** Masha News and Articles! ** - Page 53 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Oct 9th, 2006, 10:20 AM   #781
country flag markspot

markspot is a splendid one to behold markspot is a splendid one to behold markspot is a splendid one to behold markspot is a splendid one to behold markspot is a splendid one to behold markspot is a splendid one to behold markspot is a splendid one to behold markspot is a splendid one to behold markspot is a splendid one to behold markspot is a splendid one to behold markspot is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by morningglory
hmmm Maria came to Thailand quite recently so I wager I'm at the US
Yeah Thailand's coup was bloodless... the tanks were just for the intimidation purpose (no one tried to oppose it) or should I note that those rusty, primitive tanks would be scrap metal if they'd gone down to our Southern Muslim regions... down there they blow up cars like crazy with bombs and all that stuff

You see our army is serverely under-teched We're not a nation made for war
Sorry, I meant the Tsunami.
Maria arrived in Thailand literally 3 days later, I think.
With Venus. She met the New Year there.
Somehow I blame the prime minister for the tsunami victims, there was enough time to warn people and Thailand has modern means of communication, especially in the affected coastal areas.
So just because of that I am ok that he's gone.

Last edited by markspot : Oct 9th, 2006 at 10:52 AM.
markspot is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Oct 9th, 2006, 10:33 AM   #782
country flag markspot

markspot is a splendid one to behold markspot is a splendid one to behold markspot is a splendid one to behold markspot is a splendid one to behold markspot is a splendid one to behold markspot is a splendid one to behold markspot is a splendid one to behold markspot is a splendid one to behold markspot is a splendid one to behold markspot is a splendid one to behold markspot is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by lakan kildap
There are actually many Filipino languages, what is often referred to as "Filipino" is actually Tagalog, one of the dominant languages of Luzon island esp. around Manila, and as a result of the 'national language' policy of my country began in the 20th century, the national language of the country, aside from English. For me, personally, Tagalog is more of a market language, necessary for commerce, but hardly adequate to cover everything at its present state. It's not my native language, mine's Capampangan/Pampango.

But Tagalog or otherwise, the Filipino languages should be easy to learn. Consonants and vowels almost always go together, so pronunciation is easy. "A" is the most commonly used vowel. (Aba, nakakabasa na pala ako! Loose translation: holy #$%, I can read already!)

English speakers will have to overcome their tendency for long vowels, though. No long a's, no long e's, no long i's, you get the point. Imagine reading the names of people and places in "The Lord of the Rings" (properly, as Tolkien prescribes in his book) . That's how Tagalog is like. No wonder I took to LOTR like fish to water.
Sounds beautiful. I should have known that it is somehow related to polynesian languages...
Now I googled it and found out that
"hot" in Visayan is "init", which is a word you use a lot if you do any computer programming. Cool.

Last edited by markspot : Oct 9th, 2006 at 10:56 AM.
markspot is offline View My Blog!  
Old Oct 10th, 2006, 08:27 AM   #783
country flag TaliaSecondServe

TaliaSecondServe is a name known to all TaliaSecondServe is a name known to all TaliaSecondServe is a name known to all TaliaSecondServe is a name known to all TaliaSecondServe is a name known to all TaliaSecondServe is a name known to all TaliaSecondServe is a name known to all TaliaSecondServe is a name known to all TaliaSecondServe is a name known to all TaliaSecondServe is a name known to all TaliaSecondServe is a name known to all
So, guys, yesterday there was an interview with Maria in Russian. It's hard for me to translate it all, but I can tell just briefly what she has told.
So, there were questions about her form, she said she is in a good form, feels herself fit enough to win. She also told that Kremlin Cup is special for her, and after USO it was difficult for her to start practicing hard again but the fact that her first tourny will be in Moscow in her motherland gave her motivation.
Then about the draw. Maria told that the most tough opponent is Mauresmo, but apart from that she doesn't think much about the draw, as the first match is everything that she cares about now. She also very exicited to meet Dinara in quaters
About Fed Cup and Olympics: she said she always wanted to play for Russia and Olympics was her dream since she was little girl. She said she decided to play next year because now she feels fit enough for it. She is ready for the first round with Spain, wants to play it on hard. She also said that for her it doesn't matter who else will be in the team, she'll be ready to play with anyone and she is very exicited about it cause Fed Cup has a special environment - team spirit - that's is very interesting for her since tennis is a very individual sport.
Asked about favourite place in Moscow: she said she has not managed to see much but for now it is Kremlin where Maria likes to watch at dresses of our czarinas of 18-19 centuries - Ekaterina the great etc.
Then about the press. She said this year they follow her not less than last year and she knows very well the majority of the journalists in this room cause they follow her everywhere .
Ah, then a very elegant question about boyfriend The journalists said: "Maria, you create your own parfume, you design your dresses and play with Prince racket. So can you probably design a prince of your own - he is a blond or dark-haired man, he's generous, smart and so on.
Everyone including Maria laughed . But then she answered that she doesn't choose them by some criteria, it doesn't matter if he is blond or not and so on.
There were also some other questions if you are interested - I can write them later. Hope with my poor English you had a chance to understand what I've written..
TaliaSecondServe is offline View My Blog!  
Old Oct 10th, 2006, 09:54 AM   #784
country flag shad9480

shad9480 is a name known to all shad9480 is a name known to all shad9480 is a name known to all shad9480 is a name known to all shad9480 is a name known to all shad9480 is a name known to all shad9480 is a name known to all shad9480 is a name known to all shad9480 is a name known to all shad9480 is a name known to all shad9480 is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by TaliaSecondServe
So, guys, yesterday there was an interview with Maria in Russian. It's hard for me to translate it all, but I can tell just briefly what she has told.
So, there were questions about her form, she said she is in a good form, feels herself fit enough to win. She also told that Kremlin Cup is special for her, and after USO it was difficult for her to start practicing hard again but the fact that her first tourny will be in Moscow in her motherland gave her motivation.
Then about the draw. Maria told that the most tough opponent is Mauresmo, but apart from that she doesn't think much about the draw, as the first match is everything that she cares about now. She also very exicited to meet Dinara in quaters
About Fed Cup and Olympics: she said she always wanted to play for Russia and Olympics was her dream since she was little girl. She said she decided to play next year because now she feels fit enough for it. She is ready for the first round with Spain, wants to play it on hard. She also said that for her it doesn't matter who else will be in the team, she'll be ready to play with anyone and she is very exicited about it cause Fed Cup has a special environment - team spirit - that's is very interesting for her since tennis is a very individual sport.
Asked about favourite place in Moscow: she said she has not managed to see much but for now it is Kremlin where Maria likes to watch at dresses of our czarinas of 18-19 centuries - Ekaterina the great etc.
Then about the press. She said this year they follow her not less than last year and she knows very well the majority of the journalists in this room cause they follow her everywhere .
Ah, then a very elegant question about boyfriend The journalists said: "Maria, you create your own parfume, you design your dresses and play with Prince racket. So can you probably design a prince of your own - he is a blond or dark-haired man, he's generous, smart and so on.
Everyone including Maria laughed . But then she answered that she doesn't choose them by some criteria, it doesn't matter if he is blond or not and so on.
There were also some other questions if you are interested - I can write them later. Hope with my poor English you had a chance to understand what I've written..
Oh gosh...thank you. Your English is not bad at all. I can understand them perfectly. Thanx again. Just so wonderful to have someone on the other side of the continent to give us all these tidbits and info of Masha when she's in Moscow. We owe you a lot

Do continue with what you are doing, my friend

Masha...can't wait to see you in action. Hopefully tomorrow
shad9480 is offline View My Blog!  
Old Oct 10th, 2006, 10:55 AM   #785
country flag Sharapovafan4eva

Sharapovafan4eva is a name known to all Sharapovafan4eva is a name known to all Sharapovafan4eva is a name known to all Sharapovafan4eva is a name known to all Sharapovafan4eva is a name known to all Sharapovafan4eva is a name known to all Sharapovafan4eva is a name known to all Sharapovafan4eva is a name known to all Sharapovafan4eva is a name known to all Sharapovafan4eva is a name known to all Sharapovafan4eva is a name known to all
I can understand it just fine, thanks for translating!
Sharapovafan4eva is offline View My Blog!  
Old Oct 10th, 2006, 11:40 AM   #786
country flag ~lollipop_girl~

~lollipop_girl~ has a reputation beyond repute ~lollipop_girl~ has a reputation beyond repute ~lollipop_girl~ has a reputation beyond repute ~lollipop_girl~ has a reputation beyond repute ~lollipop_girl~ has a reputation beyond repute ~lollipop_girl~ has a reputation beyond repute ~lollipop_girl~ has a reputation beyond repute ~lollipop_girl~ has a reputation beyond repute ~lollipop_girl~ has a reputation beyond repute ~lollipop_girl~ has a reputation beyond repute ~lollipop_girl~ has a reputation beyond repute
Yeah thanks mate that is great... Your English is great btw so don't worry about it... It surprises me how many people who speak English as a 2nd language and speak it well, think that they have bad English, hmmm... Just thinking out loud guys!

Again thank you!
KEEP SCREAMING MASHA!!!
GO MY GIRLS!!!

|Ain't no party like a...COCKTAIL PARTY!| D'Express_027|

0027...Eternal follower of the Golden Girl
Official Shortie of the Maria Mafia...
Go the Mighty Knights...My other girls:Makiri,Aga,Tati,Misa,Jarka
~lollipop_girl~ is offline View My Blog!  
Old Oct 10th, 2006, 12:26 PM   #787
country flag TaliaSecondServe

TaliaSecondServe is a name known to all TaliaSecondServe is a name known to all TaliaSecondServe is a name known to all TaliaSecondServe is a name known to all TaliaSecondServe is a name known to all TaliaSecondServe is a name known to all TaliaSecondServe is a name known to all TaliaSecondServe is a name known to all TaliaSecondServe is a name known to all TaliaSecondServe is a name known to all TaliaSecondServe is a name known to all
Some other questions:
What does Maria do here when she's not training? She said she goes to different restaurants, likes to eat very much Did some shopping and would like to visit Red Square once again but hasn't managed to do it yet.
She was also asked about the meeting with President of International Olympic Committee Roggey (not sure about spelling) - he is in Moscow now. Maria answered that they only became acquainted and have not discussed anything, but probably will in future.
Then.. why Moscow is not in the 10 favorites cities that Maria mentioned on her website? The answer was that she hasn't spent much time in Moscow yet, so she has to stay here a little bit more time to mention it on web site, - joked Maria
They also asked about her cousin - Dasha. Maria said that Dasha is training in Florida for 2 years already, but the last time Maria saw her was a year ago so she can't say how well she plays at the moment.
About the courts. Maria said the court is a bit better than last year - not so sticky, but still rather slow .
TaliaSecondServe is offline View My Blog!  
Old Oct 10th, 2006, 12:29 PM   #788
country flag Dan23

Dan23 has a reputation beyond repute Dan23 has a reputation beyond repute Dan23 has a reputation beyond repute Dan23 has a reputation beyond repute Dan23 has a reputation beyond repute Dan23 has a reputation beyond repute Dan23 has a reputation beyond repute Dan23 has a reputation beyond repute Dan23 has a reputation beyond repute Dan23 has a reputation beyond repute Dan23 has a reputation beyond repute
Thanks Talia
pavlyuchenkova

Dan23 is offline View My Blog!  
Old Oct 10th, 2006, 12:49 PM   #789
country flag myxomatosis

myxomatosis has a reputation beyond repute myxomatosis has a reputation beyond repute myxomatosis has a reputation beyond repute myxomatosis has a reputation beyond repute myxomatosis has a reputation beyond repute myxomatosis has a reputation beyond repute myxomatosis has a reputation beyond repute myxomatosis has a reputation beyond repute myxomatosis has a reputation beyond repute myxomatosis has a reputation beyond repute myxomatosis has a reputation beyond repute
Thanks for the translations Talia!
So Maria hasn't seen Dasha in a year....I guess they're not exactly a close-knit family.

Ontario Loves the Laura Party 2007!!!
myxomatosis is offline View My Blog!  
Old Oct 10th, 2006, 01:07 PM   #790
country flag ~lollipop_girl~

~lollipop_girl~ has a reputation beyond repute ~lollipop_girl~ has a reputation beyond repute ~lollipop_girl~ has a reputation beyond repute ~lollipop_girl~ has a reputation beyond repute ~lollipop_girl~ has a reputation beyond repute ~lollipop_girl~ has a reputation beyond repute ~lollipop_girl~ has a reputation beyond repute ~lollipop_girl~ has a reputation beyond repute ~lollipop_girl~ has a reputation beyond repute ~lollipop_girl~ has a reputation beyond repute ~lollipop_girl~ has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by myxomatosis
Thanks for the translations Talia!
So Maria hasn't seen Dasha in a year....I guess they're not exactly a close-knit family.
Especially if they have both been in Florida and Masha hasn't take the time to go see her, I'm sure after she won USO Dasha would have liked to see her!
KEEP SCREAMING MASHA!!!
GO MY GIRLS!!!

|Ain't no party like a...COCKTAIL PARTY!| D'Express_027|

0027...Eternal follower of the Golden Girl
Official Shortie of the Maria Mafia...
Go the Mighty Knights...My other girls:Makiri,Aga,Tati,Misa,Jarka
~lollipop_girl~ is offline View My Blog!  
Old Oct 10th, 2006, 01:55 PM   #791
country flag Maria Croft

Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute
Thanks for the info

Wimbledon 2004 US Open 2006
Australian Open 2008 Roland Garros 2012 2014
0013..Eternal follower of the Golden Girl
Maria Croft is offline View My Blog!  
Old Oct 10th, 2006, 01:58 PM   #792
country flag xan

xan has a reputation beyond repute xan has a reputation beyond repute xan has a reputation beyond repute xan has a reputation beyond repute xan has a reputation beyond repute xan has a reputation beyond repute xan has a reputation beyond repute xan has a reputation beyond repute xan has a reputation beyond repute xan has a reputation beyond repute xan has a reputation beyond repute
Thanks for the interview!

Official Hitman of the Maria Mafia
xan is offline View My Blog!  
Old Oct 10th, 2006, 03:27 PM   #793
country flag Teemu

Teemu has much to be proud of Teemu has much to be proud of Teemu has much to be proud of Teemu has much to be proud of Teemu has much to be proud of Teemu has much to be proud of Teemu has much to be proud of Teemu has much to be proud of Teemu has much to be proud of Teemu has much to be proud of Teemu has much to be proud of
Thanks a lot for the translation.
I've promised myself to learn Russian some day, but atm it just doesn't fit on the top of my to-do-list. Your English is just fine btw, so no need to worry.

Genie!

0981..Eternal Follower of the Golden Girl
Lone Wolf of the Maria Mafia
Teemu is offline View My Blog!  
Old Oct 13th, 2006, 12:36 AM   #794
country flag Dan23

Dan23 has a reputation beyond repute Dan23 has a reputation beyond repute Dan23 has a reputation beyond repute Dan23 has a reputation beyond repute Dan23 has a reputation beyond repute Dan23 has a reputation beyond repute Dan23 has a reputation beyond repute Dan23 has a reputation beyond repute Dan23 has a reputation beyond repute Dan23 has a reputation beyond repute Dan23 has a reputation beyond repute
thanks to Dimitry on the Russian site here is audio of Maria's interview after the 2R match in Moscow....its mainly in Russian tho of course but there are some English parts

http://www.wtatour.ru/media/ms/2006-10-11-kk.mp3
pavlyuchenkova

Dan23 is offline View My Blog!  
Old Oct 13th, 2006, 03:38 AM   #795
country flag myxomatosis

myxomatosis has a reputation beyond repute myxomatosis has a reputation beyond repute myxomatosis has a reputation beyond repute myxomatosis has a reputation beyond repute myxomatosis has a reputation beyond repute myxomatosis has a reputation beyond repute myxomatosis has a reputation beyond repute myxomatosis has a reputation beyond repute myxomatosis has a reputation beyond repute myxomatosis has a reputation beyond repute myxomatosis has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan23
thanks to Dimitry on the Russian site here is audio of Maria's interview after the 2R match in Moscow....its mainly in Russian tho of course but there are some English parts

http://www.wtatour.ru/media/ms/2006-10-11-kk.mp3
Thanks Dan!

Ontario Loves the Laura Party 2007!!!
myxomatosis is offline View My Blog!  
Closed Thread