** Masha News and Articles! ** - Page 7 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Dec 22nd, 2004, 10:59 PM   #91
country flag Dan23

Dan23 has a reputation beyond repute Dan23 has a reputation beyond repute Dan23 has a reputation beyond repute Dan23 has a reputation beyond repute Dan23 has a reputation beyond repute Dan23 has a reputation beyond repute Dan23 has a reputation beyond repute Dan23 has a reputation beyond repute Dan23 has a reputation beyond repute Dan23 has a reputation beyond repute Dan23 has a reputation beyond repute
Yeah, very good article, thanks GL
pavlyuchenkova

Dan23 is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Dec 22nd, 2004, 11:03 PM   #92
country flag Princess Sarah.

Princess Sarah. has a reputation beyond repute Princess Sarah. has a reputation beyond repute Princess Sarah. has a reputation beyond repute Princess Sarah. has a reputation beyond repute Princess Sarah. has a reputation beyond repute Princess Sarah. has a reputation beyond repute Princess Sarah. has a reputation beyond repute Princess Sarah. has a reputation beyond repute Princess Sarah. has a reputation beyond repute Princess Sarah. has a reputation beyond repute Princess Sarah. has a reputation beyond repute
there was an article about how she wont be playing sydney in todays daily terror (telegraph)
Old Dec 22nd, 2004, 11:07 PM   #93
country flag Princess Sarah.

Princess Sarah. has a reputation beyond repute Princess Sarah. has a reputation beyond repute Princess Sarah. has a reputation beyond repute Princess Sarah. has a reputation beyond repute Princess Sarah. has a reputation beyond repute Princess Sarah. has a reputation beyond repute Princess Sarah. has a reputation beyond repute Princess Sarah. has a reputation beyond repute Princess Sarah. has a reputation beyond repute Princess Sarah. has a reputation beyond repute Princess Sarah. has a reputation beyond repute
enjoy
Teen star won't play in Sydney

By LEO SCHLINK

December 23, 2004

TENNIS starlet Maria Sharapova will be restricted to just one Australian summer circuit appearance – the centenary Australian Open next month – because of sport's age eligibility restrictions.

The world No.4 – already a Wimbledon champion and winner of the elite Women's Tennis Association Championships – cannot yet play a full schedule because she is still 17.

Restricted to a total of 22 events between her 17th and 18th birthdays – which she will celebrate on April 19 – Sharapova has already appeared in 15 tournaments.

And, with an aim to usurping American Lindsay Davenport as world No.1, the Russian is focusing on tournaments offering the most ranking points.

The programming squeeze has caused the unflappable right-hander to bypass the rich Medibank Private International (January 9-15) at Homebush Bay, where nine of the world's top 12 competitors will do battle.

When asked why Sharapova had not bothered to enter Sydney, her agent Max Eisenbud said: "Just didn't fit into her schedule."

WTA spokesman John Dolan confirmed Sharapova would instead play an exhibition in Hong Kong in the first week of January.

"I think she likes having a week off before a slam," he said.

Sharapova will use the week of the Sydney tournament to practise at Melbourne Park, where she hopes to add the Australian Open to a relentless Russian purge of the majors.

Until Anastasia Myskina won the French Open at Roland Garros in May, no Russian woman had prevailed in the highest arenas.

Sharapova quickly followed, stunning defending champion Serena Williams in straight sets at the All-England Club before Svetlana Kuznetskova downed compatriot Elena Dementieva in the US Open at Flushing Meadow.

Given her heroics at the WTA season-ender in Los Angeles, Sharapova will confident of creating more mayhem at Rod Laver Arena from January 17-30.

The statuesque baseliner won 55 of 70 matches, landing five singles titles and more than $US2.5million prizemoney – a season-topping figure dwarfed by her marketing harvest.

Already backed by Nike and Prince, Siberian-born Sharapova has now signed an endorsement deal with watchmaker Tag Heuer.

Her Wimbledon victory completed the ultimate rags to riches tale.

She was wisked to Florida to train by her almost bankrupt father Yuri when she was only nine, leading to a two-year separation from her mother Yelena because of immigration and financial problems.

First spotted by Martina Navratilova during a Moscow exhibition, Sharapova has rocketed to fame after honing her game at Nick Bollettieri's famed Bradenton tennis ranch.

Her marketability has seen her sign with IMG models.

Sharapova was beaten in the third round of the last Australian Open by Myskina in a tight three-setter.
Old Dec 24th, 2004, 12:03 AM   #94
country flag Andy Mac

Andy Mac has a brilliant future Andy Mac has a brilliant future Andy Mac has a brilliant future Andy Mac has a brilliant future Andy Mac has a brilliant future Andy Mac has a brilliant future Andy Mac has a brilliant future Andy Mac has a brilliant future Andy Mac has a brilliant future Andy Mac has a brilliant future Andy Mac has a brilliant future
nice articles boys!

If you've been unfairly badrepped go here: http://www2.wtaworld.com/showthread.php?t=153890&page=1

CHARLOTTE PETRICK

remember that name!

0001..Eternal follower of the Golden Girl

Member of Marias Mafia, known to many as scarface
Andy Mac is offline View My Blog!  
Old Dec 24th, 2004, 04:40 AM   #95
country flag faust

faust is just really nice faust is just really nice faust is just really nice faust is just really nice faust is just really nice faust is just really nice faust is just really nice faust is just really nice faust is just really nice faust is just really nice faust is just really nice
restiricted thats bull!!
nice article though...
faust is offline View My Blog!  
Old Dec 30th, 2004, 04:32 AM   #96
country flag Dan23

Dan23 has a reputation beyond repute Dan23 has a reputation beyond repute Dan23 has a reputation beyond repute Dan23 has a reputation beyond repute Dan23 has a reputation beyond repute Dan23 has a reputation beyond repute Dan23 has a reputation beyond repute Dan23 has a reputation beyond repute Dan23 has a reputation beyond repute Dan23 has a reputation beyond repute Dan23 has a reputation beyond repute
Theyre still going with this
Its getting a bit over the top now...

Quote:
From Russia with love lost
By: Agencies
December 30, 2004
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
London: Australia will be the battleground next month for the civil war of Russian tennis.

The temperature will be as chilly as a Moscow winter in the corridors of Melbourne Park when Wimbledon champion Maria Sharapova and her entourage, including her controversial father Yuri, come across the other players responsible for the Russian revolution in women’s tennis.

It will be Sharapova’s first tournament since Grand Slam winners Anastasia Myskina and Svetlana Kuznetsova lent a clear voice in the past month to murmurings of discontent about their distant relationship with the game’s marketable new superstar.

French Open winner Myskina, surprisingly chosen last week as the ITF female world champion for 2004, said she would not play for Russia’s Fed Cup team next year if Sharapova plays.

Kuznetsova, a bolter US Open winner, told an interviewer Sharapova was the most popular Russian player.

“But I don’t know if you would call her Russian though,” she said earlier this month.

Russian Fed Cup captain Shamil Tarpishchev has said he will advocate Sharapova’s inclusion next year, leaving Myskina, who won two singles matches in her country’s Fed Cup final victory, in a dilemma on whether to back down.

But Sharapova’s budding celebrity, driven by corporate desire to link their business to her good looks and her remarkable success story, means there will be very few willing to say no to her.

Earlier this month, a lucrative sponsorship for Sharapova with an international watch manufacturer was announced, and teen said she would reject opportunities that required her to “work 30 days a year if some stupid company offers you millions of dollars”.

Quite apart from her abrasive father and the natural competitiveness between top players from the same nation, Sharapova’s lack of support among Russian mates is also because they regard her as more American than Russian.

At seven, she left her home in Siberia with her father to train at a Florida tennis academy and she has some of the accent characteristics of an American.

Russian tennis supplies seven of the top 15 players to the WTA rankings — Myskina (3), Sharapova (4), Kuznetsova (5), Elena Dementieva (6), Vera Zvonareva (11), Nadia Petrova (12) and Elena Bovina (15).

Their rise provided a problem for WTA Tour in helping casual tennis watchers tell one from the other.
pavlyuchenkova

Old Dec 30th, 2004, 12:04 PM   #97
country flag Lemonskin.

Lemonskin. has a reputation beyond repute Lemonskin. has a reputation beyond repute Lemonskin. has a reputation beyond repute Lemonskin. has a reputation beyond repute Lemonskin. has a reputation beyond repute Lemonskin. has a reputation beyond repute Lemonskin. has a reputation beyond repute Lemonskin. has a reputation beyond repute Lemonskin. has a reputation beyond repute Lemonskin. has a reputation beyond repute Lemonskin. has a reputation beyond repute
EvilKuzzie and EvilNasty at it again
grumblemeyer-spelterwasser-kurstlich-himbleeisen-bahnwagen-gutenabend-bitte-ein-
nürnburger-bratwustle-gerspurten-mitz-weimache-luber-hundsfut-gumberaber-shönedanker-
kalbsfleisch-mittler-aucher von Hautkopft of Ulm?
Lemonskin. is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jan 3rd, 2005, 08:44 AM   #98
country flag lakan kildap

lakan kildap is a splendid one to behold lakan kildap is a splendid one to behold lakan kildap is a splendid one to behold lakan kildap is a splendid one to behold lakan kildap is a splendid one to behold lakan kildap is a splendid one to behold lakan kildap is a splendid one to behold lakan kildap is a splendid one to behold lakan kildap is a splendid one to behold lakan kildap is a splendid one to behold lakan kildap is a splendid one to behold
I think I can safely say fans won't have a hard time telling Maria apart from the other Russians.

It's like what Bob Costas said about Jordan (and Mickey Mantle, actually, Costas said this after Mantle died). A complete stranger who has never seen Michael Jordan play, would still be able to tell him apart from the other players on the floor, even without uniform numbers and names on the jerseys. He's the beautiful one. The same could be said of Mickey Mantle.

And for Maria Sharapova.
Old Jan 3rd, 2005, 11:15 AM   #99
country flag Russia-Rulez

Russia-Rulez is just really nice Russia-Rulez is just really nice Russia-Rulez is just really nice Russia-Rulez is just really nice Russia-Rulez is just really nice Russia-Rulez is just really nice Russia-Rulez is just really nice Russia-Rulez is just really nice Russia-Rulez is just really nice Russia-Rulez is just really nice Russia-Rulez is just really nice
Maria Sharapova has donated $10.000,- to the tsunami disaster in Asia.....

BANGKOK (AFP) - Wimbledon champion Maria Sharapova, due to play an exhibition match in Thailand against Venus Williams, will donate 10,000 dollars to help victims of the killer tsunamis that hit the kingdom, a minister said.

Deputy Prime Minister and tennis association head Suwat Liptapanlop said the Russian starlet, scheduled to arrive in Bangkok late Wednesday, had notified him about her generosity.

"She informed us that she wanted to donate 10,000 dollars of her own money to the government's victim relief fund," Suwat told AFP.

The fund, launched on Tuesday, had already received donations amounting to 108 million baht (2.77 million dollars), according to media reports.

Although a gala dinner to be held for Sharapova and Williams would be cancelled out of respect for the unprecedented loss of life, the match scheduled for January 2 in the northern city of Chiang Mai was due to go ahead.

Source: Yahoo! Sports

My Favorites:

Elena Dementieva Maria Sharapova
Anastasia Myskina Svetlana Kuznetsova

visit TheRussian4.tk

GO MISA KRAJICEK Michaella-Krajicek.tk
Russia-Rulez is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jan 3rd, 2005, 12:00 PM   #100
country flag faust

faust is just really nice faust is just really nice faust is just really nice faust is just really nice faust is just really nice faust is just really nice faust is just really nice faust is just really nice faust is just really nice faust is just really nice faust is just really nice
wow she donated 10 gran!
thats rily so generous of her...
btw is 10,000 that BIG of a donation considerin its from a sports player??
Old Jan 3rd, 2005, 08:26 PM   #101
country flag Josh B.

Josh B. has a reputation beyond repute Josh B. has a reputation beyond repute Josh B. has a reputation beyond repute Josh B. has a reputation beyond repute Josh B. has a reputation beyond repute Josh B. has a reputation beyond repute Josh B. has a reputation beyond repute Josh B. has a reputation beyond repute Josh B. has a reputation beyond repute Josh B. has a reputation beyond repute Josh B. has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by faust
wow she donated 10 gran!
thats rily so generous of her...
btw is 10,000 that BIG of a donation considerin its from a sports player??

Any donation is good.

It doesnt matter who you are and how much you give, the main thing is that you have given money for donation!

That is rare of me to type a post like this!

FIRST TIME FOR EVERYTHING!

MANCHESTER UNITED

VICE BOSS OF THE GOOD REP FAIRES AND CO-FOUNDER
Josh B. is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jan 4th, 2005, 01:38 AM   #102
country flag lakan kildap

lakan kildap is a splendid one to behold lakan kildap is a splendid one to behold lakan kildap is a splendid one to behold lakan kildap is a splendid one to behold lakan kildap is a splendid one to behold lakan kildap is a splendid one to behold lakan kildap is a splendid one to behold lakan kildap is a splendid one to behold lakan kildap is a splendid one to behold lakan kildap is a splendid one to behold lakan kildap is a splendid one to behold
I'm not excusing anything, but I think what faust had just done, although I'm guessing here, is prepare us for the onslaught of "she's so stingy" criticisms from the Maria-haters, Ink. (I'm a bad speller). When I saw footage from CNN of her handing the check over, my reaction was "Oh (expletive), now the haters have something to aim at again."

But the thought isn't lost on me. Any donation is good, no matter the amount given. Given the staggering scale of the devastation, even millions of dollars seem small at this time. But that shouldn't discourage us from giving.

Besides, she's not even in control of her money yet. She's only (drum roll please) 17.
Old Jan 4th, 2005, 02:35 AM   #103
country flag Dan23

You missed it already Lakan
There was a thread in the GM about the donation last week and a few ( :retard: ) haters still found a reason to critisise Maria for making this donation
pavlyuchenkova

Old Jan 5th, 2005, 01:21 PM   #104
country flag faust

oh shooot...im sori...ive done it..
my question bout how much, was just a question out curiousity u know im not much exposed bout this kind of things...

well, it doesnt matter how much, its the thought that counts...and from a 17 yearold, tis really something...
Old Jan 5th, 2005, 01:22 PM   #105
country flag faust

btw what reasons bout the haters??
Closed Thread