** Masha News and Articles! ** - Page 54 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Oct 13th, 2006, 04:46 PM   #796
country flag lilibel

lilibel has much to be proud of lilibel has much to be proud of lilibel has much to be proud of lilibel has much to be proud of lilibel has much to be proud of lilibel has much to be proud of lilibel has much to be proud of lilibel has much to be proud of lilibel has much to be proud of lilibel has much to be proud of lilibel has much to be proud of

My Book : crazy-t(french)
My magazine(french)
My crazy forum(french & english)
lilibel is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Oct 13th, 2006, 05:05 PM   #797
country flag lilibel

lilibel has much to be proud of lilibel has much to be proud of lilibel has much to be proud of lilibel has much to be proud of lilibel has much to be proud of lilibel has much to be proud of lilibel has much to be proud of lilibel has much to be proud of lilibel has much to be proud of lilibel has much to be proud of lilibel has much to be proud of
old article(aigain in french)

My magazine(french)
Old Oct 13th, 2006, 08:56 PM   #798
country flag furrykitten

furrykitten has a reputation beyond repute furrykitten has a reputation beyond repute furrykitten has a reputation beyond repute furrykitten has a reputation beyond repute furrykitten has a reputation beyond repute furrykitten has a reputation beyond repute furrykitten has a reputation beyond repute furrykitten has a reputation beyond repute furrykitten has a reputation beyond repute furrykitten has a reputation beyond repute furrykitten has a reputation beyond repute
Nice Lilibel

We have a Lillibet also

Nice names

WOLVERHAMPTON WANDERERS FC
furrykitten is offline View My Blog!  
Old Oct 14th, 2006, 07:57 AM   #799
country flag lilibel

Quote:
Originally Posted by furrykitten
Nice Lilibel

We have a Lillibet also

Nice names
Yeah i see it too, i was surprise

My magazine(french)
Old Oct 14th, 2006, 09:35 AM   #800
country flag furrykitten

furrykitten has a reputation beyond repute furrykitten has a reputation beyond repute furrykitten has a reputation beyond repute furrykitten has a reputation beyond repute furrykitten has a reputation beyond repute furrykitten has a reputation beyond repute furrykitten has a reputation beyond repute furrykitten has a reputation beyond repute furrykitten has a reputation beyond repute furrykitten has a reputation beyond repute furrykitten has a reputation beyond repute
So whats your real name Lilibel?

WOLVERHAMPTON WANDERERS FC
furrykitten is offline View My Blog!  
Old Oct 14th, 2006, 12:12 PM   #801
country flag Sharapovafan4eva

Sharapovafan4eva is a name known to all Sharapovafan4eva is a name known to all Sharapovafan4eva is a name known to all Sharapovafan4eva is a name known to all Sharapovafan4eva is a name known to all Sharapovafan4eva is a name known to all Sharapovafan4eva is a name known to all Sharapovafan4eva is a name known to all Sharapovafan4eva is a name known to all Sharapovafan4eva is a name known to all Sharapovafan4eva is a name known to all
Great articles!
Sharapovafan4eva is offline View My Blog!  
Old Oct 30th, 2006, 05:44 AM   #802
country flag ~lollipop_girl~

~lollipop_girl~ has a reputation beyond repute ~lollipop_girl~ has a reputation beyond repute ~lollipop_girl~ has a reputation beyond repute ~lollipop_girl~ has a reputation beyond repute ~lollipop_girl~ has a reputation beyond repute ~lollipop_girl~ has a reputation beyond repute ~lollipop_girl~ has a reputation beyond repute ~lollipop_girl~ has a reputation beyond repute ~lollipop_girl~ has a reputation beyond repute ~lollipop_girl~ has a reputation beyond repute ~lollipop_girl~ has a reputation beyond repute
Re: ** Masha News and Articles! **

For old times sake to remind us where it all started...!

http://www.sonyericssonwtatour.com/3...?ContentID=102
June 16, 2003
Getting to Know Maria Sharapova

At age 15, Maria Sharapova was on Teen People's list of 20 teens who will change the world. In SPORT magazine, she was named as one of 21 athletes to watch for in the 21st century. Last week at the DFS Classic in Birmingham, the young, 5-foot-9 Russian proved she was deserving of these honors.
Sharapova, now 16 years old, charged through the main draw as a qualifier, knocking out three seeded players en route to her first WTA Tour semifinal. No.5 seed Nathalie Dechy and No.11 Marie-Gayane Mikaelian were the first two seeds to fall at the hands of Sharapova, both in straight sets. Sharapova may have needed three sets to win her quarterfinal match, but she was battling top seed and a fellow Russian seven years her senior, Elena Dementieva.

One set down, the younger Russian fought for the second set, claiming it in a tiebreak to even the match, then gained momentum in the third set to clinch victory 26 76(4) 62. Her successful run ended in the semifinals, when she fell to Shinobu Asagoe 62 26 76(3). Her triumphs on the courts of Birmingham certainly contributed to the strong ticket sales and increased publicity at the DFS Classic.

Sharapova started hitting tennis balls at four years old. At six, she participated in an exhibition in Moscow that featured a very well known tennis star, Martina Navratilova.

Apparently, Navratilova saw potential in the six-year-old Sharapova, and by age nine, young Maria was training at Nick Bollettieri's Tennis Academy in Bradenton, Florida.

For the Sharapova family, Maria's determination to become a top professional tennis player had its sacrifices.

In order to train in Bradenton, her father, Yuri, had to get a working visa for the US, but only Maria could accompany him. Because of visa restrictions and finances, Maria did not see her mother for two years. Being away from her mother and living at the Academy with girls almost twice her age forced Maria to mature faster than most kids her age. It was lonely at times. But, her fortitude would soon yield results.

At 14, on March 6, 2002, Maria made her WTA Tour debut at the Pacific Life Open in Indian Wells, and won her first match before falling to former world No.1 Monica Seles. On March 18, 2002, she appeared for the first time on the WTA Rankings at No.532.

Shortly afterwards, she captured her first pro title at an ITF Circuit event in Gunma, Japan, and ended 2002 with two more ITF Women's Circuit titles and a WTA ranking of No.188.

Her ascent up the WTA rankings continues with great leaps, most recently this week. Because of her success in Birmingham, Sharapova broke into the Top 100 for the first time on June 16, 2003, to improve her ranking from No.125 to a career-high No.88.

www.wtatour.com caught up with Maria Sharapova in Birmingham, England for the latest "Getting To Know..." profile.

You've had a great week on the grass in Birmingham, winning consecutive Tour matches for the first time in your career. Would you say grass is one of your favorite surfaces?
Grass is definitely my favorite surface because it really suits my game and also because it's special. There are only a couple of tournaments played on it, especially the biggest event, Wimbledon. It think it's lots of fun to play on.

With so much written about you in the press, comparing you to other players and predicting how good you are going to be, how do you manage to block out these distractions and concentrate on your tennis?
It's fine but it's tough at times, and sometimes, I want to get away. I accept that it's part of what I do. I've been getting the media attention since I was 13 - when I turned pro. I just do my thing and try to get on with it.

What are the most important pieces of advice you've been given, and who gave them to you?
My parents have been my best influence and given me the best advice in my life. They tell me to be strong, especially if I lose and to feel the same if I lose or win, to be happy no matter what. Happiness is what's most important.

When you're on the road at a tournament, what things do you do to get your mind off tennis, even for a short time?
I do my homework (Maria is in her second year of high school and studies via an internet school, which she loves). I also do yoga. This is my favorite thing because it's so relaxing. I have been learning about aromatherapy, so I like to light candles. And I love to read.

Obviously, I have to read my school books, but I love Russian literature and Sherlock Holmes. The mysteries are great, very clever, but sometimes I have to really wonder how he got from one point to another.

At the start of this year, what goals did you set for yourself? Are you on track to achieve them?
I didn't set goals for myself, except that I wanted to play my best and get as much experience as I could. So, in that sense, I am on track for that goal. This week on grass, giving me seven matches and some great wins, is the best experience. I can't really play too many events because of my age, so getting the maximum out of every event is very important.

With so much attention being paid to the rise of Russian tennis, does that put extra pressure on you to fulfill everyone's expectations?
I don't feel any pressure from it. I'm very happy that Russian tennis is going so well. I'm very proud to represent my country. I know that I have spent a lot of time in the U.S. to train for my tennis, but my heart is Russian, and all my family still live in Russia. It's very important to me - being Russian.

What part of being a professional tennis player do you like the most? The least?
The most - traveling, seeing new people and cultures and the great people we get to meet. I try to go sightseeing, but it is difficult because if you are winning, you are concentrating on the tournament and practicing, but if you lose, you have to get to the next event.

The least - hotel rooms, packing and unpacking, realizing that you don't have something with you that you need or would like to wear. Also, (choosing) restaurants - I like to eat as close to the hotels as possible. I hate walking far for food, and I've become sick from some places, so once I find a (restaurant) that is ok, I eat there four or five times a week.

The thing I dislike the most is being away from my mother. I miss her a lot when I travel.

I love the comment about Sherlock Holmes getting from one place to another!
KEEP SCREAMING MASHA!!!
GO MY GIRLS!!!

|Ain't no party like a...COCKTAIL PARTY!| D'Express_027|

0027...Eternal follower of the Golden Girl
Official Shortie of the Maria Mafia...
Go the Mighty Knights...My other girls:Makiri,Aga,Tati,Misa,Jarka
~lollipop_girl~ is offline View My Blog!  
Old Nov 9th, 2006, 08:34 PM   #803
country flag Maria Croft

Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute

Sharapova Wins Whirlpool Award

MADRID, Spain - Maria Sharapova has been named the second annual winner of the Whirlpool 6th sense Player of the Year, announced Thursday at the season-ending 2006 Sony Ericsson Championships.

The award, which honors the player who has demonstrated the most 6th sense intuition over the course of the year, was presented to Sharapova by Dino Olivetti, brand director of Whirlpool Europe.

Maria was one of the three world's top players short-listed for the award via an online competition organised by Whirlpool, Premier Sponsor of the Tour. The competition ran from March 2006 to October 2006 on www.eurosport.com, www.sonyericssonwtatour.com and www.whirlpool.eu.com. Over 54,000 people participated with over 15,000 voting for the three players they felt best reflected 6th sense intuition – sharp intelligence, unbeatable performance and pinpoint precision.

The three finalists chosen were Martina Hingis, Maria Sharapova and Amélie Mauresmo. From the finalists, Maria was chosen to receive the Award by an expert panel and the online voters from across Europe. The panel consisted of former World No. 1 and 14 time Grand Slam title winner – Arantxa Sanchez; Co-President of the International Tennis Writers

"I'm thrilled to have won the Whirlpool 6th sense Player of the Year award for 2006," Sharapova said. "It completes a great year for me and it is an honor to win such an award against the world's best players. The significance of intuition in my game is that I try to anticipate my opponent so I can react faster and with greater precision. As the game gets faster and the competition stronger, intuition becomes even more important."

"Maria has had a fantastic season and I am delighted that our consumers across Europe along with the judging panel have recognized her outstanding abilities," said Giuseppe Perucchetti, vice president of brand marketing at Whirlpool Europe.

"This is a special award for our players, and one that truly captures of the essences of both the Whirlpool and women's tennis brands," added Sony Ericsson WTA Tour CEO Larry Scott.

Congrats Maria, you deserve it

Wimbledon 2004 US Open 2006
Australian Open 2008 Roland Garros 2012 2014
0013..Eternal follower of the Golden Girl
Maria Croft is offline View My Blog!  
Old Nov 9th, 2006, 09:10 PM   #804
country flag Kitten63

Kitten63 has a reputation beyond repute Kitten63 has a reputation beyond repute Kitten63 has a reputation beyond repute Kitten63 has a reputation beyond repute Kitten63 has a reputation beyond repute Kitten63 has a reputation beyond repute Kitten63 has a reputation beyond repute Kitten63 has a reputation beyond repute Kitten63 has a reputation beyond repute Kitten63 has a reputation beyond repute Kitten63 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Summon View Post
Sharapova Wins Whirlpool Award

MADRID, Spain - Maria Sharapova has been named the second annual winner of the Whirlpool 6th sense Player of the Year, announced Thursday at the season-ending 2006 Sony Ericsson Championships.

The award, which honors the player who has demonstrated the most 6th sense intuition over the course of the year, was presented to Sharapova by Dino Olivetti, brand director of Whirlpool Europe.

Maria was one of the three world's top players short-listed for the award via an online competition organised by Whirlpool, Premier Sponsor of the Tour. The competition ran from March 2006 to October 2006 on www.eurosport.com, www.sonyericssonwtatour.com and www.whirlpool.eu.com. Over 54,000 people participated with over 15,000 voting for the three players they felt best reflected 6th sense intuition – sharp intelligence, unbeatable performance and pinpoint precision.

The three finalists chosen were Martina Hingis, Maria Sharapova and Amélie Mauresmo. From the finalists, Maria was chosen to receive the Award by an expert panel and the online voters from across Europe. The panel consisted of former World No. 1 and 14 time Grand Slam title winner – Arantxa Sanchez; Co-President of the International Tennis Writers

"I'm thrilled to have won the Whirlpool 6th sense Player of the Year award for 2006," Sharapova said. "It completes a great year for me and it is an honor to win such an award against the world's best players. The significance of intuition in my game is that I try to anticipate my opponent so I can react faster and with greater precision. As the game gets faster and the competition stronger, intuition becomes even more important."

"Maria has had a fantastic season and I am delighted that our consumers across Europe along with the judging panel have recognized her outstanding abilities," said Giuseppe Perucchetti, vice president of brand marketing at Whirlpool Europe.

"This is a special award for our players, and one that truly captures of the essences of both the Whirlpool and women's tennis brands," added Sony Ericsson WTA Tour CEO Larry Scott.

Congrats Maria, you deserve it
cograts masha! justine won last year right?

Anna Chakvetadze Petra Kvitova Jelena Jankovic Nicole Vaidisova Svetlana Kuznetsova Dinara Safina Elena Dementieva Vera Zvonereva Nadia Petrova Marion Bartoli Samantha Stosur

0663...Eternal follower of the Golden Girl
Federer Gasquet Djokovic Youzhny Berdych
Kitten63 is offline View My Blog!  
Old Nov 10th, 2006, 01:50 AM   #805
country flag ~lollipop_girl~

~lollipop_girl~ has a reputation beyond repute ~lollipop_girl~ has a reputation beyond repute ~lollipop_girl~ has a reputation beyond repute ~lollipop_girl~ has a reputation beyond repute ~lollipop_girl~ has a reputation beyond repute ~lollipop_girl~ has a reputation beyond repute ~lollipop_girl~ has a reputation beyond repute ~lollipop_girl~ has a reputation beyond repute ~lollipop_girl~ has a reputation beyond repute ~lollipop_girl~ has a reputation beyond repute ~lollipop_girl~ has a reputation beyond repute

Woohoo
Just the start of the awards Maria!
KEEP SCREAMING MASHA!!!
GO MY GIRLS!!!

|Ain't no party like a...COCKTAIL PARTY!| D'Express_027|

0027...Eternal follower of the Golden Girl
Official Shortie of the Maria Mafia...
Go the Mighty Knights...My other girls:Makiri,Aga,Tati,Misa,Jarka
~lollipop_girl~ is offline View My Blog!  
Old Nov 12th, 2006, 07:54 PM   #806
the cat

the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute

There is an excellent article on Maria and her improving attitude in today's "The Independent" newspaper. It located at http://sport.independent.co.uk/tenni...cle1963385.ece.
Happiness is like a cat. If you try to coax it or call it, it will avoid you. It will never come. But if you pay no attention to it and go about your business, you'll find it rubbing up against your legs and jumping into your lap. - William Bennett

http://cornedbeefhash.files.wordpres...arcelona08.jpg
the cat is offline View My Blog!  
Old Nov 13th, 2006, 12:30 AM   #807
country flag myxomatosis

myxomatosis has a reputation beyond repute myxomatosis has a reputation beyond repute myxomatosis has a reputation beyond repute myxomatosis has a reputation beyond repute myxomatosis has a reputation beyond repute myxomatosis has a reputation beyond repute myxomatosis has a reputation beyond repute myxomatosis has a reputation beyond repute myxomatosis has a reputation beyond repute myxomatosis has a reputation beyond repute myxomatosis has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by the cat View Post
There is an excellent article on Maria and her improving attitude in today's "The Independent" newspaper. It located at http://sport.independent.co.uk/tenni...cle1963385.ece.
What a wonderful article!
Thanks so much for posting it!

Ontario Loves the Laura Party 2007!!!
myxomatosis is offline View My Blog!  
Old Nov 13th, 2006, 03:38 PM   #808
country flag Maria Croft

Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute

That article is so positive, it's almost scary

Wimbledon 2004 US Open 2006
Australian Open 2008 Roland Garros 2012 2014
0013..Eternal follower of the Golden Girl
Maria Croft is offline View My Blog!  
Old Nov 13th, 2006, 03:50 PM   #809
country flag myxomatosis

myxomatosis has a reputation beyond repute myxomatosis has a reputation beyond repute myxomatosis has a reputation beyond repute myxomatosis has a reputation beyond repute myxomatosis has a reputation beyond repute myxomatosis has a reputation beyond repute myxomatosis has a reputation beyond repute myxomatosis has a reputation beyond repute myxomatosis has a reputation beyond repute myxomatosis has a reputation beyond repute myxomatosis has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Summon View Post
That article is so positive, it's almost scary
Don't let it get out into GM, they'll say it's all a conspiracy and that "Ronald Atkin" (the article's author) is actually Larry Scott in disguise.

Ontario Loves the Laura Party 2007!!!
myxomatosis is offline View My Blog!  
Old Nov 13th, 2006, 04:48 PM   #810
country flag johnoo

johnoo has a reputation beyond repute johnoo has a reputation beyond repute johnoo has a reputation beyond repute johnoo has a reputation beyond repute johnoo has a reputation beyond repute johnoo has a reputation beyond repute johnoo has a reputation beyond repute johnoo has a reputation beyond repute johnoo has a reputation beyond repute johnoo has a reputation beyond repute johnoo has a reputation beyond repute

this is from todays daily telegraph,in bold is the bit about maria,do you agree with it
Quote:
Henin captures high ground
By Mark Hodgkinson in Madrid
Last Updated: 2:58am GMT 13/11/2006

There was a double sense of satisfaction for Justine Henin-Hardenne here yesterday. A day on from securing the year-end world No 1 ranking, the determined little Belgian outplayed the defending champion, Amelie Mauresmo, to win the season-closing Sony Ericsson Championships.

Over the course of the season, Henin-Hardenne has always been consistent and competitive, by winning Roland Garros and making the final of the other three grand slams. Here at the Casa de Campo she reversed the result from this year's Australian Open and Wimbledon title matches when she defeated the Frenchwoman 6-4, 6-3 to take the most prestigious trophy after the slams.

Mauresmo, who had gone into the tournament holding the top ranking and the title, lost both. But she will look back with plenty of pride as this was the year when she delivered by becoming a grand slam champion for the first time at the Australian Open, and then followed it up with success at the All England Club.

While there was a great deal of respect for the way in which Henin-Hardenne performed in the final days of the season, especially as she was playing her first tournament since September after coming back from a knee injury, it still felt as though there was something missing from the final. And that something, or someone, was Maria Sharapova. For women's tennis to grab the public's attention, it needs Sharapova as the world No 1.

Had Sharapova, the US Open champion, beaten Henin-Hardenne in their Saturday semi-final, and then gone on to win the title then the teenage Russian would have ended the year on top of the rankings.

Although Sharapova had been on a 19-match unbeaten run, it was a poor display from her against Henin-Hardenne. Sharapova will have to make do with being the year-end world No 2, while Mauresmo will drop two places to third on the list.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/mai...3/stwome13.xml
johnoo is offline View My Blog!  
Closed Thread