** Masha News and Articles! ** - Page 99 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Apr 4th, 2008, 03:10 AM   #1471
country flag mal

mal is a splendid one to behold mal is a splendid one to behold mal is a splendid one to behold mal is a splendid one to behold mal is a splendid one to behold mal is a splendid one to behold mal is a splendid one to behold mal is a splendid one to behold mal is a splendid one to behold mal is a splendid one to behold mal is a splendid one to behold
Re: ** Masha News and Articles! **

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natasc View Post

[size="1"]Seriously... I don't know for how many years you have been following tennis, but during those years we have seen much worse than "this is my home"
wayyyyy wayyy worse...
Since Chang (chinese boy, what happened to his career, he was good!) and before that actually.

Do you mean from Masha?
mal is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Apr 4th, 2008, 07:58 AM   #1472
country flag Maria Croft

Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward. View Post
Unfortunately, mal only makes sense to the fellow inhabitants of the planet it comes from.
Indeed, sometimes I wonder if he speaks English at all or is just placing some random words after another

Wimbledon 2004 US Open 2006
Australian Open 2008 Roland Garros 2012 2014
0013..Eternal follower of the Golden Girl
Maria Croft is online now View My Blog!  
Old Apr 4th, 2008, 08:14 AM   #1473
country flag mal

mal is a splendid one to behold mal is a splendid one to behold mal is a splendid one to behold mal is a splendid one to behold mal is a splendid one to behold mal is a splendid one to behold mal is a splendid one to behold mal is a splendid one to behold mal is a splendid one to behold mal is a splendid one to behold mal is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by mal View Post
She has also been criticised for her on-court "grunting," reaching 101 decibels (the volume of a police siren) during a match at Wimbledon 2005.
101 decibels! Imagine that in your ear!

That is enough to kill a rabbit.
Old Apr 4th, 2008, 12:46 PM   #1474
country flag slamchamp

slamchamp has a reputation beyond repute slamchamp has a reputation beyond repute slamchamp has a reputation beyond repute slamchamp has a reputation beyond repute slamchamp has a reputation beyond repute slamchamp has a reputation beyond repute slamchamp has a reputation beyond repute slamchamp has a reputation beyond repute slamchamp has a reputation beyond repute slamchamp has a reputation beyond repute slamchamp has a reputation beyond repute

so maria can kill a rabit if she screems

URUGUAY
slamchamp is offline View My Blog!  
Old Apr 4th, 2008, 01:09 PM   #1475
country flag iamme

iamme is a name known to all iamme is a name known to all iamme is a name known to all iamme is a name known to all iamme is a name known to all iamme is a name known to all iamme is a name known to all iamme is a name known to all iamme is a name known to all iamme is a name known to all iamme is a name known to all

Quote:
101 decibels! Imagine that in your ear!

That is enough to kill a rabbit.
there were some people who heard it!

Szávay Ági -the high-flying hungarian star (still) Novak Djokovic-Marat Safin

GGG only for Maria
Official rifleWOman of the Maria Maffia
iamme is offline View My Blog!  
Old Apr 6th, 2008, 08:25 AM   #1476
country flag mal

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamme View Post
there were some people who heard it!
But you and I are not amongst them?

At least maria knows how loud it is and whether it is enough to put them off their return.
Old Apr 6th, 2008, 12:43 PM   #1477
country flag iamme

iamme is a name known to all iamme is a name known to all iamme is a name known to all iamme is a name known to all iamme is a name known to all iamme is a name known to all iamme is a name known to all iamme is a name known to all iamme is a name known to all iamme is a name known to all iamme is a name known to all

Quote:
But you and I are not amongst them?

At least maria knows how loud it is and whether it is enough to put them off their return.
I don't know if her grunting has difference between in and outdoor. But I heard her in Linz quite nearly and my ears is unhurt

Szávay Ági -the high-flying hungarian star (still) Novak Djokovic-Marat Safin

GGG only for Maria
Official rifleWOman of the Maria Maffia
iamme is offline View My Blog!  
Old Apr 7th, 2008, 09:51 PM   #1478
country flag goldenlox

goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute

Sharapova, other top seeds ready for second round

Associated Press
Updated: April 7, 2008, 5:32 PM ET

AMELIA ISLAND, Fla. -- Hard courts have been very good to Maria Sharapova so far this year. Now she's getting a head start on clay.
Sharapova, who already won the Australian Open and is 18-1 to start 2008, switches surfaces this week, playing on clay for the first time this year at the Bausch & Lomb Championships.
Fresh off a two week break, Sharapova will make her first career appearance at the tournament.
"I'm actually glad in a way that I get to start early and I get a heads-up on my feel on clay," said the top-seeded Sharapova, who withdrew from the Sony Ericsson Open two weeks ago with a right shoulder injury and general fatigue. "Year by year, I feel better on [clay]. I feel more confident."
Sharapova spent the last week practicing on clay thinking about the French Open, the only Grand Slam event the 20-year-old has yet to win.
Her best finish at Roland Garros came last year, when she bowed out in the semifinals against Ana Ivanovic.
Sharapova has focused on leg strength in recent training. She knows the gritty, heavy red clay in Paris will yield longer, more draining points than the green clay she will shuffle around the next two weeks.
"I'll have to use that strength," Sharapova said. "Every day that I was working, I was like, 'This is for the French. This is for my third round. This is for my fourth. This is for my quarters.' It's a mental thing."
Sharapova and the rest of the top eight seeds at the Bausch & Lomb received first-round byes on Monday.
HEALTH and HAPPINESS to EVERYONE

goldenlox is offline View My Blog!  
Old Apr 7th, 2008, 11:24 PM   #1479
country flag zayos_10

zayos_10 is a name known to all zayos_10 is a name known to all zayos_10 is a name known to all zayos_10 is a name known to all zayos_10 is a name known to all zayos_10 is a name known to all zayos_10 is a name known to all zayos_10 is a name known to all zayos_10 is a name known to all zayos_10 is a name known to all zayos_10 is a name known to all

Wow!! it`s nice to see that Maria is absolutely serious about this year clay season, specially, about the FO. I knew it was on her mind, but I dint know it was THAT important to her. She is a hard worker and I hope all her effort will pay off.
zayos_10 is offline View My Blog!  
Old Apr 7th, 2008, 11:33 PM   #1480
country flag goldenlox

goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah, it sounds like she is very motivated by the challenge of a career slam. Then no one can say you weren't great on every surface.

Old Apr 8th, 2008, 01:06 AM   #1481
country flag mal

Quote:
Originally Posted by zayos_10 View Post
Wow!! it`s nice to see that Maria is absolutely serious about this year clay season, specially, about the FO. I knew it was on her mind, but I dint know it was THAT important to her. She is a hard worker and I hope all her effort will pay off.
There is no doubt she is serious about tennis, and I am sure she can beat anyone who is playing currently if she is fresh and uninjured and sets her mind to it. She must have learned a lot since her win at Wimbledon.

The thing is, these next three clay tourneys are like three rounds of a boxing match. She's not going to telegraph her moves to her opponents. She is going to try to win a points decision, and a bit of the prize, but there is no doubt in anyone's mind that the big one is RG. Even if she doesn't win that one, there is always next year, barring serious injuries, therefore I think she is going to take it a bit easy, and that means her opponents are going to be exploiting that. Good luck to them.
Old Apr 8th, 2008, 03:47 AM   #1482
country flag nelsondan

nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
There is no doubt she is serious about tennis, and I am sure she can beat anyone who is playing currently if she is fresh and uninjured and sets her mind to it. She must have learned a lot since her win at Wimbledon.

The thing is, these next three clay tourneys are like three rounds of a boxing match. She's not going to telegraph her moves to her opponents. She is going to try to win a points decision, and a bit of the prize, but there is no doubt in anyone's mind that the big one is RG. Even if she doesn't win that one, there is always next year, barring serious injuries, therefore I think she is going to take it a bit easy, and that means her opponents are going to be exploiting that. Good luck to them.
Wow. That is a jarring post. I am used to thinking of Maria as someone almost from a distant galaxy. Someone I admire, but....

After reading that, I suddenly feel like I know her a lot better than some others----maybe she isn't so far away after all.
nelsondan is offline View My Blog!  
Old Apr 9th, 2008, 11:08 AM   #1483
country flag goldenlox

On the court, Sharapova's game gained the same such approval from fans and her opponent, as the world's fifth-ranked player overwhelmed Barbora Zahlavova Strycova 6-1, 6-3 on Stadium Court at Amelia Island Plantation.
"It was great," Sharapova said when asked for her first impressions of the venue. "I love the stadium. I love how quaint everything is. The trees around the stadium - I don't think any of the players get to see much of that during the year, and it's kind of homey. It's only a 31/2-hour drive from my house in Sarasota, so it kind of feels like a backyard in a way.
"All the fans are kind of close to you. Usually, the stadiums that we play in are huge and a lot bigger than this."
Sharapova's game was as picturesque as the setting in which she played.
After each player held their opening service, Sharapova won five games in a row, closing the first set with a picture-perfect drop shot. It caught Zahlavova Strycova by surprise as Sharapova had sent blistering cross-court forehands past her up to that point.
Zahlavova Strycova held her opening two serves of the second set, but Sharapova was too strong, too accurate and simply too good. She won four games in a row to take a 5-2 lead and closed the second-round match with another smashing forehand that her Czech opponent couldn't answer.
Sharapova, the tournament's top seed, received a first-round bye. It was her first clay-court match of the season, but it was hard to tell with her effective style of play.
"Coming into the match, you really don't know what to expect because you know your opponent has already had a few matches on clay, and this is your first match," Sharapova said. "The most important thing today was just try to get used to the atmosphere on the court and also the opponent. I haven't played her since the junior days.
"There are obviously a lot of things that, hopefully, I will be improving from this match, but it was a good start."
Sharapova's dominance left Zahlavova Strycova yelling at herself.
The match frustrated Zahlavova Strycova so much that she smashed her racket to the ground after Sharapova took a 4-2 lead on a net-cord in the second set.
The 6-foot-2 Russian star skipped the previous tournament at Key Biscayne, a key factor for her first appearance at Amelia Island.
"I didn't play in Miami, so I had a little bit more time on my hands than I've had in the previous years," Sharapova said. "After playing Indian Wells and Miami back-to-back, it's pretty tough to have a two- or three-day turnaround and come and play a clay-court event."

Old Apr 9th, 2008, 04:21 PM   #1484
country flag nelsondan

nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute

No time for doodles. Some day, maybe.
nelsondan is offline View My Blog!  
Old Apr 9th, 2008, 04:41 PM   #1485
country flag Natasc

Natasc has a reputation beyond repute Natasc has a reputation beyond repute Natasc has a reputation beyond repute Natasc has a reputation beyond repute Natasc has a reputation beyond repute Natasc has a reputation beyond repute Natasc has a reputation beyond repute Natasc has a reputation beyond repute Natasc has a reputation beyond repute Natasc has a reputation beyond repute Natasc has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by nelsondan View Post
No time for doodles. Some day, maybe.
yeah...make a while now...
since her last..

not sure if this is the right place to talk about it thought...

Last edited by Natasc : Apr 9th, 2008 at 04:48 PM.
Natasc is offline View My Blog!  
Closed Thread