::: Rallyin' Rubin Cheering Thread ::: - Page 2 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jul 28th, 2004, 06:50 AM   #16
country flag Brian Stewart
Plainclothes Division

Brian Stewart has a reputation beyond repute Brian Stewart has a reputation beyond repute Brian Stewart has a reputation beyond repute Brian Stewart has a reputation beyond repute Brian Stewart has a reputation beyond repute Brian Stewart has a reputation beyond repute Brian Stewart has a reputation beyond repute Brian Stewart has a reputation beyond repute Brian Stewart has a reputation beyond repute Brian Stewart has a reputation beyond repute Brian Stewart has a reputation beyond repute
Great win in the first round, Chanda! Now you have to keep your focus, and be ready to capitalize on any opportunities. You can do it, Chanda! Best of luck!

GEAUX CHANDA!

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/chandarubin
Brian Stewart is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jul 28th, 2004, 07:55 PM   #17
kyk710

kyk710 has a brilliant future kyk710 has a brilliant future kyk710 has a brilliant future kyk710 has a brilliant future kyk710 has a brilliant future kyk710 has a brilliant future kyk710 has a brilliant future kyk710 has a brilliant future kyk710 has a brilliant future kyk710 has a brilliant future kyk710 has a brilliant future
Chanda def. Kostanic 6-4 6-3.

I think this is a great win for Chanda - Jelena is a very good player that has had a pretty good year and I think has great potential... Next up is Myskina, lets hope that Chanda can finally turn things around and beat her! I think she can pull off the upset.

GO CHANDA!!!
kyk710 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 28th, 2004, 09:56 PM   #18
country flag GoSandrine

GoSandrine has a brilliant future GoSandrine has a brilliant future GoSandrine has a brilliant future GoSandrine has a brilliant future GoSandrine has a brilliant future GoSandrine has a brilliant future GoSandrine has a brilliant future GoSandrine has a brilliant future GoSandrine has a brilliant future GoSandrine has a brilliant future GoSandrine has a brilliant future

Keep chuggin Chanda! [img]http://smileys.******************/cat/3/3_2_113.gif[/img]

GoSandrine is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 29th, 2004, 08:23 AM   #19
Plainclothes Division

Brian Stewart has a reputation beyond repute Brian Stewart has a reputation beyond repute Brian Stewart has a reputation beyond repute Brian Stewart has a reputation beyond repute Brian Stewart has a reputation beyond repute Brian Stewart has a reputation beyond repute Brian Stewart has a reputation beyond repute Brian Stewart has a reputation beyond repute Brian Stewart has a reputation beyond repute Brian Stewart has a reputation beyond repute Brian Stewart has a reputation beyond repute
Another solid effort. She immediately gave back the break in the second set, but then followed with a re-break and maintained the lead. Up next is her toughest opponent since the injury. It'll be a good chance to knock off some more rust in a big match. Stay focused Chanda, and whatever you do, if you get a lead, don't let up. She is, by her own admission, waiting for you to choke. Keep the pressure on throughout the match.

You can do it, Chanda! Best of luck!

GEAUX CHANDA!

Old Jul 29th, 2004, 10:33 AM   #20
country flag V-MAC
blurring the lines between the real and the fake

V-MAC has a reputation beyond repute V-MAC has a reputation beyond repute V-MAC has a reputation beyond repute V-MAC has a reputation beyond repute V-MAC has a reputation beyond repute V-MAC has a reputation beyond repute V-MAC has a reputation beyond repute V-MAC has a reputation beyond repute V-MAC has a reputation beyond repute V-MAC has a reputation beyond repute V-MAC has a reputation beyond repute
a GOOD start is vital here fir Chanda in this match and most important of all, if she wins the 1st set, she MUST hold in her opening service game in the 2nd set. Good luck Chanda !!!!!
Old Jul 29th, 2004, 11:19 AM   #21
country flag esquímaux
Team WTAworld

esquímaux has a reputation beyond repute esquímaux has a reputation beyond repute esquímaux has a reputation beyond repute esquímaux has a reputation beyond repute esquímaux has a reputation beyond repute esquímaux has a reputation beyond repute esquímaux has a reputation beyond repute esquímaux has a reputation beyond repute esquímaux has a reputation beyond repute esquímaux has a reputation beyond repute esquímaux has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoSandrine
Chuggin' Chanda! Me like
"恐れてはいけない. 私は最初であり, 最後である"
esquímaux is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 29th, 2004, 06:30 PM   #22
country flag treiber04
Banned

treiber04 is a jewel in the rough treiber04 is a jewel in the rough treiber04 is a jewel in the rough treiber04 is a jewel in the rough treiber04 is a jewel in the rough treiber04 is a jewel in the rough treiber04 is a jewel in the rough treiber04 is a jewel in the rough treiber04 is a jewel in the rough treiber04 is a jewel in the rough treiber04 is a jewel in the rough
Good luck Chanda!

Just wanted to mention to all you Chanda fans that the website that I've created for her has been updated:

www.geocities.com/rubinfan04/rubinhome.html
treiber04 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 29th, 2004, 09:37 PM   #23
country flag Bероника
creo en la diosa ♥ Sveta ♥

Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute

Chanda Rubin hits a backhand shot during her third round match against Anastasia Myskina of Russia at the Acura Classic held at the La Costa Resort and Spa in Carlsbad, Calif.
Old Jul 29th, 2004, 09:38 PM   #24
country flag Bероника
creo en la diosa ♥ Sveta ♥

Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute
Myskina Cruises Past Rubin to Gain Quarterfinal Spot

Watch out Acura Classic tennis fans. French Open champion Anastasia Myskina has brought her “A” game to the La Costa Resort and Spa this week.

The third-seeded Russian played nearly flawless tennis in an impressive, 6-1, 6-2, victory over American Chanda Rubin, which took only 61 minutes on Stadium Court.

Myskina, who lost her serve in the fourth game of the third-round match, broke Rubin’s serve four times in winning the first set in 24 minutes.

The Russian dominated play from the baseline throughout the match as she pounded winners from the baseline off her forehand and backhand.

When Rubin would approach the net, she was unable to put away many of the volleys and allowed Myskina to hit winners.

With a 3-2 lead in the second set, Myskina scored a service break and then held for a 5-2 lead.

Rubin served to stay in the match at 5-2 and battled Myskina in a 16-point game, the longest game of the match.

Rubin fought off two match points, but on the fourth deuce point of the game, Myskina executed a perfect crosscourt slice drop shot winner to gain her third match point.

The match ended when Rubin netted a low forehand volley.
  • Myskina advances to a quarterfinal match against the winner of the Gisela Dulko / Maria Sharapova match.
  • Myskina now leads Rubin 4-2 in career head-to-head meetings.
  • Myskina is ranked fifth in the world.
  • Myskina is making her second Acura Classic appearance. She reached the third round here in 2002.
  • Myskina improves her 2004 match record to 30-8.
  • Myskina defeated Rubin in the fourth round of this year’s Australian Open, 6-7 (3), 6-2, 6-2.
  • Rubin is ranked 23 in the world.
  • Rubin’s 2004 match record falls to 12-7.
  • Rubin was making her 10th Acura Classic appearance. She reached the quarterfinals here last year.
  • Rubin was a semifinalist at the 1996 Australian Open
Old Jul 29th, 2004, 11:05 PM   #25
country flag GoSandrine

GoSandrine has a brilliant future GoSandrine has a brilliant future GoSandrine has a brilliant future GoSandrine has a brilliant future GoSandrine has a brilliant future GoSandrine has a brilliant future GoSandrine has a brilliant future GoSandrine has a brilliant future GoSandrine has a brilliant future GoSandrine has a brilliant future GoSandrine has a brilliant future
Chanda

She looks great in the pic though. Better luck in Montreal, Sweetie.
GoSandrine is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 30th, 2004, 03:42 AM   #26
kyk710

kyk710 has a brilliant future kyk710 has a brilliant future kyk710 has a brilliant future kyk710 has a brilliant future kyk710 has a brilliant future kyk710 has a brilliant future kyk710 has a brilliant future kyk710 has a brilliant future kyk710 has a brilliant future kyk710 has a brilliant future kyk710 has a brilliant future
Poor Chanda
Old Jul 30th, 2004, 03:43 AM   #27
kyk710

good luck next week!
Old Jul 30th, 2004, 07:07 AM   #28
Plainclothes Division

A dissapointing score today. But as is common with Chanda, a deceptive one. There were a few games in the second set which she let get away after having game points. That set score could easily have been reversed, and sent the match into a 3rd set. She should have at the very least been even at 4-4.

And likewise last week, when she should have won that second set against Dementieva.

It just shows the difference between players who have been healthy, playing all year, and playing at the top of their games, versus a player who was out most of the year with an injury that precluded even stepping on a practice court, and is still shaking off the rust after only a handful of matches. If a rusty, C-level Chanda can challenge the top players, just imagine what will happen if she can get and stay healthy enough to get back in form.

Chanda now has 3 "freebies" ahead of her in Montreal, the Olympics, and the US Open. Just one good run at any of those will jump her up several spots. A couple of decent results could get her back in the top 10, or at least very close. If she doesn't make it back this year (she has missed the majority of the season), she should next year. She literally has nothing to defend between the PPO and Carson; 5½ months of "free points".

Good luck in Montreal, Athens, and New York, Chanda! And don't listen to the bashers, who will use this necessary "rust-removal" period as an excuse to write you off. The other players know how good you really are. That's why they are always so focused when they play you.