:20 PM   #7
country flag tennisIlove09

tennisIlove09 has a reputation beyond repute tennisIlove09 has a reputation beyond repute tennisIlove09 has a reputation beyond repute tennisIlove09 has a reputation beyond repute tennisIlove09 has a reputation beyond repute tennisIlove09 has a reputation beyond repute tennisIlove09 has a reputation beyond repute tennisIlove09 has a reputation beyond repute tennisIlove09 has a reputation beyond repute tennisIlove09 has a reputation beyond repute tennisIlove09 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by bandabou
What can be said....my girl is over. I mean you can lose....buy lose like this?! No game-plan, no nada...it is over. Famous?! What famous.
you give up on your favorite too easily
tennisIlove09 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 25th, 2004, 09:21 PM   #8
country flag harloo

harloo has a reputation beyond repute harloo has a reputation beyond repute harloo has a reputation beyond repute harloo has a reputation beyond repute harloo has a reputation beyond repute harloo has a reputation beyond repute harloo has a reputation beyond repute harloo has a reputation beyond repute harloo has a reputation beyond repute harloo has a reputation beyond repute harloo has a reputation beyond repute
She basically outplayed the Princess from the outset. Serena could not get anything in and if she wants to start winning these finals again she will have to cut back on some of the other activities and win.

I like Lindsay, so good for her. If it's anyone I don't mind the sisters losing to it's Lindsay

harloo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 25th, 2004, 09:21 PM   #9
country flag wongqks
Team WTAworld

wongqks has much to be proud of wongqks has much to be proud of wongqks has much to be proud of wongqks has much to be proud of wongqks has much to be proud of wongqks has much to be proud of wongqks has much to be proud of wongqks has much to be proud of wongqks has much to be proud of wongqks has much to be proud of wongqks has much to be proud of
A huge reality check for Serena, she will be back, but she better be dedicated to her tennis coz all the other girls are. Just focus and get ready for the US Open and Olympics!. Wow this may turn out to be one of the more exciting American hardcourt series
-Some player has been playing for more than 10 years

visit this thread for more detail
http://www.tennisforum.com/showthread.php?t=397111
wongqks is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 25th, 2004, 09:21 PM   #10
country flag foreva lindsay

foreva lindsay has much to be proud of foreva lindsay has much to be proud of foreva lindsay has much to be proud of foreva lindsay has much to be proud of foreva lindsay has much to be proud of foreva lindsay has much to be proud of foreva lindsay has much to be proud of foreva lindsay has much to be proud of foreva lindsay has much to be proud of foreva lindsay has much to be proud of foreva lindsay has much to be proud of
Lindsay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Elena Baltacha Alicia Molik
*Alicia's coming back!!! *

Lisa Raymond Rennae Stubbs Nadia Petrova Anna-Lena Groenefeld
foreva lindsay is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 25th, 2004, 09:22 PM   #11
Foot_Fault

Foot_Fault has a reputation beyond repute Foot_Fault has a reputation beyond repute Foot_Fault has a reputation beyond repute Foot_Fault has a reputation beyond repute Foot_Fault has a reputation beyond repute Foot_Fault has a reputation beyond repute Foot_Fault has a reputation beyond repute Foot_Fault has a reputation beyond repute Foot_Fault has a reputation beyond repute Foot_Fault has a reputation beyond repute Foot_Fault has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by VeNuS#1LoVa
I've always been a Lindsay fan, and I never thought she would do what she's doing now. I'm so proud of her, but yet, I'm still disappointed with the Williams Sisters, especially Venus...

Congrats Lindsay!

Serena
VENUS
VENUS? WHY? Last week match was the best Women's match in 4 or 5 years. Although Venus was about 75-80% it was still GOOOD

I knew Serena was going to lose based off her performance all week, it was so so so so shaky.

I am not disappointed, I am just so happy for Lindsay, she's been through so much...just want her to show up at the open.

Rafael Nadal

Venus Williams

2000, 2001, 2005, 2007 and 2008 Wimbledon Champion - Venus Williams Kicks GrASS!!
Foot_Fault is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 25th, 2004, 09:22 PM   #12
country flag faste5683

faste5683 has a brilliant future faste5683 has a brilliant future faste5683 has a brilliant future faste5683 has a brilliant future faste5683 has a brilliant future faste5683 has a brilliant future faste5683 has a brilliant future faste5683 has a brilliant future faste5683 has a brilliant future faste5683 has a brilliant future faste5683 has a brilliant future
Quote:
You mean "overly famous"? Serena came out looking tight and anxious - and the way Lindsay's been hitting the ball the past two weeks didn't help...

faste5683 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 25th, 2004, 09:23 PM   #13
country flag -Em-
Team WTAworld

-Em- has a reputation beyond repute -Em- has a reputation beyond repute -Em- has a reputation beyond repute -Em- has a reputation beyond repute -Em- has a reputation beyond repute -Em- has a reputation beyond repute -Em- has a reputation beyond repute -Em- has a reputation beyond repute -Em- has a reputation beyond repute -Em- has a reputation beyond repute -Em- has a reputation beyond repute
Yay Lindsay!!! Well played girl. You gave Serena like NO chances at all. You've really deserved that
Old Jul 25th, 2004, 09:23 PM   #14
country flag Kabezya

Kabezya has a brilliant future Kabezya has a brilliant future Kabezya has a brilliant future Kabezya has a brilliant future Kabezya has a brilliant future Kabezya has a brilliant future Kabezya has a brilliant future Kabezya has a brilliant future Kabezya has a brilliant future Kabezya has a brilliant future Kabezya has a brilliant future
Quote:
In BallsBuster's thread last night about why fans desert their favorites when they lose, this is a prime example of why in particular as a Williams fan I don't care to come to this board especially when Serena or Venus loses.

Serena has had a wonderful week of tennis where she's produced some great matches, in particular against Vera. She loses a final to Lindsay. It was not pretty of course, that cannot be denied. But lamenting that now this is the definitive end for Serena of all players... she may not have had her serve, she may have had too many unforced errors that clearly affected her game, but she fought til the end.

Should we start a petition for Serena to simply retire now since losing to Lindsay seems to be a sin? The girl can still play - that goes for both Lindsay and Serena. Things are not over, it wasn't the result but my goodness... I guess I just hate reactions like this. I can't even fault you for it, but dang.
Old Jul 25th, 2004, 09:24 PM   #15
country flag SelesFan70

SelesFan70 has a reputation beyond repute SelesFan70 has a reputation beyond repute SelesFan70 has a reputation beyond repute SelesFan70 has a reputation beyond repute SelesFan70 has a reputation beyond repute SelesFan70 has a reputation beyond repute SelesFan70 has a reputation beyond repute SelesFan70 has a reputation beyond repute SelesFan70 has a reputation beyond repute SelesFan70 has a reputation beyond repute SelesFan70 has a reputation beyond repute
Lindsay...

Serena...where's the strategy?

Liberals: Hard on the unborn, soft on terrorists

Man-made climate change is a LIE

COUNTDOWN!
SelesFan70 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote